Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 7.6.2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
....last time she said that the CH was bordering on DE, didn't she?

Dunno, though of course as you know she rejected the State's argument today that it was DE bordering on DD. The white balloon wavers will be pleased but then again, they all have issues they should be attending to. All of them. Anyway, let's just hope the State are in talks now about whether or not to appeal.

Mandela's daughter

@JosinaZM
I am so utterly disappointed and saddened by the sentence of #oscarpistorious

see also

@MandyWiener
Undoubtedly sentence being viewed through lens of race (on Twitter at least) that white people experience different kind of justice in SA.

@carlpistorius
The record has been set straight and justice done. The truth will always prevail. #justice

.....you might be speaking too soon Carl , wise to keep your mouth shut?

@tomsteinfort ( he's a correspondent there today, so let's hope this is an accurate rumour.)

Am hearing prosecution likely to appeal against 6yr sentence for Pistorius...they believe it's farcically below the 15yr min for murder

@tomsteinfort ( he's a correspondent there today, so let's hope this is an accurate rumour.)

Am hearing prosecution likely to appeal against 6yr sentence for Pistorius...they believe it's farcically below the 15yr min for murder

Tom Steinfort, Chief Correspondent for Europe, Africa & Middle East - Channel Nine Australia. If he's the Australian reporter, then he is a reliable journalist in my experience.

Tom Steinfort ‏@tomsteinfort 1h1 hour ago

It does seem quite ridiculous that the judge who ended up sentencing Pistorius for murder is the one that acquitted him of murder in 2014

"A long term of imprisonment will not serve justice in this matter" - judge to Pistorius

"He is a fallen hero, has lost his career and is financially ruined" - a lot of sympathy for Pistorius from the judge during sentencing

Does anyone know if it goes to appeal is the hearing based on sentencing arguments already presented, or is it a fresh go at arguing to the bench with opportunity for new evidence, such as the TV interview?

I'm not specifically asking this because of the TV interview but just using it as an example.

David Dadic
‏@DavidDadic
I'm pretty quick tempered. I haven't put 4 bullets through a closed door.

I might have to drop out of this case now

It's just so disappointing and soul destroying.

Does anyone know if it goes to appeal is the hearing based on sentencing arguments already presented, or is it a fresh go at arguing to the bench with opportunity for new evidence, such as the TV interview?

I'm not specifically asking this because of the TV interview but just using it as an example.

It has been widely reported by SA Lawyers that yes re BIB.
I wanted that to bite him in the azz, as u know.

Did she even mention the TV interview or really mention the significance of him not testifying?
I don't want to watch that tripe again, rather wait for the document to be uploaded .

If James Grant continues to keep schtum on reaction to this sentence, then I expect it'll be going to appeal and Grant will be leafing through her twollox by tomorrow afternoon.

It has been widely reported by SA Lawyers that yes re BIB.
I wanted that to bite him in the azz, as u know.

Did she even mention the TV interview or really mention the significance of him not testifying?
I don't want to watch that tripe again, rather wait for the document to be uploaded .

If James Grant continues to keep schtum on reaction to this sentence, then I expect it'll be going to appeal and Grant will be leafing through her twollox by tomorrow afternoon.

My link was bad so I feel I missed quite a bit, I didn't hear anything about these things. The overall impression I got was she seemed most intent on screwing the Steenkamps.

I might have to drop out of this case now

It's just so disappointing and soul destroying.

I tried that after the original verdict and sentencing.... The thing is it all still makes my blood boil, so I keep coming back :maddening:

If I have to hear any more nonsense from the Pistorius family or the judge that suggests that OP is the victim here rather than Reeva I might just start screaming and not be able to stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4