GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, thank you! My husband thinks I'm a weirdo for being so into this specific case, but it's literally a 20 minute drive from our apartment, and I worked across the street from where she lived. It's very rare to have this kind of crime happen, but I'm not sure why this whole thing bugs me so much. Just feel so terribly for her husband and family.

Too funny about your husband that is! My husband thinks the same thing as me! I get really into the specifics as well... I watch way way too many Datelines and 48 hours! I could see being into the case since you are not far away from the locations of it. My husband and I live in an apartment in Wilsonville and this case has brought to my attention that you really need to try and be aware of who you are living by you just never know who could be living in the next building down! Very scary!

Luckygirl-

Oh my god, I know. Once I saw that his wife had deleted her fb. I don't know what I'd do if I were in her position. Not just the idea that you're married to a potential murderer. All of her memories of him are tainted now. How terrible.

MySweetRiley-

Exactly. It's interesting to me because I can't even relate to being able to do that, and finding out more helps me understand how people even deal with this kind of loss. My husband just plays video games all day though, so maybe that's more his problem. :p

Also, the file names above the photos say "holt".

Yankeeballer and luckygirl,
I wholeheartedly disagree - the height and weight of Whitney and JH's wife appear to be nearly exactly the same. Facial features and facial coloring very similar. In the photo 10-0306holt W-619 where they are walking across the bridge looking at each other, her updo shows she has dark hair with light streaks in front.

I'm in no way implying she has anything to do with his crime but to deny this similarity between his wife and the woman he murdered is remiss.

Thanks for the wedding pics! How terribly heartbreaking for his wife as well.

Actually, it was I who stated she could potentially pass for Whitney in the vehicle, her hair is a bit darker now and she is also very small. What I also said is that their hair is the same texture. I've seen more pics of his wife but she has since deleted both her Facebook and myspace accounts.

MySweetRiley-

Exactly. It's interesting to me because I can't even relate to being able to do that, and finding out more helps me understand how people even deal with this kind of loss. My husband just plays video games all day though, so maybe that's more his problem. :p

yb: I'm so glad you joined us and thanks for your comments and your link.

I just can't over the wedding photos of JH and his wife!

How did you ever find them???

I found them honestly just by googling Jonathan Holt and Portland. I guess the photographer is pretty popular around here? I only just moved here so I don't know for sure.

As far as the wife and Whitney being the same in terms of appearance, I can see what you mean. They're both petite, but I wonder if that's just to his advantage in Whitney's case. It's very easy for a guy that big to take advantage of someone so small. He probably wouldn't go after taller/bigger girls because they might be able to fight him back. He's only 5'10" according to his intake records. I didn't mean to insult or anything. It's just that Whitney could pass for a lot younger than she is and JH's wife looks a lot older.

I am by no means suggesting that all Schizophrenics are dangerous people. I just wanted to point out that there are definitely some who are very dangerous.

Respectfully snipped by me...

Totally O/T... it's hard for me to be around the person I am close to at times, because I admit that sometimes I am afraid. And it isn't because of anything he has explicitly said or done... it's just the idea that someone's experience of reality can become so tenuous and confused.

His last psychotic episode happened this past June. I was the one who found him, and I was certain in the days leading up to it that he was "off"... but there wasn't a single thing that I could point to that said, yes, definitely, he's slipping. That's what's so insidious about it, and that frightens me at times. When I found him he was missing some of his clothes and was wandering in a wooded area and he had been eating dirt. His entire mouth was blackened from it, and I had nightmares about that for a couple of months. He asked me, while I was driving him to the hospital, if I was "in on it"... and the thought did cross my mind, "What if he becomes the exception".

So yeah... that's where I was coming from with that. I really cling to the idea that dangerous schizophrenics are the exception rather than the rule. Maybe that isn't completely accurate?

In this case though, I think JH is/was a stalker, and I think this was sexually motivated, and, IMO, he's just another stalker-pervo-creeper and maybe he just panicked and didn't know what to do once he'd taken his obsession that far, but I don't think he is schizophrenic.

Respectfully snipped by me...

Totally O/T... it's hard for me to be around the person I am close to at times, because I admit that sometimes I am afraid. And it isn't because of anything he has explicitly said or done... it's just the idea that someone's experience of reality can become so tenuous and confused.

His last psychotic episode happened this past June. I was the one who found him, and I was certain in the days leading up to it that he was "off"... but there wasn't a single thing that I could point to that said, yes, definitely, he's slipping. That's what's so insidious about it, and that frightens me at times. When I found him he was missing some of his clothes and was wandering in a wooded area and he had been eating dirt. His entire mouth was blackened from it, and I had nightmares about that for a couple of months. He asked me, while I was driving him to the hospital, if I was "in on it"... and the thought did cross my mind, "What if he becomes the exception".

So yeah... that's where I was coming from with that. I really cling to the idea that dangerous schizophrenics are the exception rather than the rule. Maybe that isn't completely accurate?

In this case though, I think JH is/was a stalker, and I think this was sexually motivated, and, IMO, he's just another stalker-pervo-creeper and maybe he just panicked and didn't know what to do once he'd taken his obsession that far, but I don't think he is schizophrenic.

God bless you for being able to deal with that and still being there for the person. Not many people can say they would do that.

I found them honestly just by googling Jonathan Holt and Portland. I guess the photographer is pretty popular around here? I only just moved here so I don't know for sure.

Snipped By Me
Bold By Me

Wow! Your google search finder must be a heck of a lot better than mine. LOL

I too googled his name and city and state. I hardly got anything of interest.
And even then, wasn't sure it was the right JDH.

But still... thanks for coming here and posting it.
We're a great, friendly group here. My only problem is: when an interesting case comes along
and I decide to follow it (which is always at Websleuths), I don't get much else done during the case.

Everyone here is amazing.... and they all have such interesting things to say about the case(s).

Snipped By Me
Bold By Me

Wow! Your google search finder must be a heck of a lot better than mine. LOL

I too googled his name and city and state. I hardly got anything of interest. And even then, wasn't sure it was the right JDH.

But still... thanks for coming here and posting it.
We're a great, friendly group here. My only problem is: when an interesting case comes along and I decide to follow it (which is always at Websleuths), I don't get much else done during the case.

Everyone here is amazing and they all have such interesting things to say about the case(s).

I wonder if that has to do with my google knowing I'm in the same area? A lot of times if I search for something it returns local hits first. :)

As far as the wife and Whitney being the same in terms of appearance, I can see what you mean. They're both petite, but I wonder if that's just to his advantage in Whitney's case. It's very easy for a guy that big to take advantage of someone so small. He probably wouldn't go after taller/bigger girls because they might be able to fight him back. He's only 5'10" according to his intake records. I didn't mean to insult or anything. It's just that Whitney could pass for a lot younger than she is and JH's wife looks a lot older.

Oh, I didn't think you insulted (but thank you), I just disagree that they are vastly different looking. I saw that he was 5'10 -- but the photo where they are standing at the ceremony she seems quite a bit shorter than he is and looks approximately Whitney's height. These photos were a remarkable find. It looks like he was once happy -- so it really begs the question what happened? So tragic.

I hope LE subpoenas Facebook to get archives of the Holt-Heichel relationship.

His wife looks pregnant in her user photo... or is that a trick of perspective?

I was thinking the same thing! She did look a little preggers to me. Did anyone notice on the news last night when the reporter went to the complex and showed JH's patio with his motorcycle on it that there was a toddler table with chairs that his helmet was on?

His wife looks pregnant in her user photo... or is that a trick of perspective?

I enlarged that photo a few days ago, because I also thought she looked pregnant.

But, after enlarging it, I no longer thought so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme