OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully BBM - sadly, this seems like one of those cases in which unless the victim is found, nothing more will be done.

That's basically what Detective Henderson said in so many words when Ames was named a POI...we aren't naming him a suspect because we don't have a body. I'm afraid that the POI is very confident that Stephanie won't be found. Let's hope it turns out to be overconfidence.

By the way, Steve, it's nice to see you posting. Hope everything has been OK and that you're surviving the polar vortex.

:seeya:

Here is an interesting link someone posted on the McStay Family thread about profiling the killer. It has to do with white collar criminals involved in fraud who turn to murder if someone threatens to expose them. These people become "red collar" criminals, even though they haven't been violent before. Preventing exposure is the motive, rather than money, love/hate/jealousy, etc.

It made me think of things that Stephanie knew about Ames (perhaps even more than we know about). If she threatened to expose him, or he suspected she might, that could be enough of a motive to "disappear" her. Interesting reading.

http://www.theforensicexaminer.com/archive/spring08/6/

Here is an interesting link someone posted on the McStay Family thread about profiling the killer. It has to do with white collar criminals involved in fraud who turn to murder if someone threatens to expose them. These people become "red collar" criminals, even though they haven't been violent before. Preventing exposure is the motive, rather than money, love/hate/jealousy, etc.

It made me think of things that Stephanie knew about Ames (perhaps even more than we know about). If she threatened to expose him, or he suspected she might, that could be enough of a motive to "disappear" her. Interesting reading.

http://www.theforensicexaminer.com/archive/spring08/6/

I skimmed the article... what interests me is in what happens to the psyche of someone who gets away with killing someone. I would think they think they become emboldened, confident they can get away with doing it again.
I cannot imagine anyone being around such a person, fearing you might become the next victim...

"I know her mom is very upset," comments her fiancee.

http://www.kobi5.com/news/local-news/item/last-to-see-missing-woman-tell-us-more-about-her.html

I know it's an old article but I wanted to bump because I still find that remark astounding. Talk about distancing. It's as though he's talking about someone he only knew in passing.

http://www.kobi5.com/news/local-news/item/last-to-see-missing-woman-tell-us-more-about-her.html

BBM

It's sort of like he was saying things he thought someone with a missing fiancée should say, but missing the right tone by a mile. And let's not forget my personal favorite, "baffling", from the same article. :banghead:

He tells us he doesn't know where she could have gone that night, "It's totally baffling right now."

"I know her mom is very upset," comments her fiancee.

What I got from this comment was "her mom is very upset, but I'm not". Simply being "baffled" isn't a normal reaction from a boyfriend/husband. This comment coupled with the fact that he (POI) didn't participate in any searches, makes me think he knows that Stephanie is gone and he's not very upset about it.

Old Steve is correct. Even a tough, seasoned person can't deal with or "process" killing someone. IMO it comes out somehow. Illnesses, insomnia, drinking/drugs, nightmares, etc. Most people are unable to handle such a traumatic event. Unless, of course, you're a complete sociopath or psychopath. This POI is "out there" but I don't think he's reached the sociopathic level IMHO.

Yes, the camp was searched, as was the decrepit old trailer there. Police did say they found and removed things of interest I believe, but they didn't say what.

Incidentally, the fact there was a camp there at all is revealing. For the benefit of the Oregon community as a whole, camps are forbidden on those placer claims, as every respectable, law abiding placer there is aware of. It is telling that Lenny Ames chose to ignore rules he was meant to abide by and fought for years to do what he wanted, to the point he lost everything.

Yes, the camp was searched, as was the decrepit old trailer there. Police did say they found and removed things of interest I believe, but they didn't say what.

Incidentally, the fact there was a camp there at all is revealing. For the benefit of the Oregon community as a whole, camps are forbidden on those placer claims, as every respectable, law abiding placer there is aware of. It is telling that Lenny Ames chose to ignore rules he was meant to abide by and fought for years to do what he wanted, to the point he lost everything.

Thanks zwiebel!
I have been trying to catch up and brainstorm
Interesting indeed

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

It's been silent on the FB and YouTube of Lennie Ames and family since early November and early December. Although father and son are still quiet, dil has surfaced back in Georgia a couple of days ago. Apparently she just arrived, although her Mom has been back there for awhile. She doesn't mention LA and JF. This is interesting because I was under the impression that they had all gone to Georgia in December. Apparently not.

I've also been following some interesting discussions on the YouTube channel of the mining buddy DE who was arrested when LA and JF were. He seems to be communicating with someone named JS who refers to himself as a detective and has LOTS to say about how Jackson County is mistreating poor LA and JF in connection with Stephanie. He also discusses Detective Henderson and an attorney representing LA and JF. There's also an interesting comment from dil on the first link. Lovely folks.

DE's channel (click on Discussion):
http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCw5FRM-gjeF1_6_gqcQCXXg?desktop_uri=/channel/UCw5FRM-gjeF1_6_gqcQCXXg

On DE's channel you can also watch recently posted videos of JF driving to "camp" and demonstrating how they look for gold in the river, as well as the "raid" on the DE's mining camp. I'm sure these are fairly old videos. I'm curious why they have been posted recently.

JS's channel (click on Discussion):
http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCoczqg46IxHU82dueDb7kpA?desktop_uri=/channel/UCoczqg46IxHU82dueDb7kpA

I would imagine this name is a pseudonym. I don't think it's LA, but it certainly is someone closely allied with him.

I've been sitting on this YouTube stuff for awhile, but it's been too quiet around here recently, so I thought I'd make some noise! And yes, Henderson knows.

Unless it's a private detective, I would think any law enforcement officer could be subject to reprimands or worse for insulting and making vague threats against a fellow officer trying to investigate a crime.

If the person is just pretending to be a detective it's illegal of course. Felony or misdemeanor, depending on the circumstances.

It also strikes me some extremely outspoken remarks are being attributed to an attorney out there, by someone else. I wonder if the attorney is aware?

Unless it's a private detective, I would think any law enforcement officer could be subject to reprimands or worse for insulting and making vague threats against a fellow officer trying to investigate a crime.

If the person is just pretending to be a detective it's illegal of course. Felony or misdemeanor, depending on the circumstances.

Having done a little more sleuthing, I'm pretty sure this person is not a detective except in his own mind. He's a lot like LA in his beliefs, but his tinfoil hat is even bigger! It's all so bizarre what these folks believe and that they get such a large following of like-minded people. Cue Twilight Zone music! :scared:

Having done a little more sleuthing, I'm pretty sure this person is not a detective except in his own mind. He's a lot like LA in his beliefs, but his tinfoil hat is even bigger! It's all so bizarre what these folks believe and that they get such a large following of like-minded people. Cue Twilight Zone music! :scared:

I agree, Lilibet. I think this is one of LA flunkies who wants to give LA some "good" pub. Just can't stop thinking about Stephanie. She needs to be found. So glad that this thread exists. Would someone please post the link to that You Tube video tribute to Stephanie??? Many Thanks.

I agree, Lilibet. I think this is one of LA flunkies who wants to give LA some "good" pub. Just can't stop thinking about Stephanie. She needs to be found. So glad that this thread exists. Would someone please post the link to that You Tube video tribute to Stephanie??? Many Thanks.

Yes, Stephanie does need to be found. Unfortunately, I think she is well hidden and there is too much land in that area to search with only hunches to go on. Someone knows something and hopefully the weakest link will break sooner than later.

Here is the video link. You can find all Stephanie's links in my signature. Grab your Kleenex. Thanks for being here.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=stDakD...Fwatch%3Fv%3DstDakDoSz9s%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Rarely post due to work but I'm still here keeping up with Stephanie and praying she's found. Thanks so much to all of you for keeping this thread alive and continuing to try and find a clue.

It's been silent on the FB and YouTube of Lennie Ames and family since early November and early December. Although father and son are still quiet, dil has surfaced back in Georgia a couple of days ago. Apparently she just arrived, although her Mom has been back there for awhile. She doesn't mention LA and JF. This is interesting because I was under the impression that they had all gone to Georgia in December. Apparently not.

(snipped)

Sons marital status changed the same day.

(snipped)

Sons marital status changed the same day.

Good catch! I missed that. Life on the run must not be fun.

It lasted less than a year. So what do you do with a tattooed wedding ring? :)

Son JF came back on FB today, showing off his ninth degree black belt jump and kick, enhanced with flames.

Can't he be tracked by FB posts? He's wanted for probation violation. I imagine he and LA are together.

Where's Stephanie??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member