OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us here have been commenting for days that this case does not add up, and have come to the same conclusion as this expert and also feel that a family member or a family friend is involved. I do think that is why LE is being so reserved and withholding of information.

I completely agree, law enforcement knows a lot more than they are saying at this point. I have been trying to search for cases where the law enforcement was with the family 24/7, which I must have been searching using the wrong words or something.

I am beginning to think maybe it was an accident that happened at some point that is being covered up :/ I don't know how or who or why. I think Law Enforcement is thinking the person is to scared to come forward now, and don't want to scare them further by talking about criminal investigation.

When I was six my family went on vacation to Hawaaii. My older brother and sister were supposed to be taking care of me. My brother was 11 and my sister was 13 and they resented being stuck with their baby sister so to play a joke on me, while we were waiting on the elevators they ran in and shut the door and left me alone. I was terrified and started to cry and this nice older couple came out and saw me crying and asked what happened and I told them. They took me in their room and I had a blast. They spoiled me, played games and gave me food, watched tv. I never wanted to leave. They were definately treating me better then my own family had. I was there for hours. Of course when my brother and sister came back to find me I was gone. They searched for hours and of course when my parents found out they were in big trouble. Since we were staying on the same floor my parents finally found me. I didn't want to leave. It was the most fun I had there. I guess what I am saying is that is what I am hoping is happening to Kyron. That somehow he found himself lost and instead of being scared he found loving people to look after him until it's time to go home. That is my best case scenerio.

I was watching channel 12 Fox news tonight and they interviewed Kyron's best friend and desk mate. He said he saw Kyron right before class was starting walking by the classroom. He said Kyron was going to go look at some cool electric exhibit and that he would be right back. That was the last he saw him.

This post is from last night. Does anyone know if there's a video of this interview? I'm not local - not sure which website channel 12 Fox news would be. Does anyone know?

ETA: Found the website for channel 12 Fox news: http://www.kptv.com/index.html

Going through videos now looking for this interview.

ETA: I can't find a video with this interview. If anyone comes across one, please post! Thanks.

i agree with the minor/interference theory.

my gut has been telling me that for a few days.

being local and knowing that area, i think its more likely an insider than an outsider.

I don't think it was a minor that lured Kyron for the following reasons:

One he wouldn't be found that far away. How far could he have lured or dragged him without people seeing or interviening? A youth would have either kept him in the school or lured him close enough to be hidden but not too far. A young person doesn't think about consequences like adults do. They are more inpulsive, I believe if a young person did this Kyron would be found by now.

I believe Kyron didn't just wander off. I really hope he is found safe--soon. I am especially drawn to this little boy because he and my son share the same uncommon name-except that I spell my son's name Keiron but pronounce it the same as Kyron.

Apologies if this scenario has been suggested already and I know that it's difficult to tie it with the language being used at the pressers, but it appears (IIRC it was posted in an earlier thread) that KH has a good/close relationship with his SB. What if the SB has been discussing his upcoming camping trip with Kyron, talking about the "exciting" things they'll be doing (eg building tents/hides etc, camp fires...). Could he possibly have thought of trying it out himself? Now it could be that he is still camping out, or had some kind of accident.

However, I have also read that he is timid (apologies if I have got this incorrect, there are so many posts/threads to remember now) so perhaps this scenario isn't validated but just wanted to throw it out there. It's based purely on my own upbringing and knowledge of how excited and interested my own children are when it comes to outdoor activities.

I'm trying to keep positive thoughts going as to what could have happened to him, it is getting more challenging as time progresses.

Need a little help!

Do we know for sure that Kyron told his friend that he was going to see an electricity project?

Was his SM with him at the time or was this AFTER she left?

Who, exactly, is the last person to have seen Kyron, the SM or the classmate?

Whoever Kyron left the building with (if he did, indeed, leave the building - I would like to know if it has been searched from top to bottom - remember what happened at Yale) had to have blended in with the other people in the building, parents and students alike. Had there been a teenager in the building, that would have stood out to other parents.

Shake down the janitors, teachers, etc.

I don't think it was someone who did not belong in the building. I checked the Skyline website and events calendar and I don't see any mention of the Science Fair. Do we know if it was advertised in a local newspaper or anything like that? It's doubtful that anyone outside of the Skyline parent community would have even known about it (and thought of it as an opportunity to do bad).

Teachers, parents, janitors... that's where my radar is right now.

Anyone know about FB post times? Not being in the same timezone as SM, I am not sure her post times on her FB profile are for her time or mine.

So glad my children's elementary school has cameras at every doorway.

I have a question.

I saw last night that the Kyron FB page is run by a group named Childseek--something I didn't know when I joined--and that they're soliciting donations for a reward fund. When another member of the group asked what would happen to donations if the reward were not issued, he got no answer.

I don't know anything about childseek, so I may just remove myself from that group and join a different one. Am interested in anyone's opinions on this.

I vote taken.

I was watching channel 12 Fox news tonight and they interviewed Kyron's best friend and desk mate. He said he saw Kyron right before class was starting walking by the classroom. He said Kyron was going to go look at some cool electric exhibit and that he would be right back. That was the last he saw him.

I suspect there were a lot of people coming and going right at that time as it was just before the normal school starting time. I think it would have been easy for a predator to lure him out to his car and nobody would notice a thing.

OK, now we know school was delayed and going to begin at 10AM. Is this the source of the later sighting that LE seems to have ruled out now??

I have a question.

I saw last night that the Kyron FB page is run by a group named Childseek--something I didn't know when I joined--and that they're soliciting donations for a reward fund. When another member of the group asked what would happen to donations if the reward were not issued, he got no answer.

I don't know anything about childseek, so I may just remove myself from that group and join a different one. Am interested in anyone's opinions on this.

Proceed with caution. I will see what I can find on Childseek....

Apologies if this scenario has been suggested already and I know that it's difficult to tie it with the language being used at the pressers, but it appears (IIRC it was posted in an earlier thread) that KH has a good/close relationship with his SB. What if the SB has been discussing his upcoming camping trip with Kyron, talking about the "exciting" things they'll be doing (eg building tents/hides etc, camp fires...). Could he possibly have thought of trying it out himself? Now it could be that he is still camping out, or had some kind of accident.

However, I have also read that he is timid (apologies if I have got this incorrect, there are so many posts/threads to remember now) so perhaps this scenario isn't validated but just wanted to throw it out there. It's based purely on my own upbringing and knowledge of how excited and interested my own children are when it comes to outdoor activities.

I'm trying to keep positive thoughts going as to what could have happened to him, it is getting more challenging as time progresses.

I think your theory about him camping is as valid as any others wer have here-welcome to WS!!

Who, exactly, is the last person to have seen Kyron, the SM or the classmate?

Snipped, this is the only bit I can answer! LE will not confirm who the last person to see Kyron was. I've seen the question asked at pressers, and they always say they cannot discuss that. :banghead:

I have a question.

Thanks for the heads-up.

In a news article it says that: "A reward fund was established through ChildSeek and will be given to whoever can provide authorities with a "direct tip" that leads to Kyron."

I am not sure what to make if it as well -

Here is the FB page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Missing-Kyron-Horman/125336750831264?ref=ts

Here is the article:http://www.kptv.com/technology/23838365/detail.html

Childseek do appear to be genuine:

http://www.childseeknetwork.com/horman.htm

They mention at the bottom of his page about the reward fund.

Edited to add, it also states what will happen to the funds if the reward is not paid out. "The money donated will go to an account set up for the Kyron Horman Fund with Chase Bank. It will remain until a tip leads to his recovery or until he is found. The funds if not paid out will be donated to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children"

I think it's time to make a list of what LE has said in the pressers, so we can get a clearer picture of what they are thinking, b/c to me, they seem a bit all over the place, from FBI profilers, to saying it's an isolated incident, which makes me think they think it's stranger abduction/serial offender, to a first time offender, and maybe not an offender at all. Days ago Gates looked crushed, and now he acts like, someone took him on vacation without telling anyone, no big deal, and he'll show up by the end of the week, safe, happy, and tanned by the sunshine? SM is taking some needed time at the gym, so she's going to come out of isolation, they are going to give, likely a thank you statement for everyones' help, and all is well with the world. It's all been a little misunderstanding.

otoh, it could just be me misunderstanding what is being put out there for our consumption....idk? I'm confused. It is late though. I prolly just need some sleep. :i

So, I don't know what's going on.

I was thinking this same thing last night....just a chronological ordered listing of statements made by LE from press conferences would probably help make more sense of this case.

Thats odd, it TRUTV's website..... but anyway you can google Alyssa Bustamante and Elizabeth Olsten. Alyssa was a 15 year old who killed her siblings 9 year old playmate,as she was leaving to go home she lured her into the woods and killed her and put her in a pre dug grave...... Police and cadaver dogs searched for a few days for her and ultimately Alyssa confessed that she did it, and she wasnt even a suspect they thought it had to be a SO that grabbed her on the way home. Dogs never picked up her scent or anything.

I have never received a virus warning from trutv and I'm a trutv junkie as far as their archives. I think the problem is that the link had two http://'s which resulted in a 404 error page.

I vouch for you that TruTV is not a virus site.

Thanks for the heads-up.

In a news article it says that: "A reward fund was established through ChildSeek and will be given to whoever can provide authorities with a "direct tip" that leads to Kyron."

I am not sure what to make if it as well -

Here is the FB page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Missing-Kyron-Horman/125336750831264?ref=ts

Here is the article:http://www.kptv.com/technology/23838365/detail.html

I'll go back and look again to see if they've answered the question that a group member asked about what would happen to the money if a reward isn't issued.

Thanks.

Childseek do appear to be genuine:

http://www.childseeknetwork.com/horman.htm

They mention at the bottom of his page about the reward fund.

Edited to add, it also states what will happen to the funds if the reward is not paid out. "The money donated will go to an account set up for the Kyron Horman Fund with Chase Bank. It will remain until a tip leads to his recovery or until he is found. The funds if not paid out will be donated to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children"

THANKS! That makes me feel a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaDiosa1975