OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hwy 30 is directly below (downhill, but North) of the Horman family home.

I am using pufnstuf's map which has key points marked on it.
The link is embedded in that underlined text.

So do they mean they are going door to door at the end of Cornelius Pass where Hwy 30 intersects?

1. Why don't kids sit in the front in car? Because they can be decapitated by the air bag if it deploys.

This law was started by a Doctor that I knew because his infant grandchild was decapitated by an air bag with a 5 mile an hour "crash".

2. Although we have no info, we do have info that there was a sub there.

If and only if the regular teacher did say that about no worries about Kyron not there at head count, then there is something huge wrong.

3. In the Somer T case, the Sheriff said that it was felt it was an isolated incident as well and played down the danger to other children.

It turned out not to be true. Probably the perp didn't kidnap anyone else, he did abuse others. And LE at that time had no clue who the perp was. They thought it was someone else.

4. I see no point on the family coming on the media. It would be a cold day in he** before I would grovel to a perp who cares not one whit about what I want.

5. Even if he could survive eating whatever and drinking whatever, the chances are that he would succumb to hypothermia.

6. My daughter, who worked for years with Sex Offenders with the last stint working with the Civilly C omitted ones, says that if an SO wants a child, s/he will take her/him out of your kitchen if you are sitting in your living room.

7. The problem with putting a first, "non-violent" (I feel it's all violent, but I think you know what I mean) SO's in prison forever is that they then have no reason to keep their vics alive.

SO's don't kill the children because they want to kill; they kill them to destroy any evidence.

Give them a nice island like Alcatraz to live on or something. I don't know what the answer is.
Great post Human, so thanks for that. Got me a :waitasec:

I'm a little surprised at how they've chosen to handle the reporters. The very worst thing you can do is to tell a reporter where NOT to look for a story. It's like paving a yellow brick road for them to follow to right where the story IS. Their local reporters might respect such an arrangement in order to stay in the good graces of LE for future purposes, but this story is not local anymore and outside reporters don't give a rats behind what the local sheriff wants.

Telling these outside reporters not to look "over there" is going to send them to do just that. They need to throw these guys some bones and fairly soon because if not, they will see to it that the whole thing comes out just for the principle of the thing. Reporters are like dogs with a bone - the more you try to keep the bone away the more the dog wants it. And these outside reporters will get it - and not on the sheriff's timetable.

In the Olten case, the reporters were asked to not report (can't remember why). The reporters respected that.

It could be that whatever they report would hurt him, and reporters would agree and would not want to do that no matter what.

It could be they know who it is and want the person to give up info, like with the Olten case. They might not want to scare the person off.

Hence, not saying it's criminal. Don't worry, it's not that big of a deal. You can tell us because it's not criminal.

So, either it's a minor who did this that would believe that, or some really disturbed person who would buy that.

Hwy 30.Is that near the college and where they are searching?

It is NOT near the community college. It's the opposite boundary (north).. the PCC being the southernmost boundary. Ish.

It's all near where they are searching.

I just did a streetview drive by to remind me what is at that intersection of CP Rd and Hwy 30.. as I remembered, not many houses at all.

The door to door comment makes LESS sense now. :(

This isn't the first time they have went door to door. We saw pics of them going in someone's barn or attic and entering their front door.

So do they mean they are going door to door at the end of Cornelius Pass where Hwy 30 intersects?

I don't know how else to interpret it.. Hwy30 is a busy 4 lane. Busy.
But looking again, there are so very few houses fronting down on the highway.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5274889&postcount=564"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8[/ame]

??

fwiw,
2 miles is the radius that a cell phone ping can be traced to....

It is NOT near the community college. It's the opposite boundary (north).. the PCC being the southernmost boundary. Ish.

It's all near where they are searching.

I just did a streetview drive by to remind me what is at that intersection of CP Rd and Hwy 30.. as I remembered, not many houses at all.

The door to door comment makes LESS sense now. :(
Thank you.I'm not familiar with oregon at all.

Boy is it almost 5pm out there...another whole day almost gone and no sign at all. Hard to believe.

I believe if the school had security cameras this would have been solved by now, JMO, you wudda thunk that would be part of the school burgler alarm system JMO

I believe if the school had security cameras this would have been solved by now, JMO, you wudda thunk that would be part of the school burgler alarm system JMO

A lot of sh#t is going to hit the fan over this.

This isn't the first time they have went door to door. We saw pics of them going in someone's barn or attic and entering their front door.
Yes, I'd think those properties right around the school & off Cornellius Pass would be prime territory.

fwiw,
THAT is very interesting too! It was described (oh where?) today as the distance a man could walk (which is crazy, because they can walk further than that, I thought to myself, and we're looking for a boy, not a man).

Thank you.I'm not familiar with oregon at all.
You'll have to come up and visit some time!
I didn't mean to 'read' brusque there.. just trying to stay caught up. :)

fwiw,

Interesting. I keep wondering why they are focusing entirely on a two mile radius. If it were an abduction, it seems that would not be the case unless they had reason to believe the perp dumped his body there -- or Kyron did have a cell phone and they got a ping there.

I don't know - in other missing persons cases, do they always search like this in a small radius from place last seen?

I'm way, way behind but is anyone talking about the perp who tried to kidnap an 11 year old recently in the area and who was arrested, I think Tuesday?

Tony Phipps, happened 20 miles from where Kyron last was.

I know right, my sons school has cameras. I recieved an email once from his school with a video pic of a guy in a suit and tie, that had been going around to all the elementary schools, he hit everyone we have asking about something (of course I cant remember now) and was. told he had to go to the main office for the info from every school, anyhow it wasnt good the sheriff was called in trying to track him down and they also showed a pic of his truck, not real sure what happened with that but I remember he was from Wyoming and we are in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean