OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPS, Fed Ex, regular mail, janitorial supplies, food service, utility trucks, meter readers, mowing crews.......

jmo
Yes,Thank you.Any in a white truck? Electrical truck? I'm just thinking about alot of possibilities right now.Please bear with me ok?

But this is what bothers me about your point. If they don't have a clue then why would they not offer the reward money. If it was my child and LE didn't have a clue I'd be insisting they offer reward money for any info.

Just MHOO

I think they don't want people searching all over the place on their own; rewards bring out the kooks. And not sure there is a history of rewards helping much in these kinds of cases. They would probably get bombarded with tips like the Walmart sighting and have to follow all of them up. Am just guessing, but I think they may have to go the reward route at some point...that is like admitting they don't have a clue though. And they also would not need a reward if they have a suspect and believe he has been killed...they just need to find Kyron.

When I reach a point - as in this case - where you have gotten absolutely nowhere and are basically right back at the beginning, I always think of two words:

OCCAM'S RAZOR

and that's all I got to say - the end.

I'm afraid you're right, to me it makes the most sense with regards to LE's behavior

When I reach a point - as in this case - where you have gotten absolutely nowhere and are basically right back at the beginning, I always think of two words:

OCCAM'S RAZOR

and that's all I got to say - the end.
Yeah me too. That is why the ransom and vendetta type situations just don;t add up at this point. To me, the opportunity was there and someone just walked off with him and no one noticed.

If he never made it to school, or we only had one persons account for him being at school I might think otherwise.
I also think for him to walk away on his own would be the most noticeable thing of all.

I am with you on OCCAM's RAZOR.

After talking to all the people, students and parents, I am guessing that no one remembers seeing anyone that didn't belong there. If there were someone out of place someone would have remembered it. It had to be someone who was not out of place there. I don't know how much credence I give to the 9:00 am sighting. They aren't saying who it was or where it was. If it were a child I can easily see it being inaccurate. Look at the child who said there was a sub. Children are eager to help and it is well know that even eye witness accounts can be clouded. I heard somewhere that eye witness accounts are considered very unreliable. You can have 20 people witness the same event and get 20 different versions.
The only things I find curious is that there was a talent show that afternoon. I would expect that some family would have been there since it was said, unconfirmed, that he was supposed to participate. I am also curious about why his project was left in the school. It seemed to me that they showed pictures of the classroom taken the following Monday and it didn't seem that there were a lot of projects left there. These are things that make me go "hmmm", as they say.
All that said, it really seems that LE is kind of grasping at straws. I am sure they have interviewed all that they can and it doesn't seem like they have any likely suspects. I do agree that if someone took him he is probably no where near that area that they are searching.
I am leaning against the step mother because, as it's been said, she would have had no way of knowing that he would not be missed and could have expected a phone call at any time asking if she took home her son. The search would have started immediately, with no time to hide the boy.
There seems to have been no evidence found. Bottom line. Whoever did this, if indeed someone did, had all the right planets align in their favor and perhaps commited the perfect crime. Yet wandering away seems unlikely, too. There would have been some indications if he had left on his own. Truly baffleing all around.

I think LE feels that Suavie Island was the destination via SR30. The only question remaining is which road was taken from the school to SR30.

Yes, that makes sense SuziQ; this article talks about alot of search activity at Suavie Island today...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_begins_nin.html

Snipped...A National Guard helicopter flew low over the slough dividing Sauvie Island and the mainland today, hovering about 100 feet off the ground, headed slowly back and forth.

Search teams combed the steep grassy hillside along US 30 and the rail line beside it.

I think LE feels that Suavie Island was the destination via SR30. The only question remaining is which road was taken from the school to SR30.

Here is some info from my previous post, for what it is worth:

Trying to focus on this Sauvie Island. I am thinking the quickest way to get from the school to Sauvie Island, would be NW Skyline Blvd to NW Newberry Road, to NW St. Helens road (route 30) where you would cross the bridge to Sauvie Island? I'm not from around there, so just guessing.

Here is a link to pufnstuf's most amazing map:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...0795a&t=h&z=10

I think they don't want people searching all over the place on their own; rewards bring out the kooks. And not sure there is a history of rewards helping much in these kinds of cases. They would probably get bombarded with tips like the Walmart sighting and have to follow all of them up. Am just guessing, but I think they may have to go the reward route at some point...that is like admitting they don't have a clue though. And they also would not need a reward if they have a suspect and believe he has been killed...they just need to find Kyron.

You are correct about kooks and no, rewards don't usually do much good BUT ...... still it's unusual. Has there been a case, ever, when LE said "no" to reward money when LE didn't have a POI or clue? Maybe there is and I'm not aware of it. When my son went on his adventure/jaunt (was found about 2 hrs later by friends) the Sheriff told me that while they appreciated all the locals out searching, it was really confusing the dog. We live in a subdivision with lots of woods and underbrush but nothing compared to what I've seen from pics at KH's school. I can understand LE doesn't want to be rescuing stranded searchers or fielding calls from kooks but, but , but..............all I can assume is they have more than they are telling.

Yes,Thank you.Any in a white truck? Electrical truck? I'm just thinking about alot of possibilities right now.Please bear with me ok?

I came up with even more than that...scary when you think about it really. At public schools there are always tons of maintenance trucks that travel through the whole district doing odds and ends. They drive in, do whatever, and leave with absolutely no contact with most anyone in the building, unless the on site janitor happens to wander out to talk with them. They might be repairing playground equipment, planting trees, fixing the running track, checking the roof drains....any kind of thing and a work force that changes personnel frequently. And yes, in the four different school districts that I worked in, plus the one that I attended myself growing up.....the maintenance crews trucks were always white. They usually were just marked with a school district number or even just a truck number in small black lettering.

jmoo

My opinion is the media focus on reward money would take the focus off of Kyron.
It also causes many people think victim's family is suspicious if they use it, or remark on it.
I think it's quite wise to not allow money to enter into the arena. jmo.

If this were my family member, I wouldn't want money coming into it at all.
I'd want people looking around, and looking everywhere for his face.
That would be enough for me, and as the family said, it's appreciated.
moo

Here is some info from my previous post, for what it is worth:

Trying to focus on this Sauvie Island. I am thinking the quickest way to get from the school to Sauvie Island, would be NW Skyline Blvd to NW Newberry Road, to NW St. Helens road (route 30) where you would cross the bridge to Sauvie Island? I'm not from around there, so just guessing.

Here is a link to pufnstuf's most amazing map:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...0795a&t=h&z=10

there is only one bridge there to Sauvies Island.. east to Portland..
The school is so close to Cornelius Pass that being a local, I'd take that road, but then "if" someone was trying to not be noticed to maybe go on a lesser traveled road...

hmmm

Just had a thought which leads to a question, in the family video am I correct that the step-dad spoke before the dad?

kryon-horman-clothes-470.jpg

Just one hour earlier, police revealed a replica of the clothing Kyron Horman was wearing when he disappeared. Police hoped that this new information would help create more leads to assist them in their effort to locate the missing boy.​

Police said Horman was wearing a black CSI T-shirt, dark cargo-style pants, Hanes athletic socks and well-worn Skechers sneakers.​

there is only one bridge there to Sauvies Island.. east to Portland..
The school is so close to Cornelius Pass that being a local, I'd take that road, but then "if" someone was trying to not be noticed to maybe go on a lesser traveled road...

hmmm
Were the SAR teams searching along the shoreline at Sauvies Island (like someone had pushed a Kyron off of a bridge) or were they searching through fields?

I have been sucked in to this case like a freaking magnet and I can't seem to shake myself from it.

I do not want to be banned - so I am going to try to be very careful in my posts. Right after this hit the news I was reading all the articles and all of the posts people wrote on every article - especially in the Oregonian. Did anyone else happen to read the article in the very beginning - that mentioned that when questioned as to why the teacher didn't sound the alarm, the teacher said that in a noisy gym, TH told her that Kyron had an appt. When TH was asked about this, TH said she was referring to an appt the following week.

I've also seen reports of a classmate saying that Kyron was present in the classroom and that a substitute saw him - and then a report that refuted that by saying there were no substitutes at the school that day.

The one piece of this whole scenario that makes me so uncomfortable is the picture taken that morning.

Would the camera on the bus be able to catch the autos behind it while it's driving?

Is this gang involved in human tracking?
Would they track down Kyron as a vendetta and sold him- hence the secrecy because it deals with TY's undercover work? It would explain all the tight-lipped PC's. I really hope this is not the case.

This, to me, is the best explanation I've heard. Gosh. I hope it's not true, but the Surenos are very frightening and would stop at nothing, not even a child, to get even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3