Outburst during JS hearing!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She didn't kill her child. I think that's the main thing. Her upbringing may have been bad but it wasn't that bad. JMO

Maybe PMS. :innocent:

That might actually factor into it. I used to post on a newsgroup where a woman there clearly had some problems (including announcing on the group that she was going to kill herself and then acting like nothing had happened the next day). About once a month she would "go off the rails". She would routinely leave in a huff, announcing that she was never coming back, but she'd always be back and repeat her juvenile, hostile and obsessive behavior, like clockwork, and she got very upset with anyone who dared to differ with her opinion or, far worse, be even remotely nice to the man in the group that she was stalking. I sometimes wondered if PMS triggered her tantrums.

Good, it will give her 48 hours to think about the pitfalls of being a drug addict.

Perhaps she thinks about it already? How would we know? At least she is getting treatment for her addiction.

You're not alone and when it comes to things like this , it's not that you are gullible .. just big hearted. many don't feel an ounce sorry for her and that is fine .. I do - even with her rap sheet.

She is no different to KC except that she got caught ... if KC had been caught her rap sheet would have been similar, but ER is not facing the DP for killing her child.

She was concerned about her child and wanting to hug him ... may well have been an act, I didn't think so. I would love to see one clip of KC crying for her daughter ... sobbing for that child ... JUST.ONCE.

RS and BBM-
Sorry, but this woman doesn't even know how old her child is!! In her 1st appearance the child was three, and for the second appearance the child was two.
She is sticking by a man who has been charged with domestic violence.

She makes sure she takes her 'feel good' drug methadone, but not the ones that will help her to be a capable, stable, functional woman and mother.

She says she's under a doctors care, which she would have to be to get her meds, but I wonder how much therapy she gets to improve her life, and to give her child a better chance in life?
She chose to be at her fiance's DV court appearance rather than being with her child, FGS!!! She clearly puts her man before her child.

Different MI's cause different reactions. I have the kind of MI that makes me over emotional. Sometimes I wish that I could have the type that makes me feel nothing, like ICA.
Just because a person puts on an emotional display, doesn't mean that they care more.... they just feel emotions more intensely and often irrationally.... ....if that makes sense.
I haven't looked at, and don't really care about her rap-sheet. What I care about is that she claims that her child is her focus and makes everything worthwhile, but she is not doing the things she needs to to ensure that child doesn't suffer the same fate as herself.

Even if ICA did put on an emotional display, would anyone feel any pity for her? Not a chance!!! People would claim it was all an act. And it would have to be for someone who doesn't feel those intense, overwhelming emotions.
The key here is :
ER's intense emotion is simply a symptom of her disorder, IMO.
ICA's lack of emotion is a symptom of her disorder, IMO.

And a parent, mental illness or not, should never rely on an infant to make everything okay. That is seriously messed up!!!

JMO from a poster with a similar dx as ER, and the mother of a young child who is also displaying symptoms of a MI for which we are seeking early intervention.

Perhaps the prosecution 'slipped' her in, to demonstrate that someone with all these 'issues' could still show remorse, still apologize and mean 'I'm sorry', and still acknowledge she was wrong-in spite of the mental illness and the medications.

Still curious about the 'man in black' who spoke to the PT while she was out of the courtroom..hmmm..where is LP?

That might actually factor into it. I used to post on a newsgroup where a woman there clearly had some problems (including announcing on the group that she was going to kill herself and then acting like nothing had happened the next day). About once a month she would "go off the rails". She would routinely leave in a huff, announcing that she was never coming back, but she'd always be back and repeat her juvenile, hostile and obsessive behavior, like clockwork, and she got very upset with anyone who dared to differ with her opinion or, far worse, be even remotely nice to the man in the group that she was stalking. I sometimes wondered if PMS triggered her tantrums.

