OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about weekday/night use, but in the summertime ppl always head out to Sauvies Island..
You can do a google street view from hwy 30 and see it =)

Just trying to think like a nefarious person. IMO, looking at the map, if I needed to do a body dump and not be noticed, Suavie would be the place I'd go. Ok THAT was creepy to type.

The first and most innocent question at the presser today was "what is Kyron's favorite color?" Then "what does he want to be when he grows up?"

I haven't seen any pictures of Kyron in anything red.

The first and most innocent question at the presser today was "what is Kyron's favorite color?" Then "what does he want to be when he grows up?"

There are a number of pictures, some at the zoo I believe, in a bright red winter coat.

jmoo

No more, that reminds me step grandma says he's scared of LE. But the presser answer was he wants to be a cop.

But he loves red squirrels and red eyed tree frogs...how bizarre that that's the only thing I think I can add at this point, lol.

his jacket... and red eyed tree frogs ;)

Thinking back to the statements made by the family....Step Dad states that he is making a statement for "the family" and speaks directly to Kyron. Dad doesn't speak directly to Kyron but thanks everyone for their help etc. The reason the Step Dad spoke to him and not his Dad could be as simple as he was the only one who could make it through that statement without breaking down. I could take it one step further and add that possibly LE advised them it would be to their benefit and Kyron's if the did not break down on camera. Afterall IIRC they did advise them to maintain some type of normalcy (or something to that effect).

I've been thinking about it, and I think LE knows what is going on. This couldn't be some random person that threatened the community still because going silent about that would too dangerous. They can't risk some random person stealing another child. I'm thinking that's why they said it was an isolated incident - not a random kidnapping or snatching, but something that's once a lifetime and probably wouldn't happen again for some reason.

It makes me think this is some kind of specific kidnapping for ransom, or they already know who the POI is and it's someone that for some reason, they think won't go and snatch another kid. I would also think they wouldn't keep things this quiet if they had no clue because again, not telling the community that there's this dangerous person still out there puts them at risk. If they keep this close and another kid were to go missing, that would be horrible. But they're convinced that isn't going to happen, so saying nothing makes perfect sense.

But do we know that they haven't told the community something and just not told the press? Probably not because someone wouldn't be able to keep their mouth shut, and the perp might move on if they suspect the community has been warned.

I also don't think it's a wandering off because they seem to have a specific idea of what areas to search and what areas not to search. It's like they not only know the POI who did this what specific path they took. It's like they're trying to catch up with this POI and stop them. Reminds me of those movies with the diabolical kidnapper that keeps giving cryptic clues and very specific directions that if not followed to a T, someone will get hurt or a bus might be blown up, etc.

So they know it's an isolated incident with a very specific path, so specific that they're sure of where he's not. The know the family is not involved, and they know that no one else is in danger from this POI. Makes me think it is a specific threat of revenge against one of the parents, possibly the dad. Maybe one of the "rules" to getting Kyron back was having to do normal things like go to the gym. Maybe this POI is so diabolical that they are torturing the parents before letting them have their child back in one way or another. Or it's organized crime and LE knows that they have to proceed a certain way or never find Kyron or know what happened to him. I know, so like a movie, but I can't help but go there with so little information to go on.

I'm thinking once he's found, dead or alive, we'll finally understand clearly the reason for the silence, and I bet we'll be so glad and relieved that LE knew exactly what they were doing by not releasing many details to the media. At least I really hope so, all IMO, of course.

No more, that reminds me step grandma says he's scared of LE. But the presser answer was he wants to be a cop.

Great point! You know that statement of Kyron being scared of LE sounded so off the wall when I heard it. :confused:

I have been sucked in to this case like a freaking magnet and I can't seem to shake myself from it.

I do not want to be banned - so I am going to try to be very careful in my posts. Right after this hit the news I was reading all the articles and all of the posts people wrote on every article - especially in the Oregonian. Did anyone else happen to read the article in the very beginning - that mentioned that when questioned as to why the teacher didn't sound the alarm, the teacher said that in a noisy gym, TH told her that Kyron had an appt. When TH was asked about this, TH said she was referring to an appt the following week.

I've also seen reports of a classmate saying that Kyron was present in the classroom and that a substitute saw him - and then a report that refuted that by saying there were no substitutes at the school that day.

The one piece of this whole scenario that makes me so uncomfortable is the picture taken that morning.

Hi JulieAnne,
I take it that you mean the science project photo ? Can you tell me what specifically it is that makes you uncomfortable ? TIA

I am assuming that this is a very busy bridge and no couldn't push a child/throw a child without being seen by many people. Is this true???

It's been many years since I've been on that bridge but I don't remember it being very busy.

