GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has to be enabled on the device (I believe it does not come enabled via default, and she could have "Location Services" turned off for privacy anyway), and the person has to be technically savvy enough to have done so. If they have, I'm assuming most PDs are smart enough to tap into that info somehow, but maybe this is a bad assumption on my part.

IF she had an iPhone, and IF she had Location Services/Find my iPhone enabled, then yeah, there are lots and lots of stories of LE finding stolen Apple goods that way.

Quoting myself. On that note, a reasonably tech-savvy perp could turn off Location Services himself (although just turning the phone off seems more effective, shrug, I don't pretend to understand the criminal mind and this case is so weird).

This person is obviously not that experienced in this sort of thing and possibly an impulsive act. Everyone knows Walmart has cameras everywhere and that makes me believe this person doesn't sit around planning a whole lot. Why throw the phone out too...that just is sloppy as well? Why not bury it? Why not destroy it beyond recognition?...so many things there. He is either not the smartest guy or his nerves are getting the best of him because like I was saying this really isn't something he's done before.

or if he was near water at any point in time, he could have tossed it in there. would have made the chances slimmer that anyone would find it! unless he had her purse with him (maybe in a backpack, etc?) and realized he forgot to get rid of the phone and just randomly picked that place.

or if he was near water at any point in time, he could have tossed it in there. would have made the chances slimmer that anyone would find it! unless he had her purse with him (maybe in a backpack, etc?) and realized he forgot to get rid of the phone and just randomly picked that place.

Yeah, only really three things come to mind:

1) Very smart perp, doing all sorts of weird stuff and creating all kinds of weird evidence trails to confuse the issue

2) Very, very dumb perp or perps

3) Someone who was on hard drugs and whacked out of their mind (meth, crack--does that area have much of this?)

I saw this on the Starbucks's FB wall since i am a great fan of their espresso...
Started reading it but one thing bugs me out, the car was seen on the gas station with her inside the passenger seat. Why would they only put small gas on it with an intention of leaving the car to Walmart ? Do they went to the gas station just to be seen in the camera that she was there in her car , alive?

She's pretty, she might have an admirer on one of her social network who took her first willingly and she has no idea of the real intention from the beginning...for her not causing a scene, could mean she may know the man who have her now

Surfie, I like your way of thinking!

I am going to call this out because no one has answered it yet. Exactly what is interesting about the map and why is interesting? because if it has to do with sleuthing or speculating about the husband that is considered baiting and is a :nono:

Again, I hope that they are confident that they can find her because it seems they don't want the public's help much. I completely understand them not wanting SAR help at this point (though, if people want to get organized and search in areas totally different than LE is looking, I question the harm). I do wonder though why they don't seem to be encouraging flyer drives and such to expand the radius on that.

Yes exactly! There doesn't seem to be a lot of thought into this on his part...so I am sure it's only a matter of time before he is caught. He's just too sloppy.

Again, I hope that they are confident that they can find her because it seems they don't want the public's help much. I completely understand them not wanting SAR help at this point (though, if people want to get organized and search in areas totally different than LE is looking, I question the harm). I do wonder though why they don't seem to be encouraging flyer drives and such to expand the radius on that.

This brings me back to Mom referring to her in the past tense.

But if they have a body, they've denied it so far.

geez that is a good point.

My own smart phone will be dead/completely drained in 24 hours or less if I start with it completely charged (that is with minimal use). I have LG 4G LTE. Seriously how was the phone still capable of having battery life that long? Anyone else have any other info on how long batteries last in smart phones... my type of phone is only one example.

When my phone shuts down from a dead battery I'm still able to power up the phone again before recharging it. You might only get a few minutes of time before the phone goes dead again but it will usually turn back on. This might be a built in feature for emergency's or because the phone battery rejuvenates a little when the phone is turned off which give the phone enough power to turn back on.

The phone could have been dead when the kids found it and powered up again long enough for the kids to see Whitney's picture and a few text, long enough for them to realize who's phone it was before shutting back down and being turned over to the parent..

JMO

JMO

Locals, which hospital is closest to Gresham and/or which hospital would you go to for trauma/car accident?

Difficult question to answer.

Major traumas (and most LifeFlight transports) usually go to OHSU.
Emanuel Hospital would be the other

But there is no procedure- depends on type of injury, and medical care needed

Locals, which hospital is closest to Gresham and/or which hospital would you go to for trauma/car accident?

Mt Hood Medical Center is the closest but if it was a serious trauma they would be life flighted to either OHSU or Emmanuel.

This person is obviously not that experienced in this sort of thing and possibly an impulsive act. Everyone knows Walmart has cameras everywhere and that makes me believe this person doesn't sit around planning a whole lot. Why throw the phone out too...that just is sloppy as well? Why not bury it? Why not destroy it beyond recognition?...so many things there. He is either not the smartest guy or his nerves are getting the best of him because like I was saying this really isn't something he's done before.

Either that or the exact opposite. If someone was trying to stage something to look like an abduction, he or she might leave the car somewhere where it would be found quickly with a broken window.

pic.twitter.com/DnF7rEhq Nice map of area they are searching in Troutdale

via Twitter
‏@maxoregonian
"@ORweather: Search and rescue search dog looking for evidence to the north of Troutdale, S of edgefield: #findwhitney
pic.twitter.com/DnF7rEhq

why are there photos of Whitney's mom helping a search party at L Mountain then? I think they have opened L Mountain for private search parties.

Here we have chip&pin and I guess it is the same in the US. I'm just shocked that such a system like this would be allowed to operate.

I assume this only applies at gas stations where it is pumped for you? If not........:what:

Sorry, I am a bit behind, but here in VA there are no Attendants, you use the pump like an ATM without a pin number. Just swipe your debit card, lift the nozzle, pick your grade and pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem