GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think how everyone would react is different, so it's hard to say. I see your point about the gun, but a gun wouldn't stop me from screaming at the gas station attendant for help...BUT I am a WS member and know my chances are far better playing the odds that he won't shoot me in front of the attendant or if he does at least the attendant will call LE as opposed to keeping quiet and letting him take me away wherever.

WS should be manditory reading. :laughitup:

How far from the Starbucks she worked at to the Walmart?

And is there a bus station near the Walmart? Her house? The Starbucks?

674131375.jpg

Did they say that they had helpful info from Starbucks in the presser? If that is the case, then she must have been taken while getting out of her car to go into Starbucks rather than when she left her apt.

They did say that, good point. If nothing else, it just means they are eliminating she even arrived at work that morning in the first place.

WS should be manditory reading. :laughitup:

We read and follow so many sad cases, but I truly believe that in some ways that knowledge can prepare any one of us to avoid or survive certain situations.....especially because anyone that's a member here definitely knows that unfortunately these things CAN happen to anyone.

Well Good Night all, even though it's still daylight in Oregon. My thoughts go out to Whitney's family and friends in this time of uncertainty and anguish. May they and the searchers have strength to stay united and strong to endure what I can't imagine.

Peace be with them

That's funny! I was gonna say Whoaaaaaa Nellie! LOL

:blushing: i dont get so worked up as i did in my much younger days.... but car windows break much easier than i thought as it was not my intent to break the window and was surprised when it did...learned my lesson - it wasnt my car...even more :blushing:

Hi all, just popping in real quick to offer my two cents. I don't know every detail of this case, but have been reading a bit on the Find Whitney Heichel page, and I watched the most recent news conference. I really apologize, but I can't possibly catch up on all 30 pages of this thread! I'm sorry!!

I really just want to say that my gut feeling at this point (seriously, my opinion only!) is that LE feels she potentially took off on her own, and staged a disappearance. This feeling is based mostly on the press conference. When someone asked if the community needed to be worried (or something to that effect), the detective stressed how rare stranger-on-stranger abductions are. I think if he thought there was someone out there who had randomly adbucted her, he would have stressed the need for vigilance among citizens. Secondly, didn't he say something about not even being certain that a crime had occurred? I don't have the exact quote, sorry. Thirdly, I don't believe he offered any info in terms of a suspect to be on the lookout for. Out of all the video surveillance everywhere her card was used, I would think that by now they would have determined whether she was with someone and under duress.

Again, JMO!!!!!! Someone mentioned upthread about the Tiffany Tehan case, I believe. This definitely strikes a similar bell to me.

GRESHAM, Ore. -- At the Starbucks in Gresham, customers know Whitney Heichel by name. They say she always has that smile on her face.

"She's just very friendly and outgoing and I'm just devastated to hear that she is missing," customer Kelli Raglione told KGW.

The 21-year-old grew up in Gresham. She was a well-respected student and in January of 2011, she married Clinton Heichel.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Who-is-Whitney-Heichel-174858721.html

Hi all, just popping in real quick to offer my two cents. I don't know every detail of this case, but have been reading a bit on the Find Whitney Heichel page, and I watched the most recent news conference. I really apologize, but I can't possibly catch up on all 30 pages of this thread! I'm sorry!!

I really just want to say that my gut feeling at this point (seriously, my opinion only!) is that LE feels she potentially took off on her own, and staged a disappearance. This feeling is based mostly on the press conference. When someone asked if the community needed to be worried (or something to that effect), the detective stressed how rare stranger-on-stranger abductions are. I think if he thought there was someone out there who had randomly adbucted her, he would have stressed the need for vigilance among citizens. Secondly, didn't he say something about not even being certain that a crime had occurred? I don't have the exact quote, sorry. Thirdly, I don't believe he offered any info in terms of a suspect to be on the lookout for. Out of all the video surveillance everywhere her card was used, I would think that by now they would have determined whether she was with someone and under duress.

Again, JMO!!!!!! Someone mentioned upthread about the Tiffany Tehan case, I believe. This definitely strikes a similar bell to me.

BBM-Good input, but I have a different viewpoint.

They feel she knows the perp or are trying to quell any potential public hysteria. Saying they are "not certain a crime has occurred" is just SOP at this point. Seen both of his statements repeated in many cases, at this particular juncture. This is only day two, it's still early :moo:

BBM-Good input, but I have a different viewpoint.

They feel she knows the perp or are trying to quell any potential public hysteria. Saying they are "not certain a crime has occurred" is just SOP at this point. Seen both of his statements repeated in many cases, at this particular juncture. This is only day two, it's still early :moo:

Like Samantha Koenig. Wouldn't release the video, although the reasoning was different, and told the public they didn't feel they needed to be concerned for their safety. I think in this case they believe Whitney was specifically targeted.

Hmmmm. 7 minutes ago on the facebook page, someone posted that there are many police vehicles, news broadcasters, and forensic vehicles headed up Larch Mountain. The person who posted this says she lives near there.

I thought someone said something about this "horrible crime" in the PC this morning...will look for it.

It seems the family has been told more (what they found, video, DNA?) than what the presser is telling us,
by the family spokesman's comment: "I hope we catch whoever committed this horrible crime."

Ok, it was family SP that said it (horrible crime...), not LE.

:blushing: i dont get so worked up as i did in my much younger days.... but car windows break much easier than i thought as it was not my intent to break the window and was surprised when it did...learned my lesson - it wasnt my car...even more :blushing:

That's funny, cuz the first time I tried to break a car window all I did was jam my leg all up and have it hurt for days. Clearly you hit the sweet spot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3