Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
easily done, am sick of hearing about him blubbing already and I haven't even seen it.
Now I would be interested in what the SA media are saying.

Anybody got any SA lawyerly links commenting on it yet?

All I've seen so far is someone called Martin Hood saying that Nel could delay sentencing to have video shown in court to show lack of remorse. I think he said this on a tv or radio interview and that he wasn't complimentary about this interview. No link I'm afraid.

Even more galling is the fact that he wants to pick his own verdict and punishment!!!'

I won't be watching this interview, it is clearly not investigatory in any way, shape or form. Too one sided for that.

I will certainly read about it but I cannot bear to see him snivelling any more.

My mind was made up long ago and nothing he can say or do will make me think differently now.

Awe, come on now don't you want to actually see it? It made me LOL! Its funny, here:
https://m.facebook.com/60Minutes9/

Does anyone know where and at what time the interview can be viewed in Australia? Thanks in advance.

I think it will be on 60 Minutes on Sunday next, 26th June.

I know this won't be popular but we aren't opening any new threads folks. Sorry, but we are spread thin right now and simply don't have the time.

Please use this thread for new developments.

Thank you

In the end why does society care about Oscar's excuses?

For no good reason, he blew Reeva's head apart in a domestic context.

There can be no justification, validation, or mitigation for such an outrageous act.

Indeed all the efforts to explain this away demonstrate DV culture at its finest.

Ignore the reality of a dead woman, and scratch ones chin about "legality"

As if a man blazing away at 3am with a firearm is the kind of thing reasonable citizens do.

BIB Maybe so they can take the final p1ss out of him & his B.S.
IDK what the ratings will be, but 99.9% of the audience will not be OP supporters & they will be on social media ranting about how despicable he is soon after.

SM comments will likely prove that tomorrow. If he gets a light sentence after tomorrow's uproar.... well.... Masipa & SA justice is back in the spotlight all over again, trending worldwide for all the worst possible reasons.

The only ones silent on this shameless ploy are the ones who need to be commenting, over in SA but maybe they are busy today.

This is the only new article I can find but does not cover TV broadcast
http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/pistorians-its-over-deal-with-it-20160622
Pistorians - it's over, deal with it

Thanks IB. I've been waiting for this. I'm still reading it and love every single bit of it so far. Not one to hold back is he?

The defence has advanced that Pistorius is (a) a broken man, and (b) a man of lesser stature, parading him around the court on his stumps. Seemed perfectly tall and proud, strutting around with a 9-mil, loaded with killer ammo.

As society, we deserve to be protected from this gun-toting lunatic with anger issues. Even in prison, his anger issues were brought to the fore, smashing a book down in the presence of a prison official, and questioning her qualifications. When he himself has nothing more than matric and a gun licence.

As Mark Twain wrote: if you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. Ergo, you won't need a green bucket to catch your vomit, and you won't have to tell the court, I don't know, to every question. Pistorius was gifted an opportunity to tell the truth, during sentencing procedures. But he chose not to, presumably fearing getting eaten alive (again) by Mr Nel.

Presumably, Oscar's financial woes are now a thing of the past, and he'll be lining up the house, cars and babes, just as soon as he can get off the pesky hook

Last but not least, in a giant screw-you to the world, instead of going quietly into humble house arrest after being released on parole, Oscar chose to swan into mansion arrest at Uncle Arnold's swanky pad in Brooklyn. There, he has undermined authority, by removing his tracking bands, claiming they are faulty. More likely curbing his social life I bet.

I have no doubt that should Masipa not send Oscar to the clink for a long time, and instead return him to Club Arnold for further mansion arrest, his defence team will be back in court in short time, arguing for relaxation of his sentence.

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/pistorians-its-over-deal-with-it-20160622

The entire article is a must read.

I don't think the below has been posted here yet. It is Judge Greenland's justification for his 15 years house arrest, 15 years community service recommended sentence for Pistorius. I brought it over from DS where most of you probably read (and some post) but it is probably good to have it here too, if only as a diversion from OP's pathetic whinging that he doesn't want to waste the rest of his life in prison.

Chris Greenlands' latest FB post,

Justice .... Oscar Pistorius
I have taken a stance on what I believe would be "my ideal sentence" given the actual findings of the Courts. I am sure Judge Masipa's sentence will be very different.
I did this to illustrate judicial approach regarding balancing the interests of society,that of the accused and the nature of the offence that the accused has been convicted of.
I set out 18 points of FACT as regards the findings of the Courts so as to simplify understanding on the issue.
At the heart of these points was the fact that the Courts have found that OP genuinely believed that he was confronting intruders and, on his stumps, reacted in fear and terror .. but in defence of himself and Reeva.

Regrettably much of the reaction has been simply appalling, even contemptible.
There has been a self-righteous, holier than though, pontifical, insultive condemnation of both the Courts and me personally.
This has been maintained by some even though they are fully aware, or should be fully aware, that I have never been of the view that this was not anything other than intentional murder.
They arrogantly refuse to accept that, as citizens, we are bound to accept the findings of the Courts as part of duty to uphold the Constitution and the Rule of Law.
The very reason why we have developed a judicial system that requires that guilt be proved on evidence in open court is to avoid mob justice and seemingly guilty humans being wrongly convicted and punished.
History is replete with examples of "obviously guilty" persons being wrongly convicted. As I pointed out on the Carte Blanche channel, during the trial, the last person to be hanged in the United Kingdom, Timothy Evans, appeared obviously guilty just like Oscar Pistorius and was as bad a witness. However, it was then established that he was actually no more than morally guilty but legally innocent and had to be posthumously pardoned.
I repeatedly explained that, unless you are in court and have seen and heard ALL the evidence you really are in no position to decide guilt or innocence ... because hundreds of years of actual experience has proved beyond all doubt that this can often depend on just one fact or factor.
Right now the Justice Project in the USA is proving that many, many innocent people were convicted,after appearing "obviously gulity", by ordinary folk serving on juries.

All of the above is not good enough for a howling mob.
I am not part of such culture or thinking.
I accept that I might be wrong and the Courts are best positioned to determine guilt or innocence.
I have been in confrontation with intruders in the sanctity of my own home and have a good idea of what is psychologically and emotionally at play when that happens, and I was not on stumps at the time.

So those of you that are still of the view that the Courts and I/me are mindless buffoons who have no idea of justice ... please unfriend me.

The issue is not up for discussion on this thread. Just unfriend me and let us live our separate lives.

Just a few (major) problems that I can see with Greenland's stance, firstly he was not found to be reacting in fear and terror, and secondly, he was not found to be acting in defence of himself and Reeva. That is why it was murder.

So he has not rationalised his position on sentencing at all. The SCA said no one still knows why he fired - he hasn't given an acceptable explanation to the court.

Also, he seems bizarrely to be coming at this as if the public has not seen and heard the same evidence the court has - it's not as if opinion is based on media reports.

I can't help but wonder if he's been asked to tow the line. I don't believe that, but I can't otherwise justify this nonsense.

Its amusing that Oscar's expert witness claimed that the accused had accepted he murdered the accused yet then Oscar goes on TV to give the opposite impression

epic defence fail

Just a few (major) problems that I can see with Greenland's stance, firstly he was not found to be reacting in fear and terror, and secondly, he was not found to be acting in defence of himself and Reeva. That is why it was murder.

So he has not rationalised his position on sentencing at all. The SCA said no one still knows why he fired - he hasn't given an acceptable explanation to the court.

Also, he seems bizarrely to be coming at this as if the public has not seen and heard the same evidence the court has - it's not as if opinion is based on media reports.

I can't help but wonder if he's been asked to tow the line. I don't believe that, but I can't otherwise justify this nonsense.

Is he another one ignoring the SCA ruling?

How very odd.

Its amusing that Oscar's expert witness claimed that the accused had accepted he murdered the accused yet then Oscar goes on TV to give the opposite impression

epic defence fail

What is definitely not amusing imo, is this...

http://iono.fm/e/300669
"Midday Live, 15 Jun Barry Roux says high court should deviate from the minimum sentence"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay