OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to catch up at the same time trying to stay current, but I wanted to state this to those who beleive that if Kyron is in the woods he is likely dead or will be soon. During the time of the earthquake in Haiti a teenager was found alive after being injured and trapped for 15 days. The fact that it is has been raining there is good he can drink rain water. there is still hope if he did wander off. Here is a link to the article... BTW they had called off the search for survivors 4 days earlier.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/HaitiEarthquake/girls-15-day-wait-haiti-rubble-raises-questions/story?id=9691529

I read that he's an industrial engineer and attended the University of Washington. I got the impression that he designs and troubleshoots large scale computer operations in some manner.

That's what I thought. Do you recall where you read that? Thanks for this info, by the way.

2jeok7r.jpg

Thanks for putting that up mamaeb.

I was just thinking that this pic of Kyron would be the one most resembling the kid in the car. The eyebrows look similar to me - as does everything else really.

I guess the news crew could have recorded the car without really looking or caring about who was in it - just for footage.

It is hard to imagine that it could be him - so out in the open like that - but I suppose anything is possible.

Could someone be kind enough to pm me how to quote from more than one post and how to snip a post? Thanks! Gabby & kokopelli, I agree with everything you've written. I don't think it is a coincidence this happened during the fair. The "isolated incident" also made me think this was a kidnapping for reasons other than a sexual predator. How could they foreclose the possibility it was a stranger abduction when they haven't found him yet and its been almost 7 days?? Etc. Etc.

What I bolded is why I've been lurkin' more and sleuthin' less. There is a slim possibility that the LE doesn't know what they are doing, so I'm negating that as I don't think that's possible. So, I believe they DO know what they are doing and hopefully things pan out fast. They did remark "end of the week," didn't they? Well, I wonder if things changed today ORRRRR they MEAN IT when they say "end of the week."

Thanks for putting that up mamaeb.

I was just thinking that this pic of Kyron would be the one most resembling the kid in the car. The eyebrows look similar to me - as does everything else really.

I guess the news crew could have recorded the car without really looking or caring about who was in it - just for footage.

It is hard to imagine that it could be him - so out in the open like that - but I suppose anything is possible.

Seriously, the car was freaky.... I wouldn't discount a thing!

I followed a case on WS where a little girl in Oregon wandered away from her home,and got lost in the woods. A brilliant LEO thought to get a tape of her grandmother's voice,telling the little girl that they were all looking for her,that they would soon find her,and for her not to be afraid... And they played the tape loudly when the choppers were up in the air.They did find her,and she said that she was sooo glad when she heard her grandma's voice coming from the helicopters. Is it worth a try at least ? Or,does LE not believe that Kyron wandered off by himself ?

They did the same thing for Nadia in Florida. They also left water bottles and notes from her classmates telling her they were looking for her and to stay right were she found the note so they could find her.

at first I thought this was him in the bottom pic.. but I do not think it is?

It does look different than the other photos of him - but I just thought it was cuz of the hood and the closed mouth smile...

Just goes to show I guess - that if it's not Kyron in the coat pic - there are other boys out there who look similar.

They have a criminal profiler on this case and I believe he told them to release Kyron's artwork as a means to humanize him to the kidnapper. I also believe that everything that LE and the family is saying or not saying is also per the direction of the profiler--that would include LE's statements that the family is free to talk yet the family not talking--it's all being done for a reason. One thing that I find startling that makes me think that it's an abduction is that LE has not stated that they are concerned with Kyron being out in the elements for such an extended period especially with the bad weather they had at the beginning--(and if I am wrong feel free to correct me). I also believe there is a strong possibility that the kidnapper knows the family, knows Kyron, possibly had a prior relationship with him (neighbor? babysitter?) and is a woman.

BBM

I'm with ya right up to the bolded part. I don't disagree but am wondering why you feel that way? Hunch? Professional experience? I know you have extensive experience in legal matters so am just curious what you're picking up that I'm missing!

ETA--Sorry--was trying to catch up from earlier this evening and didn't read ahead. You pretty much answered this in other posts.

Wasn't something said on SM facebook about a member of her family being beaten up by a gang, or did I dream that? the reason I asked is because I found this article about ransom kidnappings in the US:
Kidnappings for ransom are reportedly way up in Mexico, and even spilling into nearby U.S. areas, as gangs try to avoid greatly increased anti-drug trafficking enforcement there and obtain more income from alternative criminal ventures.

"Corporate security experts estimate that drug gangs are now responsible for 30 to 50 kidnappings a day in Mexico and that ransoms often run to $300,000 if the victim is returned alive," reports the McClatchy News Service.

Meanwhile, some gangs apparently are increasing the ante in the United States, too, the article states. "Phoenix police investigated more than 350 kidnappings last year, a 40 percent increase from the year before."

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/kidnappings_for_ransom_in_mexico_and_the_us_are_up_significantly/

Could someone be kind enough to pm me how to quote from more than one post and how to snip a post? Thanks! Gabby & kokopelli, I agree with everything you've written. I don't think it is a coincidence this happened during the fair. The "isolated incident" also made me think this was a kidnapping for reasons other than a sexual predator. How could they foreclose the possibility it was a stranger abduction when they haven't found him yet and its been almost 7 days?? Etc. Etc.

You can quote more than one post by using the function just to the right of the quote function. :)

And we snip a post just by deleting the part we don't want to highlight.

Wasn't something said on SM facebook about a member of her family being beaten up by a gang, or did I dream that? the reason I asked is because I found this article about ransom kidnappings in the US:
Kidnappings for ransom are reportedly way up in Mexico, and even spilling into nearby U.S. areas, as gangs try to avoid greatly increased anti-drug trafficking enforcement there and obtain more income from alternative criminal ventures.

"Corporate security experts estimate that drug gangs are now responsible for 30 to 50 kidnappings a day in Mexico and that ransoms often run to $300,000 if the victim is returned alive," reports the McClatchy News Service.

Meanwhile, some gangs apparently are increasing the ante in the United States, too, the article states. "Phoenix police investigated more than 350 kidnappings last year, a 40 percent increase from the year before."

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/kidnappings_for_ransom_in_mexico_and_the_us_are_up_significantly/

yes she claimed that in roseville, ca on the 1st her cousin and the cousin's husband(or boyfriend) were jumped

That's what I thought. Do you recall where you read that? Thanks for this info, by the way.

I do know...I've read his resume. He seems to have an extensive background, but I'm not sure if I can post the info. Do you want me to PM the link to it?? Perhaps you can decide if it can be posted or not.

Does anyone have a pic of Kyron with his mouth closed...kinda like the child in the car?

WOW.. certainly resembles him!

I found an article that stated that because of the current finacial crisis kidnapping for ransom is up, it stated that “From our experience, kidnapping-for-ransom is at an all-time high — it’s literally a pandemic, and with the current financial crisis, even criminals are getting desperate. Business owners, professionals, political figures, religious leaders, executives, and their families have all become targets and no one feels safe.”
http://eon.businesswire.com/portal/site/eon/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090714005210&newsLang=en

So apparently this is not just a made for TV scenerio, its really happening, although this may not be the case in Kyrons case, it might be just the same.

Ohh... Butterfly... I thought your signature said "Al Gore" but it was "At it's core". Time for bed for me! lol (We're gonna find you Kyron... light the way...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member