GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know. I just find it weird that if we have the timeline correct right now LE have given us quite a lot of info for 06:45 to 9:14 and then a 2 hour blank until the 11:17 Walmart dump.

I have to wonder why.

And the Walmart location is the only one north of the Columbia River Highway (I-84).
I get a bad feeling thinking about that.:(

Whitney's Starbucks is not in a strip center. It is a free standing building near the Dairy Queen. There are lots of Starbucks in a very small radius area out there so many people have posted various addresses and photos of Starbucks locations. Since you said shopping center I wasn't sure if you knew which one she worked at! Sorry if I misread your note - not sure.

BTW, I cannot even remember now how I finally was certain which Starbucks it was - what, with all the variations being posted over the past couple of days!

Starbucks, 2233 Northeast Burnside Road, Gresham, OR 97030, United States

Yes it is free standing but a strip mall surrounds it and behind it is a winco grocery store.

Just out of curiosity, when you report someone missing, does LE come to your house, or do they take the info over the phone??

TIA!

It depends on the county. In Lane County, they rarely come to your home for anything because they are so poorly funded. Even if your alarm goes off! :eek: Unless they know you are in the home, they won't come!

In Linn County, they come over even for a petty theft report. Benton County, somewhere inbetween. I'm not sure about the counties around Portland.

P.S. Hi Poppy! :seeya:

Interestingly, for gas in Oregon you don't give a PIN#. Even if it is your bank debit card, it treats it like a credit card at the machine (meaning no pin required) at the pump. However, most of the time you do have to give your zip code. Zips are a lot easier than pins to obtain, as we all know.

I'm not on the social networks because of their flagrant abuses (and the practice is snowballing) of peoples' privacy but from what various sleuths said in Thread#1 of this case, they had so much access to Whitney's FB page that it didn't appear she was using very many controls, if any, on the site.

(BTW, even if you are ultra cautious and do lock down your social pages, and even if you never accept a single app request in all your time on there, still - ALL apps of your friends and ALL apps of your friends of friends get ALL of your personal data - even if they are some small third party fly by night working in their garage in godknowswhere. It is shocking and out of control. The US needs to more closely consider Europe's lead on privacy and the Internet. Sorry for the off-topic tributary rant on social media privacy nightmares)!

Thread#1 posters pointed out that they could glean an enormous amount about Whitney's personal life (work, home, gym, groups, friends, family, dreams, desires, worries, health, and more) just from the public settings on FB and how she uses the site. Adding: Hence, a ton of people would have access to her zip code but hardly a soul to her PIN#.
Almost all the gas stations I go to in the Portland area don't ask for the zip. I can only think of one independent that does.

I apologise if this has previously been mentioned, but I wonder if there is some connection to her attendance at the LA Fitness Gym...From her fb page it would seem that she had recently started going there again...Maybe someone hit on her and she politely turned them down (from what I have read about this lady I couldn't see her doing it any other way than politely!!) and they have taken issue with it?

http://www.kval.com/news/local/Police-evidence-telling-a-story-in-missing-woman-case-175019181.html

Another search of Larch Mountain continued late into the afternoon Friday and investigators were busy analyzing Whitney Heichel’s cell phone, which was found Thursday by two girls outside a Troutdale apartment complex.

During an afternoon news conference, Gresham police Lt. Claudio Grandjean was hopeful Heichel’s cell phone, which is a smartphone, would provide clues to her disappearance, especially any GPS information it may provide detectives.

He said the phone was found turned off but contained text messages from her family members, including her husband, Clint, asking about her whereabouts.

Grandjean said he was pleased with the results investigators were getting back from Heichel’s cell phone as well as her SUV, which was found the morning she disappeared at 11:17 in a Walmart parking lot with its passenger-side window smashed.

He said the evidence investigators have gathered so far is telling a story about what happened to Heichel but could not divulge the details at this time.

"I'm not going to speak on what kind of evidence we have, but we're very, very pleased with what we've been getting back. It's been very helpful and has given us some direction in the investigation," he said, adding later that "the forensic evidence tells us a story. That story's best told in the lab.”

Also lusted road (the only road to dodge park) is very very windy this is not a road that you would be going very fast on. It is physically impossible to go any faster then around 50 on parts of this road or you will fly off the steep cliffs. The bull run Waterhed which
Is closed to the general public is very close to dodge park. It is around 150 square miles of nothing but trees and forest roads. If someone had a lock cutter they could easily gain acess to this area and you could hide a body and no one would ever find it.

It depends on the county. In Lane County, they rarely come to your home for anything because they are so poorly funded. Even if your alarm goes off! :eek: Unless they know you are in the home, they won't come!

In Linn County, they come over even for a petty theft report. Benton County, somewhere inbetween. I'm not sure about the counties around Portland.

P.S. Hi Poppy! :seeya:

Thanks Kimster, was just curious, nice to seeya :) Doesn't pay to have an alarm in that county, really, if no one shows up to check on it, Ive set mine off several times LOL, they just hollar at me over the box wanting my ID and passcode LOL, how would they know if you are home or not?? someone could break in and tie you up!! And there you sit with no help, now thats scarey!

http://www.kval.com/news/local/Police-evidence-telling-a-story-in-missing-woman-case-175019181.html

He said the phone was found turned off but contained text messages from her family members, including her husband, Clint, asking about her whereabouts.

