OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't figure out anything that has been said by media that anyone in family would object to or ask not be believed. The reporting has been a little screwy from the start, but we are used to that. Certainly nothing has been alluded to about family at all.

I know we all are split on this but I am still not getting stranger abduction here. I still think FBI's main purpose and aid to LE will be to zero in on suspects they may already have and figure out interview questions to try to get to the truth. This is something profilers can do to help LE. But I guess we won't know until we know...and I really hope we know something today.

I don't know... FBI profilers in MP cases that invove children usually are looking at identifying traits that make children vulnerable to certain particular crimes...and therefore in turn, the people who commit those crimes.
I'm hopeful that they've called in all of the resources available only because they are handling this investigation thoroughly and correctly...but the reality is, the CARD team doesn't go out for every child that is 'missing endangered'
- even when they are so young.

I think Kyron fits a profile- and I think there might be a person or persons in the area who also fit a similar profile. That's what worries me. But I am still hoping he is simply....lost.

If the truck was seen at 3pm the day he went missing then it was before anyone knew he was missing.

Right. My guess is he went missing sometime after 10-11am that morning. That is based on the stepmothers account of last seeing him at 8:45am and another students account of last seeing Kyron "late-morning" that day.

Olsen said searchers on Sunday were not able to complete the 2-mile area from Skyline to Kyron’s home and hope to do that today.

She said searchers today will focus on an area known as wood mill by Cornelius Pass and Northwest Sheltered Nook Road.

“Yesterday they were in the thick blackberries,” Olsen said. “They spent seven hours in there and only did a third of it.”

She said so far searchers have focused on what’s considered “high probability” areas – areas that search tables show a 7-year-old is likely to go if he or she has wandered off on his or her own.

After today, searchers hope to have covered all of those areas, Olsen said.

She said in addition to those areas, searchers also have responded to requests from Kyron’s father, Kaine, about areas where the boy may be, including a horse pasture in Banks, which was searched Sunday.

Olsen said ground search efforts will be reassessed later today after the FBI looks at a map of the region.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/ground_search_resumes_this_mor.html

Seems they are invested in comparing Kyron's freehand printing and art work to that of his computerized science project.

Makes me angry - just what are they trying to insinuate by such comparisons? This child has been missing for over 72 hours without a trace, and they are worried about his free hand printing and art? :furious:

I just think it was the photo journalists way to try and take artsy photos. Not very well mind you...

Kelley, who lives about a mile and a half down hill, at the end of a winding, secluded country lane off Cornelius Pass, said police, federal agents, K-9 teams and helicopters scoured the area Saturday.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

As I do not have an exact address that is what I put down from the news article. If you give me an exact address I will change it. So I should have said the area the truck was seen.

Ok, just curious because Cornelius Pass runs all along between the school and Kyron's home. Trying to find on the map where the train tracks are and if we can pinpoint where Jim Kelley lives. I checked all the homes on Cornelius Pass on the county assessors site and didn't come up with any Kelley's which makes sense because it said he lives on a road "off of Cornelius Pass". Looking for a winding downhill road with a house at the end near railroad tracks.

I don't know... FBI profilers in MP cases that invove children usually are looking at identifying traits that make children vulnerable to certain particular crimes...and therefore in turn, the people who commit those crimes.
I'm hopeful that they've called in all of the resources available only because they are handling this investigation thoroughly and correctly...but the reality is, the CARD team doesn't go out for every child that is 'missing endangered'
- even when they are so young.

I think Kyron fits a profile- and I think there might be a person or persons in the area who also fit a similar profile. That's what worries me. But I am still hoping he is simply....lost.

Seems it's that profile the FBI are keeping close to their vest. There is a very good reason they released the soccer picture of Kyron. moo mho and all that stuff

Olsen said searchers on Sunday were not able to complete the 2-mile area from Skyline to Kyron’s home and hope to do that today.

She said searchers today will focus on an area known as wood mill by Cornelius Pass and Northwest Sheltered Nook Road.

“Yesterday they were in the thick blackberries,” Olsen said. “They spent seven hours in there and only did a third of it.”

She said so far searchers have focused on what’s considered “high probability” areas – areas that search tables show a 7-year-old is likely to go if he or she has wandered off on his or her own.

After today, searchers hope to have covered all of those areas, Olsen said.

She said in addition to those areas, searchers also have responded to requests from Kyron’s father, Kaine, about areas where the boy may be, including a horse pasture in Banks, which was searched Sunday.

Olsen said ground search efforts will be reassessed later today after the FBI looks at a map of the region.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/ground_search_resumes_this_mor.html
BBM and red highlight by me too....

For those unfamiliar with our terrain, blackberries are THICK in Oregon. They are not native berries and tend to take over and are very hard to eliminate.

I know a lady in my town who was picking blackberries with her beloved dachshund a few years back. The dog went into the blackberries and NEVER returned. It was just a strip of blackberries at the end of a field, too! It amazed me that a dog could get lost in them like that.

Also, there are animals called "nutria" in Oregon. They were brought up from South America in the early 1900s for fur. Once the fur trade ended, they were just set free. They are VERY aggressive. They look like large rats and are the size of a large raccoon. They like wet areas.

Ok, just curious because Cornelius Pass runs all along between the school and Kyron's home. Trying to find on the map where the train tracks are and if we can pinpoint where Jim Kelley lives. I checked all the homes on Cornelius Pass on the county assessors site and didn't come up with any Kelley's which makes sense because it said he lives on a road "off of Cornelius Pass". Looking for a winding downhill road with a house at the end near railroad tracks.

Not sure which map you are looking at, but try these coordinates:
45.60896N/122.851524W by 45.651660N/122.86201W . That should show the area.

Have they been using dogs? I wonder if they picked his scent.
Did they pick up Nadias Bloom scent when she was lost?

I'll never catch up with reading all the threads about this case - I'm just finding out about it - but I can think of several scenarios in which a child that age might go and hide or go outside.

One is if he thought he did his science fair project incorrectly or someone made fun of it. He might have been upset and gone to the restroom or out to the playground. If that's not the case, another scenario people have mentioned is whether he indeed went outside to get some sort of natural material to put in the display. According to the Stepmom that didn't happen and he was headed for the classroom.

Another idea I had was whether he thought he left something in the car but when he went outside after his stepmother had driven away?

Finally, it's possible that something else happened unrelated to the science fair - bullying or pushing on the stairs (if there are any stairs) - that sort of thing. Even in middle school violence can happen and this was a small boy.

Having said all that, this case gives me a very bad feeling. :(

I have three kids and when they were younger we had science fairs before school. That is usually a chaotic time when buses are arriving and lots of parents in the hallway. At my youngest child's school however they became very strict about allowing parents anywhere except the cafeteria in the morning, and the teachers were supposed to be vigilant about who was in the hallways. That came about after a teacher was trapped in a classroom by her ex-husband and shot in front of the students. They have strict rules about signing in and wearing nametags with the reason you are in school and you can only get those in the office from the principal's secretary.

Also, our schools have lockdown as soon as the bell rings and most of the outer doors are locked. Most kids would know not to go outside in the morning, but then this was a young child and this was an unusual day.

I can see why a teacher might not have worried if they knew the child was with a parent earlier. But on the other hand, we have to give cell phone numbers to teachers for a reason - one phone call might have saved this child's life.

Not blaming the teachers or the step-mother ~ just some observations.

I do find it odd that this happened while the father was out of town with the brother. And who was supposed to meet the boy at the bus stop?

I hope the FBI can figure out some good leads - disturbing!

too many kids missing recently.....praying he's found soon :praying:

BBM and red highlight by me too....

For those unfamiliar with our terrain, blackberries are THICK in Oregon. They are not native berries and tend to take over and are very hard to eliminate.

I know a lady in my town who was picking blackberries with her beloved dachshund a few years back. The dog went into the blackberries and NEVER returned. It was just a strip of blackberries at the end of a field, too! It amazed me that a dog could get lost in them like that.

Also, there are animals called "nutria" in Oregon. They were brought up from South America in the early 1900s for fur. Once the fur trade ended, they were just set free. They are VERY aggressive. They look like large rats and are the size of a large raccoon. They like wet areas.

BBM- we also once had a SAR dog get hung up in berry/vine bushes. Took us 45 min to untangle. If she didn't have a gps collar on, I don't know how quickly we would have located her. Bramble and thick brush can be very tough search conditions to work in. And to get lost in, especially if you are under 4 feet tall and small.

Maybe someone took his hand and led him outside. I shutter to think about it.

Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer, said the school has three main entrances and one secure exit. Two of the doorways are near the main office and are monitored, while a third on the north side of the school is not. Kyron's classroom is adjacent to that door, which opens onto a rear parking lot.

OMG-no way.

Alright, thanks all for the clarification-so Stepmom must have been guiding him around to the other projects, right? I mean they got there at 8AM, he set his up or it was set up the day before...so was SM in charge of any other kids? This may be why LE is not clarifying...

I'm sorry if this has been asked. But if his mom saw him last in the hallway near his class, which is on the second floor, and some child saw him near the south entrance( later that morning) which is facing the road? I just wanted to confirm this.
Maybe on his way, he remember somehing to tell mom, went to find her and ended looking at the door for her.

Such a cute little guy, and all smiles.

23816470_406X480.jpg

He reminds me SO MUCH of another young boy from a recent case, but sure am praying that this one ends on a much happier note!

Another scenario would be that if he did get enthusiastic and went to the woods to find a frog, a mama nutria could have become alarmed if he stumbled near her nest. They are VERY scary when angry. I know a grown man who wouldn't step foot out of his truck when one was growling at him from below.

Perhaps a nutria, or another animal, scared him and caused him to go deeper into the wooded area?

Im looking to. Its on a deadend....Not to good it this, but i'll try...

I'll never catch up with reading all the threads about this case - I'm just finding out about it - but I can think of several scenarios in which a child that age might go and hide or go outside.

One is if he thought he did his science fair project incorrectly or someone made fun of it. He might have been upset and gone to the restroom or out to the playground. If that's not the case, another scenario people have mentioned is whether he indeed went outside to get some sort of natural material to put in the display. According to the Stepmom that didn't happen and he was headed for the classroom.

Another idea I had was whether he thought he left something in the car but when he went outside after his stepmother had driven away?

Finally, it's possible that something else happened unrelated to the science fair - bullying or pushing on the stairs (if there are any stairs) - that sort of thing. Even in middle school violence can happen and this was a small boy.

I have three kids and when they were younger we had science fairs before school. That is usually a chaotic time when buses are arriving and lots of parents in the hallway. At my youngest child's school however they became very strict about allowing parents anywhere except the cafeteria in the morning, and the teachers were supposed to be vigilant about who was in the hallways. That came about after a teacher was trapped in a classroom by her ex-husband and shot in front of the students. They have strict rules about signing in and wearing nametags with the reason you are in school and you can only get those in the office from the principal's secretary.

Also, our schools have lockdown as soon as the bell rings and most of the outer doors are locked. Most kids would know not to go outside in the morning, but then this was a young child and this was an unusual day.

I can see why a teacher might not have worried if they knew the child was with a parent earlier. But on the other hand, we have to give cell phone numbers to teachers for a reason - one phone call might have saved this child's life.

I do find it odd that this happened while the father was out of town with the brother. And who was supposed to meet the boy at the bus stop?

BBM (bolded by me)

FYI: Pretty sure the step-brother was on a boyscout camping trip with his father, not Kyron's dad - Kyron and his step-brother have two different dads. The step-brother no longer lives with Kyron. moo

Step-mom went to pick up Kyron at his bus stop and was told he was never on the bus. She immediately called the school to find out where he was. moo

Quick correction...it was not Kyron's father who was out of town. The step brother and his own father were out of town (the ex-husband of the step mom). Also, the step mom went to the bus stop to pick up the child where she found out he was not on the bus. She supposedly ran back to her home to call the school to see why he had missed the bus, when they reported that he was absent all day she called 911. This all happened within a 15 minute period, if the media time reports are accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3