OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am just a cynic who can't sleep, but I'm not sure I believe what kids say at this point about something causing so much excitement. So I am taking the latest with a grain of salt and can only imagine all of the stories LE had to plow through taking statements from 7-year olds. I am sure they all want to be the one to help. I hate that the grandmother disobeyed LE and not buying her reasons at all. But that is just me.

CARD team was also on scene for Kayleah, as well as Nadia, so I am not putting much on that either. I still think LE is not sure what they have and are taking all kinds of precautions and that trying to read between the lines of every single sentence they say or don't say is futile. I think they are keeping all possibilities in mind as they continue to search and yet also continue to keep mum about other scenarios.

I guess we will all just have to wait for news. The more they leave us hanging, the more they have us thinking up new possibilities, IMO.

I won't quote my own thread, but I posted earlier about my feeling that Kyron's case is one revolving around a kidnapping and ransom. But, I feel that I need to clarify that a little as I don't necessarily feel those terms adequately describe the "vibe", so to speak, I'm getting about this case.

I strongly feel Kyron did not wander off. And, if I am wrong and he did go off looking for a tree frog, moss, or something else, I feel as though he was abducted along the way. But, generally speaking, I don't think that is the case. LE has stated that they feel Kyron's situation is an isolated incident. I believe that only because I feel as though Kyron was targeted specifically. That is not to say that I don't think this same scenario could play out involving another child. I think he was both a target and seen as an opportunity. I also feel that he does know his abductor. This is either someone known to him, in my belief, in a casual way. More specifically, this is someone he is aquainted enough with to leave the school grounds with -- either a minor or a female (or a combination therein). And, thus, this is someone who wouldn't particularly stand out in a school during an event such as a science fair. In my opinion, this is also why LE (and possibly the family -- I do not feel the immediate family is suspect) may be "speaking" to the abductor during press conferences as well as during their investigation. I don't necessarily feel the kidnapper is looking for money. I think it's something more nefariousthan that. Either something has happened in their lives to trigger them to want to take a child or this has something to do with a vendetta, real or fictitious. While money may play a part, I don't get the feeling that it is the basis for the "ransom."

The fact that we would potentially be dealing with a minor or a woman gives me hope that Kyron is still alive. I feel women or juveniles are more apt to keep the child alive and safe than a male predator. I can be wrong (and have been in the past), but this is just the general feel I get for the case. There are many scenarios. Did this woman or minor feel that she was possibly in a relationship with the bio-father or the mother's husband? Since I don't think the family is involved, this "romance" would be concocted in her own mind and not reciprocated. If her advances were shot down, is it a stretch to think she would take what is most important to the object of her affection? This is just one scenario among hundreds, but it is one that has not been discussed (some of my other thoughts have been talked about already) and is viable in my mind. Another possibility would be someone linked to the step-mother. Is this potential woman abductor jealous of TH or Kyron's bio-mom? Or, perhaps, it is a female-male team and they are after money, goods, or information? Even if that were the case, my gut would tell me that the woman may keep Kyron alive and care for him. Right now, I am strongly leaning toward the above possibilities.

No matter what, LE is doing all that they feel is necessary to help Kyron. I may not understand or agree with their tactics, but they are the professionals, not me. I also feel the family's every move is being made for them -- perhaps by profilers. I don't get the feeling they are involved at all and, rather, at this point, are as desperate as ever to get their little boy back. I think LE knows more than they're letting on and I think the media may be in on the game. Either way, I hope we can bring Kyron home as soon as possible. He needs to be with his family.

For the LE, FBI, searchers, family, and friends...may God watch over you and precious Kyron. I have hope tonight and just pray that you do not give up on Kyron or his situation. Thank you for all you're doing for Kyron. And, to those of us here, thank you as well. Together, we can help Kyron return to those who love him most.

I've still got 10 pages to catch up on from overnight but I wanted to say thank you for the great post Alison! This to me makes sense and makes me hopeful!

what the???????

Each to their own.....people handle stress in different ways I guess...

I'm afraid I would not be able to go the gym because of the tears I would be crying and the valium someone would have had to give me.....

This little boy has been missing for 7 days hasnt he??

what is going on here??? certainly something we do not know...
I honestly have to say I agree with you.I do not understand this going to the gym.

We tread a fine line revampz, but I am totally on the same page as you.

Some of us have been treading that fine line since Monday. I'm just patiently sitting on my fingers (or trying to anyway) until we can talk about it. I don't think it will be too much longer.

Did anyone see the 11 O'Clock news tonight? I woke up at the tail end of Kyron's spot and so didn't get everything clearly.

{Editing here to say someone close to the case} has decided to say something to the media even tho LE had asked them not to. I think it was just encouragement to the investigation and finding him soon.

Then they interviewed Kyron's good friend, a 3rd grader who talked on and on. Dang, wish I'd had a pencil and paper handy. He talked about Kyron's teacher having a substitute teacher with her that day who was the one who noticed he was not in school. She told the teacher, who pooh poohed it away, saying he is probably in the bathroom. He was a very sharp little guy who talked for several minutes to the reporter.

I'll go see if I can find a newscast article that includes what this boy said and am sorry if you've already discussed that here. Just wanted to post this ASAP xox

ETA: OK, I found a new article, and it was his desk mate talking:

KOIN NEWS
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Hormans-Desk-Mate-Says-Substitute-Noticed-Him/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

Snippet
"Eight-year-old Tanner Pumala says the first person to notice Kyron Horman was missing was a substitute teacher who was taking a head count as the second and third grade class was re-assembling after visiting other classrooms for a science fair at Skyline School last Friday.

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala. . . . ." {more at link}

CORRECTION: It was Kyron's desk mate's grandmother who decided to allow him to talk to the media, not anyone from Kyron's immediate family.

BBM. "...I'm going to leave and she left,"... Does that mean she left for the day?

As per post above ( a few above) I do not agree that if a minor is involved, which is not a scenario I find likely personally, that child would be more likely to be safe...not after all this time. A minor does not have ability and resources to stash a child for 6 days, as well as hide themselves, without setting off another missing youth alert. Not to mention if it was a minor, I think it is more likely that Kyron was harmed, not less likely, either by accident or intent. A 16-yr old, for example, is not going to take a 7-yr old, IMO...

BBM. "...I'm going to leave and she left,"... Does that mean she left for the day?
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...itute-Noticed-Him/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

Pumala's grandmother says F-B-I agents and Multnomah County investigators have asked Pumala and his grandmother not to speak with the media, for reasons they did not divulge

Why would investigators ask her and the grandmother not to speak with media?There is deffinantly more to this story.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...itute-Noticed-Him/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

Pumala's grandmother says F-B-I agents and Multnomah County investigators have asked Pumala and his grandmother not to speak with the media, for reasons they did not divulge

Why would investigators ask her and the grandmother not to speak with media?There is deffinantly more to this story.

If the FBI asked her not to speak to the media.... then the HELLO did she!?!? Does she want to jeopordise any chance of bring this little guy home safely? How she feel if it were here little grandson that was missing and not Kyron? Silly, silly woman!

I'm not excited about the pic of the boy in the car. I think the glasses are the reason for the similarities. I don't think anyone would have looked twice at him if he didn't have glasses on. And how stupid would a perp be to drive right past the school? I mean anything is within the realm of possibilities but the perp was shrewd enough to leave no clues behind (that we know of). To go back to the scene of the crime is unlikely.

They had FBI and other officers stopping vehicles along that route and in the school lot.

Yay for locals!What channel was it hon,FoxNews12?

Yay? Are you serious??????

Pumala's grandmother says F-B-I agents and Multnomah County investigators have asked Pumala and his grandmother not to speak with the media, for reasons they did not divulge. Fuhrur says she decided to allow her grandson talk, in part to keep the missing boy in the public eye.

Son. of. a. *****

:furious:

KOIN NEWS

Snippet
"Eight-year-old Tanner Pumala says the first person to notice Kyron Horman was missing was a substitute teacher who was taking a head count as the second and third grade class was re-assembling after visiting other classrooms for a science fair at Skyline School last Friday.

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala. . . . ." {more at link}

CORRECTION: It was Kyron's desk mate's grandmother who decided to allow him to talk to the media, not anyone from Kyron's immediate family.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

The big clues, IMO, are in the statement from the substitute teacher:
1.) Kyron was missing as the class was reassembling, which to me indicates he went on the walk-through....he was part of someone's head count. She had 5 instead of 6 and he was gone. That means they were reassembling close to 10AM, right, and he was not there any longer.

2.) There is a chance, based on that statement, that a teacher left for the day, right? The day he went missing from the school.....follow me?

I don't know.Maybe she left to go find him and found out something that is why she never alerted the school principle?Apparantly she thought he was at an appointment?I feel there is much more to this story.

Thinking aloud here.... bet they paid granny handsomely for it! MOO!

To keep him in the public eye? This is the number one topic on news and radios shows since Friday. I'm not buying that as a good reason to go against what LE requests.

EXACTLY.

It was to get them in the public eye. OMG I am shaking I'm so angry.

Bad enough this woman took leave of her senses, but as soon as the reporter heard that the freakin' FBI had asked her not divulge anything to the media, he should have thanked her for her time and let it go.

When and what time did she hear(If she heard)from the step mom about an appointment?In the Gym?What was that story?Very confusing.

1.) Kyron was missing as the class was reassembling, which to me indicates he went on the walk-through....he was part of someone's head count. She had 5 instead of 6 and he was gone. That means they were reassembling close to 10AM, right, and he was not there any longer.

2.) There is a chance, based on that statement, that a teacher left for the day, right? The day he went missing from the school.....follow me?

If this sub teacher left for the day, there probably were others also leaving after the science fair. Maybe the school had the extra teachers come in to help just during the science fair time.

Where was the class reassembling?

And about the "public eye" comment the grandmother of the classmate said....that is exactly why LE is holding 2 press conferences a day, even if they have NO COMMENT with just a touch of new info...it's so the media keeps his name/picture in the PUBLIC EYE.

I am sorry. If this information hinders the investigation, gramma should be charged with obstruction. JMO

Not to mention the damage it might due to her grandson being now in the media spotlight.

Absolutely. In fact, I hope they pay her a visit today.

If this sub teacher left for the day, there probably were others also leaving after the science fair. Maybe the school had the extra teachers come in to help just during the science fair time.

Where was the class reassembling?

In reverse order of questions:

After the science fair, the kids were assembled into small groups so they could go to the other classrooms and view the other projects. School had a delayed start of 10AM due to the fair which was 8-10AM. SM last saw Kyron around 8:45AM while he headed down the hall to his class room. LE has been closed mouthed about sightings after that. To me, the substitute teacher's comment indicates he made it on the walk through and disappeared just before school started at 10AM perhaps....and I am assuming they were reassembling in the hallway on the way to the class room or in the classroom.

I am certain there were extra hands on deck for the fair. Either substitutes were brought in for the walk throughs or the teachers (perhaps even Kyron's) were taking some time after the preparation or maybe they had a staff meeting....

I think all of this changes the picture of the morning and indicates a later disappearance time. Again, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966