I really hope this means that her ringer was off, or too quiet for the perp to hear, or maybe he was just an idiot... I hope that it rang and received texts and tracked her every move until it went straight to VM... "9:30ish", according to her husband. That gives them almost 3 hours of tracking information! :please:

I apologise if this has previously been mentioned, but I wonder if there is some connection to her attendance at the LA Fitness Gym...From her fb page it would seem that she had recently started going there again...Maybe someone hit on her and she politely turned them down (from what I have read about this lady I couldn't see her doing it any other way than politely!!) and they have taken issue with it?

It was mentioned earlier but to summarize the list of preps:

1) Random prep(s)
2) Stalkers - work, gym, neighbors, friends of her friends -> family / other friends
3) Anything to do with Halloween time?
4) Find it interesting one side of her family is religious and other side couple of them listen to Death Metal. (friends of family members)

husband says she was seen on video at the truck stop not the shell station
Clint said bank records show Whitney's ATM card was also used at the T/A truck stop in Troutdale within eight minutes of it being used at the Shell station. He said an employee there recognized Whitney's Explorer and said she was in the passenger seat and a man was driving.

Police said they only have proof of Whitney's Explorer at the Shell station and her ATM card being used there.

Anyone else think that where the phone was found was a throw the phone out the car window type scenario? That is what I am thinking, and thus thinking no other evidence will be recovered near there. I could be wrong, of course.

I am sooooo behind, so I'm sorry if this has already been discussed

that's what i'm thinking too, that the perp just threw out the phone in the bushes. however, it IS possible that the perp lives near those apt complexes??

I don't understand why the phone was pinged in the mountain, but not at the Trout aparment complex?? if the mother of the children that found the phone was able to read text messages on the phone, then it was charged when thrown in the blackberry bushes. which means they should have been pinging it's location all along, right? I don't know the science behind phone pinging, but I'm assuming that if pinged in the mountain then they could have/should have been pinging the whole time, since it was charged??

Someone requested these a page or two ago.

Uploading some screen caps of Whitney's SUV before it left the walmart parking lot. Maybe they tell a story for someone. Also I'm posting a link with the story showing the red marking flags for broken glass, black apron ect.

Screen shots are taken from this video as close as possible including the broken passenger window.

whitneysuv1.jpg

Front tires don't seem as muddy as the rear tires. Also I think it was backed in so the license plate was hidden, it was found by friends (video)
whitney3.jpg

Video story explaining flags and SUV find at this link.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Poli...ng-Gresham-woman-174660661.html?tab=video&c=y

Not to sleuth him, but why do we not know what Clint's job is? Or ANYTHING about him for that matter?!?!

Carry on.

What I found interesting this morning was there were some very curious reporters asking a lot about him in the presser, just as you are here. This was top of mind.

What job does he have? Where does he work? Things like that. I think those questions were driven by the smile and laughter he had just before switching to a burst of tears and leaving the podium last evening. If you were a reporter, you saw that. If you were LE or family, you were behind or beside him when it happened. Those reporters had it seared into them like I did when I watched it. I replayed it in slo-mo a few times to see if I was really seeing that. It could be understandable nervousness (we don't know enough) but the reporters, they were asking LE this morning, a lot about Clint.

I posted a timeline on the case (I think it's on page 24 of this thread) that includes some of the dialogue verbatim from the presser this morning. You'll see what I mean when you read it.

The most unusual thing about this morning was LE stating (as if it was previously known) that they KNOW she (or her phone or car - not clear) were at both Dodge and Larch PRIOR to the 9:14am gas station trip. Recall those are the two farther away places. All other locations are in a tight central area. Her house, her work, the gas, the phone field, Walmart, all close to each other. Dodge and Larch took more time to get to and then the perp came back to the central place of action in Gresham/Troutdale! That's why I tried to piece together a timeline with that new information comprehended. Whoever was driving the car made some serious mistakes.

Such a sad case and so many open questions still. I still hope for a good outcome for Whitney. What a lovely girl she seems to be. Her mom was so strong up there on the podium - she reminded me of Desiree (Kyron's mother). I'm not religious but have mercy on this family - talk about breaking the heart unfairly into a million tiny pieces. The Kyron tragedy stole all of our innocence away when his case fell apart. <--Although there is still hope there too. Justice could just be a long time away.

At least Whitney is older than Kyron and much more capable of survival - but almost any man can overpower almost any woman. The shame is in actually going through with it.

I never knew you, Whitney, but I hope to see you smiling in the papers again someday.

Again, this timeline is nice and narrow, significantly limits for search areas, which is a good thing IMO.

Also lusted road (the only road to dodge park) is very very windy this is not a road that you would be going very fast on. It is physically impossible to go any faster then around 50 on parts of this road or you will fly off the steep cliffs. The bull run Waterhed which
Is closed to the general public is very close to dodge park. It is around 150 square miles of nothing but trees and forest roads. If someone had a lock cutter they could easily gain acess to this area and you could hide a body and no one would ever find it.

they need to get the dogs out to the this Bull Run Watershed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member