OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms Suzanne : They said the step mom? Dad? called the school when Kyron did not come home on the bus.Was his father with the step mom at the bus stop or at thier house?

According to the scanner thread from that day, both parents went to the school around 4:18, and were told that one of them needed to go back to the house to wait in case Kyron showed. However, dad didn't have to be home all day-Friday is a day that many leave early. Do I need to find the scanner info?
Where did his dad work?Where is that on the map?

Or maybe it was just to make them feel more comfortable, more people by their side.
I would say that whoever is innocent of the crime against Kyron would feel comforted by LE hovering around and that whoever is NOT innocent of the crime against Kyron, or has knowledge of it, would be feeling very UNCOMFORTABLE.

I realize that what I just wrote is a pretty obvious statement, but, at this point, I am unsure of exactly what we are allowed to speculate upon. LE is releasing new information. Not much, though significant.

So far LE has not refuted the report by ABC News, which states that Terri Horman, the step mother, has been identified as the LAST person to see Kyron. (I linked to this news story further up in this thread).

This is a huge admission by LE, in my opinion. Also, having LE state that they are of the belief that he did not wander off by himself, the investigation seems like they are ready to leak out a possible direction they are headed in with this investigation. (Linked in my earlier post).

These are my opinions.

I would say that whoever is innocent of the crime against Kyron would feel comforted by LE hovering around and that whoever is NOT innocent of the crime against Kyron, or has knowledge of it, would be feeling very UNCOMFORTABLE.

I realize that what I just wrote is a pretty obvious statement, but, at this point, I am unsure of exactly what we are allowed to speculate upon. LE is releasing new information. Not much, though significant.

So far LE has not refuted the report by ABC News, which states that Terri Horman, the step mother, has been identified as the LAST person to see Kyron. (I linked to this news story further up in this thread).

This is a huge admission by LE, in my opinion. Also, having LE state that they are of the belief that he did not wander off by himself, the investigation seems like they are ready to leak out a possible direction they are headed in with this investigation. (Linked in my earlier post).

These are my opinions.

BBM. Actually, it's not an admission at all... :waitasec:

Plus, not clearing/not clearing anyone gives the impression that LE has no ideas. This would give a perp a false sense of security -- and hopefully become careless and "slip up" enough to become a POI. I hope it's not the case that LE really has no ideas -- I hope they simply have a hand they haven't shown the public yet.

I really don't see any of the family being involved in this. They all seem to love Kyron very much and be devastated by his loss.

I also don't get the feeling of some total stranger just picking Kyron at random.

Kyron appears to be a bright, intelligent child who would not wander off into the woods on such an interesting day at school.

For me, that just leaves abduction by someone known to Kyron and family. This would explain LE's refusal to give out information. The release of the details of Kyron's likes and the words sent to the boy (and therefore to the perp) by the family could have been set up by LE.

Of course, I could be reading this totally wrong too. :waitasec:

Quick catch up answers for you....and welcome to WS!

1. It was NOT a science fair. It was an IB Expo. It was announced on a public view sign in front of the school which included times and the day.
2. No, the sign in/check in was not used on this day or other such days at this school due to the large number of people coming in for the day

I'm sorry. What's an IB Expo?

All I can see on Google, are references to an annual European music/arts festival (similar to Lollapalooza or Bonnaroo). IB Expo on Facebook

Ms Suzanne : They said the step mom? Dad? called the school when Kyron did not come home on the bus.Was his father with the step mom at the bus stop or at thier house?

According to the scanner thread from that day, both parents went to the school around 4:18, and were told that one of them needed to go back to the house to wait in case Kyron showed. However, dad didn't have to be home all day-Friday is a day that many leave early. Do I need to find the scanner info?

Thank you for that info. What's interesting is that the timeline article published by Oregonlive.com had that info originally but now it's been removed for some reason. I guess it was at the behest of LE. I thought it said something about the dad too but I'm not sure.

1. It was NOT a science fair. It was an IB Expo. It was announced on a public view sign in front of the school which included times and the day.
2. No, the sign in/check in was not used on this day or other such days at this school due to the large number of people coming in for the day

It was referred to in the media as a science fair. I did see the pic of the sign in front of the school and could you please tell me what an IB Expo means? I looked it up but couldn't find anything that made any sense.

Thank you.Who was at the bus stop waiting for Kyron to get home?

I lied :innocent: it actually reads as follows (post 725 in Kyron scanner thread #2):

3:40 I got a call from the **** School someone forgot to take the bus

4:18 I'll take care of the school and searching area
4:18 Mom is at school right now
4:20 I have informed her that either her or the hubby need to go back home
so that we have someone to check in with. So they should be there shortly.

It didn't say dad was at school...

These are my opinions.

I agree- I would feel secure having LE protection around the clock.
I hope there is a break in the case with an alive Kyron very soon.
Not knowing what happened to their child must be agonizing.

IIRC Visitors did not have to sign in, and even employees did not have to wear name tags. Anyone could have walked in. How they expected to distinguish a RSO unrelated to anyone in the school and not permitted on school grounds, for example, from a student's extended family member, is beyond all my comprehension.

Hoping they will be changing their policy on this, likely they will.

^^ So true... he's not even MY child and I find it agonzing, myself!

Delete if this is not okay...

I want to say why I don't think SM had anything to do with his disappearance.

First she would of had to have a motive to kill this child. Even if it was an accident, when did it take place? Lets say just for the sake of argument that there was an accident, in the parking lot and she ran him over. Why not call 911, why not scream and try to save Kyron? If he was hit or killed in a manner to cause any type of trauma, where is the blood or hair evidence in the car or home? I see lots of pictures of a well fed, well clothed, happy kid and I believe she is the one taking some of the pics. I don't get a feel that she did anything to this child and covered it. She also has a 18 month old baby, so what do you do with the baby as you are doing all this cleaning covering up?

My gut tells me, a person he felt comfortable to go what he thought would be a short distance and then head back into school. JMO

I imagine that if there is a ransom situation, they would stay there. That, or if there was anything more they could glean from the family's interactions with others. Otherwise, the switch in the status to "criminal investigation" as the natural progression would indicate a longer term approach. Thus, LE would move out of the house. Just a guess though.
Since we are on the topic of why LE would stay at a missing child's home during the investigation, I resubmit the following articles because they are relevant to this topic. This is another reason, PDXMom, why LE may stay at their home. When a paternal figure has murdered their child, there is a 50% chance that parent will commit suicide. I don't remember which of these articles provided this fact, but it is in one of them if you want to read them. Since everyone is a POI at this time, the parents would be included as POI. (I am not pointing fingers, but providing facts.)

http://people.uncw.edu/bruce/hon 2...nfanticide.pdf

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...A2Sley5kMM04DA

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...rw-zU3qkrpF6sg

http://www.unh.edu/sociology/media/p...helton2009.pdf

http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/dalywilson.pdf

Just in general, what does everyone think of missing people cases where the victim was last seen on a Friday? That was true with Nancy Moyer in WA also. I'll bet there are many more similar cases.

Does that mean the weekend is an anchor in the timeline? Does it mean the perp works M-F? Or maybe because activities and behaviors on Fridays are more spontaneous (open?) compared to other weekdays? Any other ideas? Don't know if this is worth sleuthing for Kyron or not.

Thank you.Who was at the bus stop waiting for Kyron to get home?

The bus arrival time at home was 3:30. The Sm was there, but there is no confirmation of whether anyone else was with her at the time.

It's important to note that the guy who said he thinks it's not a stranger abduction is not LE working on this case. He's just a former police captain giving his opinion.
"Just a former Police Captain"? I don't mean to sound rude, but I am stunned. I would say that a former Police Captain has as much, if not more, insight and credibility as one who is still in that position.

Why would we not give credence to a Police Captain, retired or not? He has the experience and the know-how of those currently working the crime, along with more objectivity, only because he is not involved emotionally with the family.

Just my opinion

I'm still following. I've been quiet because we still don't really know anything. I see we rehash the same things over and over, I know it's only to help come up with something that hasn't been thought of the previous times. That's why I love WS, because everybody cares so much, they will go through 13 threads trying to find any kind of clue when we haven't really had anything confirmed at all!

I'm still thinking and sticking with my original opinion/theory that this was an abduction of sorts and that it's not involving immediate family members, however, possibly somebody that knew Kyron and that there may be minors involved. Sadly, I think now we are looking at a recovery. As much as I hate typing that.

The way LE has been handling this has been so bizarre. I have faith that they are doing everything they can and that hopefully they do know more and haven't just been taking stabs in the dark this whole time. I'm thinking they may have their eye on the perp already, just can't seem to come up with an firm opinion as to why they haven't said anything other than ransom... and ransom just doesn't seem likely.

I remember a pic back on the first threads of the sign, did it include the talent show as well?

Kyron Horman

Pic23.jpg

So cute!!! Have ya'll noticed that in all the pics we've seen posted of Kyron....in all (or I'll say, at least 99%) of them....he's got a genuine (not posed) big GRIN on his face? They always give me the feeling Kyron is a really happy, content, well-cared-for, well-loved little boy.

Now, with the possibility he is no longer alive...I am so thankful that even though his life would have been very very short, that it was a good life, a happy one....that he knew love and fun and security.

Overwhelmingly though, with all the children in these horrible cases here on WS whose lives are cut short so wrongly...it tears my guts out that they will not get to grow up, and experience all that life would have had for them.

I won't give up hope, or prayer, for Kyron till we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is gone, but I know that realistically it would be a miracle at this point if he is still with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3