OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that link working before Lilibet? I'm just getting a 404 error now.

“Michael had been forced out of his job as Police Chief, but he is FBI-trained and has an incredibly brilliant mind,” McQueen said. “When I told him about the murder, he said he hadn’t heard a thing, but I could see the wheels turning in his head. While he was no longer associated with the police department, he wanted to still wanted to get involved with the case. That’s when I got the Facebook thread going.."

"If Michael Bianca’s theory is true, that cases like this can be solved with a greater communication between the police and its citizens, it might behoove the police department to open up a little bit. After almost two years of sitting in their bunkers and trying to connect the dots, they may need to consider a new approach."

Here is the article. It's a long one on a pdf that took me ages to download.
http://www.sneakpre.com/Archives/Ashland/October2013/Ashland-Sneak-Preview-October13.pdf

Thanks for reposting the link, Zwie. I'm not sure what the problem was. Unfortunately, you have to download the whole 60 page newspaper to get the three page story. The editor, Curtis Hayden, likes to buck the system and dig deeper into stories than the local MSM. I don't always agree with him, but he is always thought-provoking and fearless. Mike Bianca was a really good guy as a patrolman and very well-liked in the community. We weren't here when he became chief and was not backed by his staff, but I respect his opinion about communication in investigations. Unnecessary silence and secrecy alienate the very people you need.

So often cases (even cold cases) are solved by someone remembering the smallest detail. That is why LE interviews family, friends, neighbors and co-workers multiple times. They also have different detectives interview the same person because there is an off-chance that a different detective will phrase a question differently or pick up on some non-verbal indicators. Public help is very valuable. LE can ask for assistance and share some details without completely jeopardizing the evidence. Someone knows details that can help find Stephanie. I know it.

There are also lots of cases where people have been in a relationship/friendship and one has covered for the other. When that relationship implodes, one person goes to the police.

Although obviously, if you're hanging around someone you think may have committed a crime, you stand a good chance of disappearing yourself - see Drew Peterson for that.

I suppose it's a risk some people think is worth taking. I think they are dangerously misguided, myself.

I just ran across a comment by Stephanie on a wolf lovers FB page* from June 16, a year ago today. The quote under the wolf photo said "Let us not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in awareness." A good message for us here on Stephanie's thread.

I wish she had been more aware of the people around her. Interestingly, Ames' dil's name is listed "with" about 24 others under the quote. I'm not sure what that means in FB-speak.

Stephanie's comment was "Absolutely beautiful!!!" I agree.

https://www.facebook.com/2352055832...35205583229761/460555870694730/?type=1&ref=nf

*This page has nothing to do with the "Lethal Wolf" family that son and dil were involved with, or Ames "Lone Wolf" logo on his YouTube videos...all of which we discussed ad infinitum last year. It's simply people who love and want to protect wolves, which I can picture Stephanie wanting to do.

Lilibet, I found that photo of Det Henderson ages ago, Lol! He is a very handsome young man.

That's not what caught my eye in the first place though - it was the 'crazy' written in red on the whiteboard behind him.

We might be crazy to think Stephanie's case will be resolved. Equally, the person who disappeared her might be crazy to think they'll get away with it.

Search Continues for Missing Ruch Woman

The search for Stephanie Anne Warner, 43, has continued for almost a year.

More: http://www.kajo.com/news/local/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1403184939&ucat=2

From the article:

' detectives named Lennie Laverne Ames, 61, as a person of interest in Warner’s disappearance. He was Warner’s boyfriend and the last person known to see her alive, He currently has unrelated warrants for his arrest in Jackson County.'

So does this mean that if he should be found in Florida, for example, he could be arrested?

Lilibet, I found that photo of Det Henderson ages ago, Lol! He is a very handsome young man.

That's not what caught my eye in the first place though - it was the 'crazy' written in red on the whiteboard behind him.

We might be crazy to think Stephanie's case will be resolved. Equally, the person who disappeared her might be crazy to think they'll get away with it.
BBM

I'm going with the latter, of course. :)

From the article:

' detectives named Lennie Laverne Ames, 61, as a person of interest in Warner’s disappearance. He was Warner’s boyfriend and the last person known to see her alive, He currently has unrelated warrants for his arrest in Jackson County.'

So does this mean that if he should be found in Florida, for example, he could be arrested?

BBM

I'm sure he could be, but IMO I doubt JCSO would have him arrested just for these warrants unless they had something bigger to charge him with. I think they issued those warrants as insurance once they knew he had left the state. Perhaps it's easier to bring him back here on the lesser charge before charging him with Stepanie's disappearance. Less interstate paperwork maybe?

You mean this guy is on the run?

BBM

Maybe sauntering? He hung around Oregon near Salem until the end of December we think. Henderson seemed to know where he was and said he was "cooperating." Where he is now is anybody's guess. :mad: And so we wait for the inevitable slip-up that reveals his location. :waiting:

Technically, he is free to go anywhere he wants, since he's not a "suspect" because no body has been found, says Henderson. Actually, if they had enough evidence they could charge and try him without Stephanie being found. For now, he is just a "person of interest" because he really can't be ruled out. But if you google that term, it's pretty meaningless in terms of LE having any control over him.

You mean this guy is on the run?

If he is ever stopped for anything (even a speeding ticket), he would be arrested on the Oregon warrants. LE would probably never pay to extradite him back to Oregon on those warrants but they could legally IMO. They might also let him sit in jail for a day or two while they made up their minds (only if that tactic is legal, of course). We would not want to infridge on the rights of an up-standing, law abiding citizen now, would we? :floorlaugh:

Wonder where he is? Did someone say they'd heard he was in Florida? Georgia? That is about as far away from Oregon as you can get. Sure hope there are no women in his life right now. Scary thought. Can you imagine someone telling you, "Excuse me miss, your boyfriend was the last person to have seen his former fiancé/girlfriend. She was riding in a vehicle with him on the 4th of July and then poof, she disappeared."

All of the above is just my opinion and/or imagination. Happy Friday!

If he is ever stopped for anything (even a speeding ticket), he would be arrested on the Oregon warrants. LE would probably never pay to extradite him back to Oregon on those warrants but they could legally IMO. They might also let him sit in jail for a day or two while they made up their minds (only if that tactic is legal, of course). We would not want to infridge on the rights of an up-standing, law abiding citizen now, would we? :floorlaugh:

Wonder where he is? Did someone say they'd heard he was in Florida? Georgia? That is about as far away from Oregon as you can get. Sure hope there are no women in his life right now. Scary thought. Can you imagine someone telling you, "Excuse me miss, your boyfriend was the last person to have seen his former fiancé/girlfriend. She was riding in a vehicle with him on the 4th of July and then poof, she disappeared."

All of the above is just my opinion and/or imagination. Happy Friday!

BBM

Florida and Georgia were just speculations, based on social media awhile back. DIL went back to GA, but they all could be anywhere by now and probably are.
All is quiet. Too quiet.

Yes, pity any women in his life!

It's coming up to Stephanie's missing anniversary. I think we need some more activity with her case?

It's coming up to Stephanie's missing anniversary. I think we need some more activity with her case?

True. I hope that after a year the POI(s)' tangled webs of deceit and dissembling are unraveling and the investigators are tying up their loose ends.

The administrator of Stephanie's Missing FB page asked that people message her on FB about any news stories about Stephanie during this anniversary time. Could someone who does FB send her the link now to the Dateline story and to any others that may be posted here in the next week or so. I pm'd her on WS, but I'm not sure she will see it. She said she's really busy.

Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/stephaniewarnermissing

P.S. And of course, if you spot a story, please post it here too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme