OR - Stephanie Condon, 14, Myrtle Creek, 30 Oct 1998

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow! They must have been eyeing this all along!

BTW - sorry for the way this thread title came out. It's NOT the way I typed it and I didn't choose "Submitted" as a prefix. Then again, I was at work and in a hurry! :crazy:

For so many years, I followed Stephanie Condon's story.
I am so very relieved that she was found, that she can be laid to rest, where family can visit.
My prayers for her family.

Interesting to note, that her remains were found very near the poi's parents home.

Wow, I'm glad she has been found and her family can put her to rest properly. Prayers for Stephanies family.

I have researched Steph's case years ago and am SOOOOOOO happy they can finally put her to rest!

I hope Dale gets what he deserves!

(don't know if anyone knows this but she was found not far from Dale's parents home, the man that found her had "Hung around with that crowd years ago" Dale and his friends that is)

Dale Wayne Hill is described by Douglas County authorities as the prime suspect in the case, and the last person to see Stephanie Condon alive. He was paroled on October 1, 2005.
He is currently living in the Glide, Oregon area.

The cause and manner of death has not yet been established. Stephanie’s remains continue to be examined in an attempt to make that determination.

I too have been following this case for years and Dale Hill gives me the creeps. It breaks my heart and my prayers go out to Stephanie's family.

This gives me hope that others will be found so that their familes can have some closer also.

Thank you lord for giving Stephanie's family closer. Now we ask that her killer gets a deserving sentence.

Suspect in Stephanie Condon disappearance scheduled to go free

The man identified as the prime suspect in the disappearance and death of 14-year-old Stephanie Condon is scheduled to be released from a Nevada jail Wednesday morning after serving most of a 30-day jail sentence on an unrelated charge.
Kevin Phillips, an employee at the Lyon County Jail in Yerington, Nev., said this morning that so far, there are no holds from other law enforcement agencies that would keep 39-year-old Dale Wayne Hill in jail.
"We've had no requests from anyone to hold him,'' Phillips said. "He will be released Wednesday morning at 6 a.m."

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/04/prime_suspect_in_stephanie_con.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/04/prime_suspect_in_stephanie_con.html

A Douglas County grand jury has indicted Dale Wayne Hill on three counts of aggravated murder in connection with the decade-old death of a Douglas County teenage girl.

Shortly before 5 this afternoon, Sheriff John Hanlin and Douglas County District Attorney Rick Wesenberg issued a news released saying that Hill has been indicted in connection with the death of 14-year-old Stephanie Condon.

Hill is currently serving a 30-day sentence in a Lyon County, Nev., for a local Nevada charge. He was scheduled for release Wednesday morning at 6.

But as of this evening, Douglas County officials have placed a hold on Hill and will begin working on the extradition process to bring him back to Douglas County.

more at link.

a douglas county grand jury has indicted dale wayne hill on three counts of aggravated murder in connection with the decade-old death of a douglas county teenage girl.

Shortly before 5 this afternoon, sheriff john hanlin and douglas county district attorney rick wesenberg issued a news released saying that hill has been indicted in connection with the death of 14-year-old stephanie condon.

Hill is currently serving a 30-day sentence in a lyon county, nev., for a local nevada charge. He was scheduled for release wednesday morning at 6.

But as of this evening, douglas county officials have placed a hold on hill and will begin working on the extradition process to bring him back to douglas county.

More at link.

thank you Jesus!!!!!!

I'm so glad he was not paroled. He probably would have disappeared knowing he was on the radar big time. I never knew about this case but as another poster mentioned Stephanie you deserved better.

Opening statements outline trial of murder defendant Dale Hill

Less than 24 hours after Riddle teenager Stephanie Condon disappeared the night before Halloween in 1998, a detective asked Dale Wayne Hill, “Did you kill Stephanie Condon?”

“I appreciate you asking me that,” Hill reportedly told lead investigator Joe Perkins before changing the subject.

[snip]

The jury was scheduled today to take a bus tour to see about a dozen sites expected to be mentioned in testimony during the trial. The trial will resume Tuesday after a three-day break.

More: http://www.nrtoday.com/article/20110304/NEWS/110309911/1063/NEWS&ParentProfile=1055

I really wish this was some sort of sick April Fools joke...

Jury finds man not guilty in teen's 1998 death

Dale Wayne Hill broke down andcried as the jury of 5 men and 7 women charged with deciding his guilt or innocence in the 1998 kidnapping and murder of teen Stephanie Condon filed back into the courtroom after deliberating for less than a day.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/119076709.html

Oregon man acquitted in death of girl, 14

The prime suspect in the death of a 14-year-old girl more than 10 years ago was acquitted Friday of aggravated murder charges in the case.

A Douglas County jury found Dale Wayne Hill not guilty of kidnapping and killing Stephanie Condon, the Roseburg News-Review reported. The police had called the southern Oregon man their prime suspect in her death.

He was the only suspect, wasn't he?

OMG....... Please tell me this is an April fools joke!!!!! :banghead::banghead:

I was 14 in 98, and lived about 30 miles from where this happened. It changed my life forever, and I firmly believe this man is GUILTY!!!!!!!

The jury was apparently not allowed to hear about this man pleading "no contest" for breaking into a house and stealing womens panties..that is sickening. Sure, it may be prejudicial, but juries should be allowed to know about the person on trial. If he had been acquitted of the charge, that would be one thing.

I too feel he did kill Stephanie and now will never pay for it.

I feel like he killed her too. Some of the testimony in the trial did help the defense in creating reasonable doubt though...I thought the testimony from her friend about the two boys who were there that night, possibly doing drugs with her, was powerful to the defense.

I am from Douglas County. Everyone here thinks he did it, but with so much time passed it was a hard case to win. I was so thankful when they found her remains and charged him. I think they thought their case was as good as it would ever be and they tried the case the best that they could. The evidence just wasn't enough. I think the information on him and his priors should have come in. Maybe that would have been enough to help the jury find him guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back