OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully shortened

1. Google child abduction motives nonfamily. There are only a few motives when the abductor is not a family member.

2. Read through the filicide articles that have been posted on WS. In these articles, they list the reasons why people murder their children.

I wasn't suggesting the parents in regard to #2!!! I was suggesting someone else!! An unknown perp.....the family isn't even in my theory list (in my head)

and that actually was a rhetorical question, meant to just open my thought and "make my argument", but thanks anyway. I'm sure that link will be useful to posters.

I am hung up on the "isolated incident" quote. Where I have been sure that Kyron may have been taken by a SO or other stranger abduction scenario, LE referred to this as an "isolated incident".

We're missing a big piece of the puzzle here. They know a "big something" that we do not. And until we have that missing piece it's going to be guessing games galore.

"....."The information we're keeping from the public and press has everything to do with integrity of investigation," said a search spokesperson...."

http://www.katu.com/news/95702034.html

I saw what I thought as the janitor doing his end of day clean up. Large garbage can in which to empty the smaller cans into. What looks like a basket with cleaning supplies on the desk. Chair on top of the desk. I think the garbage can is there becasue otherwise it would be right in front of the stairs...not a smart place for it.

Why someone took this photo I have no idea. If it was a picture of the art work then you would wait for the janitor to be out of the picture.

I just thought of something...what janitor dresses like that? Looks like street clothes...and an emo-ish type of look. That looks like a teenager, IMO. I could be totally wrong, but that doesn't look like a janitor to me. Wonder who he is. Maybe a parent, but why is he on the upper floor, then? Parent-teacher conference?

Thanks for bringing that up, TopTop!

This is a good article to read to kinda see where things were the day after Kyron disappeared. Some foreboding and sadly ironic lines in there, for sure.

Pufnstuf,
A very interesting line too : " The information we are keeping from the public and press has everything to do with integrity of investigation. " Wow.... so LE has known some vital info almost from the beginning ? Perhaps they were never fooled by someone's lies at all ? Looks like they are building their case to me....

All JMO

I saw what I thought as the janitor doing his end of day clean up. Large garbage can in which to empty the smaller cans into. What looks like a basket with cleaning supplies on the desk. Chair on top of the desk. I think the garbage can is there becasue otherwise it would be right in front of the stairs...not a smart place for it.

Why someone took this photo I have no idea. If it was a picture of the art work then you would wait for the janitor to be out of the picture.

I see it simply as a picture taken to show how close the stairs were in relation to his classroom.

Now searchers look through tall grass, from the air and on foot, for any sign of the little boy. The FBI has now joined the search, as has the National Guard. Using an infrared system, heat detection and a search pattern grid to not miss an inch, searchers have completely searched an area of about two miles surrounding the school.

It's not clear who was using that equipment. Could have just as easily been used by ground searchers. Thanks anyway.

Sorry to quote myself, but this video is a must-watch.

It's a two part video. A second piece will automatically start after the first. The whole video is very long.

Thanks. Very interesting.

Pufnstuf,
A very interesting line too : " The information we are keeping from the public and press has everything to do with integrity of investigation. " Wow.... so LE has known some vital info almost from the beginning ? Perhaps they were never fooled by someone's lies at all ? Looks like they are building their case to me....

All JMO

This sentence:

Kyron liked art and we're told the second grader is very good at it. Kyron wrote about splashing in a lake, with artwork to compliment his writing assignment.

=(

Funny how each of us focuses on something different in a photo. Each time I see that photo I see the desk, in a hallway. Do kids sit out there by themselves while the others are in class. Is it a "time out" area? If so, is there supervision of students out there when the teacher is teaching class?

I think the photog was going for a shot that got the stairs and as much in. I consider the "rule of threes" and am still not sure how they composed the shot other than to say the above and that my eye is drawn to the janitor and window. Btw, tables outside are often for conferences and working with individual kids. Note that one chair has balls and the other doesn't (w/o for teacher, though still small). I keep seeing the "lost and found" laundry basket with what appears to be a backpack in it, and get sad. It really is a sad shot, unintentionally or not.

Sorry to quote myself, but this video is a must-watch.

It's a two part video. A second piece will automatically start after the first. The whole video is very long.

I only saw one on Kyron; the followup was about Sandra Cantu. Was that what you wanted us to see ?

I think people have been very responsible about what they have said on here....

It is not only being said on here .......read the comments on the news articles.......now what is being said on those is very disrepctful and irresponsible......

I think the poor little girl is going to be more concerned about the tragic (and I still hope he is alive) thing that happened to her big brother...

I think people are just covering all bases after reading into what little info the police have provided....

LIke I said before I dont know yet and dont want to point any fingers but you have to admit there are a couple of things that dont add up.

I've been reading all over, not just here. As far as what doesn't 'add up', I've not seen any facts presented that point to any inconsistencies in what TH, or any of the family, did that day. I see people crucifying this woman because she didn't respond as they would, or she blinked too much or she didn't have enough pics of Kyron on her FB, or any number of stupid reasons used to accuse her of doing something horrific to this child.

I think too much is being read into the art pictures. In art class these days, the art teacher or classroom teacher teaches about an artist and all the technical mumbo-jumbo art vocabulary. They show pictures of that artist's work and show the characteristics that the artist had in all their work. Then the students make their own piece. My son learned about the artist that did American Gothic, then his class had to make up their own. He did Iraqi Gothic and drew a man and woman in fatigues in front of a bloody hospital scene. Some kids did Star Wars gothic, some did Wizard 101 gothic. We don't even know anyone in Iraq or in the military right now. As far as I know, none of the students in his class have been to space and used a light saber or battled wizards.

Why did they chose these two pieces of Kyron's art? Maybe they were supposed to go home on Friday, maybe they were the ones hanging up in the laundry room, maybe they were the top two pictures in the closet that hadn't been put in his keepsake box. I think too much is being read into the artwork.

I just thought of something...what janitor dresses like that? Looks like street clothes...and an emo-ish type of look. That looks like a teenager, IMO. I could be totally wrong, but that doesn't look like a janitor to me. Wonder who he is. Maybe a parent, but why is he on the upper floor, then? Parent-teacher conference?

He is identified in the photo caption by name as the janitor, and I found that confirmed from an article on the PPS website regarding the response of the school district to the incident. The same name was listed as the janitor in that article along with the name of another janitor who was a "former employee who came back to help after Kyron disappeared" which I found to be a bit unusual.

jmoo

Janitors don't have a uniform- they wear whatever they want to. The ones at my school wear jeans and t-shirts. Some are in their early 20s. Do you want them to dress like they're 40?

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for quite some time. A thought I keep having is about the quality of Kyron's science project. He obviously didn't do that all himself. I actually think they would have had to send the foam core to a printer to have the background applied (unless dad had the ability to do it at the office). Way above par for a 2nd grader IMO. Another parent, not necessarily a SO - but maybe someone with a violent demeanor, was upset because he/she put in a lot of time with their project without such great results. Just speculating...

I did just watch John Walsh on the Today Show. He seemed to want to keep it open as to whether the "perp" could be a family member or SO, but he did revisit a family member a few times.

I am really torn up about this case, since I have 3 boys of my own. I really can't shake the feeling that whoever took him (and at this point I don't believe he wandered away) was familiar to him in some way. So sad.

Gosh, I know it's early, but where did I say his e-mail went to 15,000 employees? :waitasec: I did say, that's how many Intel in Oregon employs.

Well, that was an interesting tidbit of information but sort of irrelevant in the discussion of the e-mail if all the 15.000 didn't get the email and if it wasn't intended for all of them.

One of my points is that dad, with the help of Intel, wanted to be safe, careful, cautious regarding what is said to the media. We all know how gossip gets out of hand and we all know there are those who thrive on gossip - so maybe he wanted to ward such possibilities off ahead of time.

Do you really think dad could speculate regarding the media and Intel employees? After all, his son went missing and why wouldn't he want to solicit the help of fellow employees, in the form of eyes, but ward off any and all gossip?

Well, sure.... that was the whole point... or so I thought. I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with me about.

And if the media published even 2 statements by employees while a child is missing, that could be a jeopardy to the investigation - my guess is that dad didn't want ANYTHING to jeopardize finding his son.

Of course not, but still, I suspect that the ones who are most likely to really jeopardize the investigation are the ones who could possibly know something about it, like the parents and the staff at Kyron's school, the other children, the searchers, the people who have been interrogated near the search areas, the people close to talkative LE officers and so on. It is hard for me to see what random Intel employees could possibly say to jeopardize the investgation if their only connection to any of it is that they get their wages from the same employer as the victim's dad who they've never seen. Did he send an message to all of them trying to keep them quiet? Some of them have been talking although warned not to.

You mention selling magazine: What???? Doesn't take much to sell a magazine nowadays - gossip often prevails. And you say 'who would care' - just read all the comments on that FB everyone was pouring over earlier. moo

I'm sorry if my commercial opinion offended you but while I agree that gossip sells, I have to say that I think it's interesting gossip that sells. Not the kind of gossip that close to 15.000 completely unconnected Intel Oregon employees would have. "I don't really know anything and I've never seen Kyron but I saw that he was missing in the news and isn't it dreadful, and I think it may have been a SO or a family abduction or just about anybody really and I read it on FB that...

Now if there are colleagues who know the family or think they know them and have something to share about their private life, true or false, it could affect the investigation and upset the family, but it's not just the colleagues at Intel who can share gossip like that, it's the neighbors, the gym pals, the disgruntled exes (if any), the people they see at Walmart or just about anybody who's heard something from somebody.
Seems that attempting to control rumors and gossip in the workplace is foreign to many, so I won't go on. Some will get it and some won't. The bottom line: When a parent's worst nightmare occurs, you do what's best to bring your child home. Justice for Kyron is what I say. moo

That was unnecessary condescension IMO. Everybody wants justice for Kyron, except the one(s) with something to hide.

It may be worth a try but I just don't think that an email "please don't gossip" to a large group of people is going to keep them all from gossiping if they've got an interest in the subject matter and heard something from somebody.

"It's not a search-and-rescue operation anymore," Gates said.

Dive crews on Monday afternoon searched the Columbia River in the Sauvie Island area. It was the second time crews have focused on the area. On Friday, sheriff's office horse trailers were seen at the bottom of the Sauvie Island Bridge.

The sheriff's office said tips led them to search around Sauvie Island, but declined to elaborate.

He added that parents in the area shouldn't take extra precautions with their children. Authorities have said since the earliest days of the investigation that they believe Kyron's disappearance was an isolated case.

"There is no reason to believe that the kids are in any danger here," Gates said.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/jun/15/search-fro-missing-ore-boy-intensifies-around-sauv/

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for quite some time. A thought I keep having is about the quality of Kyron's science project. He obviously didn't do that all himself. I actually think they would have had to send the foam core to a printer to have the background applied (unless dad had the ability to do it at the office). Way above par for a 2nd grader IMO. Another parent, not necessarily a SO - but maybe someone with a violent demeanor, was upset because he/she put in a lot of time with their project without such great results. Just speculating...

I did just watch John Walsh on the Today Show. He seemed to want to keep it open as to whether the "perp" could be a family member or SO, but he did revisit a family member a few times.

I am really torn up about this case, since I have 3 boys of my own. I really can't shake the feeling that whoever took him (and at this point I don't believe he wandered away) was familiar to him in some way. So sad.
Welcome!

Something I found interesting is that nearly a third of Skyline's students are transfers from across the district, who wouldn't necessarily have ties to that immediate area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela