OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I have hope; hope that we will make progress; hope that someone out there who KNOWS something will come forward with information that will help us find Stephanie.

The weather here in Southern OR is GLORIOUS! A warm 73, trees decked out in yellows, orange and assorted reds. I'm reminded of kindness; all of the hours of dedication, love and good-old hard work (and you KNOW who you are) from my friends here at WS; Kimsters gift of placing Stephanie in the spotlight; Sasquatch's video tribute/gift for Stephanie, the list goes on and on. My heart is filled with gratitude & a simple "thank you" doesn't express how much your presence is valued.

As I get older, I realize that extension and NOT contraction is the kind of person I am growing into being. You are all practicing extension in the way you are gifting us your valuable time and energies. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Your welcome Dicentra. However, I feel we should also be thanking you for everything you have done for Stephanie. Taking care of her animals is probably something that she is worried about where ever she is and I know she would be pleased to know that you are taking good care of them and have found good homes for the others. Those who are far away from Oregon have now a little better of an understanding what is happening there because of your posts.

The picture you painted in my mind today of the beautiful fall colors (reds, orange & yellow) gives me a peaceful feeling and a feeling of hope as you described. Hope... I never hoped for something so much in my life! I too HOPE that whoever has the answer to where Stephanie is comes forward soon!

I, too, thank Kimster for giving Stephanie's case an opportunity to be put in the spotlight!

I was a lurker on WS for years, but finally registered when I just "had to" comment on the Long Island Serial Killer case – a case I still follow religiously, and I have followed many other cases since. Websleuths has been the nuts and bolts of hundreds of criminal and missing persons cases – from active media-centered national (international) cases to 30-year-old cold cases. I can't think of a better or more valuable or more important hobby than participating in the discussions in these forums. We speak for those who cannot. We think and brainstorm and vet – and sleuth – and keep on plowing. We expect results. We strive for justice. Most importantly, we want to know about a victim's last moments. So in some cosmic way, in the end, they are not alone. We are with them.

So, let's make the best use of this spotlighted moment – let's get newcomers to the Stephanie thread (but old-timers in the WS world) up to speed on the crime details. True sleuthers like the cold-hard facts! So please consider keeping the posts centered on the 5 Ws & H – who, what, when, where, why & how.

Neptune

*Naturally this spotlighting comes at a time I have a full schedule, but I'll chime in when I can!

Neptune - you are, as always, wise and thoughtful in your support!

WELCOME people new to the Stephanie Ann Warner Thread/Case. Stephanie (like most of us), was a complicated person, and this case reflects that complication. She was a lover of animals, (especially CATS) people and nature. Stephie was hard working, dedicated and very determined. She was a unique force of nature!

If you are reading this thread for the first time, I want to beg, plead, and humbly request you help us find her. IT IS UP TO US!

At this point, there has been almost NO NATAL FAMILY INVOLVEMENT. They live far away and the only one Steph called on a regular basis, was her Elderly Mama who lives in LA and isn't able to participate, understandably, due to health conditions and compounded Grief reactivity. I can't say the same for her absent siblings. The only interview given was to a phone interview by conservator/older sister, Sharon. Stephanie's two brother's and her older sister/conservator have been, heartbreakingly, SILENT. I am a hopeful person and I do hold out hope that they will see the error in remaining SILENT and will blitz the media with requests to FIND STEPHANIE! All it takes is ONE person who will remember, ONE person who might recall some important detail to break it WIDE open! Until that day, it truly is up to US to bring her home!

If you are joining us, or even considering joining us, please go back and read the past threads. They weave Stephanie's story together well. Make sure you watch Sasquatch's incredible video/tribute to Steph... someone he never knew.

You will find hope here. You will find a loving community here. You will find committed individuals here. On this thread, you will find the very best of humanity; people who care and who've banded together to support someone many of them have never met. I pray people get to know a bit about who she was, here. Please join us! Help us bring Stephanie HOME!

I'm posting a few links in line with Neptune's excellent suggestion to stay focused on who, what, where, when, how. This will help any who are just joining us to get up to speed, and it will refresh our memories too.

Video by Sasquatch. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=stDakD...Fwatch%3Fv%3DstDakDoSz9s%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Facebook Page (lots of news links). https://www.facebook.com/stephaniewarnermissing

Thread #1 on WS (1000 posts from 7/10-10/9). OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

NamUs Listing. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/21345

Stephanie's personal FB page. https://www.facebook.com/stephanie.warner.927

YouTube Channel of POI. http://m.youtube.com/user/helias314

I've pulled this info about Stephanie from a list we put together on 9/2/13 on the previous thread, post #474. There may be additions we can add. Feel free.

Lost weight (not sure how, why or when).
Probably not depressed (volunteered regularly, was in the parade).
Says she got married (probably not legally, probably to POI who referred to himself as her bf and fiancé).
Promoted POI's videos on FB as recently as June 20.
Played online Poker. Last game apparently July 4 at 6:08 p.m.?
Bible verses posted until June 7.
FB friend with son of POI but not dil.
Had elaborate tats.
Wore a cross necklace made of nails.
Maybe camera shy in parade video?
Had fight with bf in Ashland July 4 witnessed by others.
Alcohol device in car.
Car driven late p.m. July 4--early a.m. July 5.
Car/SUV is an off-road vehicle.

Here is another list we put together 9/2/13 (post #439 previous thread) with what we knew about Stephanie's boyfriend and person of interest, Lennie/Lonnie Ames. Additions and corrections welcome.

Last to see her.
Didn't report her missing.
Arguing before she went missing.
No source of income. *Actually YouTube is a source of income. And possibly the POI administers several channels using different handles.
Is he her BF or her husband.
Cult-like background that promotes anti-government activity on Helias314 YouTube channel.
Stopped doing social media right after she went missing. *His history of video uploads has breaks of 3-7 days between uploads.
Has access to her vehicle.... that is designed to go off-road.
The two main routes from Ashland to Ruch have many opportunities to go off-road into the mountains.
Extensive knowledge of the woods because of his mining activity.
Accused her former bf in a TV interview.
Hasn't explained details like why they parted at the store, where he lives, etc.
Photos of him at parade show him wearing some kind of apparatus under his shirt and pants. (Gun?)

The following is a post by Neptune from 9/2/13 on the previous thread (post #441). It explains very clearly why we have focused on Lennie Ames in our research even before he was named a POI and we could discuss it on WS.

The unusual activities that the POI is involved in are very serious. How does this connect to Stephanie? It gives an idea of her boyfriend's mindset. He is someone who openly promotes militia-like resistance against authority -- the U.S. government no less -- and has reached more than 4 million people in his effort (YT video views 4,635,522 total). So, a popular guy with devoted followers. A defiant guy with a huge ego.

He openly defied the US Forest Service and camped on BLM land resulting in a lengthy court process. So, he didn't just move, as most people would -- he dug his heels in defiantly and for years.

On July 4, Stephanie and Lonnie argued openly at the parade. Then Stephanie got in a vehicle with him -- a man whose ego is supported by thousands of people who think he's right because he's defiant. Who admire his combative stance. She got into a vehicle with a man who supports armed resistance and who, from what I could tell in photos of him, was most likely armed that day.

They had an hour's drive ahead of them.

What happened in that vehicle -- an hour of silence? An hour of exchanging pleasantries? Doubtful. At some point on the way home while the argument continued, did Stephanie say something that challenged his authority, his ego? She knew about his activities, did she threaten to expose him? Or, was it something simpler... She said things that made him feel small, vulnerable, incapable? In arguing with him, she was defying him -- so how does he handle that?

In my opinion, he viewed Stephanie the same way he views the US government.

According to Detective Henderson, Ames was named a POI because they cannot definitively clear him of Stephanie's disappearance. To my knowledge, his story about parting company with Stephanie at the Ruch Store around 5:00 pm has never been verified.

Quoting from post 339 on previous thread. BBM

This is the most detailed article I've seen so far. This is a partial quote:

Jackson County sheriff's investigators say they believe Lennie Laverne Ames, 60, has vital information into the sudden disappearance of Stephanie Anne Warner, 43.

Ames was Warner's boyfriend at the time of her disappearance and was the last person known to have seen her on July 4.

Today deputies and a search and rescue team searched a wooded area on Bureau of Land Management property near a camp site recently occupied by Ames. Jackson County sheriff's investigators previously searched Ames' travel trailer and vehicles at the camp site. Several items were collected as evidence in that search, officials said.

More evidence was collected Wednesday at Warner's home in the 9000 block of Highway 238.

Jackson County sheriff's Detective Eric Henderson said investigators have been in regular contact with Ames throughout the nearly two-month investigation. Henderson described Ames as being cooperative.

"We named him a person of interest because we can't definitively clear him of her disappearance," Henderson said.

Ames cannot be labeled a suspect in a crime because Warner has not been found, Henderson said.

http://t.dailytidings.com/apps/pbcs....late=tabletart

Lennie Ames has not been named a suspect. According to Detective Henderson, this is because Stephanie has not been found.

ETA: (Oops! Sorry mods.) Speaking only for myself, not WS <modsnip> has focused our attention on Lennie Ames only because he was her boyfriend/fiancé/"spiritual husband" and was the last person known to have seen her.

This is not a witch hunt. All we are looking for is the truth. If it turns out that Lennie Ames does not know what happened to Stephanie, OK.

The problem is that there are important questions Ames has not answered publicly. Where was he from July 4 until she was reported missing? Did he drive her car that night? Why did he not report her missing? Why was he not at the forefront looking for her? These are just a few questions that could be answered easily on one of his YouTube videos. He doesn't need the TV stations to release the full video of his interviews 7/23. Surely, he remembers what he said!

So far, everything Ames has said publicly is self-serving and deflecting attention onto others. We really don't need him to answer statements about relatively minor issues. All we want to do is find Stephanie. So far, we have no indication that Lennie Ames shares that goal. He has the power to show that he does. I hope he will.

JMO, IMO, etc.

Last Thursday - I rec'd 5 calls from Stephanie's friends and neighbors. Steph's home is right off the main highway and these folks clearly viewed what was going on and immediately reported the movement to me.

3 marked Sheriffs vehicles and one unmarked Truck were at Stephanie's residence. The crew of 3-5, worked on getting all of the water out of the largest of the holes dug on Stephanie's property. Once the water was pumped out of the hole, men began hand digging out the hole. This pumping of water and digging commenced for 6 hours.

I shot off a text to Det. Henderson, but did not receive a reply (no shock there). To my knowledge, nobody returned to the property Friday, nobody went to the property over the weekend and nobody was at the property today.

Were they verifying the presence or lack of Gold in the soil? Were they searching for a body? Why were they digging out the larger of the two holes and not the smaller one?

Friends and neighbors are keeping their eyes on the property and will continue to provide me with updates.

There was a notice placed on the front door (I am presuming by Henderson), signed by sister Sharon/Conservator, to the effect that anyone caught trespassing...

I've pulled this info about Stephanie from a list we put together on 9/2/13 on the previous thread, post #474. There may be additions we can add. Feel free.

Lost weight (not sure how, why or when).
Stephanie had lost 15-20 lbs. She expressed to me that POI pushed her to loose weight and that she hadn't been 115 lbs (her weight at the time of her disappearance) since "she was a kid." She felt too thin, and was actively eating me out of house and home in an attempt to put more weight on because we were teasing her about her lack of bottom. I strongly feel this is another illustration of the strange control POI had over her.

Probably not depressed (volunteered regularly, was in the parade).
Stephanie was NOT depressed at the time of her disappearance. She was actively contributing to support less fortunate members of our community and was proud of the positive difference she was making. She loved her babies and she loved and was much loved by her friends and her adopted family.

Says she got married (probably not legally, probably to POI who referred to himself as her bf and fiancé).
The marriage: NOT legal. A covenant POI and Stephanie made with POI's version of God. She told me that he told her that they'd have "over a thousand babies in heaven" and I told her that THAT was pure "hogwash." She laughed and responded that he was "kind of a nut, but that she loved him..."

Promoted POI's videos on FB as recently as June 20.
I was really upset with her about this and told her she was being irrational and was acting brainwashed/crazy and I clearly told her that she wasn't to bring POI or his twisted views around my home!

Played online Poker. Last game apparently July 4 at 6:08 p.m.?
Steph played poker on a nightly basis, but she'd play AFTER she called and spoke with me and her Mom. She was excited about the parade, about her participation. Steph would have been calling me to tell me all about it; NOT playing a poker game. Given her nightly routine (calling me, calling her Mom), I strongly feel she was NOT the one playing poker on the 4th.

