GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. We have a 97 Explorer and my husband did this once. He got it caught on something, backed up, and it yanked the entire frame of the plate holder off of the bumper. (Not that I'm innocent, I did it on our van once - darn low riding front end!)

That sounds plausible. I wonder, did they find just the plate or the frame with the plate?

August 18th, 2011 - when he disappeared for 12 hours, he claims he went to Washington Park for those 12 hours of his "mental breakdown".

This from KGW/Kyle Iboshi on TV right now.

My guess is the front plate. The plate on the rear of an Explorer doesn't have a plate frame, and it sits recessed into the hatch. Where as the plate frame on the front is sticking out from the bumper (so if you walk past, your leg hits the frame - I've done it more than once).

Example of rear: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/'99-'01_Ford_Explorer_Limited_--_Rear.JPG

Front: http://www.videovoom.com/VideosOfCa...0/1999FordExplorer160FrontAngleDriverSide.jpg

Thanks, surrogatemom. And it if was the front plate, that would explain backing the SUV up against the bushes at the Walmart, then. (It would slow positive ID of the car...though the broken out window is an attention-getter...)

There will be a vigil at Salquist Kingdom Hall between noon and 5pm on Friday for Whitney.

5157 SE Salquist Rd Gresham, OR, 97080

(per KGW TV)

I really hope Dateline does a piece on this case. And I hope it's Keith Morrison that gets to do it. That way they can put all the pieces together for us that just don't seem to add up. I'd also love to hear from JH's wife. I'm wondering what he told her Tuesday morning for why he left so early, why his motorcycle was still at their home, etc. etc. I would be freaking out if my husband was gone and I did not know of his whereabouts for several hours.. ESPECIALLY if he had disappeared a year prior and stated it was because he had a mental breakdown.

Oh, how I hope it is Keith Morrison too. That man was born to do a show like Dateline's mysteries. The quality of his voice and the cadence in his speaking is pure poetry. He weaves together the crime so well and he uses just the right intonation for every piece of the work. I'm so glad you posted about him.

Quick legal question:

How can he be charged with seven counts of aggravated murder if he only killed one person?

He is charged with each instance of a felony he committed whilst murdering -- either in the process of committing a felony or attempting to conceal his identity and his felony, i.e. he committed robbery and in the course of that robbery he committed murder; he committed sodomy and in the course of that he committed murder; etc. etc. I'll try to go back and find the original post about this because I think it was better explained yesterday :)

An aside about the wedding photos...we've had 3 family weddings in two years, and to me, the Holts look much the same as our family couples did. The photos to me show a typical, carefree, very much in love couple. I'd agree (of course) that in his recent prison photos he looks terrible. Traumatic life events (no matter who causes them) will do that to you. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't believe you can with hindsight necessarily see in old "happy photos" a prediction of life-changing events for anyone. Current 'awfulness' doesn't necessarily prove false any past 'normality' and even former happiness.

The Holt family photo's seem normal. A pic of him and his wife a few months later that was also staged i.e. not a spontaneous pic, but professional, has her still looking the same but he has a more vacant/distressed/troubled look in his face. Something changed over that time period.

Yet he worked at Subway and a Company filling vending machines????

I have read somewhere (maybe Gavin DeBecker) that EMT, like "rent a cop" security and some other jobs, can sometimes attract men with an unhealthy need to control other people or dominate the vulnerable. NOT casting aspersions on all EMTs, security, etc, just that when he is profiling he finds it to be a significant pattern.

Thank you surrogatemom!!

Carp ... Someone better look for crimes which occurred in that specific time frame.
Interesting, that his wife is never even mentioned? Did Police speak to her during the time he was missing?

Has anyone on here searched yet to see if there were missing persons or unsolved crimes in the pdx area around August 18, 2011?

August 18th, 2011 - when he disappeared for 12 hours, he claims he went to Washington Park for those 12 hours of his "mental breakdown".

This from KGW/Kyle Iboshi on TV right now.

This made my heart sink, as there are a lot of transient folks and "street kids" who hang out near there, including young women. But the NWCN said "a park in Washington" which could be any number of other places. So now I am not sure which one it is?

Originally Posted by bellabella View Post
I heard last night (although it may have been a rumor) that he did have photos of Whitney on his phone. Anyone know if this has been confirmed?
I don't know if it was confirmed but I did see that somewhere

It was a post someone made here who speculated he might have had those. It was not reported as fact anywhere that I've seen.

Has anyone on here searched yet to see if there were missing persons or unsolved crimes in the pdx area around August 18, 2011?

Searching right now. I'll bet KGW's Kyle Iboshi is all over it... he seems to be finding things really quickly!

This case keeps getting stranger and stranger.

Yes, I'm sure many of us are...as well as LE. He said that he went to a park in Washington close to where he grew up....

Two Q's for the locals, please:

1). Is there water in the lake where jh's phone was thrown? I heard it had been dammed and drained.

2). Realistically, how long does it take to drive from the dodge park area to Larch Mtn at around 7:30am on a weekday? Are there back roads, main highway, interstate, or what? TIA!

I have read somewhere (maybe Gavin DeBecker) that EMT, like "rent a cop" security and some other jobs, can sometimes attract men with an unhealthy need to control other people or dominate the vulnerable. NOT casting aspersions on all EMTs, security, etc, just that when he is profiling he finds it to be a significant pattern.

Well, he also held a job as a head cashier--a position that indicates trust and responsibility by employers.

(*sigh* I feel with many of my posts on here that it might seem I'm communicating support for him,--but I'm not one to support a perp who'd do this sort of crime. Fact is, I'm only trying to dig at truth, and separate it from speculation in the process of trying to figure this all out...I'm really sorry if that is a problem with anyone. :-/ )

still trying to catch up, sorry if this as been said or is slightly old by now.

So the card seems to not be fitting in still, with sketchy proof that he was even at the gas station, I wonder If he tried to throw things off by making sure the card was used, Find a kid that looks like he's skipping school, tell him this is your ex's card and you wanna tick her off so feel free to use it- you wont get in trouble. That would explain why not much is being said about it(protect a fairly innocent minor), and why it was used for so little(kid was unsure/ afraid).

Also the original headline for this was a woman going missing on "her 2 minuet drive to work" a news reporter timed it and with lights and traffic it was more like 4. so when JH said he pulled the gun 5 mins in...I find it odd. why not "just before we got to Starbucks/destination" was 5 just an estimated figure? (i forget if we know where she was supposed be driving him)

Two Q's for the locals, please:

1). Is there water in the lake where jh's phone was thrown? I heard it had been dammed and drained.

2). Realistically, how long does it take to drive from the dodge park area to Larch Mtn at around 7:30am on a weekday? Are there back roads, main highway, interstate, or what? TIA!

1. There is still a lake bed, and it has been rainy around here so no doubt there is water, probably a little swampy depending on the time of year, but not a whole lake's worth of water. It was undammed and that is why the lake disappeared. You can do a google satellite image of it and see what it looks like now. Looks grassy now. I'm not sure why they keep referring to it as a lake.

2. I believe you would take the Columbia Gorge Scenic Hwy (the old hwy before I-84 was built) to get to Larch Mtn. There would not be a lot of traffice that time of day heading east, out of town. It is more of a back road, very curvy and twisty. I'm not sure how long it would take. 40 minutes maybe? Anyone have a better estimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member