OT: To all the TX Gulf Sleuthers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My gosh I just watched an update , looks like your getting pounded already .
This looks scary :eek:

Stay safe , sending prayers .

Here comes the wind...yes, this ones going to be rough. Like I said earlier, I'm in Houston (central) about 40 miles from Galveston and for the last hour the wind gusts have been really, really strong...its becoming more consistent now. Thanks again for all of the prayers and good thoughts! I'll keep you posted...til the power goes out!

My son's in a hotel room in Houston. I appreciate your updates!

Here is a good site for updates. It's 4 in one and all 4 will start immediately. You can either, pause the video of the ones you don't want to watch, or do what I've been doing. I'm keep the volume turned way down (off) on all but the one I want to watch that second. That way they all keep playing and you can switch back and forth.

Stay safe all.
http://www.maroonspoon.com/wx/ike.html

thanks for the well wishes. i'm still in houston, hunkered down at a friend's house. hopefully we'll just get a power failure and some scary winds. Prayers to all in Galveston...it's gonna wipe Galveston out :(

Dallas local news reported that anyone who stayed in Galveston in a small building (such as a house) is facing "certain death." A lady I know has a daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandchildren who are staying at a Galveston hospital (the daughter works there and the hospital told employees they could shelter there. They could have evacuated, but chose not to.) I am very scared for them. The hospital was not a good place to be in New Orleans for Katrina. The hurricane has powered up to a 3. Not good. The Dallas Convention Center is the shelter here for people coming up from the coast and it is already at capacity. Other area shelters are rapidly filling. Dallas is expecting possible tornados, flooding and 60mph or higher winds over the next 2 days.

Video

http://www.click2houston.com/video/10903347/index.html

just sitting here watching live streaming video from near my house [couple blks from seawall blvd].... watching the folks in nearly waist deep water swimming down the street.... my painted lady survived the 1900 Storm but i don't think it's gonna make it this time..... o~man :(

Lone Ranger, please tell me you are off the Island. Peferably somewhere like Eagle Pass.

Thanks so much! I am in North Texas and it's supposed to hit sometime in the wee hours. My prayers go out to everyone who are displaced and those in the path.

Blessings,
Tessie

May God be with all of you that is in the path of this ferocious storm.

Stay safe.

I am north of Dallas. Our local weather is calling for 60 mph winds, 7-10 inches of rain. stay safe!

I am in San Antonio - some wind now and cloudy very hot and humid - we are evac city for the coast - interstate heavy traffic coming from
Houston we will get some rain hopefully not much else -

I cannot believe the storm surge this hurricane is generating. Anyone who stayed on Galveston Island and Bolivar Peninsula is facing "certain death". God bless you all.

The Dallas Convention Center has been turning people away since about 2:00; everyone is being directed to the check-in center in Mesquite and being redirected to other shelters that still have room for them.

Safety first.

:grouphug:

I am so concerned for the children whose parents made them stay in Galveston. This I cannot comprehend.

The coastguard talked a family with kids into a rescue boat at 2:00--I hope that was the family shown earlier on the weather channel who said they were going to stay in their apartment right near the beach.:waitasec:

I agree. I can't believe anyone would stay with a warning like that, but certainly not if you have children.

Gosh, now they are saying 30 ft. storm surge now. Earlier they mentioned the waves would be on top of that. Not good.

Lone...get out of there!

I am in San Antonio - some wind now and cloudy very hot and humid - we are evac city for the coast - interstate heavy traffic coming from
Houston we will get some rain hopefully not much else -

We must be crazy, but hubby and I are heading in to San Antonio for vacation tomorrow...we decided to go ahead and go cuz it's only predicted to rain there...so far our flight is going. Guess we better get ready for an adventure :woohoo: Hopefully all we'll get is rain!!:eek:

I have been watching the news coverage and this storm is horrible. I think we need to say a bunch of prayers for all of our Texas friends that they are safe. A headline at CNN scared the bejesus out of me.

http://www.cnn.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87
Back