Bible verses posted until June 7.
Stephanie was always a spiritual person and considered herself Christian, but only began quoting the bible AFTER she became an item with POI.

To the best of my knowledge, the following statements made by our brilliant Lilibet, are TRUE:

FB friend with son of POI but not dil.
Had elaborate tats.
Wore a cross necklace made of nails.
Maybe camera shy in parade video?
Had fight with bf in Ashland July 4 witnessed by others.
Alcohol device in car.
Car driven late p.m. July 4--early a.m. July 5.
Car/SUV is an off-road vehicle.[/QUOTE]

here is another list we put together 9/2/13 (post #439 previous thread) with what we knew about stephanie's boyfriend and person of interest, lennie/lonnie ames. Additions and corrections welcome.

Last to see her.
Didn't report her missing.
Arguing before she went missing.
No source of income. *actually youtube is a source of income. And possibly the poi administers several channels using different handles.
Is he her bf or her husband.
Cult-like background that promotes anti-government activity on helias314 youtube channel.
Stopped doing social media right after she went missing. *his history of video uploads has breaks of 3-7 days between uploads.
Has access to her vehicle.... That is designed to go off-road.
The two main routes from ashland to ruch have many opportunities to go off-road into the mountains.
Extensive knowledge of the woods because of his mining activity.
Accused her former bf in a tv interview.
Hasn't explained details like why they parted at the store, where he lives, etc.
Photos of him at parade show him wearing some kind of apparatus under his shirt and pants. (gun?)

thank you lilibit!!!

Thanks, Dicentra for your very interesting insights about the lists I posted. I can't take credit. They were a group effort and OldSteve actually started the one about Ames. It seemed like a good time to bring them forward from the previous thread and revisit them, add to them, etc.

Thanks Dicentra for clarifying some of those questions we were unsure of and keeping us informed of what's going on up there. Stay strong! You are doing wonderful things for Stephanie! Thank you for everything!!

A special thanks to Lilibet, Neptune, and Sasquatch. ;)

And Kimster! Stephanie is in the spotlight!! YAY!

Wow, OUOTP, thanks for the prayers for Stephanie. You all are soooo wonderful!!

Hey! Did anybody else notice that POI steadily downgraded himself from "husband" to "fiance" to "boyfriend" as time progressed?

Hey! Did anybody else notice that POI steadily downgraded himself from "husband" to "fiance" to "boyfriend" as time progressed?

YES!!! Although I don't recall that he ever called himself her husband, he definitely went from fiancé to boyfriend. I remember scratching my head about that, having seen "Got Married" on her FB page. He was certainly distancing himself as far as he could realistically go.

I was just thinking about the differences between the "Stephanie Missing" video Sasquatch made and the one Ames or his friend made. I think it's very telling that Ames/Helias314 didn't use his talent in the beginning to spread the word about Stephanie's disappearance. He could have asked family and friends for photos. He has a large audience on YouTube and he also could have provided it to local news stations as we did Sasquatch's video. It wasn't until he felt the need to defend himself that he came out with a video that was self-serving and shared unflattering information about Stephanie. He just doesn't get it, does he?

IMO, JMO

I was just thinking the SAME thing! LL/POI was probably just distracted... He was busy moving his son, Amanda and Amanda's mother, into STEPHANIE's HOUSE. Of course the late night partying probably kept them exhausted... Feeling kinda SNARKY today!

Dicentra, Maybe you can answer something I'm curious about. Do you know exactly when Ames and crew moved into Stephanie's? I know from FB that dil's Mom didn't arrive in the area until fairly late in July, but I assume the rest were living in the house before that. Son posted a photo of himself on FB apparently at Stephanie's on July 5, but there is no way to tell when it was taken. His hair was much shorter than in July 4 photos, but it could have been taken in the spring sometime. It just seemed funny to post it July 5. Do you have an exact date when they moved in?

Also, do you know when they left? I was under the impression, talking to a local neighbor, that they all cleared out around Sept. 5-7. Someone I know who was out in Ruch over Labor Day Sept. 2 was told that they were "squatting" at the house. I was in Ruch Tuesday Sept. 10 and was told that the animals were being dispersed to new homes that evening. All this is rumor, so I'm just trying to get an accurate time line. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member