OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope LE does not base last time seen simply on a fellow classmate only because a child could easily be wrong, confused or just over-excited. Yet I feel that LE must know that, in taking statements from children. Every child would want to be the one who last saw him, i.e. But what else could they have to back up such a sighting? I think it is pretty clear there is no video here.

That extra hour or so makes such a huge difference in what could have happened to him. If he was or thought he was waiting for a ride, someone could have picked him, saying they were sent to get him? This is why I wonder why LE won't simply say that no, there was no appointment, that was a rumor. That would end that part of the speculation.

What is multi-age class rooms? and it also says they offer daycare. So does multi-age class rooms mean that 7 year olds are put with 10 year olds or whatever?
As far as daycare goes, there could have been other people there besides children who attended the school and parents but those taking advantage of the daycare service only.

I hope LE does not base last time seen simply on a fellow classmate only because a child could easily be wrong, confused or just over-excited. Yet I feel that LE must know that, in taking statements from children. Every child would want to be the one who last saw him, i.e. But what else could they have to back up such a sighting? I think it is pretty clear there is no video here.

That extra hour or so makes such a huge difference in what could have happened to him. If he was or thought he was waiting for a ride, someone could have picked him, saying they were sent to get him? This is why I wonder why LE won't simply say that no, there was no appointment, that was a rumor. That would end that part of the speculation.

IMO, that's another reason why they don't want school personnel or the parents to speak out. Any recollection that a child may have could be influenced by what they'd hear on TV, rumors, etc.

"Sheriff Dan Staton said late Sunday night that he was "not prepared" to call the boy's disappearance a kidnapping. He described Kyron as a "missing endangered child" because more than two days had elapsed since he disappeared and because search efforts were hampered by rainy weather.

"We have developed a lot of information which has to be processed thoroughly, and I am not in a position to divulge any specifics of our investigative plan at this time," Staton said in a statement. " <snipped>

http://www.katu.com/news/95768334.html

I don't think there is anything new in this clip, but it may be a good read for those wanting to catch up.

One thing that puzzles me about the picture is -- where is his left arm? It must be bent and twisted way back behind him yet his shoulder and upper arm don't seem distorted at all or pulled to the back. The little bit of white you see under his left sleeve is part of a brochure on the desk.
kyroncloseup.jpg

You got a good eye! :blowkiss:

What is multi-age class rooms? and it also says they offer daycare. So does multi-age class rooms mean that 7 year olds are put with 10 year olds or whatever?
As far as daycare goes, there could have been other people there besides children who attended the school and parents but those taking advantage of the daycare service only.

I have no idea, but it seems to be a mix based upon academic ability? Just a bit of personal experience... back in the dark ages, I was in a combined 3rd/4th grade class (I was in the 3rd grade at the time). It was cool that we got to do stuff other 3rd grade classes didn't, but at the same time it was rather intimidating--- and the 4th graders in our class never let us forget they were our elders and superiors lol. I can only imagine how stressful it would be with an even bigger age gap.

Any child missing should/is "endangered". I don't think the added designation changes anything and should have been there since Friday afternoon. When would a missing child not be "endangered"?

I'm not understanding the whole science fair thing. What time was the science fair? From what I know of them the students stand next to thier projects as teachers or whomever go around and look at each project, the student explaining their project. When did this take place?

We're having some problems with this thread, posters.

Please remember that if you post a quote you must also post the link.

Stay on-topic. We're not going to veer off into a critique of Kyron's science project or anything not related to his disappearance.

No bashing Kyron's teacher. There's no evidence at this point that the teacher did anything wrong.

Thanks,

Hoppy
mod

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.
-------

This gives me chills :(

Call Thanxl....:thumb:

Now I wish I was a sleuther

"At 8:45 a.m. when the bell rang, Terri walked her stepson down the hall close to his class.

"He told her, 'I'm going back to the classroom, Mom,' and she waves to him and left," Carol Moulton said. "She thought he was safely at school just like he is everyday."

What happened to the boy who went missing is unclear.

Carol Moulton said the kids were supposed to report to their classes and be divided into small groups of a few students each. Each group was supposed to tour the science fair with a chaperone. Afterward, when they returned to their classes for roll call, Kyron wasn't there, she said. " http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

I take the bolded sentence to mean at 10:00. If so he was missing before 10.

RE: the tunnel, this is from the Washington County Sheriff's Website, posted in Jan, 2009. I'm assuming this relates to the Washington County side of the tunnel, not the Mulnomah County side, but the DBF said the only way he has ever got to the tunnel was on the east side, which is off Cornelius Pass Road.

http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/sonews/letter.pl?searchstring=jan09

There's a railroad tunnel that begins a little west of where NW Rock Creek Road joins NW Old Cornelius Pass Road; it's east end is in Multnomah County. The railroad and tunnel are the property of the Portland and Western Railroad Company. The tunnel is clearly marked with several "No Trespassing" signs — the signs also advise that there is video surveillance in the tunnel. About a year ago, a fire caused about a quarter million dollars damage in the tunnel.

Deputies recently responded to a call that there were six people in the tunnel. They found two adults and four juveniles — the adults were lodged in the jail and the juveniles were arrested and processed for Trespass I.

Soon after this incident, another call came in that there were six people in the tunnel. These people were all adults and lodged in jail for Trespass I. The very next day, there was yet another arrest. Trespass I is a Class "A" misdemeanor crime with a maximum jail sentence of one year and a maximum fine of $6,250.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.
-------

This gives me chills :(

I should have posted the link again.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

My heart is with each and every child who will walk through the school doors today - I send a million hugs to each :hug:

Children need a predictable and safe environment to thrive in - seems the school, LE, FBI, are doing what they can to make sure that happens.

Certainly, noone wants to instill a sense of trauma regarding the school environment, teachers, staff, and all around learning environment. That could last a life-time.

Teachers must feel devastated by the loss of one of their children - here's hoping they can each give what is necessary to the children of their school.

Such a tragic, senseless loss of a young child. Hoping this ends soon for all involved and the day goes well for each and every child and staff. :blowkiss:

I'm not understanding the whole science fair thing. What time was the science fair? From what I know of them the students stand next to thier projects as teachers or whomever go around and look at each project, the student explaining their project. When did this take place?

The science fair was from 8:45-10, right? And from what I am reading, I think it was more open-house style, where the kids go from room to room and look at each other's projects, and the parents can walk around and see all the projects. I would bet there wasn't a lot of standing and explaining, it was more a "look at the displays" thing.

One of the other parents made a statement about an evaluation sheet that the kids had to fill out and leave by their projects. It seems that the teachers or some type of assigned group must have gone through the projects leaving an evaluation/comments for each. NONE of my kids science projects of this type were ever done by having the students present the projects repeatedly. The projects were either supposed to be presented as self explanatory or they did ONE presentation at an assigned time. Again, though, I think we are placing too much emphasis on the mechanics of the science fair. It seems that the atmosphere of the day is the contributor to whatever happened, rather than exactly when pictures were taken and how the projects were presented for evaluation. The break in routine and daily organization is the culprit, whether that allowed Kyron to wander off, a predator to enter the school unnoticed, or a familiar person to have unquestioned access to this child.

jmoo

1:29 p.m. -- Neighbors stop by Brooks Hill Historic church, across the street from the school, to mull over the investigation. "This kind of thing is unheard of," says Jim Kelley, 50.

Kelley, who lives about a mile and a half down hill, at the end of a winding, secluded country lane off Cornelius Pass, said police, federal agents, K-9 teams and helicopters scoured the area Saturday.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

:(

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

Interesting. I believe Kyron and his family live off of Cornelius Pass - according to pipl.

FBI agents talking to everyone as they pull in the parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand