OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just upsets me that the Ashland newspaper posted her new update about her vehicle for half a day. I understand that it is a bit of a distance from Ruch but at the same time it is close enough that a lot of people from Ashland are going to pass through to go to the lakes and rivers out there. I just can't help but think, if it was me, I would want the whole planet interested in finding me. (A little bit of a self centered thought lol, but still the point stands) It hasn't even been a month yet and the more time that passes the more people are going to forget. So instead their top stories are about homeless people numbers rising, who cares. I tend to think most people are going to read the paper on Saturday and if they cannot even post her story for half of a day how are people going to see it. ARGH! Sorry for my news rant but I just feel for this lady that I don't know and I want every resource possible working for her.

eta - I do care about the homeless people, just not the way they are writing about it. You'd have to be there to understand. I was ranting and sorry if that came off as insincere.

I'm here, and I totally understand, mayelf. I was snarling to myself watching local news last night. There was a long story about new gluten-free labeling standards. I have a good friend with celiac disease, but I'm sitting there silently yelling at the news team to talk about Stephanie's car! :banghead:

So engine start/stop time stamps not just for the night of July 4/5 but the whole day of July 4.

1. When left Ruch (report: engine start), arrive Ashland (report: engine stop) (possible reports for stop/starts along the way)

2. When they left Ashland (report: engine start), and if they stopped at a restaurant or a gas station.

3. Arriving per Lonnie account at Ruch County Store between 5 and 7 pm:
Either she kept the engine running when she dropped him off (no report) or turned it off (report: engine stop) dropped him off and said goodbye (report: engine start).

There should be start/stop times in this time frame. Originally the time Ames stated was “around 5 pm” – how and why did it widen to include two additional hours?

4. If she made it home, (report: engine stop) the store is less than 5 minutes away so that’s a good indicator of when she was at store, as Ames claims.

Store: 7350 Oregon 238 Jacksonville, OR 97530
Home: 9395 Highway 238 Jacksonville, OR 97530
Bing maps and Google maps say between 2.1 to 2.4 miles from Ruch Country Store to Stephanie's home. A driving time of 2 to 4 minutes.

The court would have all of July 4 engine start/stop activity.

If she had this device on her vehicle, I assume police collected a DNA sample.

I haven't read anything about Stephanie's financial situation. If she wasn't working, how did she pay the bills?

Repeating an old post of mine to tie in with the device on her car.

Lennie Ames lives 11.8 miles (16 minutes) away from Stephanie on Upper Applegate Road. I haven't been out that way in years, but it's more remote than Stephanie's house, which is right on the main two lane rural highway. I don't know how far off the road Ames' place is, but this is wild country.

Ames lives 5.9 miles (7 minutes) from Applegate Lake.

So the starts and stops should be about 16 minutes apart if she went to boyfriend Lennie/Lonnie's house.

If you had a good idea what happened where after that, the times should match up. That's a big IF at this point though.

If she had this device on her vehicle, I assume police collected a DNA sample.

I haven't read anything about Stephanie's financial situation. If she wasn't working, how did she pay the bills?

I imagine they've take it to be gone over very carefully.

She and her longtime partner sold their restaurant a few months before he died, so that may have provided enough to live on. I had wondered the same thing until for ashley said they owned the restaurant together.

I imagine they've take it to be gone over very carefully.

She and her longtime partner sold their restaurant a few months before he died, so that may have provided enough to live on. I had wondered the same thing until for ashley said they owned the restaurant together.

Thanks. I guess I forgot about the part where they sold it. I was just thinking that it went under.

Thanks. I guess I forgot about the part where they sold it. I was just thinking that it went under.

No, you didn't forget that they sold it. I forgot to post a link. :)

http://www.applegater.org/pdf/2011/v04n01/v04n01p13.pdf

"During the summer of 2010, I set my sights on the Magnolia Grill in Ruch, and was able to purchase the restaurant in October. While undergoing a massive makeover, a plan was made to reopen as My Way Cafe in February 2011."

It's about 5:00 p.m. August 4th, a month out from the last time Stephanie is reported to have been seen. All evening, I'm going to be wondering what was happening a month ago tonight.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

As Kimster said earlier, we cannot sleuth anyone who hasn't been named a POI or Suspect. (But you did some spectacular sleuthing.) If you had a post removed and would like a copy of it in case this avenue of sleuthing opens up in the future, shoot me a message.

As Kimster said earlier, we cannot sleuth anyone who hasn't been named a POI or Suspect. (But you did some spectacular sleuthing.) If you had a post removed and would like a copy of it in case this avenue of sleuthing opens up in the future, shoot me a message.

Sorry, my bad. I just couldn't resist. Thanks for keeping me in line. :) I sent a pm asking for a copy.

Stranger and Stranger... Why are they keeping this so "hush-hush?" Why the delay in information? Why ask about her automobile now, 28 days after she disappeared? It doesn't seem that they really want to find her at all. Hmmmmmmm... My heart is with her family tonight. 30 days missing and no movement toward finding her.

I'm sure they want to find Stephanie, and I really think the silence is so they don't tip off unnamed POI. It may have taken time to get the info off the auto device we talked about up thread, although I would have liked to see the car asked about earlier too, just in case it was seen. But I don't think silence means no movement.

Bottom line, if people don't cooperate, even if they aren't involved, LE can't make much progress. Several reasons uninvolved people would just keep quiet: general distrust and paranoia about LE, protecting their friends, growing pot or other illegal activity, fear of the perp. This is a tough case.

My heart goes out to Stephanie's family and friends. They must feel so helpless, being so far away.

Something really bizarre going on. Wish this forum let us talk about more stuff but I get how it is

Something really bizarre going on. Wish this forum let us talk about more stuff but I get how it is

Yes, frustrating at times, but it's the reason this is the only forum I post on.

Wasn't sure if this was posted, from the local news

It was, but thanks for bringing it back. It gives us something to talk about while we wait. :waiting:

We already discussed Stephanie's reason for sending someone to do her shopping for her. So now I'm wondering who provided the photo of Stephanie on the poster the store owner put up. It's not the same one the JCSO uses. You can tell I'm really reaching here. :)

I wonder what position the car seat was in? Stephanie is short.
Also wondering about scratches and/or bruises? Maybe a reason not to report her missing!

For the past year or so I have been totally addicted to the ID channel. I wouldn't watch anything else! I would keep asking myself why I was so obsessed and the idea that one day this might become useful did cross my mind (and it scared the crap out of me!) but I thought I was being paranoid. How scary that this is happening! But I think it has made me look at things differently then I would have otherwise. I don't know if that's a good thing or not! I just hope and pray this has a better ending than those shows!!! Needless to say, I can't watch that channel anymore.

Thanking you all, again!

I wonder what position the car seat was in? Stephanie is short.
Also wondering about scratches and/or bruises? Maybe a reason not to report her missing!

For the past year or so I have been totally addicted to the ID channel. I wouldn't watch anything else! I would keep asking myself why I was so obsessed and the idea that one day this might become useful did cross my mind (and it scared the crap out of me!) but I thought I was being paranoid. How scary that this is happening! But I think it has made me look at things differently then I would have otherwise. I don't know if that's a good thing or not! I just hope and pray this has a better ending than those shows!!! Needless to say, I can't watch that channel anymore.

Thanking you all, again!

Thank you for checking in, for-Ashley. Those are both really good questions. My advice would be to email JCSO with the question about the seat, even though it seems obvious. I've sent them two emails with the results of my sleuthing that shouldn't be posted here. The one I posted here out of frustration and impatience the other day was removed by a mod, and rightly so. But I thought it was something JCSO might miss, so I passed it along to them. If they think I'm nuts, so be it. :)

Unfortunately, we've kind of reached the end of the road here until more info is released. I don't know if you are in touch with Stephanie's family, but I hope they are keeping in touch with JCSO. And I hope they know that those of us on this thread care.

I've never watched the ID channel, and looking it up just now, I can see how you could get hooked on it, just like some of us get hooked on Websleuths. I don't think I'd better watch it! It's a delicate balance not getting pulled into too much dark stuff.

I would like to ask you some questions, since you are the only one posting here who actually knows Stephanie. I'm not sure if you've been verified as an insider yet, so you probably shouldn't answer these questions unless you have been.

Just from studying Stephanie's Facebook page, I get a feeling that there is a possibility she had some unconventional viewpoints (I'm being purposely vague). Is this something new? Do you think she is the kind of person who might come to feel so strongly about a cause that she would "go underground" so to speak and cut off contact with her family? Or perhaps even feel she needs to protect them by cutting off contact.

Sometimes people get sucked into something that seems benign at first. I'm thinking of all the charitable works Jim Jones did in San Francisco back in the '70's. There were highly educated, well-meaning people who went with him to Jonestown and died there. Brainwashing is a subtle thing and it can happen to anyone.

I'm probably grasping at straws, but I really want to think she is alive and purposely incommunicado for some reason.

If you have any info you think would be helpful, please post it. I'll check by daily to see if there is anything new we can talk about. For now, I will keep Stephanie and all of you in my prayers. Don't give up!

Was looking at her facebook timeline, it appears she may have been playing Texas holdem on 4th July at 6.08pm. Not sure if that is correct but if you put the cursor where it states Stephanie Warner June 12 - July 4 via Texas holdem poker, it comes up with that time.

Those game aps are weird though. Did it say "Stephanie played/liked Texas Hold 'em"? or was it something like "I just scored a full house" or whatever on her profile. When you give permissions to the game aps, they get permission to post to your feed and sometimes they'll say stuff like that. A friend of mine died several months ago (natural causes, but still sucks) and sometimes I get "Sara levelled on Candy Crush" but when my mom went to her Candy Crush Friends list it showed Sara's last activity was in May, about a week before she died. I do WWF and sometimes when I do something brilliant, it gives me the option to post something like "Dania made a Triple Triple for 110 points" where I have to click to post.

So there are two kinds of posts for gaming aps. "Ad" posts that are posted by the game or "brag" posts that are posted by the user. So she may not have been playing at that time. I went to look at her FB and didn't see it, so I don't know what it was. Just throwing that possibility out there.

Those game aps are weird though. Did it say "Stephanie played/liked Texas Hold 'em"? or was it something like "I just scored a full house" or whatever on her profile. When you give permissions to the game aps, they get permission to post to your feed and sometimes they'll say stuff like that. A friend of mine died several months ago (natural causes, but still sucks) and sometimes I get "Sara levelled on Candy Crush" but when my mom went to her Candy Crush Friends list it showed Sara's last activity was in May, about a week before she died. I do WWF and sometimes when I do something brilliant, it gives me the option to post something like "Dania made a Triple Triple for 110 points" where I have to click to post.

So there are two kinds of posts for gaming aps. "Ad" posts that are posted by the game or "brag" posts that are posted by the user. So she may not have been playing at that time. I went to look at her FB and didn't see it, so I don't know what it was. Just throwing that possibility out there.

So sorry about your friend, Dania. :(

Here's the link that shows the game posts. Maybe it will make sense to you. Nothing new has shown up since July 4. https://m.facebook.com/stephanie.warner.927?v=feed&__user=100000602933070

Thanks for any insight you can provide. My personal feeling is that she did come home and went out later, whether she played or not. The car info the sheriff just released over the weekend seems to confirm that. The Facebook game time could confirm it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member