OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they not searched around the family home before now??

http://www.ronaldturco.com/

This is his website link. I think I could be interested in Turco's speculative input as to profiling, although, IMO, he does NOT have access to the info LE/FBI has in Kyron's case...so speculation is the operative word ... However, his website does say he's participated in criminal profiling - see the last book in the books section. Hmmmm... IMO

I did a better job snipping this time jbean. :)

Ronald Turco, M.D., is a widely recognized psychiatrist, author and wilderness enthusiast who lives in Portland, Oregon. He is a Diplomate of The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and has served as an Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Oregon Health Sciences University for more than 30 years.

You can look at the photos and tell. His project was set up on his desk.

yes, but I think they are asking to see if they were set up in the classroom first, and then moved to a larger room the following day

Thanks. I still think that car was part of the ones driving in front of and pulling into the school and being stopped by LE; it was bookended by shots of other cars doing just that, it wouldn't make sense to edit in a brief shot of car going up the family's driveway in the midst of all the rest. That it was one of those being stopped also fits into the context of the report.

Seeing how nothing has been confirmed by LE, it is really hard to know what to discuss as fact right now.

The fact that the news says they are looking into ravines does not sound good to me...surely he would not be in a ravine if he is OK...although at this point, I guess we can be hoping for a broken leg, for example...

Dr. Turco concurred. "And he's probably okay, eating an ice cream cone someplace."

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Criminal-profiler-analyzes-Kyron-case-95921749.html

um, kay???

To put that in context:
"People want to know the child is going to be okay and that there will be a happy ending, " said Jensen.

Dr. Turco concurred. "And he's probably okay, eating an ice cream cone someplace."
I think he was saying that people want to believe that he is eating ice cream somewhere.

eyes4crime and Emma--I appreciate your compassionate take on this situation. I can't imagine the stress they are all under right now and we all know exercise is very helpful for stress. Also, maintaining their regular exercise routine not only offers a small piece of familiarity and normalcy, but can help their immune systems stay strong in this very trying time. It's much healthier than drinking alcohol or drugs or other less productive stress-relievers.

I want to take the opportunity to express how wonderful it's been to see so many people, here on websleuths and otherwise, take such an interest in bringing this little guy home safely.

One thing in the news reports that caught my eye...is it usually "natural progression" in a search to dramatically increase the number of searchers after 5-6 days? Don't they start out huge and taper off as days go by in many cases? I just thought that was an odd phrase...and I could be wrong. And I guess it could be due to the terrain they are encountering although surely they must know what the terrain is like in their own area.

Pulling my hair out~ please dear God bring this beautiful baby back home as soon as possible!!!! I am going to be very upset with you if this is not resolved soon. Sorry folks going crazy. The weather seems crappy today here in the Portland area. This weekend is supposed to be in the 80's and sunny though. I think I am losing my mind. Sleeping has been sparse since this has happened. All our candles are lit, we are praying, sending out as much positive energy as we can and my 8 yr old refuses to go to school and I am respecting this as he is very sensitive and very sad for Kyron. I feel so helpless not being able to help out in someway..we are going to go drop off gatorade and granola bars to the Beaverton volunteer drop off site in a bit.

Well, I know for a fact it's rainy and cloudy in Portland today....

I wonder how busy nw cornelious rd is. If he as upset maybe he decided to walk home, not sure how far that is, and not to be seen went through the field and then the woods to cornelious. Possible hit by a car near that curve, got lost in the woods went up and mssed the road, someone found him walking and picked him up.

O/T....but in case anyone has been following this "minor", 16 yo CA teen Abby Sunderland who has been attempting to sail solo around the world since January was reported lost at sea last night. She apparently manually activated 2 emergency beacons and now they are searching for her in the Indian Ocean.

jmoo

KOIN says the next PC is at noon (another at 4)

Here's a pedantic point... the so-called 'science fair' was not necessarily a judging contest like you might normally ascribe to that name. I don't have the exact name to hand, but have seen the morning event called an 'IB Exploration' day or similar.
IB = International Baccalaureate

IB® (International Baccalaureate) is a college-prep course of study offered in two of our high schools. If a student meets all requirements, he/she may be awarded an IB Diploma. This entitles the student to receive credit at some colleges. In addition to our IB high schools, we have four K-8 schools working toward authorization in both the Middle Years Programme and the Primary Years Programme with International Baccalaureate.

Sorry if this question has been answered, I haven't read it posted anywhere. Has the biological mother of Kyron been mentioned at all? Is she alive or deceased or been in normal contact with her son?

Does Kyron have brothers and sisters?

Thank you - that was me.

See, now that doesn't make any sense. Science Fairs are ALWAYS set up in a big room and not in classrooms. First when you put the board on a desk - it takes up way too much room. Second, its easier to centralize the projects for the judges and for the tours - rather than going in and out of classrooms. I think that picture was taken the day before - all the kids brought their projects in - put them on their desks and then were taken "in groups" to the gym to set them up there. I'm probably wrong - but after reading the school's newsletters today - it seems they "got their chit together" when it comes to stuff like this. The gym makes sense. Frees up the classrooms for the kids to have a place to sit. Keeps "visitor" traffic to a minimum - only going in and out of the gym, etc. etc.

Ok - I'll shut up now.......wish we could get some verification of something here!!!

Wasnt there another picture taken that same day of someone else? I thought I just read that in the time line thread. So I do think the photo of Kyron was taken that morning.

The gym does sound more plausible. That is where it was always setup for my children but this school had a different format at the time, I suppose. Maybe they thought it was easier this way and the children wouldn't have to gather up their project and go back to their rooms with it and it would already be in the room.

Since this school now seems to be making some changes in their security measures it shows me the ones they had in place were almost non existent or they wouldn't have to change how they do things.

Someone mentioned that he was wearing a CSI shirt. That I did not find odd. Forensics is a part of science and other children there probably had a forensic science project for their display. While long ago children wouldn't have even been interested in this type of science but it is so much in our daily news these days that children even young ones are aware of it.

IMO

The lead FBI agent described the case as "unique " .... Very telling ; I do not think it is a case of Kyron wandering into the woods, of Kyron being taken by a sexual predator, of Kyron being harmed in the woods by an older child or adult. None of those things would make the case unique, IMO.

Whatever is left,after a lot of common scenarios have been speculated on, is what likely happened. In other words, something waaay out of the ordinary happened here.

O/T....but in case anyone has been following this "minor", 16 yo CA teen Abby Sunderland who has been attempting to sail solo around the world since January was reported lost at sea last night. She apparently manually activated 2 emergency beacons and now they are searching for her in the Indian Ocean.

jmoo

Oh no :(

Hey swag, I too thought it was odd that the displays were in individual classrooms that would need to be "toured" rather than the gymnasium. I just chalked it up to it being a smaller school in a smaller community. They seem to do a lot of things diferently than the larger city schools.

The photo of Kyron wearing the CSI tee-shirt in front of his display shows his clasroom full to overfowing with his and other displays. I agree, the gymnasium would have afforded more room and it was not the decision I would have made, but who am I to say.

It's been awfully rainy there lately - if it was set up in the gym, it would have disrupted recess, lunch, afternooon breaks etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member