Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
The profile may show how the perp would act if a tale was told about him/her, however concentrating on those heavy woods and brush has been expended to areas much farther away. So, what does that tell us? lol

Maybe they're following the route of a cell phone's pings.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a public vigil yet. (Unless I missed it.) Maybe because it's rainy Oregon, or because it's a rural area? Seems like usually in these cases, the locals and general public want a formal way to show support and focus on the missing person.

Yeah, that's an easy place because imagine from the I-5 bridge into WA, or Astoria bridge! NOT GOOD CHOICES! lol My guess, it was the closest spot to a river. We are chock full of water out here, could be ocean too!!

I heard that too on other cases on WS, the women/water/womb thing. I have always thought water out here would be a good place to dump a body. (Yeah, I sound sick now.... lol) IN FACT! At the Portland International Raceway, there's this lil pond that NO ONE goes to, and I was there last year and said, "This would be a good place to dump a body." I was a member of WS at the time so I didn't think it was a weird thing to say, but others were taken aback, let's say. Sometimes when you sleuth too much it goes into daily lives, and it clouds your empathy a lil maybe (you know what I mean, logical thinking) and makes you say weird comments. I hope nobody ever has to have computer forensics on my puter... lol Damn WS and their sleuthin' ways...

bbm Lol, I have to laugh because I made a similar comment to my husband and he gave me the strangest look. I will never forget it. Truly made me think about how I sound and how strange my thinking might be in comparison to someone who doesn't live a life of 'true crime' albeit someone else's crimes.

How many of you teachers out there have seen this one? I first saw it about 6 years ago - the school I was in was having a hard time getting the kids to keep their shirts tucked in. I don't know of any school districts down here that are showing it. To me it should be mandatory in every school!!!! Scary stuff.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDF2SxyZueM[/ame]

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a public vigil yet. (Unless I missed it.) Maybe because it's rainy Oregon, or because it's a rural area? Seems like usually in these cases, the locals and general public want a formal way to show support and focus on the missing person.

I agree, especially weird that all the press meetings are at a church

Right back at ya scandi - :blowkiss:
What a great memory about the strawberries, it's hysterical - :floorlaugh:

Now, back to serious stuff! Guess I'm wondering where the FBI/profilers came up with the idea Kyron was a wanderer or was so upset he would leave - he seems quite the opposite to me.

Are you suggesting a profile of this perp shows he/she needs a tidy place to commit his crime, like a safe and secure environment close by? Also, doesn't it seem like they are following cell phone pings to Sauvie Island - looking at railroad tracks for clues seems beyond ordinary to me (not at all safe and secure). Very confusing! moo

Not a tidy place. I said secret because it is in an area he probably knows like the back of his hand so is within his comfort zone.

I'm truly puzzled Eyes. It is the kind of crime a woman would commit, and it has been suggested. I guess I have a hard time seeing a woman taking him out into the rural terrain - a man would do that I think. A woman would most likely take him to her house and keep him alive to enjoy him and feel a closeness she needs.

I don't get the feeling they are looking for a woman for this. Wish the FBI would share their profile but it would put too much info out there and the perp might bolt.

I'm going now to look up Sauvies Island to see what I can learn about RR tracks, access by road, etc. Be back

If they can hold a parade they could hold a vigil.

Im very confused about this case. They are asking for video of certain roads the day of and the day before Kyron went missing. Are they still not saying there is no indication this is an abduction??? Last I heard they were calling it an endangered child/minor. Im sick with worry for this child. Any change in their wording on the case?

Blessings and Prayers for the little guy. My heart is breaking over Kyron. I just couldn't go by this thread again without putting down a note for everyone to please say a prayer for him.

Amen.

Let us find Kyron.

God Bless You Kyron.

Gozgals

I learned there is only one point of access to the island by road, the Sauvies Island Bridge. A new bridge was built in 2007 adjacent to the old bridge which was then demolished:

http://sauvieisland.org/visitor-information/island-general-facts/

Sauvie_Island_farm_MathewDodson.jpg

26,000 acres of farmland and wildlife refuge area.

ETA: I can't find any evidence of a RR on Sauvie Island. I think the RR runs along Hwy 30 adjacent to the river. Need a closer local to find out. lol

Im very confused about this case. They are asking for video of certain roads the day of and the day before Kyron went missing. Are they still not saying there is no indication this is an abduction??? Last I heard they were calling it an endangered child/minor. Im sick with worry for this child. Any change in their wording on the case?

There's a number of things different here,we're not sure about alot of things.A news article said abduction earlier tonight,but they changed it.

"Mexican DTOs based in the Oregon HIDTA region control most drug distribution at the wholesale level in Roseburg, Medford, and Pendleton. Mexican criminal groups distribute ice methamphetamine, marijuana, powder cocaine, and heroin at the retail level from a variety of public areas"
(High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area)

If (like Cole) Kyron was targeted, as payback to SF or a "warning" to other cops, many puzzle pieces would fit.

Certainty of isolated event.
Seeking video of specific vehicles coming in to area Thursday, leaving Friday
Seeking witnesses re: SM drive to school (was she followed?)
Reason to believe he is alive
Extreme discretion in what is revealed.
Low profile for family.
Early FBI involvement

It makes some sense that (similar to when dealing with terrorists) it may be wise NOT to give them the publicity (glory) they seek. If their goal is to intimidate, LE minimizes that power by giving them no public attention. Every child of every drug-fighting detective would be at risk if this tactic (terror and intimidation) was viewed as "successful."

Hey guys.
I have had a busy day and really do not want to go back and read 14 pages of this thread and 10 pages of the last one to catch up. I see our boy has still not been found, but could anyone give me a quick update on any thing important I may have missed today... TIA

Hey guys.
I have had a busy day and really do not want to go back and read 14 pages of this thread and 10 pages of the last one to catch up. I see our boy has still not been found, but could anyone give me a quick update on any thing important I may have missed today... TIA

'no comment'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member