GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some underground shaft/pipe areas near roslyn lake just down the road from dodge park I really hope they have searched those areas.

Is it me or just because they are so calm? It does not seem to be any urgency on their part.This is becoming more confusing.

I *highly* doubt it doesn't have cams. I'd be shocked if it truly does not have them. I could be wrong. I'd go check this one out, but it's rush hour right now and that Walmart is about 15 miles from me.

How did they get the 11:17am time for when the vehicle was put there? Possibly by a cam from another business, but..

ETA: I'm curious as to what you mean by "different", but that's OT, so nevermind.

"green" mostly and that the public is very active in decision making. i hear it's beautiful too, of course. anyway, i was trying to make sense of the no cameras rumor. i thought maybe they left cameras out of some parking lots for scenic purposes? a stretch, i know. anyhow, i see that there are light posts in the lot ;)

and i see that they are reviewing footage of wal-mart too.

Some good questions asked by reporters at the presser. I appreciated the way that they tried to get information in a way that was not going to get a "no comment" answer. The PIO is a sharp cookie, and he is playing this very close to the vest.

I am concerned about the fact that the PIO could only offer a "We are hopeful" rather than the typical party line of "we think so and so is alive because we have nothing to suggest otherwise.
Maybe I am just reading into things too deeply.

I have a hunch about why they are keeping things so close to the vest, and in case I am right, I will not post it in this public forum. Lets hope I am right and it works.

Is it me or just because they are so calm? It does not seem to be any urgency on their part.This is becoming more confusing.

A good publicity for their faith but I hope she is safe. Too early to contemplate that direction. Let's not go that side.

Trying to wrap my head around the timeline here.
So, we have about a 2 hour window from the time she left her house to the use of her card (and when she was reportedly seen in the car), then from there we have another near 2 hour window where the car was out in the park and then back to Walmart by 11:17.

Correct?

Timing is pretty specific here and will be huge as to SAR ops.

Is there cell coverage out at these two parks?

Is there remote river access along the area?

I think he said that they are only concentrating on Larch Mountain areas.

Good transcribing btw.

Yes. I'm thinking that may be where her cell phone records indicate she (her cell phone) was last.

LE is not sure if a crime was committed?

Strange...so,LE is still not releasing the video footage ? No description of a possible abductor ? It just doesn't sound like LE knows very much ?

That neighbor who spioke to her when she was leaving to go to her car...were they both outside when they had their convo ? If so, what did the neighbor see ? I would want to talk n talk n talk to the neighbor...did he hear anything ? see anyone ?

Well this guy didnt grabb a girl off the street and dissappear they stopped for gas and then stopped at an ATM. It could be that LE has video of her in the car and him taking out the money.

Alot of this makes no sense at all

But lets say they took off together how did her car get back from wherever they went and why did they go there.
The back seats down to me says they or he put something in the car before leaving it at wallmart
I think LE knows alot more and has video .

Ughh, some reporter asking if Whitney staged this to escape her life ... GAG, really?
I remember a case a few years ago that went national where the wife and her new boyfriend left her car with a flat tire in a parking lot and headed down to florida and she had a small child at home.You never know.

Strange...so,LE is still not releasing the video footage ? No description of a possible abductor ? It just doesn't sound like LE knows very much ?

That neighbor who spioke to her when she was leaving to go to her car...were they both outside when they had their convo ? If so, what did the neighbor see ? I would want to talk n talk n talk to the neighbor...did he hear anything ? see anyone ?

They still have alot of video to go through yet plus releasing video footage might jeopardize this case.

Have not gone through all the video yet.

Broken window, was it broken out or in? Will not discuss or tell media which it was.

Maybe she broke the window to try to escape? Makes me sad to think of what happened in that car. :(

LE is not sure if a crime was committed?

IMO, that's what they all say at this stage of the investigation. You would be able to knock me over with a feather, if this was something Whitney staged. I'm not getting a "I wanna new life" vibe from this case.
icon9.gif

This is NOT meant to cast aspersions on anyone but...I have a friend who left the JW faith when she was a young woman. It was VERY difficult. The shunning thing really does happen, and she lost most of her family except the ones who also were no longer JW.

I'm thinking if a young woman was having a lot of doubts and was desperate to get out...a lot of different scenarios could play out. She would have to keep those doubts completely wrapped up in herself, from what I understand, because of how the religion thinks about these things. She could reach a breaking point and just take off, or find someone who will run off with her, or just leave without completely thinking about how it would look or the consequences...lots of possibilities.

This does give some hope that she is alive, at least.

It was mentioned by the news-reporter and not by LE. LE declined to talk about any questions pertaining to this. So the news-lady made her own conclusion

Sorry I missed the very beginning so this was the PIO speaking.Got ya

not necessarily with a bicycle but I have seen creeps hang out during the night at state highways or small highways which has lot of shopping options.

If that is the case, there are more camera footage of him the night before (Monday night-Tuesday morning) along the way - mostly at the gas stations close to her work.

I live on the other side of Portland in a super suburby suburb, but wanted to chime in on this point. I have NEVER seen so many homeless people hanging around businesses near the highway as I see here. I live within sight of 26, which is the highway where Whitney's apartment is located, and there are "regulars" at all the major businesses/intersections in the neighborhood. None of them are threatening or sketchy looking, but it's definitely a weird thing that I noticed right away.

Not sure if this is just my area (again, close to the highway and major roads, lots of businesses and traffic) or if it's a Portland suburb thing or what. This is a fairly decent area and I imagine they feel safer here than they would in NE Portland. There's one in particular who is a girl a little older than I am, and whenever I see her I feel this bizarre mixture of relief that she's still okay enough to be standing there and fear for what might happen to her if she continues.

I hope Whitney is okay. I don't have a good feeling about this one and I don't like it when these cases hit so close to home. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member