GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what kind of phone she had? I have an iPhone, and for example @ 1030 this morning it was at 74% and right now (3:00) it is at 54%. I have been on WS quite a bit today and have sent and received maybe 10 texts. My battery can go pretty long, especially if I'm not using the phone.

I just went to her recent uploads on her FB from Oct.6 and it said "via mobile"
So I clicked on that and it took me to apps for an I phone. But I'm really not sure if it means anything.

The gas station employee described the guy who paid for the gas as "nervous " ? So, he got a pretty good look at him,to be able to notice his mood...MOO So why hasn't LE released a description of this man ?

And they are still not describing this as an abduction ? But, a young woman seemingly vanished from her apartment parking lot on her way to work ? She's been gone more than 3 days now ?

Any sign of the FBI yet ?

JMO

The gas station employee described the guy who paid for the gas as "nervous " ? So, he got a pretty good look at him,to be able to notice his mood...MOO So why hasn't LE released a description of this man ?

And they are still not describing this as an abduction ? But, a young woman seemingly vanished from her apartment parking lot on her way to work ? She's been gone more than 3 days now ?

Any sign of the FBI yet ?

JMO

BBM: They said in the presser that the FBI is involved.
As to your other questions, I too am baffled!

Probably nothing, but I hate the wording of the call to her husband from her boss. It may just be badly relayed by her husband to the press, but it just sounds so awkward if it's what he actually said when he called looking for her " hey, I was just curious...did Whitney decide to be sick or not feeling well today?"
Curious? Decide to be sick? Idk, just bugs me somehow.

Probably nothing, but I hate the wording of the call to her husband from her boss. It may just be badly relayed by her husband to the press, but it just sounds so awkward if it's what he actually said when he called looking for her " hey, I was just curious...did Whitney decide to be sick or not feeling well today?"
Curious? Decide to be sick? Idk, just bugs me somehow.

Yeah, I thought it was weird how it was said too but wouldn't the boss have an alibi anyway with the other workers that opened that morning too?

I just went to her recent uploads on her FB from Oct.6 and it said "via mobile"
So I clicked on that and it took me to apps for an I phone. But I'm really not sure if it means anything.

Hmm. Any mention of an app called "Find my iPhone"? If my phone gets lost or stolen I can see where it is down to the exact address on my husbands iPhone.

Tying the earlier press release together with today's comments at the 10AM press conference:

I don't think Granjean slipped up in the presser. I do think he was confused as to the details of the case and couldn't even recall what was put out in the earlier press release.

:moo:

here is what he told everyone to refer to in terms of times at the press conference today (and was correct as to those times.. he just couldn't recall them):
At 6:45 a.m. Heichel left her apartment at the 700 block of S.E. Hwy. 26 to go to work.
At 7:00 a.m. Heichel was supposed to be at work at Starbucks in East Gresham near Powell and Burnside, approximately five minutes from her home. She did not arrive.
At 9:56 a.m. Heichel's husband called 9-1-1 to report her missing.
At 12:30 p.m. friends and family reported that Heichel's ATM card was used at a gas station at 257th and S.E. Stark. Detectives have since verified that the card was used and her vehicle was indeed at the station at 9:14 a.m.
http://greshamoregon.gov/news/newstemplate.aspx?id=281234

From the 10 AM presser today (10/19):
Q:
A: Yes, everybody is cooperating
Q:
A: Yes, I think we put that out, I want to say on Tuesday, there are some hours that we believe that to be true, I want to say 9-11 it was prior to 9:14, Shell was at 9:14, it was prior to that.
Q:
A: I'd have to refer to the previous thing I put out
Q:
A: I am pretty certain we said the vehicle was east of Gresham during 6-11 something, if I remember right, if you check the previous press release there was something in there about that.
Q:
A: At this point nobody has been totally cleared, but if you are asking if he's a suspect: no.

I agree that 'decide to be sick' wording is really weird, but it could be along the lines of 'decide to take a sick day'.

I mean, at this point most companies are aware of how often people use sick days without actually being 'sick'. Some companies just get it over with and call them personal days.

Just my interpretation though, either this or else the boss *was* being snarky about it. And probably regrets it now.

Can you tell just by looking at them what they do?
By how they carry themselves? or
Are they identified visually in a different way?
Like by a collar or a vest or anything?

Or does the timing of the disappearance call for a different dog?
Does that make sense?
Just curious...

Surely the HRD's aren't brought in for a few days.... or are they?

There are so many different styles of training and what people "outfit" them with that anymore it's hard to tell. 20 years ago it was way easier, but not so much anymore.

Time of disappearance and where they are working can definitely call for different dogs, but again, unless I know the dog, just a visual isn't going to tell me much anymore.

HRD's can be brought in immediately if they have reason to think they might need them. That will of course depend on the training the dogs have gone thru. Some are trained for the freshest (within minutes of death) and then there are those trained on mid (hours to days) and then still others who work archeological (hundreds of years old). Granted, some have training at multiple levels, but that's not always the case.

I have considered the possibility that one of the kids may have had the same type of phone and therefore the right type of charger to be able to turn the phone back on. Not sure, I'm just speculating the possible reason how the phone was able to still be used. Because, IMO, it would not stay charged that long.

I was thinking the exact same thing. These days most smart phones use either the mini usb or micro usb charger. I haven't had to buy a new charger for a smart phone and I've had many.
And if it was an Iphone that also usually takes only one kind of charger. It's very possible that they plugged it in to see what was on it.
If it went straight to VM when Clint tried to call it on Tuesday morning and they were able to see what was on it on Thursday they had to have turned it on at the very least because I don't know of a smart phone that would have enough battery power to stay on for 48 hours.

Does Clint have a FB or is it been disabled? Since when has his FB account been disabled?

On Whitney Heichel's page, someone expressed surprise that she'd finally joined Facebook (in 2010) and joked that it wasn't likely her husband would ever sign up for an account. The likely conclusion is that he's never had a Facebook account.

Did anyone see Whitney on the morning she vanished?? Neighbors??

he was clearly confused... he said, "I'd have to refer to the previous thing I put out"....

(the previous thing he put out was what I just posted)

Hmm. Any mention of an app called "Find my iPhone"? If my phone gets lost or stolen I can see where it is down to the exact address on my husbands iPhone.

This has to be enabled on the device (I believe it does not come enabled via default, and she could have "Location Services" turned off for privacy anyway), and the person has to be technically savvy enough to have done so. If they have, I'm assuming most PDs are smart enough to tap into that info somehow, but maybe this is a bad assumption on my part.

IF she had an iPhone, and IF she had Location Services/Find my iPhone enabled, then yeah, there are lots and lots of stories of LE finding stolen Apple goods that way.

This person is obviously not that experienced in this sort of thing and possibly an impulsive act. Everyone knows Walmart has cameras everywhere and that makes me believe this person doesn't sit around planning a whole lot. Why throw the phone out too...that just is sloppy as well? Why not bury it? Why not destroy it beyond recognition?...so many things there. He is either not the smartest guy or his nerves are getting the best of him because like I was saying this really isn't something he's done before.

Yeah, I thought it was weird how it was said too but wouldn't the boss have an alibi anyway with the other workers that opened that morning too?

I think so. Idk if he was there that am or was alerted by another employee that she didn't show up. I don't really think the boss has anything to do with it, that wording just is so weird to me.

My son's phone does the same. It can even tell me how fast he is driving!
He does not have an iphone, Samsung Galaxy III maybe? IDK!

If she had this app on her phone wouldn't her hubby use that immediately? :waitasec:

I WOULD...
moo
He drove to her mom's first thing didn't he?

Locals, which hospital is closest to Gresham and/or which hospital would you go to for trauma/car accident?

I agree that 'decide to be sick' wording is really weird, but it could be along the lines of 'decide to take a sick day'.

I mean, at this point most companies are aware of how often people use sick days without actually being 'sick'. Some companies just get it over with and call them personal days.

Just my interpretation though, either this or else the boss *was* being snarky about it. And probably regrets it now.

maybe she was feeling sick the night before and wasnt sure if she was going to go in to work the next day? maybe she told someone she might call in sick... (thinking out loud here)

A few days ago LE said the vehicle might have traveled to Sandy, OR. This of course was before they found tire marks and broken glass in that location. I figured LE knew this by tracking a cell phone. How else would they have known where the car traveled? That model of Explorer doesn’t have a GPS system. The big question is who’s cell phone did they track and where was Whitney’s cell phone located when receiving messages from her husband asking where she was.

I would also imagine the times when the phone was thought to be in Sandy is known and it would be interesting to include these times along with the known times the ATM card was used at the various gas stations all on a map to know if the vehicle traveled to Sandy prior to stopping at the gas station or after. I don’t think there was enough time between the two gas station transactions for the car to have traveled to Sandy and back.

Now that the phone has been found it should also be fairly easy to tell if the phone was in that location when messages were received when her husband said he tried calling the phone until it eventually went dead because the phone was going directly to voice mail.

JMO

BBM
Looking at Dodge Park in Streetview, it looks like there is some kind of maintenance facility next to the park entrance. A sign posted on on the fence says: "Area Under 24 Hour Surveillance"

http://goo.gl/maps/pkdxA

Maybe her vehicle was captured on video from this location.
Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member