GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So which "date" - 4/1, 4/15 or 4/29?
Tomorrow- 4/1. Just checked OJD. Nothing new that I spot... I have to rely on it or sources in the Portland area, since I'm no longer near it. I'm 650 miles away. Even Ken doesn't always get regular updates, and when he does, it's from the detective or me. Hoping that we hear something tomorrow. I've asked friends and family up there to let me know if they hear something.

Tomorrow- 4/1. Just checked OJD. Nothing new that I spot... I have to rely on it or sources in the Portland area, since I'm no longer near it. I'm 650 miles away. Even Ken doesn't always get regular updates, and when he does, it's from the detective or me. Hoping that we hear something tomorrow. I've asked friends and family up there to let me know if they hear something.

Okay - I won't post anything yet for today - I'll wait & see what you come up with.

OJD is down again. I just got the message that the service is unavailable. I've been checking almost daily for updates. Looks like nothing may be happening until May. It's so frustrating, I wish that they'd post updates...

Good thing that I've still been checking OJD daily, despite the lack of news> Today I just saw posted that there is a Case Management Hearing this Friday- 4/22 @9am.
  • 04/22/2022 Hearing - Case Management

Judicial Officer(s)
    Ramras, Christopher, Ramras, Christopher

Hearing Time
    09:00 AM

OJD has been kinda wonky for me the last couple of days, but I was able to get on this evening to find out that tomorrow's hearing has been rescheduled for Monday 4/25 @1:30pm. Looks like maybe it was mutual?
  • 04/22/2022 Hearing - Case Management

Judicial Officer(s)

Hearing Time
    09:00 AM

Cancel Reason
    Stipulated by Parties

• 04/25/2022 Hearing - Case Management

Judicial Officer(s)

Hearing Time
    01:30 PM

• Comment
    Rescheduled from 4/22/2022/Dates

Monday, April 25th:
*Case Management Hearing (both cases) (@ 1:30pm PT) - OR – Mark Jeffrey Dribin (42) (last seen July 3, 1999, Portland, reported missing July 6, 1999; has not been found) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (32 @ time of crime/52/now 53) indicted (4/30/20), arrested (5/4/20 by U.S. Marshalls), charged (5/4/20) & arraigned (5/5/20) with 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Forensic Genetic Genealogy match.
*OR – Kenneth Lee Griffin (53) (last seen Feb. 1, 2020 & reported missing on Feb. 2, 2020, Portland, found May 19, 2020 in Lovrien’s shed) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (52/now 53) charged (3/10/21), indicted (4/30/20), re-indicted (3/10/21) & arraigned (3/11/21) with 2nd degree murder, abuse of a corpse & 6 counts of being a felon in possession of firearms. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 2/28/22 continued to 9/30/22 with jury selection (at 8:30am) 12-person jury. Trial begins on 10/3/22.
Dribin: Court info from 5/5/20 thru 3/2/21 & Griffin: Court info from 3/16/21 reference post #462 here:
Still Missing - OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *ARREST*

3/16/21 Update: Next motions hearing on 4/15/21. 4/15/21 Update: Motions hearing rescheduled on 4/20/21. 4/20/21 Update: Next hearing on 5/4/21. 4/20/21 Update: A 2nd defense attorney was added to the team today. Order - Appointing Counsel Attorney: Scott Niebling as second chair w/current attorney Joe Calhoun.
5/4/21 Update: Trial scheduled for 2/28/22 has been cancelled. Motion hearing on 5/23/22 @ 9am will cover pretrial motions; transport ordered. Motions due 4/1/22. Responses due 4/15/22. Replies due 4/29/22. Motions hearing on 9/16/22 @ 9am will cover Jury questionnaire; hearing transport; ordered proposed questionnaires due 9/9/22. And motions hearing on 9/30/22 @ 8:30am regarding special Jury panel summons. Next pretrial motions hearing on 5/23/22. 3/23/22: Motion-Appoint Counsel.

3/28/22: Lead attorney Ryan E. Scott retained. 4/19/22 Update: Next case management hearing on 4/22/22. 4/22/22 Update: Case management hearing on 4/22/22 has been rescheduled on 4/25/22 @ 1:30pm.

Okay, so the hearing was held. Perhaps the reason that I couldn't get onto OJD to refresh in the last couple of hours is that they were updating it. There is something new to add about severing hearing on 6/6/22. Maybe that means that they want to try him separately for each case? I'll post the screenshots:
04/25/2022 Hearing - Case Management

Original Type
Hearing - Case Management

Judicial Officer(s)

Hearing Time

Result
Held

Comment

Parties Present
Plaintiff: State of Oregon

Deputy District Attorney: SNOWDEN, KIRSTEN MEREDITH

Defendant: Lovrien, Christopher Charles

Privately Retained: Scott, Ryan E
  • 04/25/2022 Order - Postponement

Judicial Officer
    Ramras, Christopher

Comment
    Sever hearing 6/6/22

Last edited:
Ken just called me. He's doing okay. He confirmed a few things that we already suspected: 1) Lovrien sold his house 2) He's using that money to hire a new lawyer and 3) they (Lovrien's defense?) want to sever the cases, so two separate trials if they judge agrees. We think that his chances of conviction might be higher if they don't separate the cases. He'll let me know when he hears from the Victim's Advocate.

Okay, so the hearing was held. Perhaps the reason that I couldn't get onto OJD to refresh in the last couple of hours is that they were updating it. There is something new to add about severing hearing on 6/6/22. Maybe that means that they want to try him separately for each case? I'll post the screenshots:
04/25/2022 Hearing - Case Management

Original Type
Hearing - Case Management

Judicial Officer(s)

Hearing Time

Result
Held

Comment

Parties Present
Plaintiff: State of Oregon

Deputy District Attorney: SNOWDEN, KIRSTEN MEREDITH

Defendant: Lovrien, Christopher Charles

Privately Retained: Scott, Ryan E
  • 04/25/2022 Order - Postponement

Judicial Officer
    Ramras, Christopher

Comment
    Sever hearing 6/6/22

So... no motions hearing on 5/23/22? Doesn't look like it from what you posted. I'll go ahead & put him on 6/6/22.

Ken just called me. He's doing okay. He confirmed a few things that we already suspected: 1) Lovrien sold his house 2) He's using that money to hire a new lawyer and 3) they (Lovrien's defense?) want to sever the cases, so two separate trials if they judge agrees. We think that his chances of conviction might be higher if they don't separate the cases. He'll let me know when he hears from the Victim's Advocate.
I wonder if they've consulted with the Griffin family to see how they feel about it?

Update: Ken called me again this evening. He talked to the Victim's Advocate. So apparently since Lovrien hired a new lawyer who has to get up to speed, the trial probably won't happen this Fall and will be pushed out to next year. It also probably means that the dates posted for 4/29 and 5/23 are moot. The one date that is valid is 6/6/2022 for the Severing Hearing to determine whether there will be one trial or two. Also the Griffin family does want to talk with Ken.
And this as of yesterday...
  • 04/26/2022 Order - Appointing Counsel

Judicial Officer
    Ramras, Christopher

Comment
    Attorney: Philips as co-counsel

So it looks like the actual motion to sever was filed on 5/6. Didn't see it then, they must have just updated it, but the actual hearing on it will be on 6/6, not sure if the 5/23 hearing is still happening. I'll keep checking.

5/23 hearing is officially cancelled , so onto the next one on 6/6.
Cancel Reason
Stipulated by Parties
I just zipped up to Portland and back in the last couple of days, but no time to think about this trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54
Back