OR - PRESIDENTIAL PARDON - Militia members occupy federal building in Oregon after protest #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
An important article, imo:

Congress Should Confront the Rise of Violent Extremism on America’s Public Lands

https://www.americanprogress.org/is...f-violent-extremism-on-americas-public-lands/

Lovely idea. But it will never work because it would require support from politicians from both sides who believe their priority should be the interests of the people they represent rather than the interests of the political party they represent.

Insofar as I can recall, the last time that happened was, uh...think think think...uh....

Can anyone help me out here? I got nuthin.

Palmer deputizes man awaiting trial on felony theft charges

One of Grant County’s newest deputies is awaiting trial on felony charges.

On March 1, Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer deputized Roy Peterson, who was set to begin trial March 28 in Grant County Circuit Court on theft charges stemming from the acquisition of equipment for a fire district. However, state prosecutors requested a continuance for a family emergency, and the trial is now scheduled to begin Aug. 22.

Citizen Deputies Back Palmer
Palmer has deputized at least 69 Grant County citizens, including the 11 he deputized to develop the resource plan. Deputies are appointed “to do and perform any act which (Palmer) might perform as sheriff,” according their deputy certificates.

Sheriffs can deputize citizens for various reasons, but it’s unusual for them to designate “special deputy” community members at the rate and number as Sheriff Palmer has — or even at all.

http://www.bluemountaineagle.com/Lo...urce=twitter_MyEagleNews#.VvaXHXauz3o.twitter

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...county-sheriff-glenn-palmerdoj-investigation/

Well that's interesting, the bolded part. The Oregonian had an article a couple of days ago about the 70 deputies also. I can't find it at the moment. It stated the positions the deputies held were similar to what the federal employees currently do, I believe.

This guy is much more involved with the Bundy group & more than what he claims, jmo.

Here is another article about Sheriff Palmer:

'Constitutional’ Oregon Sheriff Under Investigation for Malheur Role Hired 70 ‘Special Deputies’
SPLC
David Neiwert
March 23, 2016

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch...ed-70-‘special-deputies’#.VvQUKnoAcbU.twitter

Grant County’s Glenn Palmer faces state DOJ criminal investigation for his actions during standoff – and for some beforehand, too.

A lot of people in Oregon’s Grant County weren’t particularly surprised last week when the Oregon Department of Justice announced it was opening an investigation into the county’s chief law enforcement officer, self-proclaimed “constitutional” Sheriff Glenn Palmer. A lot of them had seen trouble coming.

It extended even beyond Palmer’s involvement in the takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, located in neighboring Harney County, in January by an armed contingent of fellow “constitutionalists” – including concerns that he had become viewed as a “security leak” in the days leading up to the arrests of 11 of the extremists on Jan. 26.

Apparently, there had been warning signs even before the Malheur occupation. For example: Why exactly had Sheriff Palmer, in the summer and fall of 2015, hired over 70 “special deputies” to serve as adjuncts to his regular force?”​

Much more...

I saw this today and stopped by to see what Websleuthers had to say. Those pictures broke my heart. Just before the rage exploded.

As an American citizen and taxpayer, that is MY land and MY bird sanctuary those imbeciles literally shat all over. What about MY rights?

I could go on but I don't want to get banned.

RSBM

Well said , IzzyBlanche !
SMDH ... looks like these 'patriots' have demonstrated exactly what they are -- criminally-minded lowlifes and thieves as well.
Will le go after them for the items missing from safes ? They should have to pay for the restoration, as well !
IMO

Will go and sit on my hands for a while. :banghead: :maddening: :stormingmad: :furious:

Oh great - does this mean Websleuthers have to start reporting this idiots? Well, it's a thankless job, but someone has to do it.

I looked into this Curtiss fellow early on mostly because he had been identified as a former poiceman. I don't recall finding much if anything regarding his police career but did find some information on his property management shenanigans and the lawsuits.

I don't like people like Curtiss and his wife. They just ooze poison. I am glad John Sowell at The Idaho Statesman are looking into him. I am sure if Sowell were to delve deeper, there would be much more to find.

Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian 3m3 minutes ago
Judge Robert E. Jones released Shawna Cox from home detention-& instituted curfew instead #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian 2m2 minutes ago
Judge: Shawna Cox is not to communicate by phone or social media about pending case 'or any further protest movements' #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian 4m4 minutes ago
Fed prosecutor Craig Gabriel: Shawna Cox incited people to travel to Montana to help in harboring codefendant Jake Ryan

Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian 4m4 minutes ago
Fed prosecutor Craig Gabriel: Shawna Cox went on YouTube 3/23 talking about case and who she believed to be govt informant #Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian 3m3 minutes ago
Judge asked Shawna Cox, who was on speaker phone in court, if she'd agree not to speak publicly about the case, and she said, 'I do.'

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ff-return-to-malheur-national-wildlife-refuge

MALHEUR NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE, Ore. — Linda Beck is a fish biologist in charge of a Sisyphus-like struggle against millions of invasive carp that have uprooted aquatic plants, severely diminishing the food supplies here for waterfowl.
During the winter occupation of the Malheur refuge, as threats to federal employees escalated, Beck evacuated to Vancouver, Wash., leaving behind her rancher husband to take care of their cattle.

Meanwhile, the extremists who sought to transfer the refuge to local control claimed Beck’s desk, rifling through her files and mocking her work. Someone also removed her personal items that included a pelican’s beak, a carp’s skeleton and a stuffed crow that had been passed on to Beck from her grandmother.

The Harney County ranchers who graze on the Malheur are now deep into one of their most hectic periods, the spring calving season. But on Thursday, they took time out to to host a welcome-back barbecue for the refuge employees.
The menu feature sliced beef, with sides of cheesy potatoes, broccoli and fruit salad.

“It was fantastic,” Beck said. “There were way more ranching families than refuge staff. It was a big party.”

It seems that a couple of more people have some questionable backgrounds:

Malheur Refuge occupier: ‘Everything was clean’

KOIN 6 News Staff
Published: March 30, 2016, 12:45 pm Updated: March 30, 2016, 5:43 pm

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Eyewitnesses from the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation said pictures released by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service are staged.

The USFWS released more than 2 dozen photos showing piles of garbage, property damage and what appears to be human waste on the floor. The total damage is estimated around $6 million.

But Guy Finicum, the brother of LaVoy Finicum, and former occupier Sharla Christie said the pictures were embellished and the cost inflated.

“They were very serious about taking good care of that property,” Christie said at a news conference in Arizona. “Every thing was clean. I didn’t see any damage whatsoever.”​

My Notes:

They both work for Re-Creation Retreat in Fredonia, Arizona. Residential Treatment Centers for Troubled Girls

Sharla Christie, Therapist

Sharla Christie is a masters-level therapist with experience working with experiential groups and with trauma survivors. She has experience in individual therapy for adults, adolescents and children, family therapy with troubled youth and their parents.
She a Licensed Associate Counselor, she is not a therapist of any kind. http://azbbhe.us/ProDetail.asp?ProfID=45615

Guy Finicum, Therapist

Guy has over 16 years of experience working with at-risk or troubled teens. He earned his BA in American studies from Utah State University in 1994 and the following summer took his first job in the field of youth services managing a boy’s ranch, and has continued in the field to the present day. After working for 5 years in various positions, Guy began his pursuit of a Master of Counseling degree in Mental Health Counseling. Upon graduation from The University of Phoenix in 2003 he began his career as a therapist. Currently, Guy is independently licensed in both Arizona and Utah as a Licensed Professional Counselor.
He is a Licensed Professional Counselor, he is not a therapist. http://azbbhe.us/ProDetail.asp?ProfID=42744

So, I am wondering if it was through these residential programs for troubled youth that LaVoy's brother has been associated with, is how LaVoy earned extra income for taking them in? In other words, was there some kind of double dipping or possibly even fraud going on?

In addition, I am not sure how much time Guy spent at the refuge but it sounds like Sharla was there for awhile. So, why are people who deal with troubled youth able to get away with hanging out, maybe participating in an armed takeover of Federal property? We know that LaVoy lost whatever kids he was housing after he appeared as Tarp Man. So, how about these folks? Are the outfits they have worked for Federally or State funded in any way? Does anyone even care?

Side note: I personally think these residential programs for teens are a giant scam, and border on being really warped and abusive. Its the same people over and over again. Its like a cult or something. I didn't realize they are still going on, some were shut down.

JJ McNab retweets a link to a YouTube of Shawna Cox possibly defying a court order
at a very recent appearance at a speech in Orem, Utah by some Finicums.

HGTomato
HGTomato – ‏@HGTomato

Shawna Cox defies Court Order & talks about her case at a meeting in Orem Utah last nite.
She starts at 27:20.
[video=youtube;HOJfPVn3_xA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOJfPVn3_xA[/video]
YouTube

Finicums Speech in Orem Uta

Another great speech we were privileged to see & hear.
View on web
9:00 PM - 2 Apr 2016​

"Everybody Loves the Lord!" - i.b.nora

JJ McNab retweets a link to a YouTube of Shawna Cox possibly defying a court order
at a very recent appearance at a speech in Orem, Utah by some Finicums.

HGTomato
HGTomato – ‏@HGTomato

Shawna Cox defies Court Order & talks about her case at a meeting in Orem Utah last nite.
She starts at 27:20.
[video=youtube;HOJfPVn3_xA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOJfPVn3_xA[/video]
YouTube

Finicums Speech in Orem Uta

Another great speech we were privileged to see & hear.
View on web
9:00 PM - 2 Apr 2016​

"Everybody Loves the Lord!" - i.b.nora

Why is this woman not in jail? It should be pretty clear that she can’t comply with the rules of her release.

Oh great - does this mean Websleuthers have to start reporting this idiots? Well, it's a thankless job, but someone has to do it.

Websleuthers are apparently not alone in that sentiment. :thinking:

Idaho patriot group leader filed bankruptcy after Malheur visit

Brandon Curtiss racked up debt of $235,000 after last declaring bankruptcy in 2009

Much of it was because of credit card bills and other consumer debt

He owes $68,549 to a Portland couple who had them manage their rentals; they have not “seen a dime”

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/community/west-ada/article68581597.html#storylink=cpy

Why have so many of these "patriots" had trouble with the law and/or debt? Honestly, it seems to me that many of them need something to blame their troubles on, and the gubmint is an easy target. Some people tend to do that--especially those who do not handle change very well.

It seems that a couple of more people have some questionable backgrounds:

Malheur Refuge occupier: ‘Everything was clean’

KOIN 6 News Staff
Published: March 30, 2016, 12:45 pm Updated: March 30, 2016, 5:43 pm

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Eyewitnesses from the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation said pictures released by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service are staged.

The USFWS released more than 2 dozen photos showing piles of garbage, property damage and what appears to be human waste on the floor. The total damage is estimated around $6 million.

But Guy Finicum, the brother of LaVoy Finicum, and former occupier Sharla Christie said the pictures were embellished and the cost inflated.

“They were very serious about taking good care of that property,” Christie said at a news conference in Arizona. “Every thing was clean. I didn’t see any damage whatsoever.”​

My Notes:

They both work for Re-Creation Retreat in Fredonia, Arizona. Residential Treatment Centers for Troubled Girls

Sharla Christie, Therapist

Sharla Christie is a masters-level therapist with experience working with experiential groups and with trauma survivors. She has experience in individual therapy for adults, adolescents and children, family therapy with troubled youth and their parents.
She a Licensed Associate Counselor, she is not a therapist of any kind. http://azbbhe.us/ProDetail.asp?ProfID=45615

Guy Finicum, Therapist

Guy has over 16 years of experience working with at-risk or troubled teens. He earned his BA in American studies from Utah State University in 1994 and the following summer took his first job in the field of youth services managing a boy’s ranch, and has continued in the field to the present day. After working for 5 years in various positions, Guy began his pursuit of a Master of Counseling degree in Mental Health Counseling. Upon graduation from The University of Phoenix in 2003 he began his career as a therapist. Currently, Guy is independently licensed in both Arizona and Utah as a Licensed Professional Counselor.
He is a Licensed Professional Counselor, he is not a therapist. http://azbbhe.us/ProDetail.asp?ProfID=42744

So, I am wondering if it was through these residential programs for troubled youth that LaVoy's brother has been associated with, is how LaVoy earned extra income for taking them in? In other words, was there some kind of double dipping or possibly even fraud going on?

In addition, I am not sure how much time Guy spent at the refuge but it sounds like Sharla was there for awhile. So, why are people who deal with troubled youth able to get away with hanging out, maybe participating in an armed takeover of Federal property? We know that LaVoy lost whatever kids he was housing after he appeared as Tarp Man. So, how about these folks? Are the outfits they have worked for Federally or State funded in any way? Does anyone even care?

Side note: I personally think these residential programs for teens are a giant scam, and border on being really warped and abusive. Its the same people over and over again. Its like a cult or something. I didn't realize they are still going on, some were shut down.

I read about Robert "LaVoy" Finicum's main source of income (foster parent), but I did not know about his brother's connections to that occupation. Thanks for the information.

In addition, some parents of non-foster children who abandoned them for the cult cause got into some trouble. The Coopers did, as I recall. We all have our faults and our situations, but how could parents do something like that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back