OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is some info from my previous post, for what it is worth:

Trying to focus on this Sauvie Island. I am thinking the quickest way to get from the school to Sauvie Island, would be NW Skyline Blvd to NW Newberry Road, to NW St. Helens road (route 30) where you would cross the bridge to Sauvie Island? I'm not from around there, so just guessing.

Here is a link to pufnstuf's most amazing map:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...0795a&t=h&z=10

The bridge on the below map is my guess.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...627964,-122.816849&spn=0.030071,0.054846&z=14

Thank you. What a sad photo. It is also very sad that Kyron was dressed all in black ~ black shirt, black pants, even black shoes. And the one article of clothing that perhaps could have made him be spotted so much easier~ his jacket ~ was presumably left in the classroom. :(

kryon-horman-clothes-470.jpg

Just one hour earlier, police revealed a replica of the clothing Kyron Horman was wearing when he disappeared. Police hoped that this new information would help create more leads to assist them in their effort to locate the missing boy.​

Police said Horman was wearing a black CSI T-shirt, dark cargo-style pants, Hanes athletic socks and well-worn Skechers sneakers.​

has it actually been established anywhere that the stepdad was involved in that gang-related case?
Welcome to WS, squeaky! Someone posted earlier that Kyron's stepdad was a K9 officer.

Kyron Horman search may have suffered from confluence of delays

On the morning Kyron Horman was last seen, he was Skyline School's resident expert on red-eyed tree frogs at the school science fair. Then the second-grader vanished and was gone nearly seven hours before anyone noticed.

Kyron's stepmother met the school bus about 3:30 p.m. but the bespectacled 7-year-old wasn't aboard. She called Skyline and the school secretary called 9-1-1. During the next 4 1/2 hours, authorities mobilized a full-scale search effort involving federal agents who specialize in child abduction cases.

But by then it was almost nightfall. Time had long become the enemy.

"This investigation really got going eight to 12 hours after it should have," said Clint Van Zandt, a former FBI profiler and Virginia-based security consultant. "Whatever happened to this little boy, by the time authorities really geared up, they were 12 hours behind the power curve.

(more)http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_may_have_s.html

Thank you. What a sad photo. It is also very sad that Kyron was dressed all in black ~ black shirt, black pants, even black shoes. And the one article of clothing that perhaps could have made him be spotted so much easier~ his jacket ~ was presumably left in the classroom. :(
Wow. He is all dressed in black and wouldn't be spotted so easily. I wonder if he chose that outfit himself.........

http://www.mcso.us/PAID/Default.aspx

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office
Public Access to Inmate Data

I just wanted to check through the bookings in the last 7 days to see what most of the arrests were for,if they were concentrating on anything in particular.They want names put in box,but I just clicked on bottom box and "bookings in the last 7 days".

Thank You !!

Someone posted something a little bit back about a cleaning out of a storage area like in the school.Work they had done in the school.I thought I saved it.does anyone remember that or when it was done?

May 25, 2010?

That's the one =)
There is a wildlife area also that's there.. never been there, but you can see the sign from the highway
I am assuming that this is a very busy bridge and no couldn't push a child/throw a child without being seen by many people. Is this true???

I am assuming that this is a very busy bridge and no couldn't push a child/throw a child without being seen by many people. Is this true???

I don't know about weekday/night use, but in the summertime ppl always head out to Sauvies Island..
You can do a google street view from hwy 30 and see it =)

Yes, Kyron lived with dad and step mom, and dad did NOT speak directly to Kyron.

Step dad said "We miss you, we love you and we just need you home right now. Kyron we believe in you,,,,appreciate support, love and thoughts as we wait for you, ,,,,you mean everything to us,,,, Kyron please keep up the hope, we believe in you and until you come home this family is not complete"

OK, after watching family vid numerous times I'm off the fence.

I think that a gang tracking Kyron from Medford to his school in Portland is kind of far-fetched...and the gang member would probably stand out in this environment, not too mention getting Kyron to go willingly with him...JMO

whew.....just caught up again....this bloomin time difference!!

But then sometimes when you are all asleep I can google and get latest news that you havent seen!!! (even then I am sure there must be insomniacs amongst you cos I still get pipped to the post)

I have noticed there has been a bit of confrontation about people feeling family are involved and saying this out aloud (writing I should say)...

I have been guilty of this BUT I am not accusing anyone, merely sharing ideas that come to me of what MIGHT have happened...

To me EVERYONE is a suspect until thoroughly cleared by the police.....

and when I say everyone I mean

both sets of parents
the stepbrother
the grandparents
older kids
stranger at science fair
the janitor
the yard man
the "scary man" walking around
the lady in the white truck.....

The rules of this site is that we are only to stick with who the police have as POI's .....
In this case the police have said that it is a "unique situation" and that no one should worry about their children, also that "everyone is of interest to us" and that they havent ruled anyone out....

I personally think there is a lot of clever people on here that are listening exactly to what the police are saying and analysing the situation from this......and I think there have been some excellent suggestions as to what may have happened......BUT everyone has to be very careful as to what they suggest!

In that case as the police arent telling us the full story and dont know much else I truly think until something breaks this there is nothing really left to sleuth.....

I do hope there is more info put out there and this little boy is found really soon as it has been a long time....

Kyron Horman search may have suffered from confluence of delays

On the morning Kyron Horman was last seen, he was Skyline School's resident expert on red-eyed tree frogs at the school science fair. Then the second-grader vanished and was gone nearly seven hours before anyone noticed.

Kyron's stepmother met the school bus about 3:30 p.m. but the bespectacled 7-year-old wasn't aboard. She called Skyline and the school secretary called 9-1-1. During the next 4 1/2 hours, authorities mobilized a full-scale search effort involving federal agents who specialize in child abduction cases.

But by then it was almost nightfall. Time had long become the enemy.

"This investigation really got going eight to 12 hours after it should have," said Clint Van Zandt, a former FBI profiler and Virginia-based security consultant. "Whatever happened to this little boy, by the time authorities really geared up, they were 12 hours behind the power curve.

(more)http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_may_have_s.html
His abductor must be very smart/calculating or he/she was disturbingly very "lucky" with time frame and darkness hindering the search.

I don't know about weekday/night use, but in the summertime ppl always head out to Sauvies Island..
You can do a google street view from hwy 30 and see it =)

We just looked at google street view and in one shot you can see the old bridge, the next one you can see the new bridge, and the next one you can see when it was under construction .. that was odd! =)

I think that a gang tracking Kyron from Medford to his school in Portland is kind of far-fetched...and the gang member would probably stand out in this environment, not too mention getting Kyron to go willingly with him...JMO

I have to agree, but I put out that theory anyways, but I am having doubts with it also. JMO.
It would have to be done by a pro that would blend in with the families there that day.
Does anyone know how often there's kidnappings with ransoms? I just haven't heard any recently.

Step dad said "We miss you, we love you and we just need you home right now. Kyron we believe in you,,,,appreciate support, love and thoughts as we wait for you, ,,,,you mean everything to us,,,, Kyron please keep up the hope, we believe in you and until you come home this family is not complete"

OK, after watching family vid numerous times I'm off the fence.[/QUOTE]

And,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members