OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we've got NG producer saying last seen with Terri and family not cleared. And she's cut off in her answering.

Well, now we'll have to see if Natisha clears that "last seen" remark up later this week - or not. :waitasec:

NG producer????

Oh please.

She's not employed by Oregon LE or the FBI, is she? If not, then she knows no more than the rest of us.

(not directed to you btw)

If she arrived way early there were not many witnesses/people to witness/verify her activities such as whether or not she left with Kyron.

The school opened at 8 for parents to tour with the kids.

No one was saying she knows anything (Natasha)...we were just reporting what was being said on NG for those who can't watch it...

There was something said in a later press conference (or later in the same PC) that led me to believe they had been advised not to speak out to the media. If Tanner's grandma, DY's sister and KH all said the same thing, I tend to believe that LE did ask them not to speak to media, or at the very least, indicated it could impede their investigation.

It was unclear whether Kyron was in class Friday or when anyone noticed he was missing because police have been reticent to disclose public details of the search. Shelby said authorities don't want to give out information that could contradict a potential witness's recollection, but the school has a good idea of when Kyron was reported absent.
"We don't want to cloud anyone's recollection," Shelby said. "We'll defer to the authorities."
An autodial system used to report absences in all Portland high schools and middle schools was not yet installed at Skyline Elementary, Shelby said. The system has been installed in 37 of the district's 57 schools.
Shelby said the system would have alerted a parent's primary phone number at about midday that his or her student was absent.
Kyron's parents didn't attend the news conference Monday, and Gates said they didn't want to comment to avoid interfering with the investigation.

here...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100607/...ing_oregon_boy

So, maybe the shout-out to all of the locations looking for video feed is to see if Kyron was tootling around with SM while she was doing her errands...

I just noticed kyron wasn't wearing his glasses in the science project picture his SM took, I wonder why? This could of been brought up before and I missed it. I feel like most of kyrons pictures he had them on?

Thank you Marc Klaas!!
I agree with him.I like the way Nancy Grace was tonight.I was very surprised.I pray having Kyrons picture out will help jog someones memory if they saw him or know something.

NG producer????

Oh please.

She's not employed by Oregon LE or the FBI, is she? If not, then she knows no more than the rest of us.

Not to mention that she has gotten so many things wrong on the other cases that they have covered, that her accuracy rate must be well.....lets just say not good.

If she arrived way early there were not many witnesses/people to witness/verify her activities such as whether or not she left with Kyron.

The reporter on NG tonight was making it sound like indeed SM and Kyron were there at the school early but by roll call he was declared absent. FWIW

There was something said in a later press conference (or later in the same PC) that led me to believe they had been advised not to speak out to the media. If Tanner's grandma, DY's sister and KH all said the same thing, I tend to believe that LE did ask them not to speak to media, or at the very least, indicated it could impede their investigation.

If that is true, then LE flatout lied at the press conference. The question was asked directly, "Has LE told the family not to speak to media?" LE's answer was a direct NO. He said LE has told the family they will help facilitate any such statement when the family feels they are ready to speak to the media.

His denial was firm. We talked about it here and I posted at the time that I found it curious they just left the family to hang out to dry like that.

So, if that was a lie told by LE, at a press conference no less, what else have they lied about?

NG producer????

Oh please.

I think we agree Calliope basically. :) But Natisha is an NG producer and has been for a long long time. She gets interrupted quite a bit, cut short, and she sometimes comes back later in the coverage week to get her corrections in. That's all I was wondering.

I just noticed kyron wasn't wearing his glasses in the science project picture his SM took, I wonder why? This could of been brought up before and I missed it. I feel like most of kyrons pictures he had them on?

I thought I heard them say they too them out to give you a better look at this face. You know, photo shopped them out.

It was unclear whether Kyron was in class Friday or when anyone noticed he was missing because police have been reticent to disclose public details of the search. Shelby said authorities don't want to give out information that could contradict a potential witness's recollection, but the school has a good idea of when Kyron was reported absent.
"We don't want to cloud anyone's recollection," Shelby said. "We'll defer to the authorities."An autodial system used to report absences in all Portland high schools and middle schools was not yet installed at Skyline Elementary, Shelby said. The system has been installed in 37 of the district's 57 schools.
Shelby said the system would have alerted a parent's primary phone number at about midday that his or her student was absent.
Kyron's parents didn't attend the news conference Monday, and Gates said they didn't want to comment to avoid interfering with the investigation.

The bolded quote from the article above is interesting to me. They don't want to "cloud anyone's recollection". They also want to make sure the perp doesn't know everything they know, as it could tip him/her off as to what times to lie about. They do not want to give any hints that may alter someone's timeline...

Yes, I remember reading that too. It is well known, LE do not want witnesses to speak publicly for many reasons.

The PCs listed on the media thread are great and I appreciate them ... not all have the Q&A at the end. I remember hearing (Gates I think) say something that made it pretty obvious the family had been advised not to talk to media. It stood out to be because either earlier that day or the day before he'd flatly stated they hadn't done so. I'll have to go searching the PCs again. Ugh. Not tonight. My eyes can't take it tonight lol.

There was a local Portland radio reporter on and her "facts" were kind of a mishmash of the info we got the first day or two...nothing new and she stated things that we here have been back and forth on as to when or if they happened...it was very much like any of the earliest reports, IIRC...

If that is true, then LE flatout lied at the press conference. The question was asked directly, "Has LE told the family not to speak to media?" LE's answer was a direct NO. He said LE has told the family they will help facilitate any such statement when the family feels they are ready to speak to the media.

His denial was firm. We talked about it here and I posted at the time that I found it curious they just left the family to hang out to dry like that.

So, if that was a lie told by LE, at a press conference no less, what else have they lied about?
I think the problem is LE is not held up to a standard when it comes to lying. They have that grace to put out there whatever they think will best serve the investigation and targeted to whomever where they see a need. IMO

No one was saying she knows anything (Natasha)...we were just reporting what was being said on NG for those who can't watch it...

I know.

Just disappointed that we weren't hearing from anyone actually connected to the investigation. Not likely, but hope springs eternal.

I know.

Just disappointed that we weren't hearing from anyone actually connected to the investigation. Not likely, but hope springs eternal.

I can't even imagine any of these tight-lipped Portland officers going on that show or one like it...JMO

"We don't want to cloud anyone's recollection," Shelby said. "We'll defer to the authorities."
An autodial system used to report absences in all Portland high schools and middle schools was not yet installed at Skyline Elementary, Shelby said. The system has been installed in 37 of the district's 57 schools.

Forgot about them too... Shelby and the principal both said the same thing. Don't talk to media.

I would imagine that's probably still in effect, as LE said they're going to re-interview the kids and staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee