OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU Neptune for your beautiful post about Stephanie. Mental illness is an illness that is very hard to manage, even with support. It is nothing to be ashamed of. But trashing someone with mental illness IS shameful.

I have to respond to Ames' video. I apologize for the length of this post. I'm too angry to edit! :stormingmad:

I too, agree with Ames, that Henderson and the media have been inaccurate. I don't know if it's sloppy reporting or deliberate, as Ames says. Probably it's a little of both. But the points he addresses in his video are self-serving and do nothing to shed light on Stephanie's disappearance.

Ames is implying that Stephanie is alive somewhere, not knowing who she is, carrying around wads of cash. I would love to think that's true! But on camera, on that KOBI 5 interview he wants posted in full, I heard him accuse her neighbor and former boyfriend of being responsible for her disappearance. His son has posted on social media suggesting this neighbor is hiding something from LE. Ames can't have it both ways. Is the neighbor and former boyfriend responsible for Stephanie wandering around somewhere?

He complains that the distortions and omissions of facts by the media do nothing to find Stephanie and only serve to incite a lynch mob mentality in the public. He totally avoids the questions: What did he do to find Stephanie? Why didn't he report her missing? Why was he silent for so long? Why didn't he plaster the Rogue Valley with fliers?

Yes, Ames had been living in Stephanie's house since she disappeared and Henderson knew it. But Stephanie had kicked him out, and he was not living there when she disappeared. It was NOT his legal residence. He, his son and dil and dil's mother were squatting. But this is not the issue.

We really don't care whether or not Ames threw parties at Stephanie's after she disappeared. That's not the issue either.

Yes, they did abandon at least one animal. His son and dil left their dog behind. I was in Ruch the day the animals were being dispersed to new homes. It had been quite a scramble to find homes for some of them. But again, this is not the issue.

I do not understand why Ames would deposit over $10,000 directly into Stephanie's account, let her manage it, and have not access to his own money. All I can think of is money laundering. Why is this in the video? Is it supposed to make him look good? What does this have to do with anything?

I, too, would love to see the interviews Ames did with channels 5 and 12. I've pestered channel 5 repeatedly to at least air the original 2 minute interview. But reducing a 30 minute interview to two minutes is common news practice, not a conspiracy to make Ames look bad. He does that without their help on his YouTube channel. I'm sure these interviews will be shown in full if there is a trial.

The bottom line here is that this video by Lennie Ames shows no love or concern for Stephanie. His only concern is defending himself against fairly minor accusations while trashing Stephanie and attacking the media for being unfair.

Can we spell N-A-R-C-I-S-S-I-S-T boys and girls?

THANK YOU Neptune for your beautiful post about Stephanie. Mental illness is an illness that is very hard to manage, even with support. It is nothing to be ashamed of. But trashing someone with mental illness IS shameful.

I have to respond to Ames' video. I apologize for the length of this post. I'm too angry to edit! :stormingmad:

I too, agree with Ames, that Henderson and the media have been inaccurate. I don't know if it's sloppy reporting or deliberate, as Ames says. Probably it's a little of both. But the points he addresses in his video are self-serving and do nothing to shed light on Stephanie's disappearance.

Ames is implying that Stephanie is alive somewhere, not knowing who she is, carrying around wads of cash. I would love to think that's true! But on camera, on that KOBI 5 interview he wants posted in full, I heard him accuse her neighbor and former boyfriend of being responsible for her disappearance. His son has posted on social media suggesting this neighbor is hiding something from LE. Ames can't have it both ways. Is the neighbor and former boyfriend responsible for Stephanie wandering around somewhere?

He complains that the distortions and omissions of facts by the media do nothing to find Stephanie and only serve to incite a lynch mob mentality in the public. He totally avoids the questions: What did he do to find Stephanie? Why didn't he report her missing? Why was he silent for so long? Why didn't he plaster the Rogue Valley with fliers?

Yes, Ames had been living in Stephanie's house since she disappeared and Henderson knew it. But Stephanie had kicked him out, and he was not living there when she disappeared. It was NOT his legal residence. He, his son and dil and dil's mother were squatting. But this is not the issue.

We really don't care whether or not Ames threw parties at Stephanie's after she disappeared. That's not the issue either.

Yes, they did abandon at least one animal. His son and dil left their dog behind. I was in Ruch the day the animals were being dispersed to new homes. It had been quite a scramble to find homes for some of them. But again, this is not the issue.

I do not understand why Ames would deposit over $10,000 directly into Stephanie's account, let her manage it, and have not access to his own money. All I can think of is money laundering. Why is this in the video? Is it supposed to make him look good? What does this have to do with anything?

I, too, would love to see the interviews Ames did with channels 5 and 12. I've pestered channel 5 repeatedly to at least air the original 2 minute interview. But reducing a 30 minute interview to two minutes is common news practice, not a conspiracy to make Ames look bad. He does that without their help on his YouTube channel. I'm sure these interviews will be shown in full if there is a trial.

The bottom line here is that this video by Lennie Ames shows no love or concern for Stephanie. His only concern is defending himself against fairly minor accusations while trashing Stephanie and attacking the media for being unfair.

Can we spell N-A-R-C-I-S-S-I-S-T boys and girls?

excellent post

he is trying to deflect from himself, he attacks Stephanie with his words and make himself the victim

DARVO - Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender

IMO the man protests too much

FACT: Stephanie did, in fact, suffer some sort of psych event; It occurred OVER 7 YEARS AGO! I know this because that's how long Stephanie has been part of our family. I NEVER observed ANY psychotic features during our extensive time together. She told me about the incident and explained hat she felt she'd been "dosed." That somebody had put something in her wine. I strongly believe this was the case, due to the fact that I've observed and treated MANY psychotic individuals over the years and psychosis rarely just disappears, never to reappear again. Steph may have suffered from other challenges (don't we ALL?) but she wasn't psychotic. The fact that the POI would put something like this up on the internet doesn't surprise me; nor does it surprise me that he maligns Sissy.

FACT: He abandoned her animals. The ONE thing that she cared about most, her "babies." POI KNEW I would have taken care of them in a heartbeat. I sent him weekly texts stating that if they needed food, or placement, I was available to provide both. He never called me when he left to tell me the animals needed my care.

FACT: POI stated to EVERYBODY, he had moved into Stephanie's home, (AGAINST my and her Mama Irma's expressed wishes), to "take care of her babies and her property until she returns." When I rec'd the call from Henderson that the Animals had been abandoned and that the bio-family was ready for me to find homes for them, I found the house and the property COMPLETELY TRASHED; Cigarette butts, filth, cat and dog excrement all over the house; bedding saturated with animal urine, +++! I went outside and became violently ill, then I called several members of her Ruch family over to help me and they were subjected to the "care" POI had taken with our dear Stephanie's home. We needed tools to clear up some of the fallen branches and when we went to find them (Michael always bought the BEST of everything and had wonderful tools), they were all missing. So kind of those creatures to take such good care of Steph's home and property like that. Some of her personal items were literally THROWN into a room in her barn; it broke my heart to see the home she kept so beautifully, trashed in that manner.

FACT: POI WAS throwing parties on Stephies front porch just DAYS after invading her home with his merry little troop of 4. I got calls from her friends and neighbors and I WENT OUT THERE and observed the party for myself. The people who live around her home and who loved her, continued to be subjected to their nightly parties - it was heartbreaking.

FACT: Stephanie bought food, "mountain supplies" and clothes for POI. He had some sort of weird power over her. He doesn't HAVE a bank account of his own, so she let him auto-deposit into her account. Ten thousand dollars, my foot! She paid for EVERYTHING and was looking for paying work to supplement her income at the time she disappeared.

FACT: POI and his son, though they intimately know the surrounding areas and are backwoods "experts" NEVER went out searching for Stephanie. IF POI loved her so much and felt she'd had a break with reality, how could he sit there and NOT search for her? We have organized multiple searches, passed out thousands of fliers, have been actively seeking information and support in bringing Stephanie home. What, exactally HAS POI done?

I believe the press is only as good as the information they get from LE. That said, lack of family media support and lack of LE media support has hindered our chances of bringing Stephanie home. The picture of Steph, Mama and Sharon you saw during Sharon's phone interview, came from her Ruch family (which was provided to them from me); it was NOT provided by the bio-family. We felt there needed to be SOMETHING that relayed a sense of Stephanie's connection to her family. People need to be able to connect with her if we are to garner public support. The bio-family, REGARDLESS of their discomfort, MUST become an on-gong presence, begging the public for support! It is the LEAST thing they can do for Stephanie. This is their CHANCE to step up and call out for help! SHARON, WILLIAM, PJ - THE TIME IS NOW!

Since I am fairly certain POI reads this thread, I want him to know that after last weekend, when my family from Bend visited, I'm now loaded (quite literally) for BEAR. These sentiments are shared by MANY of us in the Rogue Valley. We don't want him back here until he's dragged back in shackles.

excellent post

he is trying to deflect from himself, he attacks Stephanie with his words and make himself the victim

DARVO - Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender

IMO the man protests too much

BBM

I had never heard of DARVO. Thank you! And welcome (or welcome back if I've forgotten you were here before.) :)

Any of us who followed the trial of Jodi Arias, saw DARVO in action, even on the part of the psychologists who testified for the defense.

Here is a short definition by the researcher from the University of Oregon who coined the acronym.

