Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 7.6.2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the on & on about how many times Oscar tried to apologize ...cry me a river.

David Dadic ‏@DavidDadic 55m55 minutes ago
Truth is he's out in 3. Will be 32 then and the rest of his life ahead of him. I think she may just have pissed off the public even more.

Barry Bateman
@barrybateman
44m
#OscarPistorius has been led down the stairs to the holding cells. A distraught Aimee stormed out of court. Relatives consoling Carl. BB
View details ·

WHY???? Were they honestly expecting house confinement & NO jail time? (Honestly, this Pistorius Clan lives in another world. Sickening.)

Barry Bateman
@barrybateman
44m
#OscarPistorius has been led down the stairs to the holding cells. A distraught Aimee stormed out of court. Relatives consoling Carl. BB
View details ·

She did not look too distraught when she was seen covering her mouth with her hand to conceal her smirk as sentence was announced.
Her eyes gave her away besides.

I agree about the inept part.

That's what happens when you appoint a journeyman with no relevant court or technical experience to the bench.

The High Court Judges I know would never allow such tomfoolery in their courtroom

That's what I find so staggering too. This was the first televised trial, a real showcase for SA justice and they appoint her?! They are laughing stocks.

I was furious when Masipa through Barry's comment back in his face about the argument and public perception. Then to add insult to injury, said their healing process had begun because they had forgiven him.

But what do we take from that? Never forgive? Forgive only after sentence? If you want justice for your dead child.

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan 19s19 seconds ago
BREAKING: state says it can't rule out possibility of appeal against #OscarPistorius sentence.

That is the best news so far this morning - I do hope they go ahead. Masipa, for the second time, has made a mockery of justice.

David Dadic ‏@DavidDadic 55m55 minutes ago
Truth is he's out in 3. Will be 32 then and the rest of his life ahead of him. I think she may just have pissed off the public even more.

well babyshoes better sleep with one eye open....

Tyrone Maseko ‏@tyronemaseko 1h
Eish the news that will reverberate around the world is that in SA murderers get 6 years. #OscarPistorius

We need to discuss the question of remorse v regret #OscarPistorius

Tyrone Maseko ‏@tyronemaseko Jul 4
Tyrone Maseko Retweeted Mandy Wiener
If I was a betting man I'd say 10 years. He's served 2 already & I've seen many cases where 3 yrs is the 'mercy'

After completely screwing up the original verdict, why would this be sent back to a clearly incompetent judge?

Why would she have any incentive to rule against her early decision.

Her decision was again nonsensical. 1 extra year for a far more serious crime?

The prosecution should appeal and Masipa should be removed from hearing future cases.

An absolute disgrace.

Such injustice for poor Reeva.....how sad that her life didn't carry more importance.

For CH he gets 5 years. For MURDER just 1 more year added....6 years. What is wrong with this judge? And after the negative feedback they gave her following the appeal. What is she thinking that adding 1 extra year is fine & dandy, and justice?

I believe Nel/the state will appeal. They are going to be appalled at this injustice.

The requirement that the sentencing is sent right back to the original judge (even though she receive quite a tongue lashing from the appeal and Supreme Court with her rulings), is crazy. Of course this is the result. Why not get a new, unbiased judge to handle the sentencing. After all the mistakes they pointed out...she didn't deserve a 2nd "bite at this apple". She blew it. Assign a new, unbiased judge to hand down sentencing. What a joke this is.

I hope the state appeals and she gets her hand slapped again, being over ruled with a stiffer sentence. And then she needs to step down and retire.

So does the 6 year sentence mean......2 more years?
6 years (-) minus the 1 year served = 5 years. 1/2 of 6 years = 3 years. So 3 years - 1 year already served = 2 yrs remaining???? Anyone know for sure how that's calculated for parole eligibility?

So, so sad. No justice today.....yet again.

Ulrich Roux says this is a new sentence of 6 years (so effectively 7 years minus 1 served)

Seems to me there is an obvious disconnect in her reasoning:

On both the CH and DE charges essentially the same mitigators were given: disability, fear, belief in intruder, remorse after the event blah blah but when the charge goes up to DE, which she herself said was much more serious, she adds a year.

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan [video=twitter;750620120377155584]https://twitter.com/karynmaughan/status/750620120377155584[/video] BREAKING: state says it can't rule out possibility of appeal against #OscarPistorius sentence

Reaction by Steenkamp family : Nothing will bring Reeva back. The best thing to do is to maintain a dignified silence. #Pistorius @KayaNews

Seems to me there is an obvious disconnect in her reasoning:

On both the CH and DE charges essentially the same mitigators were given: disability, fear, belief in intruder, remorse after the event blah blah but when the charge goes up to DE, which she herself said was much more serious, she adds a year.

....last time she said that the CH was bordering on DE, didn't she?

That is the best news so far this morning - I do hope they go ahead. Masipa, for the second time, has made a mockery of justice.

Pfft, I halfheartedly wished that she would do this. Now on to the SCA, 15 years minimum without blinking an eye.

Pardon me if I just keep posting STUCK ON STUPID over and over for a few days! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20