OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Tanner, Kyron's desk mate, said it was the teacher, Mrs Porter who left, not the sub. xox

I don't think so, but the quote is not exactly clear.

""And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala."

I am inclined to believe the "she" he refers to twice in the last part is the "sub" whose name he did not know. He refers to the teacher by her name. I think it was the sub who said "alright I'm going to leave" and then left.

Also, since the school has said there were no subs that day, I don't see how Mrs. Porter could have left.

Anyone see it differently?

That sounds scary when you put all that together!

But speaking of background checks...is it common or not for school volunteers these days?

At my kids' schools, all volunteers must go through a LE check EVERY year. All employees are screened before hiring.

I find it hard to believe that all the volunteers get a LE background check. Who pays for that? We have to buy our own copy paper sometimes, and I'm in a huge district.

Was this meant for me? I am fully aware of what goes on in inner city schools. I didn't think I needed to share things that happen in my building that wouldn't pertain to this situation in Kyron's middle class school. I compare Kyron's school to the private, but not hoity-toity, school my own children attend, where it's like you are in your own little safe world. The world you and I see every day is hard for others to understand, since they are so far removed from anything like that. BTW, I have a stripper's child, also. I sure wish he could get to bed on time. And I am really leery of touching the dollar bills he brings every day to pay for lunch.

Yes, I was being flip. I do not work in inner city schools. My town is 85,000 with about 8,000 students. We are about as white as you can get.

I think most of the public has no clue what schools are like. I cannot even imagine an inner city school.

My hubby was in a convention in St. Louis, MO. He is not a teacher.

He met a guy at the convention whose wife was a teacher. Her leg had been broken by a student. Her tires were routinely slashed.

But he said that she wouldn't give up on those kids.

My own children went to the middle-upper class schools.

Those problems are different with the kids into drugs and alcohol a lot earlier because they have the money to obtain them. Parents with multiple affairs.

I'm too fried to think of all of the other crazy things that come with the upper class parents.

And the schools don't want to confront those parents on anything because their families have the means to hire a lawyer.

A top athlete (female) was just at a school function. She was so drunk that she was taken to the hospital. Very drunk.

Her punishment because she is a top athlete? 2 weeks not playing the sport. And last year she was busted for shoplifting while away with the team for a game.

I just don't understand NOT wanting to clear your name, if your child goes missing....

Then, once do clear your name, you get the LE to go public and state that you are free and clear .... why let the public assume you are guilty? THAT takes the focus off the missing child , IMO.

IMO: There will be an arrest in this case, and it will NOT be anyone that works at the school...

I find it hard to believe that all the volunteers get a LE background check. Who pays for that? We have to buy our own copy paper sometimes, and I'm in a huge district.

In Portland, volunteers have to pay for the background checks every year at the beginning of the year. I don't remember how much it costs, but I am thinking about $20.

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and live in Portland, about 10 miles south of Skyline School. I have been watching this case intently. This forum is a nice change from reading the comments on the news sites. I have a couple of observations and questions.

I noticed LE officers on either side of the two families at todays PC, and they were not there at the previous PC attended by the parents. Is this standard protocol for a case that has escalated to a criminal investigation, or might this indicate increased surveillance of the parents?

The discussion about scavenger wildlife in that area got me thinking about the unusual cougar sighting on Sauvie Island, as indicated on the Google Map. There are plenty of birds of prey on the island, and crows and vultures as well. Is there anyone who can imagine a link with the cougar and scavengers?

Lastly, I am a parent and my children have gone to three different Portland public schools (not Skyline though). At all the schools, a criminal background check is required to volunteer. At least in the past 6 years that I have volunteered.

That sounds scary when you put all that together!

But speaking of background checks...is it common or not for school volunteers these days?

At my kids' schools, all volunteers must go through a LE check EVERY year. All employees are screened before hiring.

Honestly in this day and time I thing it would be a wise thing to so no matter whether is school is large or small, public or private.

Welcome PDXMom it is always nice to have some locals here!

I believe our Sheriff's office offers it as a free service, a background check doesn't take long. Just a matter of putting personal info into data base, just like when you buy a gun. Now whether every volunteer is checked is another story, but I know I filled out the form since I was at the school so much and I know it is SUPPOSED to be done. We have SRO's from the Sheriff's department at our schools so there is a liason there.

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and live in Portland, about 10 miles south of Skyline School. I have been watching this case intently. This forum is a nice change from reading the comments on the news sites. I have a couple of observations and questions.

I noticed LE officers on either side of the two families at todays PC, and they were not there at the previous PC attended by the parents. Is this standard protocol for a case that has escalated to a criminal investigation, or might this indicate increased surveillance of the parents?

The discussion about scavenger wildlife in that area got me thinking about the unusual cougar sighting on Sauvie Island, as indicated on the Google Map. There are plenty of birds of prey on the island, and crows and vultures as well. Is there anyone who can imagine a link with the cougar and scavengers?

Lastly, I am a parent and my children have gone to three different Portland public schools (not Skyline though). At all the schools, a criminal background check is required to volunteer. At least in the past 6 years that I have volunteered.

Thank you for joining Websleuths! And for clearing up the volunteer question right off the bat! :wink:

:blowkiss:

I really don't think anything definite has come to light but reality has set in for LE.

They have looked everywhere humanly possible for Kryon for 10 days. They know from their medical experts that a child his age and weight cannot survive beyond that in this terrain and weather conditions.

So in the last couple of days they have probably been expecting to find Kyron deceased. When he was not find anwhere after 10 days alive or deceased anywhere between his school and home they had to go with phase two and consider his disappearance as being of a criminal nature.

I think this investigation is going to take a long time and unless they get lucky break one day what happened to Kyron may never be known.

If LE had learned something today they would have loved to tell the public they have a suspect instead of having to tell the media that they have scaled back the searches for Kyron.

They may have some promising leads but imo they have no suspect and I doubt they even know his/her name or their whereabouts at this time.

IMO

United States Statistics - Missing Children Statistics

- A child goes missing every 40 seconds in the U.S. - over 2,100 per day

- 800,000 children go missing each year

- 50% are 4 to 11 years old

This just makes me sick.

I read a few days ago that only 1/10th of 1% are stranger abductions.

Where can I find photos of him for my FaceBook page ?

tia & imoo

Hi, Tanner, Kyron's desk mate, said it was the teacher, Mrs Porter who left, not the sub. xox

Other way, I think. The "sub" left after being successfully reassured by the teacher. The "sub" was there to take the kids through the exhibits and she was done:
"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/loca...te-noticed-Horman/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

Hello,

http: //sauvieisland.org/files/2010/03/051510.pdf Scroll down. It happened on May 15th but is interesting. On Reeder Rd where I believe that SO lives {or used to live}.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420