DARVO refers to a reaction perpetrators of wrong doing, particularly sexual offenders, may display in response to being held accountable for their behavior. DARVO stands for "Deny, Attack, and Reverse Victim and Offender." The perpetrator or offender may Deny the behavior, Attack the individual doing the confronting, and Reverse the roles of Victim and Offender such that the perpetrator assumes the victim role and turns the true victim into an alleged offender. This occurs, for instance, when an actually guilty perpetrator assumes the role of "falsely accused" and attacks the accuser's credibility or even blames the accuser of being the perpetrator of a false accusation.

BBM

ETA: In all fairness, she makes it clear that if someone uses DARVO, that does not necessarily imply guilt, and that has not been researched.

http://pages.uoregon.edu/dynamic/jjf/defineDARVO.html

FACT: Stephanie did, in fact, suffer some sort of psych event; It occurred OVER 6 YEARS AGO! I know this because that's how long Stephanie has been part of our family. I NEVER observed ANY psychotic features during our extensive time together. She told me about the incident and explained hat she felt she'd been "dosed." That somebody had put something in her wine. I strongly believe this was the case, due to the fact that I've observed and treated MANY psychotic individuals over the years and psychosis rarely just disappears, never to reappear again. Steph may have suffered from other challenges (don't we ALL?) but she wasn't psychotic.

FACT: The animals WERE abandoned. The ONE thing that she cared about the most, her "babies." POI KNEW I would have taken care of them in a heartbeat. I sent him weekly texts stating that if they needed food, or placement, I was available to provide both.

FACT: POI stated to EVERYBODY, he had moved into Stephanie's home, (AGAINST family instruction), to "take care of her babies and her property until she returns." When I rec'd the call from Henderson that the Animals had been abandoned and that the bio-family was ready for me to find homes for them, I found the house and the property COMPLETELY TRASHED; Cigarette butts on the floor, cat and dog excrement all over the house; bedding saturated with animal urine, +++! I went outside and became violently ill, then I called several members of her Ruch family over to help me and they were subjected to the "care" POI had taken with our dear Stephanie's home. We needed tools to clear up some of the fallen branches and when we went to find them (Michael always bought the BEST of everything and had wonderful tools), they were all missing. So kind of those creatures to take such good care of Steph's home and property like that. Some of her personal items were literally THROWN into a room in her barn; it broke my heart to see the home she kept so beautifully, trashed in that manner.

FACT: OPI WAS throwing parties on Stephanie's front porch two days AFTER he moved his troop into Stephanie's home. I got calls from her friends and neighbors and I WENT OUT THERE and observed the party for myself. The people who live around her home and who loved her, continued to be subjected to their nightly parties - it was heartbreaking.

FACT: Stephanie bought food, "mountain supplies" and clothes for POI. Refusing to open a bank account of his own, Step let him auto-deposit into her account. Ten thousand dollars, my foot! She paid for EVERYTHING and was looking for paying work to supplement her income at the time she disappeared.

FACT: POI and his son, though they intimately know the surrounding areas and are backwoods "experts" NEVER went out searching for Stephanie. We (her Ruch family) have organized multiple searches, passed out thousands of fliers, have been actively seeking information and support in bringing Stephanie home. What has POI done?

Lilbet, I'm loaded for BEAR, (quite literally) and feel that the ONLY thing the video did, was to make POI look worse (as if that were even possible...) than he already does!

quoted from Lilibet "http://pages.uoregon.edu/dynamic/jjf/defineDARVO.html"

Hi Lilibet thank you for the link.

Hi Group, thank you for your loving concern; I am OK - I didn't take myself off; I got "edited" because I have not been "confirmed" yet. No worries, I am sleeping with the phone! This is a NO FAULT - they've tried several times, I've just missed the calls.

Lots happened in this part of Southern Oregon today... I'm hoping the new activity isn't just another rabbit hole, but something real. I'm feeling much like "Alice" today.

Hi Group, thank you for your loving concern; I am OK - I didn't take myself off; I got "edited" because I have not been "confirmed" yet. No worries, I am sleeping with the phone! This is a NO FAULT - they've tried several times, I've just missed the calls.

Lots happened in this part of Southern Oregon today... I'm hoping the new activity isn't just another rabbit hole, but something real. I'm feeling much like "Alice" today.

I hope you can get verified as an insider soon, Dicentra. You have a lot to offer. :)

We'll also hope for a break in the case soon too.

I just re-watched the video about Stephanie, put together by Sasquatch, with some help behind the scenes. I was even more blown away this time by the perfect song lyrics timed to the second with captions and photos. The gentle pace drew me in and the teardrops near the end broke my heart.

If you haven't seen it, please watch it. And if you have, watch it again. Above all, share it. It's beautiful.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=stDakD...Fwatch%3Fv%3DstDakDoSz9s%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

I just watched it for the first time, it was beautiful, just beautiful.

The verification process is over. :woot: All of Dicentra's posts have been restored. We are also spotlighting Stephanie's case on our front page. Let's help Dicentra and Steph's friends FIND HER! :rocker:

The verification process is over. :woot: All of Dicentra's posts have been restored. We are also spotlighting Stephanie's case on our front page. Let's help Dicentra and Steph's friends FIND HER! :rocker:

THANK YOU Kimster! :tyou:

P.S. Love your avatar. GO DUCKS!!!! I'm thinking we should adopt the NOLA Saints "Who Dat" here in Oregon as "Who Quack." :floorlaugh:

OK. OK. :werk: Back to sleuthing. :lookingitup:

Checking in from Tel Aviv. Glad to see Dicentras posts were restored and also happy to find this has become a WS highlighted case! Stephanie has not been far from my mind. I have know Stephs family are devout Catholics, I am not a religious person but I want them to know that in honor of them, Stephanie was prayed for at each station of the cross on Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem and also at The Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. I will be back in Jerusalem this morning(Sunday) and will make a point to light a candle for Stephanie and her family at The Church of the Holy Sepulcher. I will be back in ny next week and resume sleuthing with this wonderful crew. Lets get this thing solved. Meanwhile, I'm typing on a phone please forgive errors...

Checking in from Tel Aviv. Glad to see Dicentras posts were restored and also happy to find this has become a WS highlighted case! Stephanie has not been far from my mind. I have know Stephs family are devout Catholics, I am not a religious person but I want them to know that in honor of them, Stephanie was prayed for at each station of the cross on Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem and also at The Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. I will be back in Jerusalem this morning(Sunday) and will make a point to light a candle for Stephanie and her family at The Church of the Holy Sepulcher. I will be back in ny next week and resume sleuthing with this wonderful crew. Lets get this thing solved. Meanwhile, I'm typing on a phone please forgive errors...

:bow: OUOTP :bow: Some really very nice things you did, and some really very nice thoughts!

WoWZa! THANK YOU KIMSTER! Such a lovely person, and so compassionate to help us find Steph! I'm glad to be back and am grateful for all of you here. I know that with your help, we will FIND Stephanie!

So dear of you OUOTP! I know her Mother will be happy that prayers have gone out from Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem.

Just enjoyed a lengthy kittyfest with Stephies favorite "baby" Lily. She's really settled in & just loves to be loved!

That made me cry. I am not a religious person either and I realize that it took an extra kind person to make this effort.

This morning I have hope; hope that we will make progress; hope that someone out there who KNOWS something will come forward with information that will help us find Stephanie.

The weather here in Southern OR is GLORIOUS! A warm 73, trees decked out in yellows, orange and assorted reds. I'm reminded of kindness; all of the hours of dedication, love and good-old hard work (and you KNOW who you are) from my friends here at WS; Kimsters gift of placing Stephanie in the spotlight; Sasquatch's video tribute/gift for Stephanie, the list goes on and on. My heart is filled with gratitude & a simple "thank you" doesn't express how much your presence is valued.

As I get older, I realize that extension and NOT contraction is the kind of person I am growing into being. You are all practicing extension in the way you are gifting us your valuable time and energies. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

OUOTP that was so nice of you to have all these prayers said for Steph and her family and friends. It it greatly appreciated and looking forward to you returning to sleuthing next week when you get back. You are right, this needs to be solved sooner than later! I hope you are enjoying your vacation. Stay safe and wishing you a very nice time on the rest of your vacation!

Dicentra glad to see you slept with that phone! I was happy to see that you were confirmed a verified insider and all of your post were put back on the forum. Now back to sleuthing, just curios, did something happen last week that you posted "Lots happened in this part of Southern Oregon today"? Was that something to do with Stef's case? I checked the news and there was nothing on the Oregon news in the last few days.

Three cheers for Kimster! Thank you, thank you, thank you! First, for SPOTLIGHTING STEPH'S CASE! Second, for confirming Dicentra as a verified insider, and third, for restoring all of Dicentra's posts. :cheers:

This morning I have hope; hope that we will make progress; hope that someone out there who KNOWS something will come forward with information that will help us find Stephanie.

The weather here in Southern OR is GLORIOUS! A warm 73, trees decked out in yellows, orange and assorted reds. I'm reminded of kindness; all of the hours of dedication, love and good-old hard work (and you KNOW who you are) from my friends here at WS; Kimsters gift of placing Stephanie in the spotlight; Sasquatch's video tribute/gift for Stephanie, the list goes on and on. My heart is filled with gratitude & a simple "thank you" doesn't express how much your presence is valued.

As I get older, I realize that extension and NOT contraction is the kind of person I am growing into being. You are all practicing extension in the way you are gifting us your valuable time and energies. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I love this post, Dicentra. I feel hopeful too. And it was a beautiful day today, with more to come. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member