GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In going through posts, people have questioned the accomplice angle. I believe Holt committed the crime of kidnapping/rape/murder himself without anyone else's knowledge, presence, or participation. But I think, given the new information, it's likely someone helped his cover-up. I do not believe it was his father, as he was at work. The following is my opinion based on facts...

First, on a rainy Tuesday morning, WalMart's parking lot is so full that a “utility vehicle” has to park all the way in the Northwest corner of the lot – the farthest spot from any entrance into WalMart.... seriously? There are no closer spaces? Clearly, the driver is not there to shop at WalMart. Are there other reasons? Sure. But the "utility vehicle" arrives within minutes after Holt arrives at the other side of Walmart headed behind the building to the dumpster area. Then Holt drives right in front of Walmart and travels toward the strip mall. He eventually winds up back at the Northwest corner of the parking lot and once Whitney's SUV is backed into a nearby space, the "utility vehicle" immediately leaves. The vehicles are so close that a single tree blocks camera visibility of any activity between the two vehicles. Additionally, though a tree may have been "blocking" the camera vantage point between the two vehicles – it would not have blocked the comings and goings of people in that area had they ventured more than a few yards from their vehicles. That would have been caught on camera.

The Details:

The area I’m referring to is: 45°32'34.12"N 122°25'21.07"W (Google Earth) where Whitney’s SUV was found. This is documented by photos on MSM.

Source: Affidavit - surveillance footage
Note: 1. Date October 16, 2012; 2. all times are am; 3. italics indicate quoted verbatim from report.

• 11:17 - the Ford Explorer enters the camera view onto WalMart property from the south side of the adjoining strip mall, it travels southbound along the east side of the WalMart building, westbound along the southside of the building (though there are no camera views), and then around the corner to near the dumpster. (Pg 21 & 22)
    From 45°32'31.30"N 122°25'6.68"W to 45°32'25.56"N 122°25'19.14"W

• 11:19 - The Explorer parks adjacent to the dumpster. A white man can be seen exiting and reentering the driver's side of the Explorer. (Pg 22)
    At 45°32'25.56"N 122°25'19.14"W

• 11:22 – a white utility vehicle enters the parking lot and parks at the northwest corner of the parking lot. (Pg 20)
    General area of 45°32'34.13"N 122°25'20.74"W
  • 11:24 - The Explorer backs out and then drives northbound along the west side of the building, and then eastbound across the front of the store toward the adjoining strip mall. (Pg 22)
    From 45°32'25.56"N 122°25'19.14"W to general direction of 45°32'30.98"N 122°25'10.19"W
-- REPORT MISSING INFORMATION FROM 11:25 to 11:37 --
  • 11:38 - Whitney Heichel's black Ford Explorer drives westbound from the north part of the strip mall across the northern part of the parking lot and backs into a spot at the northwest corner of the parking lot (where it was eventually located). (Pg 20)
    From approximately 45°32'32.24"N 122°25'9.98"W to exactly 45°32'34.12"N 122°25'21.07"W
Note: the surveillance footage records the time but that does not mean a full minute has passed from 11:38 to 11:39.
  • 11:39 - the white utility vehicle leaves onto NE Sandy Blvd. (Pg 20)
    Nearest exit 45°32'34.45"N 122°25'19.09"W

Officer Muzyn also noted that due to a tree that blocked the camera view for the area between the two vehicles he could not determine if there is any foot traffic between the two vehicles. (Pg 20)

Notes on this detail: I don’t see any humongous trees in Walmart’s parking lot that would suggest the tree was blocking a wide area of the camera’s vantage point – so the space between the two vehicles that was “blocked” would be very narrow. Meaning the cars were close together. (I also hope that Officer Muzyn checked with Townsend Farms directly across the street to see if they have cameras pointed at this place. Townsend’s tallest building is just 100 yards away and has a straight shot view of where Whitney’s SUV was parked.)

I also don’t see in the report that the surveillance footage showed a white male walking away from the car.

I believe this information is key and why I say there is a second person involved in the cover-up of Holt’s crime.

In going through posts, people have questioned the accomplice angle. I believe Holt committed the crime of kidnapping/rape/murder himself without anyone else's knowledge, presence, or participation. But I think, given the new information, it's likely someone helped his cover-up. I do not believe it was his father, as he was at work. The following is my opinion based on facts...

First, on a rainy Tuesday morning, WalMart's parking lot is so full that a “utility vehicle” has to park all the way in the Northwest corner of the lot – the farthest spot from any entrance into WalMart.... seriously? There are no closer spaces? Clearly, the driver is not there to shop at WalMart. Are there other reasons? Sure. But the "utility vehicle" arrives within minutes after Holt arrives at the other side of Walmart headed behind the building to the dumpster area. Then Holt drives right in front of Walmart and travels toward the strip mall. He eventually winds up back at the Northwest corner of the parking lot and once Whitney's SUV is backed into a nearby space, the "utility vehicle" immediately leaves. The vehicles are so close that a single tree blocks camera visibility of any activity between the two vehicles. Additionally, though a tree may have been "blocking" the camera vantage point between the two vehicles – it would not have blocked the comings and goings of people in that area had they ventured more than a few yards from their vehicles. That would have been caught on camera.

The Details:

The area I’m referring to is: 45°32'34.13"N 122°25'20.74"W (Google Earth) where Whitney’s SUV was found. This is documented by photos on MSM.

<snipped for space>

I believe this information is key and why I say there is a second person involved in the cover-up of Holt’s crime.

I admit that this caught my eye when I was reading the PDF.

Whitney's SUV was left in the very center of that northwest corner of the lot, judging by the proximity of the back end of her SUV to the only yellow-based utility pole in that portion of the parking lot (see pic below).

We don't know exactly what sort of vehicle they mean by "utility truck", but I am taking it to mean a work vehicle of sorts. I notice that the truck was parked there from 11:22 until 11:39... just under 20 minutes, which is about the same time allotted for a break for some workers, or just under the amount of time allotted for a lunch for those workers who get 30 minutes for lunch.

Knowing what we know about it, it could possibly be someone who was there to give him a ride, but I have a hard time going with that. With how wonky he'd been acting, and given the fact that he had no phone... we would have to consider that he would have had to have had the person's phone number memorized and that he had to track down a payphone (and those are actually kind of hard to find these days, I've noticed). Also, the two different friends of his whom we have heard about (his friend whose rental car he stole, and the couple who found him walking on 257th that same evening) seem like the sort of people who would have been forthcoming if they knew anything about that, and who would have asked many questions about what he was doing with an unknown car with a broken window, and why he was parking it there.

Given that, I'm leaning more towards the white utility truck being a coincidence, and that they moved because they were done taking a break, or a phone call, or maybe they moved because they didn't want to be sitting right next to another car, for some reason? JMO.

Attachments

• SUV.jpg
    SUV.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 47
Disagree with the characterization of most of the WS members following this case. I think many here are eagerly watching for solid evidence against the killer so that there can be justice -- not that they are eager for it to appear as if there were solid evidence. Big difference IMO.

"Absurd" is an opinion, not a fact. My opinion is that it would be absurd to suggest that LE is documenting and reporting evidence for any other reason than to accurately and diligently do their job in this case.

Although I could concede a remote (IMO unlikely based on what we know at this point) possibility of someone having helped Holt, I definitely have not seen any indication at all at this point to suggest an accomplice.

When you say there has been untruthful accounting, to what are you referring, and how do you "know" this? Untruthful accounting on whose part? Or do you mean the lame lies that Holt has told to cover up the crime? Asking for clarification on this because I found it puzzling, but please don't feel obligated to explain; we're all entitled to our own opinions.

I am curious as to the prediction that this case against Holt will unravel, and puzzled as to why this would be a hoped-for outcome. Again, no explanation is necessary, but I certainly didn't get this. Perhaps I've misunderstood the meaning.

Disagree with the characterizations of Holt's behavior/actions and the significance of the Febreze can. I can think of several explanations for the Febreze. One of which could have been that it was already present in Whitney's car, along with the linen tablecloths for the upcoming wedding... or even that Holt used it on his own clothing at some point while cleaning up the evidence... among other possibilities.

If it has nothing to do with Holt, and the idea of him having used Febreze is ridiculous, another question might be: Why would LE falsify evidence to make it appear that he did? Please forgive me if I'm misunderstanding the point.

JMO

Yes, I agree that my opinion about the evidence being absurd is JMO. (That's why my signature says what it does.) I know I'm in the minority, but just can't help expressing it anyway. I've been struggling with some things about this case, some of which I'm not at liberty to express here (including answering some of your questions above), hence the intensity. I've had some Bailey's Irish Creme tonight so I should be easier to read. ;)

And yes, the Febreze might have been in her car--which I posted a few pages back will be easy enough to prove if it has her fingerprints on it. I was only expressing difficulty with the idea that they lifted "a fingerprint" off the bottle. It it was his bottle and not Whitney's, I just couldn't see him marching into Walmart (or wherever) after the crime, with blood splatter all over his shirt from shooting her at close range...and checking out with a bottle of Febreze.

Nor could I see him grabbing it on his way out the house. Along with the screwdriver and two guns...

This whole case is about the most absurd one I've ever read in my life. And I'm old, lol.

ETA: By the way, did they see blood on his shirt when they picked him up walking around? Forgive me, but I won't read the 44 pages. I only want the 'who-done-it-how' facts; the gory details are too hard to get rid of from my mind.

Yes, I agree that my opinion about the evidence being absurd is JMO. (That's why my signature says what it does.) I know I'm in the minority, but just can't help expressing it anyway. I've been struggling with some things about this case, some of which I'm not at liberty to express here (including answering some of your questions above), hence the intensity. I've had some Bailey's Irish Creme tonight so I should be easier to read. ;)

And yes, the Febreze might have been in her car--which I posted a few pages back will be easy enough to prove if it has her fingerprints on it. I was only expressing difficulty with the idea that they lifted "a fingerprint" off the bottle. It it was his bottle and not Whitney's, I just couldn't see him marching into Walmart (or wherever) after the crime, with blood splatter all over his shirt from shooting her at close range...and checking out with a bottle of Febreze.

Nor could I see him grabbing it on his way out the house. Along with the screwdriver and two guns...

This whole case is about the most absurd one I've ever read in my life. And I'm old, lol.

ETA: By the way, did they see blood on his shirt when they picked him up walking around? Forgive me, but I won't read the 44 pages. I only want the 'who-done-it-how' facts; the gory details are too hard to get rid of from my mind.

Most absurd case? Care to share what is absurd about it, in your opinion, of course?

Most absurd case? Care to share what is absurd about it, in your opinion, of course?

I think it is an absurd case too. But that is only because the killer was a crazed idiot and acted in absurd ways. JMO

This case is absurd in the way of how could he be SO DUMB?! Who dumps a weapon AT THE POLICE STATION?

Full deck of cards definitely not played with here.

Well, I've been doing that for 4 threads, now (but I know I've just seen you in this one). Tell you what, go to my profile, click 'read all posts by' for this case and run through if you're interested. I have the feeling people are tired of reading my questions.

Well, I've been doing that for 4 threads, now (but I know I've just seen you in this one). Tell you what, go to my profile, click 'read all posts by' for this case and run through if you're interested. I have the feeling people are tired of reading my questions.

No. I've seen your posts. I guess it's what you're NOT saying that has my curiosity.

<snipped for space>
First, on a rainy Tuesday morning, WalMart's parking lot is so full that a “utility vehicle” has to park all the way in the Northwest corner of the lot – the farthest spot from any entrance into WalMart.... seriously? There are no closer spaces? Clearly, the driver is not there to shop at WalMart. Are there other reasons? <snipped for space>

My first thought was the person worked there, was delivering something, or was working on some equipment. In my experience in all of those cases the workers/employees have been told to park fairly far from the front to leave the close parking open for customers.

First, on a rainy Tuesday morning, WalMart's parking lot is so full that a &#8220;utility vehicle&#8221; has to park all the way in the Northwest corner of the lot &#8211; the farthest spot from any entrance into WalMart.... seriously? There are no closer spaces? Clearly, the driver is not there to shop at WalMart. Are there other reasons? Sure. But the "utility vehicle" arrives within minutes after Holt arrives at the other side of Walmart headed behind the building to the dumpster area. Then Holt drives right in front of Walmart and travels toward the strip mall. He eventually winds up back at the Northwest corner of the parking lot and once Whitney's SUV is backed into a nearby space, the "utility vehicle" immediately leaves. The vehicles are so close that a single tree blocks camera visibility of any activity between the two vehicles. Additionally, though a tree may have been "blocking" the camera vantage point between the two vehicles &#8211; it would not have blocked the comings and goings of people in that area had they ventured more than a few yards from their vehicles. That would have been caught on camera.

The Details:

The area I&#8217;m referring to is: 45°32'34.12"N 122°25'21.07"W (Google Earth) where Whitney&#8217;s SUV was found. This is documented by photos on MSM.

Source: Affidavit - surveillance footage
Note: 1. Date October 16, 2012; 2. all times are am; 3. italics indicate quoted verbatim from report.

• 11:17 - the Ford Explorer enters the camera view onto WalMart property from the south side of the adjoining strip mall, it travels southbound along the east side of the WalMart building, westbound along the southside of the building (though there are no camera views), and then around the corner to near the dumpster. (Pg 21 & 22)
    From 45°32'31.30"N 122°25'6.68"W to 45°32'25.56"N 122°25'19.14"W
  • 11:19 - The Explorer parks adjacent to the dumpster. A white man can be seen exiting and reentering the driver's side of the Explorer. (Pg 22)
    At 45°32'25.56"N 122°25'19.14"W
  • 11:22 &#8211; a white utility vehicle enters the parking lot and parks at the northwest corner of the parking lot. (Pg 20)
    General area of 45°32'34.13"N 122°25'20.74"W
  • 11:24 - The Explorer backs out and then drives northbound along the west side of the building, and then eastbound across the front of the store toward the adjoining strip mall. (Pg 22)
    From 45°32'25.56"N 122°25'19.14"W to general direction of 45°32'30.98"N 122°25'10.19"W
-- REPORT MISSING INFORMATION FROM 11:25 to 11:37 --
  • 11:38 - Whitney Heichel's black Ford Explorer drives westbound from the north part of the strip mall across the northern part of the parking lot and backs into a spot at the northwest corner of the parking lot (where it was eventually located). (Pg 20)
    From approximately 45°32'32.24"N 122°25'9.98"W to exactly 45°32'34.12"N 122°25'21.07"W
Note: the surveillance footage records the time but that does not mean a full minute has passed from 11:38 to 11:39.
  • 11:39 - the white utility vehicle leaves onto NE Sandy Blvd. (Pg 20)
    Nearest exit 45°32'34.45"N 122°25'19.09"W
Officer Muzyn also noted that due to a tree that blocked the camera view for the area between the two vehicles he could not determine if there is any foot traffic between the two vehicles. (Pg 20)

Notes on this detail: I don&#8217;t see any humongous trees in Walmart&#8217;s parking lot that would suggest the tree was blocking a wide area of the camera&#8217;s vantage point &#8211; so the space between the two vehicles that was &#8220;blocked&#8221; would be very narrow. Meaning the cars were close together. (I also hope that Officer Muzyn checked with Townsend Farms directly across the street to see if they have cameras pointed at this place. Townsend&#8217;s tallest building is just 100 yards away and has a straight shot view of where Whitney&#8217;s SUV was parked.)

I also don&#8217;t see in the report that the surveillance footage showed a white male walking away from the car.

I believe this information is key and why I say there is a second person involved in the cover-up of Holt&#8217;s crime.

As for an accomplice, my take is it's possible. The "mystery utility" vehicle that left the parking lot. <modsnip>
And the question where did Holt stay when he left his wife to "clear his head", <modsnip>.

That's a great point....I think many on this board feel many new insights from Holt will come out soon, since he seems to be comfortable telling LE just about anything they ask for...

...and perhaps things they didn't even ask about (how did the confession about stealing the iPhone come about during a murder interrogation?).

It'll be very interesting to see whether he continues to spill his guts and continue volunteer info about criminal activities now that he has an attorney representing him.

Thanks for your good comments, msthinksalot...

(I'm having problems with the multi-quote, so will try the old-fashioned way).

Excerpt: "Whitney's SUV was left in the very center of that northwest corner of the lot, judging by the proximity of the back end of her SUV to the only yellow-based utility pole in that portion of the parking lot (see pic below)."
  • Note of change: 45°32'34.12"N 122°25'21.07"W is the spot is where Whitney's SUV was parked (I double-checked and had it a few feet to the East, but changed it on the original post) and this place is determined from MSM's photo and the same place as you have described.
Excerpt: "I notice that the truck was parked there from 11:22 until 11:39... just under 20 minutes, which is about the same time allotted for a break for some workers, or just under the amount of time allotted for a lunch for those workers who get 30 minutes for lunch."

• This comment about the utility vehicle being that of a worker taking his/her lunch is very plausible. I've stopped and had lunch in my car at the far end of a parking lot many times. But, Holt had just murdered someone, disposed of her body and is driving around in a stolen car with blood stains and a fully open window (it was cold and rainy that Tues) trying to ditch it and he's anxious as all get-out -- so he'd avoid parking near unfamiliar cars, especially a parked vehicle where someone is sitting in the driver's seat eating lunch. He'd keep his distance. The tree didn't block surveillance of the SUV driving in and backing into the parking space; it didn't block the view of the utility vehicle parked in the same area -- but it somehow blocked the view of Holt's exit from the SUV, the direction he took, and any action that may have occurred between the two vehicles. If the cars were even 3 parking spaces apart that's a huge tree canopy. If you get a chance, get on Google Earth streetview and take a look at that area. Reporting that a tree blocked the camera -- even mounted any distance from any direction -- and compromised the surveillance between the two vehicles seems not plausible. Hard to imagine Walmart would allow a large area of their parking lot to go un-monitored. If I get a chance I'll drive by the parking area.
Excerpt: "given the fact that he had no phone... we would have to consider that he would have had to have had the person's phone number memorized and that he had to track down a payphone (and those are actually kind of hard to find these days, I've noticed)."

• We actually don't know that Holt had no phone on him. He threw into Roslyn Lake the phone he had been using that he stole from Clinton in August. That doesn't mean he went without a phone that morning. Before he had Clint's phone he could have also had a cheap no-contract $15/month phone with all the necessary numbers at hand.
Excerpt: "Also, the two different friends of his whom we have heard about (his friend whose rental car he stole, and the couple who found him walking on 257th that same evening) seem like the sort of people who would have been forthcoming if they knew anything about that, and who would have asked many questions about what he was doing with an unknown car with a broken window, and why he was parking it there."

• Someone who is as troubled as Holt and who is an "irregular" at his church, has other kinds of friends. Maybe not friends that help him move bodies, but friends that might help him after he moved a body.

Thanks for your good comments, msthinksalot...

The tree didn't block surveillance of the SUV driving in and backing into the parking space; it didn't block the view of the utility vehicle parked in the same area -- but it somehow blocked the view of Holt's exit from the SUV, the direction he took, and any action that may have occurred between the two vehicles. If the cars were even 3 parking spaces apart that's a huge tree canopy.

-snipped by me-

I wanted to comment on this portion of your discussion. If we are talking about a camera that is on the Wal-Mart building, a tree that is towards the front of the parking lot, and the vehicles in question at the back of the parking lot. Isn't it possible that the object in the front of the video would block more of something in the back of the image than if the tree were closer to the vehicles? Do my ramblings make sense?

RE: JH's GPA in high school-

I have a friend who carried a 4.0 in HS. She went on to college, and then law school. Graduated top of her class.

And she called me to ask how to make boxed macaroni and cheese....

My point? A person's GPA is not necessarily indicative of their actual intelligence. I had a horrible GPA and my IQ is very high. School bored me and I was too busy goofing off.

I'm not claiming the guy was gifted. But it's also true that he was not a moron, having maintained a 3.75 to 3.35 range all through high school. This is just one of many reasons I am questioning this case...it's another thing that doesn't add up for me.

And Desdemona, that just my opinion. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member