OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at that video of the water,has anyone asked if that is a high school on the Island?

I don't know the mileage, but there is no path from the school down to Highway 30.. there are hills, ravines, trees, etc..
and Highway 30 is a 4 lane highway..
I posted a video back a thread or two ago I found on youtube that shows the drive from the store, down to highway 30.. watch that and you will get a good understanding of the terrain =)

I did watch the youtube one.....There was very little flat ground and nothing remotely straight about that road.

jmoo

I think so to - a witness, a tip, a known route, maybe they are interrogating someone we don't even know about. Something has happened that is specific - and it seems it happened perhaps, yesterday. moo

Or...........cell phone pings.

I left for awhile and didn't see if anyone answered my question about the guy who tried to snatch a child right after Kyron went missing? Was that in St. Helen's? I tried to find it and didn't have any success.

I guess it would be too far away,if it is a high school,to be any of Skyline Elementary student's siblings,right?Like any that could have dropped off any kids at his school that morning.

It says they continued to search RR tracks along hwy 30 to Suavie Island. Okay, looking at the Goggle Map instead of satellite, are those RR tracks that are along hwy 30 where they first were searching RR tracks days ago, when Jim Kelley said they were searching RR tracks and ravines by his house?

If so, then my guess is this search is based on a tip they received back then. (And or a cell ping.)

What I noticed is that when you get to -42 seconds (42 seconds from the end of the video), they pan out and show the school with a direct path (looks like a dirt path) to the water they are searching. That water is the Multnomah Channel (a tributary off the Willamette, btw) and is the "school side" of Sauvie Island.

That is exactly the portion I noticed as well, CC.
BUT, I think that isn't the school, it's the Native American Rehabilitation facility at the intersection of Cornelius Pass & Hwy 30. If you look on puf's map, you'll see there is a dirt road almost directly opposite that building, and you can see a shot of a van pulling out of that dirt road (which is marked with an orange search flag).

Where is that Sky 8 footage from? That doesn't look like Skyline area.

Or...........cell phone pings.

I left for awhile and didn't see if anyone answered my question about the guy who tried to snatch a child right after Kyron went missing? Was that in St. Helen's? I tried to find it and didn't have any success.

Well, if it is really that near from the search area to a nearby school on the island, that might have some interesting implications. Are they part of the same school district? I mean would Skyline be part of the same district as the Sauvie Island school?

That is exactly the portion I noticed as well, CC.
BUT, I think that isn't the school, it's the Native American Rehabilitation facility at the intersection of Cornelius Pass & Hwy 30. If you look on puf's map, you'll see there is a dirt road almost directly opposite that building, and you can see a shot of a van pulling out of that dirt road (which is marked with an orange search flag).

yes, that's the one.

thanks pdx.

what sort of a rehab facility?

I'm having two problems with time frames. :waitasec:

1. Left the school at 8:45 am? Well, actually, we only have SM's word on that. Imo, that does not make it fact. ....... Oh, ok, ....maybe she was mistaken about the time???

2. If the first morning bell rings at 8:35 am and the second/final morning bell rings at 8:45 am, as stated someplace in our million threads, why, if you arrive as early as 8:00 am to see the Science Fair, would you dally long enough to cause a child to be "barely on time/late" in getting to the classroom by waiting until 8:45 am, after most everyone is inside their classrooms and out of the hallway? So yeah, that 8:45 gets to me. ... especially since Kyron apparently never made it the extra distance down the hallway to his classroom as far as we know.

This is a very interesting observation. I am also curious about where they parked the morning of the science fair. The lot doesn't look that big so I imagine many cars parked far away or on the main road.

Did SM and KH park far away or were they in a space up close with others getting in and out of their cars?

If they parked far away and the dear child was instructed to go back to the car to wait/meet, this might greatly reduce the chances of someone seeing this boy get back into his own family's car and might explain why

1) no one saw the child and his step parent 'leave together'
2) no one saw either of them at the school after 8:45-9am

Coupling that with your observation seems even more interesting to me.

I have a purely speculative theory about this based solely on the fact that I have a son who just finished first grade so I have experience going into a classroom for activities and observing a teacher in the midst of crowd control while also hosting a class/school event.

An activity that starts at EXACTLY the same beginning time as the school day is ALWAYS going to mean chaos. I have noticed that given the preference, teachers will avoid this if possible, opting instead to put the activity either just before/after lunchtime or at the end of the day. A notable exception are some fieldtrips and occasional whole-school activities. My son does not attend a public school so fieldtrips require volunteer parent drivers and we almost always have about 1/2 hour between the tardy bell and when the teacher actually wants to leave.. enough time to for at least one of us driver parents to make a starbucks run. WHY? Because there are ALWAYS tardy kids, attendance to take, instructions to give, pre-emptive bathroom break to be held, etc... basically a whole bunch of elementary school ducks to herd.

So imagine this particular event, if I understand correctly, at least some of the kids (if not all of them) were showing up that morning with their projects. Some of them, you can be SURE, were walking in between the first and second bells, possibly with their harried parent rushing in behind them with part of the project in her hand and a peanut butter bagel in her purse. You can bet on it, there are at least one or two parents like that in every class, perpetually tardy, frequently disorganized, "scattered" is the polite word, I think. So those kids would need some time to get their exhibit set up but why should the other kids, including the extra-conscientious ones with the totally put together moms who showed up about the same time the janitor did.. and all the "normal" kids in between, have to wait around, being all hyped up on the excitement of seeing the cool projects? They would't have.. here's my made up theory..... the teacher would have divied them up into little groups with volunteer parent guides as they were ready to go... eliminating the horde of bouncing up and down 2nd graders and their parents milling around in her classroom while she dealt with the mayhem of the morning. And what would this have meant?

That either she would have had to be ultra-efficient and have been taking the official attendance as she went along.... or...

she put it off till the kids came back and took it at 10:00 when they regrouped or rather grouped for the first time... I suspect that the kids weren't all in one place at any point untill 10am. Also, if Kyron wasn't assigned to a group till before SM left, he might have been overlooked while waiting till the next group formed (or didn't understand the process) and decided to go on to see an exhibit on his own.. like there wasn't a "class" in his room to be part of, at least not that *he* could see.. go to them and take his place... at that moment he was separated from the herd and vulnerable.

So there you have it: my long winded theory on the IB expo groups and the attendance issue thing and how Kyron could have left safety without even realizing it.

Well, if it is really that near from the search area to a nearby school on the island, that might have some interesting implications. Are they part of the same school district? I mean would Skyline be part of the same district as the Sauvie Island school?

No, Sauvie Island is part of Scappoose School District; Skyline is part of Portland Public School District. That video is doesn't appear to be Sauvie Island elementary school.

Can someone give me a link for the picture taken of the stairway outside Kyrons classroom, the one with a janitor walking down the stairs?

TIA

yes, that's the one.

thanks pdx.

what sort of a rehab facility?

y/w Emma.. I wonder if half my posts get seen. :)
I don't want to post the link to the facility.. it's labeled on all the google maps, including puf's (linked in my sig).. I know exactly where that Sky8 video was shot.. I'm trying to figure out who lives in the floating home at the end of that dirt path...
Anyway, I'm sure LE has been in touch with anyone they need to at the facility, which is a good group, and I don't want them bashed here. I already posted a link to another nearby business and now wish I had not.

But, for the people asking about the Cistus Nursery webcam and when it was taken down; a long time ago. Altho, it seems nearly fruitless to answer Qs here sometimes. :)

No, Sauvie Island is part of Scappoose School District; Skyline is part of Portland Public School District. That video is doesn't appear to be Sauvie Island elementary school.

Nope, you're right, just looked at the map. It isn't Skyline either, though.

Can someone give me a link for the picture taken of the stairway outside Kyrons classroom, the one with a janitor walking down the stairs?

TIA

-b06de2496f144715_custom_665xauto.jpg

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1_3.html

This is a very interesting observation. I am also curious about where they parked the morning of the science fair. The lot doesn't look that big so I imagine many cars parked far away or on the main road.

Did SM and KH park far away or were they in a space up close with others getting in and out of their cars?

If they parked far away and the dear child was instructed to go back to the car to wait/meet, this might greatly reduce the chances of someone seeing this boy get back into his own family's car and might explain why

1) no one saw the child and his step parent 'leave together'
2) no one saw either of them at the school after 8:45-9am

Coupling that with your observation seems even more interesting to me.

Kyron was last seen around 9 am according to LE.
Gates said a source at the school saw him around 9 a.m. Friday, but declined to provide details.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/kyron-horman-school-crisis-mode-search-continues/story?id=10847733

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member