OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM It is unbelievable that an elementary school would have an unsecured door. I read that this town was like Mayberry, but predators are everywhere.

True they are everywhere. The kids even said they saw a stranger there that day right?

News stories led me to believe that Kyron and his sm dropped his coat and backpack in his classroom and then proceeded to a different room that was holding the science fair. But Kyron's exhibit was set up in his own classroom. Here's a pic from http://www.kptv.com/slideshow/news/23806039/detail.html titiled "Tour Kyron's Classroom. Underneath is the picture of Kyron by his exhibit. I've drawn lines to show a few of the items that show they are both pictures of the same room.
kyronsclassroom.jpg

When you look at the pictures in their larger form, it is much more obvious. (The picture of Kyron's friend is taken in a different room. The stuff around the border is different.)

I went back and looked at the picture of Kyron's friend's project (which is on the SM's fb). It actually appears he is in the same class as Kyron because you can see his project in this picture (green background closest to computers in front of room).

science project green background.jpg Kyron science project.jpg

This may have already been mentioned and I missed it, but isn't it a requirement for the secretary to call the parent if a child is not in school and does not have a written excuse or a phone call of the absence?

Good morning. Just checking in for any updates before I go back and read all the pages.

Anything news worthy this morning?

TIA

I took it as they stopped by his classroom first to drop off his backpack and show his SM his project all set up. Then maybe they walked around the different classes (I think there is a pic of another child's project from a different class on her fb). After they were done looking at the projects and at just about 8:45 he needed to return to his class to get grouped up and that is when she said goodbye and he was to walk back to class.

The photo is taken when all of the other projects are set up in the room, so it seems only pure logic that they arrived at about the same time as everyone else and not "way too early" or anything nefarious. The picture of the other project seems to be a friend in his class, since you can see that exact project in the photo taken of Kyron, sitting behind him a ways and to his right. It is the all green poster board with small pictures and information on it. Isn't that kid in the science fair pictures the same one in the bowling pictures? So, maybe this is the friend that he gets in trouble for talking to in class?

Also, we need to try to remember that we do not know how many pictures he was in that morning. Maybe the other boy's mom took some of Kyron, maybe he is in the background of the pictures taken by the family of the little girl who we can see in the background of Kyron's picture. Sometimes we get bogged down on assumptions that the information that WE have is all the information that exists.....and that is never the case.

jmoo

Totally agree. It seems like the news station in the link is going to great lengths to contrast his own written work with his science project. I know that the degree of parental involvement in kids' science projects varies, but I can't figure out the reason for pointing out the contrast in the work, kwim? Also, the kid's project next to his is in stark contrast. But unless it provides some insight into his disappearance, why zoom in one his handwritten work - with the errors, etc?

Hope I'm making sense here....! :waitasec:

What news station/link are you all referring to?

The mom stated that she dropped him off at 8:45 am, but the school day didn’t start until 10:00 am. That leaves 1 hour and 15 minutes for something awful to happen to an unsupervised child. Did the school not explain to the parents that there would not be school until 10:00 am? (This is disturbing!)

"The school day didn't start till 10:00 a.m. that day because of the science fair."

http://www.examiner.com/x-46795-Mis...econd-grader-Kyron-Horman-missing-from-school

It's not that there wasn't school until 10. The science fair was from 8-10. Kids and parents were to tour the classrooms and exhibits, then the kids would begin their regular classes at 10 am. From what I gathered from the articles, regular school hours start at 8:45. That's when classes broke into smaller groups and toured the exhibits.

IMO, it was an abduction.

My theory is that a predator took advantage of this 'chaos' and all the extra adults milling about to enter the school with the intent on attempting to abduct a child. I'm also alarmed at the fact that his classroom was next to an unmonitored exit, on the opposite side of the one facing the parking lot (does that north exit lead to that wooded area?). The comment made that Kyron is timid makes me wonder if he did hang back, perhaps he was scared about the talent show and wanted to get away. Maybe it was just a matter of him simply getting separated from his group briefly for whatever reason --- but I believe this person saw him vulnerable and took advantage of the situation. The school website allows anyone to sign up for "email updates", which would include, I suspect, special events such as science fairs and talent shows. Heck, it was advertised on their sign.

I think whoever took him was familiar with the school; perhaps a former employee or student. JMO, and all that.

snip ~
Also, we need to try to remember that we do not know how many pictures he was in that morning. Maybe the other boy's mom took some of Kyron, maybe he is in the background of the pictures taken by the family of the little girl who we can see in the background of Kyron's picture. Sometimes we get bogged down on assumptions that the information that WE have is all the information that exists.....and that is never the case.

jmoo

I believe I read this morning that the photo taken by his stepmom next to his project was the only photo he was in, this after LE went through all the photos/videos the other parents had brought in for them to look at. Let me see if I can find the quote....

eta: I was wrong. This says it was the last photo taken of Kyron.

Authorities were reviewing photos and videos taken at the school's science fair. The last photo of Kyron shows the boy smiling Friday in front of his project on the red-eyed tree frog.

http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2010/06/06/4473000-search-for-ore-boy-who-vanished-from-school-grows

I am very intrigued by your photo comparison of Kyron's classroom against photo of Kyron in front of project, Steadfast.....

So if Kyron's project was on display in his ACTUAL classroom, as opposed to a different classroom, doesn't that change the SM timeline?

Didn't she state that she and Kyron visited the classroom where project was on display and then she proceeded to walk him down the hallway to HIS classroom , although not actually walking him all the way INTO the classroom, but instead leaving him in the hallway?

If they were already IN HIS classroom, when and why did they leave the classroom, only to return later?

And just a PS....after seeing the photos of Kyron's schoolwork on your news link, no way Kyron had much involvement in creating his project...

No, they walked around to other classrooms to see other projects. Then she walked down the hallway back to his classroom.

Just had an awful thought - I hope they are looking at other students in the school as possible perpetrators. It sounds terrible, but isn't unheard of any more. :(

True. The school goes through 8th grade. And he's a little guy; 44" and 50 lbs.

I thought of that to Calliope. But he would have been found already. IDK

There was a neighbor interviewed that said he saw a suspicious white van at his deadend at 3pm and then again at 2am. I wonder if they called 911?

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

God, I hope so :(

This makes me wonder if that students memory is wrong, that the student either didn't see Kyron or it was earlier in the morning when he/she did see him. The only photo Kyron shows up in is the one the stepmom took of him standing next to his project and no one else saw Kyron after the stepmom left.

They should search his home, where he goes and plays, where he rides his bike. JMO

Search For Kyron Horman Enters Fourth Day

The first reference of Kyron's disappearance on Moulton Horman's Facebook page came Saturday at 10:16 a.m., when she posted, "Please don't listen to the news. It is inaccurate. We will give details as soon as we can. Thank you all for your well wishes. There are a lot of people looking."

http://www.kptv.com/news/23816333/detail.html

I see no mention of a cat... or pictures of one... and it was in response to people asking about baby K... so I think it's pretty safe to assume she was talking about baby K. At first I thought it might have been her husband posting about HER... it was the wording of "climbing" that clued me into it being a non adult. And the books clued me into it being a human. (It was like 3am at the time...)

But you know what they say about assuming...but if they have a cat that reads books, I want to see. That's right up there with my dog that sang to Law and Order. :waitasec:

I'm not sure what or who that references, but if I'm not mistaken there is a reference on her FB profile to a cat.

Oregonians awaken to learn that Kyron is still missing. :(

Where are you sweet boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members