Thinking back to the statements made by the family....Step Dad states that he is making a statement for "the family" and speaks directly to Kyron. Dad doesn't speak directly to Kyron but thanks everyone for their help etc. The reason the Step Dad spoke to him and not his Dad could be as simple as he was the only one who could make it through that statement without breaking down. I could take it one step further and add that possibly LE advised them it would be to their benefit and Kyron's if the did not break down on camera. Afterall IIRC they did advise them to maintain some type of normalcy (or something to that effect).

That's actually what I thought, too, about SD speaking. I still don't know why they had him address Kyron. Do they really believe he's watching? It almost seemed like he was suggesting that Kyron, himself, might have some control over the situation..."we believe in you...we are not a family without you." I can't see it as a ploy to humanize him to a captor but I have no idea what to make of it. Perhaps it was the "safest" thing they could say. I'm at a loss.

I want to believe this was someone waiting for an opportunity so much,but I keep wondering why in the world kids would be sent back Monday.If it could be an employee of the school or a parent and they don't know who,then it's not an isolated incident.The kids are still in danger.This part just doesn't make any sense.

I've been thinking about it, and I think LE knows what is going on. This couldn't be some random person that threatened the community still because going silent about that would too dangerous. They can't risk some random person stealing another child. I'm thinking that's why they said it was an isolated incident - not a random kidnapping or snatching, but something that's once a lifetime and probably wouldn't happen again for some reason.

It makes me think this is some kind of specific kidnapping for ransom, or they already know who the POI is and it's someone that for some reason, they think won't go and snatch another kid. I would also think they wouldn't keep things this quiet if they had no clue because again, not telling the community that there's this dangerous person still out there puts them at risk. If they keep this close and another kid were to go missing, that would be horrible. But they're convinced that isn't going to happen, so saying nothing makes perfect sense.

But do we know that they haven't told the community something and just not told the press? Probably not because someone wouldn't be able to keep their mouth shut, and the perp might move on if they suspect the community has been warned.

I also don't think it's a wandering off because they seem to have a specific idea of what areas to search and what areas not to search. It's like they not only know the POI who did this what specific path they took. It's like they're trying to catch up with this POI and stop them. Reminds me of those movies with the diabolical kidnapper that keeps giving cryptic clues and very specific directions that if not followed to a T, someone will get hurt or a bus might be blown up, etc.

So they know it's an isolated incident with a very specific path, so specific that they're sure of where he's not. The know the family is not involved, and they know that no one else is in danger from this POI. Makes me think it is a specific threat of revenge against one of the parents, possibly the dad. Maybe one of the "rules" to getting Kyron back was having to do normal things like go to the gym. Maybe this POI is so diabolical that they are

I'm thinking once he's found, dead or alive, we'll finally understand clearly the reason for the silence, and I bet we'll be so glad and relieved that LE knew exactly what they were doing by not releasing many details to the media. At least I really hope so, all IMO, of course.

If he is found dead...I don't think anyone will be giving credit to LE for the way they handled it, if they had info and held it back...JMO

Just trying to think like a nefarious person. IMO, looking at the map, if I needed to do a body dump and not be noticed, Suavie would be the place I'd go. Ok THAT was creepy to type.

I know no one wants to think along these lines. I was curious. Are you basing your statement on just looking at a map, or are you familiar with the area and are basing your statement on that? Thanks!

:twocents:This should not be happening nowadays. Not with what we know. Why do we continue to not protect our children? The school was irresponsible for not checking on why Kyron was not in school.
Schools need a buddy system that when a child is not in class a phone call is made, no exception!

Praying and hoping that sweet Kyron is found soon. My heart just breaks to hear another one of these stories...so sad and preventable.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=X&ei=glcUTPHCJcOC8gaPrNX8CQ&ved=0CCEQ9QEwAQYou are missed Kyron...come home, please!

Hi JulieAnne,
I take it that you mean the science project photo ? Can you tell me what specifically it is that makes you uncomfortable ? TIA

This was addressed to JulieAnne but if it's ok, I'd like to put in my thoughts that the picture makes me uncomfortable too, and it's simply because there is one. I have no idea what JulieAnne's thoughts are.

I just think this case is going to be ugly.....

I really hope someone in the family has him and he is ok....be it a grandparent because they thought he was being left out etc or step bros because he wanted to get back at his mum and stepdad........(thoughts).......

the other possibilites, and remember we know nothing, so the other possibilites are endless.......

After reading this last article in oregonlive.com if he did just wander off (and I really dont think in this day and age with stranger danger etc, that kids would just wander out of school.......all I think of is he wandered out to hide from the talent show).........and got lost in the "rough terrain" then one thing is certain there is going to a lot of kicked butts and one hell of a law suit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme