DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oregon brothers launch anti-Bundy fundraising campaign
By Kelly House | The Oregonian/OregonLive
on January 17, 2016 at 10:05 AM, updated January 17, 2016 at 11:59 AM

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/oregon_brothers_launch_anti-bu.html
BURNS—Critics of Ammon Bundy and his followers occupying the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge have launched a protest designed to line the pocketbooks of Bundy's opponents.

The campaign, founded by a pair of brothers from Oregon, is known as G.O.H.O.M.E, an acronym that stands for Getting the Occupiers of Historic Oregon Malheur Evicted.

Brothers Zach and Jake Klonoski launched the fundraiser Sunday. They hope to convince Bundy and crew to leave by collecting money for groups whose mission is antithetical to the occupiers' beliefs. Recipients of the donations include a gun control campaign, a group that supports the wildlife refuge the occupiers want to privatize, an organization that has labeled Bundy and company as extremists, and the Native American tribe whose members claim the refuge as their ancestral land.

The fundraising campaign will continue as long as the occupation does.​

That's a group I wouldn't mind donating to!

Lol. I love a good conspiracy theory. So deal me in. Lol.

But in all honesty. I think that Kanye West was originally involved with the takeover to help hide his intent to disrupt the Good Americans. Lol

Just kidding and just simply saying hello to the thread. So please don't mind me.

image.gif

Militant Says Foster Children Were Pulled From His Home

“That was my main source of income,”

Ok wait. I had to wrap my head around this.

I don't know much about foster parenting, but isn't the money they receive supposed to go primarily to support the child, not the parent?

I never knew foster parenting could be an actual income-generating career all on its own.*

I hope someone who knows more about the topic can educate me.

*ETA: Here in San Diego a local mattress dealer, Sleep Train, is continually running radio commercials asking people to donate things for foster children like shoes, pajamas, and school supplies. It leaves the impression that foster parents can't afford much for the children. I would think a stipend of $100K could provide a lot, even for 8 children.

I don't know much about foster parenting, but isn't the money they receive supposed to go primarily to support the child, not the parent?

I never knew foster parenting could be an actual income-generating career all on its own.

Some people use it that way. The money the foster parents receive is supposed to used on the children, but not everyone does that and unfortunately the system is so overwhelmed they're able to get away with it.

If someone took a child in my care, no matter what the legal relationship, my reaction would never, ever be about how it would affect me financially.

Of course I would never leave my family behind so I could go break the law on a militia adventure.

This is what Tarp Guy was making:
That represents an enormous loss of income for the Finicums. According to a 2010 tax filing, Catholic Charities paid the family $115,343 to foster children in 2009. That year, foster parents were compensated between $22.31 and $37.49 per child, per day, meaning if the Finicums were paid at the maximum rate, they cared for, on average, eight children per day in 2009.

I never knew foster parenting could be an actual income-generating career all on its own.*

*ETA: Here in San Diego a local mattress dealer, Sleep Train, is continually running radio commercials asking people to donate things for foster children like shoes, pajamas, and school supplies. It leaves the impression that foster parents can't afford much for the children. I would think a stipend of $100K could provide a lot, even for 8 children.

I think it depends on if you are using that stipend for your foster children or for personal income. And we have it straight from the donkey's mouth......foster care FRAUD on top of all the other crimes. What a total PsOS this guy and his buddies are.

AND YET.....free as birds....oh the irony....

I think it depends on if you are using that stipend for your foster children or for personal income. And we have it straight from the donkey's mouth......foster care FRAUD on top of all the other crimes. What a total PsOS this guy and his buddies are.

AND YET.....free as birds....oh the irony....

Where are the fathers?!

Where are the fathers?!

Why, they are begging for snack and undies whilst committing untold felonies, most of which are federal crimes! It is an epidemic, I tell ya, of fathers leaving their families.......ahem.

You (the generic you, no one in particular) know what else is weird?

These (self mod snipped)s are claiming the wildlife refuge in the name of "the people."

Yet they won't allow most of "the people" onto it.

[self mod snipping] [self mod snippers]. [self mod snip them].

His main source of income. That's why it was so easy to leave them behind when he went to Constitution Camp.

OMG! Cry me a river!! His main source of income? Foster children are not meant to be INCOME! The money received is SUPPOSED to be to care for the children? Not as family income! :gaah::maddening:

Whenever I visit this thread now, Minnie the Moocher gets stuck in my head. Hi-dee hi-dee hi-dee hi......

Militant Cited For Driving Without License After Van Overturns
by John Sepulvado and Amelia Templeton OPB | Jan. 17, 2016 11:45 a.m.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...s/militant-van-cited-driving-without-license/

Local residents have told OPB that the county has stopped plowing and de-icing roads in some areas since militants took the refuge, although county officials haven’t confirmed whether maintenance has changed.

The militants are obviously there only to make life easier for the locals.

Hope no one else has an accident because the standoff made road maintenance impossible

Some people use it that way. The money the foster parents receive is supposed to used on the children, but not everyone does that and unfortunately the system is so overwhelmed they're able to get away with it.

If someone took a child in my care, no matter what the legal relationship, my reaction would never, ever be about how it would affect me financially.

Of course I would never leave my family behind so I could go break the law on a militia adventure.

This is what Tarp Guy was making:

Types of foster care payments:

https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0500830410

The militants are obviously there only to make life easier for the locals.

Hope no one else has an accident because the standoff made road maintenance impossible

For the record, Hines is on the west side of Burns (the Refuge is on the SE), so these areas would be 35+ miles from one another. The road where the accident occurred would have been plowed (no salt for roads in Oregon) and/or chains would have been required (ticketable offense if no chains on vehicle). But if the conditions were bad in that stretch (one of only 3 major roads W-E through Oregon), they must be atrocious out near the refuge if no plowing or sanding is taking place. It's very very exposed there (from that tower you can see for miles 'cos there's very little contour in the landscape).

The most delicious thing is visualizing these know-nothings in their cotton clothing, jeans, no rain gear, a recipe for very fast hypothermia. These guys are not used to being outside in any kind of "conditions". "Ranchers"? Bwahaha! :floorlaugh:

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/why-cotton-kills-a-technical-explanation-1688286083

I grew up in the warm, humid South and distinctly remember my first "real" (18") snow day while living in NC. I bundled my then-toddler in proper snow gear and boots, and accompanied her out to play, clad in jeans and sweater over longjohns. All cotton.

Boy howdy. Did I ever learn fast about the absorbent properties of cotton! Baby girl was just fine, momma was a popsicle in about 30 mins. :gasp:

In my defense, I am not, nor have I ever claimed to be, a rugged survivalist. Although one time I did sleep on 300 tc sheets...*shudder*

For the record, Hines is on the west side of Burns (the Refuge is on the SE), so these areas would be 35+ miles from one another. The road where the accident occurred would have been plowed (no salt for roads in Oregon) and/or chains would have been required (ticketable offense if no chains on vehicle). But if the conditions were bad in that stretch (one of only 3 major roads W-E through Oregon), they must be atrocious out near the refuge if no plowing or sanding is taking place. It's very very exposed there (from that tower you can see for miles 'cos there's very little contour in the landscape).

The most delicious thing is visualizing these know-nothings in their cotton clothing, jeans, no rain gear, a recipe for very fast hypothermia. These guys are not used to being outside in any kind of "conditions". "Ranchers"? Bwahaha! :floorlaugh:

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/why-cotton-kills-a-technical-explanation-1688286083

From your link:

Assume that the payment made to the provider of foster care is to meet the needs of the individual in care and, thus, is not income to the provider, absent evidence to the contrary.

So by making a statement in which he refers to those payments as "income", can Tarpman be charged with fraud?

Although frankly, it appears he and his cronies are all getting away with much bigger crimes without so much as a wagging finger.
*sigh*

Oh oh! I feel a Mad Men party at flourish's house coming on! Maybe to celebrate if these people ever leave my dang state!
Ooo ooooo! Can I be Joan? It would involve some creative work in the chestular region, but, still...........

BTW...after reading about LARPers, I asked a couple of friends who are involved in SCA if the two were kind of the same thing and received a scathing "no". Did not get a more detailed explanation, tho, since it was via FB messages.....

From your link:

So by making a statement in which he refers to those payments as "income", can Tarpman be charged with fraud?

Although frankly, it appears he and his cronies are all getting away with much bigger crimes without so much as a wagging finger.
*sigh*

Did you notice there is more than one type of payment? Some are specifically earmarked to meet the needs of the child and some are NOT earmarked as such. That's why I posted the link. I would imagine most people don't realize that. I know I didn't. I can't copy and paste a portion of the link (that says that) but perhaps you can. It might be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop