OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Help on the way from across Ore. for Kyron Horman search​

kyron-desk-horman.jpg

PORTLAND Authorities Wednesday began pulling in support from law enforcement across the entire state in the ongoing search for seven-year-old Kyron Horman.

Did anyone else catch the captain's slight smile when he was talking about the biggest frustration being that they want to bring Kyron home as soon as possible?

I did not, but I can see why he would smile. He strikes me as a guy who is very visual and connects the words with the imagery immediately in his mind. This is how I am... which is why I think I see him that way.

I think when he says "bring Kyron home" he very likely imagines, without any conscious effort... Kyron coming home...being reunited with his family, or playing with his cars, or drawing a picture.

Some days, that reduces him to tears because he does not think it will happen, (maybe he even imagines a much more tragic outcome) or he is just simply overwhelmed and exhausted.

Other days, (perhaps because of the many more searchers coming in) he has more hope and optimism, so the thought of that being the ultimate result....makes him smile. :)

I guess I will check out some other cases since it doesn't appear we will learn anything soon. Is there any type of alert on cases when someone is found or breaking news on this site that I can link to alert me? Forgive me if that is a stupid question. Still a newbie.

Something still doesn't ring true to me about this case. The one day the step mom takes Kyron to school -- he goes missing. It just really is beginning to scream to me "Creating an alibi"

But this was the science fair day- she wanted to see his project like the other parents so why wouldn't she take him to school? I think this is not strange at all and is not creating an alibi. My son rides the bus 99% of the time, but the few times there has been something in the am I'll take him- that is normal!

Yes, it's valid to look at the roles of those closest to a victim, certainly. It is allowed at WS :)

What I was thinking of primarily is a lot of carp I've seen go on on Facebook sites for the missing. It gets pretty vicious.

For myself, I don't have a problem showing compassion for those close to a victim. The worst that can happen is that it ends up that one of them is a perp. I'm okay with that. It's not a loss to me. I can feel okay about myself for that. I can live with it.

I would not be okay with ripping someone to shreds or harrassing them, only to find out that they had nothing to do with it, and that I had caused them more pain on top of the pain they are already going through. I couldn't feel okay about myself. I wouldn't be able to come up with anything that would make me feel better about having done it. I don't want to have to live with that.

So I make a conscious choice for compassion.

Well said! I like how Tricia says we can speculate but not sleuth them or bash them.

Actually, I thought we were moving away from even speculating when reports came out that others saw Kyron after SM left the school? I was only on the thread for a short time during that discussion so maybe I misread that. :waitasec:

BBM

Where are the landfills and is there a search going on there, I wonder? Do we have any eastern Oregonians in here?

Can you translate 'BBM' for me please?

This might help explain my earlier 'no landfills' comment.

http://www.portlandonline.com/bps/index.cfm?&c=41467
There are no "dumps" or landfills in Portland. Garbage and recycling companies, citizens, and businesses bring trash to a transfer station, a facility that compacts garbage and coordinates getting it to a landfill. From the transfer station, most of Portland ’s garbage goes to the Columbia Ridge Landfill, which is located about 150 miles east of Portland near Arlington, Oregon.

The nearest transfer station is the NW Portland location:
http://www.oregonmetro.gov/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=570

Yes, it's valid to look at the roles of those closest to a victim, certainly. It is allowed at WS :)

What I was thinking of primarily is a lot of carp I've seen go on on Facebook sites for the missing. It gets pretty vicious.

For myself, I don't have a problem showing compassion for those close to a victim. The worst that can happen is that it ends up that one of them is a perp. I'm okay with that. It's not a loss to me. I can feel okay about myself for that. I can live with it.

I would not be okay with ripping someone to shreds or harrassing them, only to find out that they had nothing to do with it, and that I had caused them more pain on top of the pain they are already going through. I couldn't feel okay about myself. I wouldn't be able to come up with anything that would make me feel better about having done it. I don't want to have to live with that.

I agree, if we support the family and end up being wrong about one of them, big deal......at least we were sympathetic to those who had no involvement and were in true pain. That is a far better error to make than multiplying the misery that they must be in right now.
If we at WS have all been troubled and stressed worrying about this child, think of the complete devastation that those with whom he belongs must be enduring.

jmoo

I guess I will check out some other cases since it doesn't appear we will learn anything soon. Is there any type of alert on cases when someone is found or breaking news on this site that I can link to alert me? Forgive me if that is a stupid question. Still a newbie.

No problem!

The first page would probably have an announcement: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/index.php The only delay would be if admin isn't around to post it for a bit. Also, there will be a note on the thread - and I pray this one will say "Found Alive!" Also, LE is having pressers each day at 12 PST and 4 PST so that is also a good time to check in.

Unless they feel they are looking at an Elizabeth Smart type of situation... where he is being kept outside. Nobody really thought they were looking for a live Elizabeth in Emigration Canyon. But she WAS alive there...and remained that way. Continuing to live outdoors in various places.

They could have reason to suspect that... such as the evidence of a camp or camps, that they "won't comment" on. :twocents:

Another contextual comment... while I don't know of any specific homeless camps right nearby the school area, Forest Park, which is the large greenspace you can see in the sat maps, has several. There was a locally famous case of a father living in Forest Park with his daughter for several years, unnoticed.

Kyron Horman case is a good reminder to hug our children, even as they may frustrate us

Kyron vanished from Skyline Elementary School five days ago, moments after his stepmother took a picture of him posing beside his science project on red-eyed tree frogs. He wore a proud, goofy grin and a CSI T-shirt that feels like sick irony now. Despite more than 1,200 tips and hundreds of hours, investigators have given us no details about who saw Kyron last and no sign that they've found even the first trace of him. We're stuck with a lot of nothing, with the kind of frustration that prompts even big, tough sheriff's deputies to cry.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oreg...f/2010/06/kyron_horman_case_is_a_good_re.html

Can you translate 'BBM' for me please?

This might help explain my earlier 'no landfills' comment.

http://www.portlandonline.com/bps/index.cfm?&c=41467
There are no "dumps" or landfills in Portland. Garbage and recycling companies, citizens, and businesses bring trash to a transfer station, a facility that compacts garbage and coordinates getting it to a landfill. From the transfer station, most of Portland ’s garbage goes to the Columbia Ridge Landfill, which is located about 150 miles east of Portland near Arlington, Oregon.

The nearest transfer station is the NW Portland location:
http://www.oregonmetro.gov/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=570

"BBM" = Bolded By Me

That's the only day she's ever taken Kyron to school?? I did not know that.

I don't think there has been anything to confirm that this is the only time she took Kyron to school. In fact, everything I've seen and read points to her being very actively involved in his school life and there frequently. It was stated that he usually takes the bus home in the afternoon.

Until people are cleared my compassion goes to the actual victim. That way I don't get side tracked by the faux tears etc. I'd be silly to ignore the big white elephant in the room. I understand there are rules here and completely understand why and back those up. All I'm saying is people aren't bad just for wondering about the obvious. :)

Do any of us????

I have not seen it confirmed anywhere that:

This was the only day she brought him to school
That Kyron had an appointment
That Kyron was suppose to be in the talent show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors