GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that or someone waiting for her at work is the most likely scenario. Interesting thought about the window. It definitely has the markings of a car jacking in some ways.

I hope we get some news soon.

I feel like it most likely is related to her work too....I keep thinking a regular, someone fixated on her and that he might have been waiting for her, but I hadn't even considered it could've happened at the apt complex before so I figured I'd throw it out there. I am fearful for her, this has all the earmarks of the ones that don't end well :(

I have never heard of, and I can't imagine how, a carjacking would result in the passenger window being broken. The gas station attendant in Troutdale who saw Whitney and the driver acting suspiciously at 9:14 AM made no mention of Whitney's window being down/missing/broken even though the temperature would have been in the 50's. I'm wondering if the broken window came latter. Perhaps something went wrong such as the perp locking the keys in or Whitney locking the perp out.

The gas station where she was seen at 9:17 is only about 2 miles from both Whitney's Apt or her place of employment yet this was over 2 hours after the probable abduction. My guess is the perp did what he was going to do during that time frame. But why return to the scene of the crime (the abduction).

One possibility is that he did what he did somewhere in the Gresham area but this plan was then to take Whitney out of town and the car was low on gas. If he was done with her and planned to kill her, why was she still alive? Traveling with an abducted girl would be very risky. Perhaps he wasn't done with her. Also, in Oregon, a gas station is a good way to "test" a debit/credit card since you can use it without leaving the vehicle. Perhaps he wanted to be sure it worked and the PIN she gave him was correct. (He may have wanted her alive until he was sure the card would work) We do know he used the card "several times" but we don't know where or when and we don't know if it worked.

One could drive to the Larch Mountain area and return easily in 2 hours. He could have gone there between 7:00 and 9:17 or he could have gone there between 9:17 and soon after 11:00 AM, when the vehicle is believed to have been dropped off at Walmart. He could have gone to the same place twice, but he would not have needed to return to that gas station. (there are plenty of gas stations along Hwy 84)_My guess is that the Perp either changed his plans or was working "on the fly". He sounds like he was not so well "organized".

One possibility is that at some point after the gas station he left the vehicle at an ATM and Whitney was unable to escape but she was able to lock all doors. The Perp may have had to break the glass. He may have panicked and changed his plans at that point.

The Wal-Mart where the vehicle was dropped was about 2-2.5 miles from the probable abduction site. He would likely either live near there or have his own vehicle stashed. I hope video cams along probable routes south are being checked.

I'm willing to bet he either lived near her, knew her for that reason and abducted her from the Apt parking area or he knew her from Starbucks and abducted her from the area where she parked (most likely the former).

Locals -

Is HWY 26 the same as the Mount Hood HWY? Also - if so, is Starbucks roughly 4 miles down the road on Burnside?

I have never heard of, and I can't imagine how, a carjacking would result in the passenger window being broken. The gas station attendant in Troutdale who saw Whitney and the driver acting suspiciously at 9:14 AM made no mention of Whitney's window being down/missing/broken even though the temperature would have been in the 50's. I'm wondering if the broken window came latter. Perhaps something went wrong such as the perp locking the keys in or Whitney locking the perp out.

The gas station where she was seen at 9:17 is only about 2 miles from both Whitney's Apt or her place of employment yet this was over 2 hours after the probable abduction. My guess is the perp did what he was going to do during that time frame. But why return to the scene of the crime (the abduction).

One possibility is that he did what he did somewhere in the Gresham area but this plan was then to take Whitney out of town and the car was low on gas. If he was done with her and planned to kill her, why was she still alive? Traveling with an abducted girl would be very risky. Perhaps he wasn't done with her. Also, in Oregon, a gas station is a good way to "test" a debit/credit card since you can use it without leaving the vehicle. Perhaps he wanted to be sure it worked and the PIN she gave him was correct. (He may have wanted her alive until he was sure the card would work) We do know he used the card "several times" but we don't know where or when and we don't know if it worked.

One could drive to the Larch Mountain area and return easily in 2 hours. He could have gone there between 7:00 and 9:17 or he could have gone there between 9:17 and soon after 11:00 AM, when the vehicle is believed to have been dropped off at Walmart. He could have gone to the same place twice, but he would not have needed to return to that gas station. (there are plenty of gas stations along Hwy 84)_My guess is that the Perp either changed his plans or was working "on the fly". He sounds like he was not so well "organized".

One possibility is that at some point after the gas station he left the vehicle at an ATM and Whitney was unable to escape but she was able to lock all doors. The Perp may have had to break the glass. He may have panicked and changed his plans at that point.

The Wal-Mart where the vehicle was dropped was about 2-2.5 miles from the probable abduction site. He would likely either live near there or have his own vehicle stashed. I hope video cams along probable routes south are being checked.

I'm willing to bet he either lived near her, knew her for that reason and abducted her from the Apt parking area or he knew her from Starbucks and abducted her from the area where she parked (most likely the former).

BBM - I just want to address these two points. First, about the gas station attendant not noticing the broken window that's an excellent point. Maybe it wasn't broken by someone trying to get in but maybe she broke it by kicking or something, trying to get out or trying to draw attention.

Secondly, as far as testing the PIN, when I use my debit card at gas stations here they just run my debit card as credit and I never enter my PIN. The only exception is if I go in to pay which I'm assuming didn't happen here.

2 theories:
1) The suspects car was likely parked in the WalMart parking lot. One can guess that it was somewhere near the eventual parking spot of the SUV. It's a 2 mile, approximately 30 minute walk or 11 minute bike ride from WalMart to her Starbucks.

2) Suspect was on a bike and works at the Walmart or lives close to the Walmart. The seats laid down inside the vehicle were to fit the bike.

Either way, I believe we are looking for a customer at the Starbucks who had a thing for her.

Yes but no clue on the Starbucks.. I'm from the far West side =)

Also, to make it even more confusing, the farther west you go Hwy 26 is also called Powell Blvd. and when you cross the Willamette into Portland proper and out toward Beaverton it's called the Sunset Hwy. Make sense? Not really.

I'm looking at her Facebook...she is a captivating young lady. She has a warm spirit that shines through her pictures. Such joy and light in her eyes, such a bright future in front of her. I want to scream! Another young woman missing and likely a victim of unspeakable violence. This makes me SO angry, and sick to my stomach. I pray she is found safe but I am not optimistic.

So she is a Jehovah's Witness? I have gathered that from comments in social media such as reference to her Kingdom Hall.

Could she be running from involvement in that group?

So she is a Jehovah's Witness? I have gathered that from comments in social media such as reference to her Kingdom Hall.

Could she be running from involvement in that group?

I have no idea what faith she practiced, but from her Facebook she seems to just exude happiness. I do not get the feeling she was running away from anything.

do we know that the gas purchased actaully went into that vehicle? Can you not buy gas for a gas can? (then take it somewhere and use it to burn... something?)

And the window being broken but not noticed by gas attendant. If attendant was on drivers side, might not have even noticed, especially if attendant was busying noticing the guy was odd. (forget the word used sorry - I know it was not "odd")

I have no idea what faith she practiced, but from her Facebook she seems to just exude happiness. I do not get the feeling she was running away from anything.

I get that feeling too. She seems like one of those people that enters a room and everyone immediately stops what they're doing to notice her. She just seems to have that "thing" about her. I can definitely tell she has a good heart and soul, seems like a total sweetheart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme