OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the SM posts, and the "manifesto", has anyone read where he posted fiction on the web?

Chris Mintz is trending on Twitter. The killer isn't.

:loser:

Yayy!!!!!

https://gma.yahoo.com/hero-umpqua-c...z-speaks-154937626--abc-news-topstories.html#

The student and Army veteran who witnesses say charged the shooter at a community college in Oregon is alert and awake at the hospital as he recovers.
Chris Mintz, 30, was shot seven times during the Thursday rampage, but he says his main concern is about the others who were injured.
"I just hope that everyone else is OK," he told ABC News this morning.
"I'm just worried about everyone else.”

Oh, poor guy. I guess he has not been made aware of the deaths.

I want to be polite, but REALLY?

Please link a MSM article stating this crime was related to the murderer's autism.

Thank you.

I am so sorry if offended anyone with my post. I had no link last night to any resource that the shooter in Oregon had any sort of autism spectrum disorder, and still don't, and just posted from a websleuth profiler stance. There are too many of the mass shootings profiles in the past 5 years that do show some similar traits with the offender was all I was trying to bring up in the discussion. I am sorry if I offended anyone, and really wanted to delete the post, but saw it had been copied and replied to it already, so realized it would do no good. I also realize it is the first post I have ever seen on websleuths that got zero thanks, for what it's worth.

This shooter was so odd and full of contradictions. I find it fascinating that he identifies as 'mixed race' and yet he had lots of Nazi memorabilia in his hovel. And it has been reported that he was extremely close to his mother, who was recently heard crying uncontrollably. And yet he said he 'had a problem' with blacks. His mother was his closest and most supportive person and she is black. So he seemed to reject the one person who loved him and was always there for him. And rejected himself ultimately.

I also realize it is the first post I have ever seen on websleuths that got zero thanks, for what it's worth.

You'll get used to it, I have over 1000 of those just for myself. lol

I am so sorry if offended anyone with my post. I had no link last night to any resource that the shooter in Oregon had any sort of autism spectrum disorder, and still don't, and just posted from a websleuth profiler stance. There are too many of the mass shootings profiles in the past 5 years that do show some similar traits with the offender was all I was trying to bring up in the discussion. I am sorry if I offended anyone, and really wanted to delete the post, but saw it had been copied and replied to it already, so realized it would do no good. I also realize it is the first post I have ever seen on websleuths that got zero thanks, for what it's worth.

Hey, please don't sweat it. I came off as harsh.

I have a child with a LD and have taught many little ones on the spectrum and I get kind of prickly when some guy goes on a rampage and Asperger's or ADHD, etc gets blamed.

I apologize for making you feel bad, it is just something very dear to my heart and so VERY often misrepresented in the media. Especially in cases like these.

I have a child with a LD and have taught many little ones on the spectrum and I get kind of prickly when some guy goes on a rampage and Asperger's or ADHD, etc gets blamed.

I apologize for making you feel bad, it is just something very dear to my heart and so VERY often misrepresented in the media. Especially in cases like these.

We cannot blame Aspergers for this creep's violence. But I do think that being 'on the spectrum' does come into play in some of these shooting sprees. And I think it is because the individuals feel isolated, lonely and ultimately very angry. We have seen that in several recent shooting sprees. We need to find a way to make them feel more integrated and more accepted. JMO

[ Adam Lanza, Elliot Rodgers are two recent examples]

It works just fine in airports. When was the last time there was a mass shooting behind the TSA lines in an airport? It works just fine in entire countries outside the US.

Couple years ago. LAX.

Needed to go back and find this because the more I thought about the idea of "References" the more I liked it- and since I don't think I had heard this simple idea before I wanted to give you and your husband full credit for being brilliant.

As soon as everyone's on board with references, background checks, photo IDs, and waiting periods for exercising other constitutionally protected rights -- e.g., free speech, voting, abortion, etc. -- I might be willing to consider such a proposal.

Thank you, EllieBee! :)People with disabilities are often misrepresented in the media.

Thanks for being so understanding. It is amazing how social media can make you feel the same way as the feelings you get being criticized in real life person-to-person situations.

I work with students with behavioral disorders and autism and have had to deal with ADHD issues with my own son (it is a unique experience sitting on the other side of the table).

I just want to make sure the commonalities of these shooters are recognized and how we can early recognize the symptoms, get the right treatment, and prevent it.

Thank you! We had even talked about having to meet with a doctor who says you are ok, but that seemed like it was getting into iffy territory with medical records and stuff. I figure if you can come up with 3-5 people who would vouch for your stability that owning a gun shouldn't likely be a problem. Perhaps you could get a clearance license to purchase guns, and after "x" number of years you would have to renew this, as mental stability can change.

No. If it's too burdensome for some people to show a photo ID to exercise their right to vote... If it's too burdensome for a woman to wait a couple-three days before having an abortion..... it's waaaaaaay too burdensome to make people go through that before buying a gun. Constitutionally protected rights are just that. They are not permitted to be burdened out of existence.

Thank you, EllieBee! :)People with disabilities are often misrepresented in the media.

Thanks for being so understanding. It is amazing how social media can make you feel the same way as the feelings you get being criticized in real life person-to-person situations.

I work with students with behavioral disorders and autism and have had to deal with ADHD issues with my own son (it is a unique experience sitting on the other side of the table).

I just want to make sure the commonalities of these shooters are recognized and how we can early recognize the symptoms, get the right treatment, and prevent it.

Wow! The "sitting on the other side of the table" illustration is one I use often!!!!

In fact, it often helps during conferences to share with parents your own struggles. Also, my own experience parenting has taught me that the kiddos that are the hardest to love are the ones who most need love.

(((Hugs, Jabarn)))

Bringing things back to on topic:

People who commit these types of crimes are mentally ill. Asperger's is not classified as a mental illness, nor is ADHD.

No. If it's too burdensome for some people to show a photo ID to exercise their right to vote... If it's too burdensome for a woman to wait a couple-three days before having an abortion..... it's waaaaaaay too burdensome to make people go through that before buying a gun. Constitutionally protected rights are just that. They are not permitted to be burdened out of existence.

This would be the same constitution that has had 33 amendments?

Both of my grandparents gave up their driver's licenses voluntarily when they got to an age they felt they were perhaps not as sharp behind the wheel as they should be.

Nobody took away their right to drive. They probably could have still passed the driving test.

They cared more about what was safe and best for the community than stubbornly holding onto their "rights".

But what did they know?

Wow! The "sitting on the other side of the table" illustration is one I use often!!!!

In fact, it often helps during conferences to share with parents your own struggles. Also, my own experience parenting has taught me that the kiddos that are the hardest to love are the ones who most need love.

(((Hugs, Jabarn)))

Bringing things back to on topic:

People who commit these types of crimes are mentally ill. Asperger's is not classified as a mental illness, nor is ADHD.

Aspergers is not a mental illness. But in some cases it can lead to depression, severe loneliness and feelings of isolation. It is important that those closest keep an eye out so those with Aspergers do not sit alone in a basement ranting on 4-chan.

'' as documented by the press'' is where things get murky. The press knows if they throw the word ' school ' into the report, it will get a lot more attention. Sad day...

The media love school shootings. They classify everything they possibly can as a school shooting.

So, how much time will you have when he kicks in your door and shoots you dead?

Would it surprise you to learn that lots and lots of people every year use their everyday carry gun to defend themselves against exactly that sort of scenario? They do. Just because you have trouble imagining it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Only in movies and video games. Not in real life.

[video=youtube;8QjZY3WiO9s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s[/video]

Right. Because everyone who carries a gun is always wearing ridiculous gloves like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member