Othram - General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@othram As a member, I believe you have the right to start a new thread.

It’d be in the ‘Unidentified’ forum.

The Unidentified

Right at the top, there’s a ‘Post New Thread’ link, and you certainly have a right to post it! If she already has a thread under some other title, the moderators can merge them. Obviously, it can be a little difficult to know the ‘right’ name for a UID.

Thanks, we will keep this mind!

@othram As a member, I believe you have the right to start a new thread.

It’d be in the ‘Unidentified’ forum.

The Unidentified

Right at the top, there’s a ‘Post New Thread’ link, and you certainly have a right to post it! If she already has a thread under some other title, the moderators can merge them. Obviously, it can be a little difficult to know the ‘right’ name for a UID.

Thanks, we will keep this mind!
I also can't find a thread for her, so I just started this one:
AL - Lincoln, WhtFem UP10508, 45 - 65, 5 May 2012

Thank you! I think this is the first time ever that we did not find an existing Websleuths thread for an unidentified person!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here in the States. We appreciate and are grateful for everyone's effort and time spent in trying to work so many of these unsolved cases!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here in the States. We appreciate and are grateful for everyone's effort and time spent in trying to work so many of these unsolved cases!
Back at you all! Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving. Thank you for helping Does get their names back and justice for others whose families deserve answers.

Although my donation was very small (financial times are tough as we all know :() I am happy to say... I started my Thanksgiving with a single shot in my Othram espresso cup! :cool::)

Although my donation was very small (financial times are tough as we all know :() I am happy to say... I started my Thanksgiving with a single shot in my Othram espresso cup! :cool::)

Depending on how much turkey you eat, you might need more than one shot!

And thanks again for the support. Our team is truly grateful for any and all help!

@othram I'm sure you may have been given inquiry to try to solve the Swimsuit Boy case from 1973 in Houston, but this other individual whom has a NamUs profile was possibly also a victim: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
There is hardly any info on them, or circumstances of discovery, and I don't believe a skull was recovered to get any sort of reconstruction. Seems like DNA would be the only way.

@othram I'm sure you may have been given inquiry to try to solve the Swimsuit Boy case from 1973 in Houston, but this other individual whom has a NamUs profile was possibly also a victim: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
There is hardly any info on them, or circumstances of discovery, and I don't believe a skull was recovered to get any sort of reconstruction. Seems like DNA would be the only way.

We will check on this. Thank you!

In 2009, a DNA sample was collected from the child’s body. Then last year, a DNA sample from the child was taken to Othram, a Texas lab for genealogical testing. In August 2020, the investigation turned to Missouri. A month later, the DNA sample was confirmed as belonging to the child when compared to two family members

‘Delta Dawn’ infant identified: Mystery of child found in river in 1982 solved; mother still missing

Othram, with assistance from Jackson County Sheriff's Office and the FBI, were able to provide a genetic profile suitable for genealogical research. In doing so, they were able to find a relative of the child in Missouri, and in turn were able to identify her.

After Saving For Big Birthday Trip, Woman Instead Uses Money To Fund DNA Research Giving Young Murder Victim Her Name Back

:):)

I’ve been researching this case for quite some time now, I’m not sure why it hasn’t occurred to me to mention it. As far as I know, she is buried locally and from what I’ve heard from locals, there may be other evidence stored somewhere that could lend DNA for testing. I believe this case is solvable and am confident you’d be met with some pretty motivated local authorities if you decided to reach out.

MS - MS - Lincoln Co., Wht/MixedRaceFem UP4769, 16-35, possibly from New Orleans, Sep'89

~ Happy belated Thanksgiving to all!

Question for you all -- Is there a websleuths thread for NamUs case UP10760?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz