OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News just said they have searched the school extensively but may go back and do it again. I hope so!

Per news after pc: Quarry Rd is closed off - it is a large area where searchers can gather and spread out from there.

1. Why don't kids sit in the front in car? Because they can be decapitated by the air bag if it deploys.

This law was started by a Doctor that I knew because his infant grandchild was decapitated by an air bag with a 5 mile an hour "crash".

2. Although we have no info, we do have info that there was a sub there.

If and only if the regular teacher did say that about no worries about Kyron not there at head count, then there is something huge wrong.

3. In the Somer T case, the Sheriff said that it was felt it was an isolated incident as well and played down the danger to other children.

It turned out not to be true. Probably the perp didn't kidnap anyone else, he did abuse others. And LE at that time had no clue who the perp was. They thought it was someone else.

4. I see no point on the family coming on the media. It would be a cold day in he** before I would grovel to a perp who cares not one whit about what I want.

5. Even if he could survive eating whatever and drinking whatever, the chances are that he would succumb to hypothermia.

6. My daughter, who worked for years with Sex Offenders with the last stint working with the Civilly C omitted ones, says that if an SO wants a child, s/he will take her/him out of your kitchen if you are sitting in your living room.

7. The problem with putting a first, "non-violent" (I feel it's all violent, but I think you know what I mean) SO's in prison forever is that they then have no reason to keep their vics alive.

SO's don't kill the children because they want to kill; they kill them to destroy any evidence.

Give them a nice island like Alcatraz to live on or something. I don't know what the answer is.

I'm a little surprised at how they've chosen to handle the reporters. The very worst thing you can do is to tell a reporter where NOT to look for a story. It's like paving a yellow brick road for them to follow to right where the story IS. Their local reporters might respect such an arrangement in order to stay in the good graces of LE for future purposes, but this story is not local anymore and outside reporters don't give a rats behind what the local sheriff wants.

Telling these outside reporters not to look "over there" is going to send them to do just that. They need to throw these guys some bones and fairly soon because if not, they will see to it that the whole thing comes out just for the principle of the thing. Reporters are like dogs with a bone - the more you try to keep the bone away the more the dog wants it. And these outside reporters will get it - and not on the sheriff's timetable.

If they are saying no to public searchers - do they have the area blocked off in a two mile radius around the school? If not, how could they stop someone walking around there searching?

You would have to park somewhere, and hop out onto someone's property..

Isn't that an odd place to search? Not really in a "wandered off" vicinity? I could be wrong, just looking at map...

It is a bit odd. Far from school, but close to home.

I'm loving pufnstuf's map.
Navigate to the home and you'll see how relatively close St Helens Road/Hwy 30 is.

Speaking of that map, how freaked out am I about the Jim Kelley report about the white truck now that I see how close he is to the Horman house!
It also gives you an idea how many houses are down in that canyon on the east side of Cornellius Pass Rd. Just not how ratty some of them are.

Did they say they went door to door somewhere?I missed it.I came at the very end.
It was at the very very end.

2nv729w.jpg

I removed the pics of the child
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4p2VK2AYTM

you can watch the video.. at 1:07 you can see.. and press "print screen" on your computer... or ctrl+"print screen" and then paste into your paint or picassa program to see it as a picture.

WOW Mamaeb, The driver wasn't in the enlargement I saw, just the boy with glasses.

That is wild, definitely looks oriental - maybe Vietnamese. The mouth looks overly large, maybe due to large teeth, eh? And so it looks more like a man to me even though the eyes look made up with liner. LOL I'm not very good at this, but your pic gave me a start. ;}

Its an academic program. The International Baccalaureate Program (I B Expo) . The school talked alot about it in their newsletters. Schools here are starting to implement IB programs. I would think this just pertains to the 6 ,7 8th grades and not the elementary students. Its kinda like "gifted" or "advanced" classes.
Thank you very much.

I didnt know much about Intel so I wondered what they do and such, they do so much for the community in including donating to local schools, as refrenced in snip below:

Intel continues to focus its outreach on improving math, science, engineering, and technology education. To this goal, Intel donated approximately USD 6.5 million to Oregon schools and community non-profit organizations in 2009

http://www.intel.com/community/oregon/involved.htm

You would have to park somewhere, and hop out onto someone's property..

You could park at the school and walk back into the woods and search. What I want to know is does LE have it blocked off? I guess they couldn't really block an entire two mile radius.

Its an academic program. The International Baccalaureate Program (I B Expo) . The school talked alot about it in their newsletters. Schools here are starting to implement IB programs. I would think this just pertains to the 6 ,7 8th grades and not the elementary students. Its kinda like "gifted" or "advanced" classes.

The International Baccalauareate program is not really a "gifted" or "advanced" program, although it is designed to be college preparatory. It's just an internationally recognized curriculum that makes it easier for graduates to apply and be accepted to non-US universities as well as US ones. It's very popular in areas with a high percentage of foreign workers (diplomats, NGO staff, business people, etc) since many have children in US schools who are expected to go to college in their own country or another non-US country.

The door-to-door may be to ask questions again, did anyone see anything last Friday, catch people who were not home at each house, etc...I still think they are "fishing" and don't know what is up...

But poster is right about handling media...if there is a story that LE does not want reported and someone gets a hold of it, it may well get out there. Local LE cannot control all reporters, if any.

It looks to me as though LE is worried about not having searched these areas properly sooner...and it is getting to the almost-too-late stage.

I'm a little surprised at how they've chosen to handle the reporters. The very worst thing you can do is to tell a reporter where NOT to look for a story. It's like paving a yellow brick road for them to follow to right where the story IS. Their local reporters might respect such an arrangement in order to stay in the good graces of LE for future purposes, but this story is not local anymore and outside reporters don't give a rats behind what the local sheriff wants.

Telling these outside reporters not to look "over there" is going to send them to do just that. They need to throw these guys some bones and fairly soon because if not, they will see to it that the whole thing comes out just for the principle of the thing. Reporters are like dogs with a bone - the more you try to keep the bone away the more the dog wants it. And these outside reporters will get it - and not on the sheriff's timetable.

Gates warned them several times about "private property" ... and said it with a smile.

I think they got the message. Those who didn't, will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap