OR - PRESIDENTIAL PARDON - Militia members occupy federal building in Oregon after protest #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Occupier who feds say dug trench for feces, disturbed sacred artifacts faces charges

A Montana man accused of disturbing a sacred Burns Paiute archeological site by using heavy equipment to dig a giant latrine for protesters became the 26th person charged publicly in the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

A judge on Monday unsealed the name of Jake Ryan that had been concealed in an indictment filed March 8 in U.S. District Court in Oregon.

Ryan and fellow occupier Travis Cox are the only two of the 26 defendants who haven't been arrested, said Assistant U.S. Attorney Craig Gabriel.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/occupier_who_feds_say_dug_tren.html

Willingham at the refuge removing the cameras.

[video=youtube;dvCAxGmDq9k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvCAxGmDq9k[/video]

$1500 cameras? Noway they were leaving without those when they found that out. That is where their criminal backgrounds come in. I don't think a single one of them does not already have a criminal background. They will turn right around and use it after criticizing the Government.

This is from this morning. Reads from bottom up:

Maxine Bernstein
5m5 minutes ago
Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian
Ryan Bundy asked if he could seek counsel at a later date/judge said likely but can't guarantee if gets too close to trial #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
7m7 minutes ago
Ryan Bundy asks if standby counsel can write motions in his behalf & if attorney/client privilege applies-judge says yes #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
9m9 minutes ago
Victoria Sharp was back in fed court to support Ryan Bundy; he winked at her and mouthed to her, 'Are you OK?' #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
10m10 minutes ago
Ryan Bundy respectful, well-spoken in court, addressing judge 'Your Honor' consistently and thanking her for her advice #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
11m11 minutes ago
Ryan Bundy adamant: 'I need to be able to speak when the time is right.' #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
12m12 minutes ago
Ryan Bundy told court he has not 'had any mental illness or anything of the sort' when asked by the judge #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
12m12 minutes ago
Ryan Bundy said he's represented himself in past, minor cases; Judge Brown found he made decision voluntarily & knowingly #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
14m14 minutes ago
Defense lawyer Andrew Bates withdrew as Ryan Bundy's lawyer; Lisa Ludwig named as his 'standby' counsel #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
15m15 minutes ago
Ryan Bundy tells court:'I choose to be able to bring those things myself rather than relating it through another'#Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
17m17 minutes ago
Ryan Bundy said he saw his brother Ammon Bundy silenced in a prior hearing & doesn't want that to happen to him #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
18m18 minutes ago
Ryan Bundy told judge: 'I feel it very important that I need not be silenced when I need to be able to speak.' #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein
19m19 minutes ago
Ryan Bundy waived his right to a lawyer after judge informed him of potential serious risks of doing so #Oregonstandoff

Hey, Ryan has represented himself lots of times after he got arrested. That is something to be proud of.

$1500 cameras? Noway they were leaving without those when they found that out. That is where their criminal backgrounds come in. I don't think a single one of them does not already have a criminal background. They will turn right around and use it after criticizing the Government.

Boys and their little toys.

Final Malheur indictee revealed as Montana man’s family weighs taking ‘a stand’ against his arrest

The lone redacted name among 26 in the federal indictment of alleged occupiers of an eastern Oregon wildlife refuge was revealed Monday, but Montana's Jake Ryan is not in custody and his family was weighing their options Monday night.

A message posted Monday to the Facebook page of Jeanette Finicum — widow of Robert LaVoy Finicum, an Arizona Strip rancher who was killed by Oregon police at a roadblock — says Ryan's Plains, Mont., family "has said that they have decided 'the arrests stop here,' " and that they would "make a stand."

Ryan's mother, Roxsanna, told The Tribune by phone Monday night that "Right now, that decision has not been put into stone yet. We are waiting on a little more information."

Roxsanna Ryan said the family hoped to get a feel for the support of the people in Plains, a town in northwestern Montana's sparsely populated Sanders County.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/3690270-155/final-malheur-indictee-revealed-as-montana

Plains Montana population is 1064. (2013)

Montana sheriff tells Oregon standoff backers to stay out of arrest

HELENA, Mont. – The last named defendant in the armed occupation of an Oregon wildlife refuge was still at large Tuesday, drawing calls for supporters to flock to his Montana hometown and a local sheriff to urge outsiders to stay of it.

Supporters of the 41-day standoff this winter over U.S. land restrictions used social media to rally behind Jake Ryan, urging the sheriff to resist federal efforts to apprehend him and for people to head to the small northwestern town of Plains to pray with Ryan's family.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/2...egon-standoff-backers-to-stay-out-arrest.html

Ammon Bundy, others to be flown to Nevada for arraignment

U.S. District Court Judge Anna Brown on Tuesday ordered the defendants to be flown to Nevada on April 13 and returned to Oregon 10 days later. Their Nevada arraignments are likely to take place April 14 or 15.

http://katu.com/news/local/ammon-bundy-others-to-be-flown-to-nevada-for-arraignment

Burns Police Investigating Pacific Patriots Network Co-Founder

The Oregon co-founder of the Pacific Patriots Network — a militia group that arrived in Harney County during the 41-day occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge — is being investigated by the Burns Police Department for an alleged “domestic situation,” according to two local law enforcement sources.
Burns investigators are deciding whether to charge B.J. Soper for an incident that took place in January. Law enforcement sources have shared details of the allegations against Soper, but OPB will not report those until the investigation is completed.
The Burns PD is expected to make a decision in the next two weeks.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...ns-police-investigation/#.VvGIdBoXvYE.twitter

'This land belongs to all Americans,' Interior Secretary Sally Jewell says in Burns
By Les Zaitz | The Oregonian/OregonLive
on March 21, 2016 at 8:29 PM, updated March 21, 2016 at 8:49 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/contrary_to_oregon_standoff_cl.html#incart_2box

“BURNS -- Harney County, infamous now for enduring a 41-day occupation at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, may find itself back in the spotlight soon and this time it will be the government's doing.

Interior Secretary Sally Jewell concluded a day of tours and meetings in the Burns area Monday by declaring she intends to help trumpet a success that got overshadowed by acts of the armed protesters who took over the reserve Jan. 2.

The story, she said, involves environmentalists, government, ranchers and "a disaster averted."

They worked together under the brand of the High Desert Partnership to protect the greater sage grouse while avoiding crippling federal regulation that could have upended ranching and logging in a weak economic region, she said in an interview with The Oregonian/OregonLive.

Jewell, a former commercial banker and president of REI Inc., said she'll return to Washington, D.C., determined to showcase the Harney County effort, making it a national model for serving both economic and conservation needs.

She'll also take home lessons from her day of tutorials by Harney County officials, refuge workers, Burns Paiute tribal leaders and federal agency workers.”​

Good article.

Maxine Bernstein – Verified account ‏@maxoregonian

Scott Willingham in custody in Portland, booked into downtown jail Wed. p.m. on fed. theft charge #Oregonstandoff

Kind of o/t but still relevant.

Hubby nd I were talking as to why LE in the US kills so many as opposed to other countries.

He says that they have to go in with the assumption that a person may be armed. So, that seems an answer to me.

http://koin.com/2016/03/23/first-look-how-the-occupiers-left-malheur-refuge/

Safes were broken into at the refuge. Money, cameras and computers are missing and officials said that is just the beginning of the inventory.
Members of the media on tour were advised to watch their step in certain spots. After some pipes burst, officials said, militia members defecated “everywhere.”
Some of the very ranchers the occupiers claimed to represent said they didn’t want any of this.
“As far as I’m concerned it was a slap in our face for all the years that we’ve put in working, together,” rancher Andy Dunbar said.

Photos Of Damage Caused By Oregon Occupiers Proves They Aren’t Fit To Manage Anything
The small government advocates left behind a big, expensive mess for taxpayers.

Huffington Post
03/25/2016 03:32 pm ET | Updated 3 hours ago
Ryan Grenoble
Editor at The Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ier-damage-photos_us_56f56002e4b014d3fe22eff9

~ The occupation has already cost upwards of $9 million.
~ Feces and trash litter the property.
~ Officials are worried Native American artifacts have been damaged.

The Malheur National Wildlife Refuge “occupation” ended more than a month ago, yet the damage caused by the armed militants, who gathered to protest the federal government’s management of public lands, remains.

Photos posted online by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service earlier this week give a peek into how the occupiers would, apparently, prefer to manage public lands, given the chance to do it themselves:​

Photos.

Photos Of Damage Caused By Oregon Occupiers Proves They Aren’t Fit To Manage Anything
The small government advocates left behind a big, expensive mess for taxpayers.

Huffington Post
03/25/2016 03:32 pm ET | Updated 3 hours ago
Ryan Grenoble
Editor at The Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ier-damage-photos_us_56f56002e4b014d3fe22eff9

~ The occupation has already cost upwards of $9 million.
~ Feces and trash litter the property.
~ Officials are worried Native American artifacts have been damaged.

The Malheur National Wildlife Refuge “occupation” ended more than a month ago, yet the damage caused by the armed militants, who gathered to protest the federal government’s management of public lands, remains.

Photos posted online by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service earlier this week give a peek into how the occupiers would, apparently, prefer to manage public lands, given the chance to do it themselves:​

Photos.

I saw this today and stopped by to see what Websleuthers had to say. Those pictures broke my heart. Just before the rage exploded.

As an American citizen and taxpayer, that is MY land and MY bird sanctuary those imbeciles literally shat all over. What about MY rights?

I could go on but I don't want to get banned.

Shouldn't surprise anyone -- it's probably how they behave at home, too.

I would call them animals, but animals have enough sense not to foul their own quarters like that.
These people are seriously sick.
It makes my stomach churn to think they and I are the same species.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back