Othram - General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is very dear to me (as are all of Kentucky's UIDs). Others and I feel that genetic genealogy is going to be his only hope for being identified. Hopefully, that's a possibility for him!

KY - KY - Falmouth, Male UP81, 25-45, hanged, prior skull recon, disfigured face, Jul’96

Agreed McGoo!

I’d so love for this guy’s case to be taken on by the experts, his identity restored to him & family traced & informed. Can’t help but feel he ended up far from home.

( I would certainly be happy to donate towards costs, if this is possible from the UK)

This case is very dear to me (as are all of Kentucky's UIDs). Others and I feel that genetic genealogy is going to be his only hope for being identified. Hopefully, that's a possibility for him!

KY - KY - Falmouth, Male UP81, 25-45, hanged, prior skull recon, disfigured face, Jul’96
@othram
Another famous KY case here: KY - KY - Owensboro, WhtMale UP87, 25-40, in woods off Pleasant Valley Rd, Jan'90
They had been misidentified in 2007 before it was determined that investigators were wrong. It's been more than 30 years cold now, and we still don't know who did it (although it is speculated the killer(s) was(were) local.

Hi everyone! This case has no Websleuths thread because it NEVER WENT COLD. As soon as investigators had exhausted leads using CODIS and other forensic tools, they came to Othram and we helped them make the identification and return this person to his family. This is the future!

McHenry County John Doe is Identified

Hi everyone! This case has no Websleuths thread because it NEVER WENT COLD. As soon as investigators had exhausted leads using CODIS and other forensic tools, they came to Othram and we helped them make the identification and return this person to his family. This is the future!

Very exciting! Great work. I’m glad he was quickly identified and returned to his family. May he rest in peace.

We stand corrected. Apparently there is a Websleuths thread for EVERY case: IL - McHenry County Conservation District police ask for help identifying body found in rural Harvard

Last edited:
Hi everyone, we have a new case for which we are helping to fund and solve: Who is Lincoln Jane Doe (2012)?. We actually can't find a websleuths thread for this case. Does someone know if there is a thread or if it is possible to create a new thread, if not?

@othram As a member, I believe you have the right to start a new thread.

It’d be in the ‘Unidentified’ forum.

The Unidentified

Right at the top, there’s a ‘Post New Thread’ link, and you certainly have a right to post it! If she already has a thread under some other title, the moderators can merge them. Obviously, it can be a little difficult to know the ‘right’ name for a UID.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member