OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is local station KGW using a headline that identifies this case as an ABDUCTION????? Did I miss some new development???

http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

As of 20:00PST the headline reads: "Sheriff wants road photos, video from day before abduction"
It is important to listen and see if LE uses the term abduction or if it is the journalist. There is often a lot of sensational journalism associated with these high profile cases.
In my experience, for important information I need a quote from LE specifically before I buy it. Even reporting that "LE told someone" or "LE says" is not adequate, it needs to be a direct quote.

Amber Dubois was classified as a "missing/endangered" kid up until the day her remains were found. LE consistently stated they had no evidence she was kidnapped--that was the truth, they didn't.

This is the same as Kayleah. :(

http://www.mcso.us/PAID/Default.aspx

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office
Public Access to Inmate Data

I just wanted to check through the bookings in the last 7 days to see what most of the arrests were for,if they were concentrating on anything in particular.They want names put in box,but I just clicked on bottom box and "bookings in the last 7 days".

Were the SAR teams searching along the shoreline at Sauvies Island (like someone had pushed a body off of a bridge) or were they searching through fields?

We have a friend who lives on Sauvie Island, but I'm not sure if I can post his personal experience w/searchers?

*I'm thinking I can't so unless a mod says I can I'm not gonna, don't want a time out=)

I sent kgw.com an e-mail about why their headline says "abduction." Will see if they respond...

Just had a thought which leads to a question, in the family video am I correct that the step-dad spoke before the dad?

Yes, step dad spoke first, as if he were talking directly to Kyron.

This statement highly suggests that they know Kyron is deceased. They need a body before they can make any less vague statements or an arrest.

When asked if searchers were any closer to finding Kyron more than a week after he disappeared, Olsen emphatically said yes.

"Absolutely," she said. "Because we know where he's not."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_begins_nin.html

If a child is alive and walking around, the area SAR had previously searched may be where he is traveling towards. You never know that an area is "clear" unless you are looking for a body that isn't walking.

has it actually been established anywhere that the stepdad was involved in that gang-related case?

Once I heard LE is asking for video from June 3 and 4, that just made me feel the main theory I have had since the beginning could apply, though that doesn't make me feel good at all.

I stated previously my hunch was that the perp meticulously planned this out to the very last detail and hoped they'd get away with it. I stated previously I had a hunch that the perp chose and prepared the second location (the school would be location #1). On June 3, the perp may have done a dry run to time the drive and finalize any last minute details at the second location. I'm not able to say any more, nor do I want to.

If you disagree with this, it is because you have a different theory. That is ok. I'm just saying it works out for my theory.

Now I am hoping so very much someone somewhere has video that will help find Kyron. Praying for Kyron's return.

I came up with even more than that...scary when you think about it really. At public schools there are always tons of maintenance trucks that travel through the whole district doing odds and ends. They drive in, do whatever, and leave with absolutely no contact with most anyone in the building, unless the on site janitor happens to wander out to talk with them. They might be repairing playground equipment, planting trees, fixing the running track, checking the roof drains....any kind of thing and a work force that changes personnel frequently. And yes, in the four different school districts that I worked in, plus the one that I attended myself growing up.....the maintenance crews trucks were always white. They usually were just marked with a school district number or even just a truck number in small black lettering.

jmoo
Someone posted something a little bit back about a cleaning out of a storage area like in the school.Work they had done in the school.I thought I saved it.does anyone remember that or when it was done?

I have been sucked in to this case like a freaking magnet and I can't seem to shake myself from it.

I do not want to be banned - so I am going to try to be very careful in my posts. Right after this hit the news I was reading all the articles and all of the posts people wrote on every article - especially in the Oregonian. Did anyone else happen to read the article in the very beginning - that mentioned that when questioned as to why the teacher didn't sound the alarm, the teacher said that in a noisy gym, TH told her that Kyron had an appt. When TH was asked about this, TH said she was referring to an appt the following week.

I've also seen reports of a classmate saying that Kyron was present in the classroom and that a substitute saw him - and then a report that refuted that by saying there were no substitutes at the school that day.

The one piece of this whole scenario that makes me so uncomfortable is the picture taken that morning.

The whole morning timeline bothers me also. How big of a classroom that they didn't notice if he was in class or not. I hoped they asked the child that sits right next to him.
If the classroom has more than 25 children, and cannot account for all of them they need to hire more assistants and teachers.
Without a strong morning time-line it makes it extremely difficult to figure out what happened to him. I hope LE has the answers.
I hope they invest in security cameras and security guards after this.

Yes, step dad spoke first, as if he were talking directly to Kyron.

Thanks, just went back and watched the family video several times. Step-dad spoke first and spoke directly to Kyron, then dad spoke and didn't speak to Kyron but thanked those looking and said they just wanted Kyron home. Kyron lived with dad and step-mom, correct?

As far as LE not calling Kyron's case an abduction...if they don't know what it is, they can't really call it that. I don't think they ever said that an abduction was ruled out.

I know LE does this a lot, but they can't really start calling cases abductions from the start when they just don't know. It is easy to say later on that they should have, but if they had no evidence of it-and that is usually how they phrase it-it is hard to be too judgemental, IMO.

IF and I say IF, they suspect a person in the immediate family, that would not be considered an abduction in their eyes and would also qualify as an isolated incident. JMO

We have a friend who lives on Sauvie Island, but I'm not sure if I can post his personal experience w/searchers?

*I'm thinking I can't so unless a mod says I can I'm not gonna, don't want a time out=)
2 reasons we frown on that:
1. We have no idea if the information is accurate(no offense to you LOL)
2. It may hinder the investigation by revealing things that should not be posted. LE will actually ask us to remove information if we put something up that should not be made public.

Thanks, just went back and watched the family video several times. Step-dad spoke first and spoke directly to Kyron, then dad spoke and didn't speak to Kyron but thanked those looking and said they just wanted Kyron home. Kyron lived with dad and step-mom, correct?

Yes, Kyron lived with dad and step mom, and dad did NOT speak directly to Kyron.

I have been sucked in to this case like a freaking magnet and I can't seem to shake myself from it.

I do not want to be banned - so I am going to try to be very careful in my posts. Right after this hit the news I was reading all the articles and all of the posts people wrote on every article - especially in the Oregonian. Did anyone else happen to read the article in the very beginning - that mentioned that when questioned as to why the teacher didn't sound the alarm, the teacher said that in a noisy gym, TH told her that Kyron had an appt. When TH was asked about this, TH said she was referring to an appt the following week.

I've also seen reports of a classmate saying that Kyron was present in the classroom and that a substitute saw him - and then a report that refuted that by saying there were no substitutes at the school that day.

The one piece of this whole scenario that makes me so uncomfortable is the picture taken that morning.

Yes, it was seen and discussed, it is a rumor, the comment was removed from the article very quickly afterward. We are supposed to leave it out of the discussion here, because it is known to be a rumor only.
It wasn't part of the article, just an anonymous comment, and the SM didn't ever say anything about it because they were no longer speaking to media by then.

jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member