OT: most likely PMDD rather than PMS. (one of my many Dx's) Look it up.Crazy stuff. There's police women who have poured bleach into fish tanks to kill all the fish when pre-menstrual, women who have killed because of the disorder and gotten away with it. It's very real and very debilitating. It's very similar to a SPD.
JMO

Perhaps the prosecution 'slipped' her in, to demonstrate that someone with all these 'issues' could still show remorse, still apologize and mean 'I'm sorry', and still acknowledge she was wrong-in spite of the mental illness and the medications.

Still curious about the 'man in black' who spoke to the PT while she was out of the courtroom..hmmm..where is LP?

I think it was a police officer, but I'm not sure. The guy in the back of this picture is the person I think the PT was talking to:

fb93sk.jpg

After she was lead back in.Said what she said the way she said it.
Cried[ more than CASEY had all this time .
Was sorry and very remorsefaul..they claim Casey is menatally impaired?
This was an act of GOD to show what a real woman with real sorrow and remorse who said she would miss her 2 year old son while being in jail.
THE LORD WORKS in MYSTERIOUS WAYS...
Casey cries for herself....
she laughed at this woman getting shown out of the court room..
How dare anyone interupt the QUEEN'S COURT????

I guess I'll chalk it up to Florida's Sunshine Laws because courtrooms in Michigan aren't so loose. I've been in court buildings in different counties and have never seen anyone get into a courtroom without showing ID, stating their purpose in the courthouse, and going through metal detectors before being permitted to enter the courtroom. Hopefully, we won't see a similar incident that would further disrupt the Casey Anthony trial. jmo

BetteDavisEyes, what jurisdictions? I walk into Michigan courtrooms all the time with no hassle. And area federal courts; I went to a couple of the "underwear bomber" hearings and was not questioned about my purpose.

Metal detectors are pretty standard in many courthouses and have been for years.

This was an act of GOD to show what a real woman with real sorrow and remorse who said she would miss her 2 year old son while being in jail.

ITA....I saw that sadistic look on ICA's face when this woman was begging for mercy...hadn't taken her meds and begging, crying like there's no tomorrow, yet ICA showed no mercy to this woman thru her facial expressions. I'd love to know what she was saying to her counsel for her face showed no mercy, yet, she wants mercy to be shown to her...I did notice ICA's face became beet red, possibly with anger more than humiliation..Karma, is all I can feel at the moment for ICA...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Forgive my anti-religious stance.... but what on earth does religion have to do with mental illness other than hyper-religiousness being a feature of a mental illness?
I have watched these videos over and over again. Please show me where the tears are? I see the emotion, but I do NOT see tears. (would really love to post my paper on learned helplessness right now but that's going way too OT)
ER's 'remorse is reminiscent of being in a psych ward and seeing patients who want some good meds to knock them out.
Can someone please tell me why it's acceptable to have a MI that mimics remorse, while it's unacceptable to have a MI that doesn't show remorse? The deficits are the same, they just display differently.
Why is one MI acceptable, while the other is not?

The deficits are the same, but the public perception is different...why? Are we trying to project rationality on irrational or MI people?
JMO

The prosecution has professional ethics and would never stoop to such shenanigans or take any chance of putting this case at risk, IMO. I don't have the same confidence in the DT ethics, however.

Had put on the NG show last night (that thread closed now)...:maddening:

Her lead in, Tot Mom attacked.....:maddening:

No, ICA was not attacked...sensationalized at it's weirdest....this is why I don't watch her anymore....I watched her every night, until Caylee's remains were finally found....no more NG for me..too embellished for my liking...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Elizabeth Rodgers is now out.

RELEASED - 5/21/2011 7:21 AM
TIME SERVED

I hope she gets the help she needs and that she has supportive family and friends.

I, too am curious about the man in black. I first thought it could have been JB, but he was in the courtroom. I thought it could have been the officer mentioned above. I felt really badly for HHJBP having to deal with this mess but I am glad he sent a message.
As far as the spectator, I believe given the description of how she entered the courtroom, her actions, slamming her purse down and hitting a reporter in th arm with it, taking off her shoes, fluffing her hair (reminded me of JW) she came to that courtroom to be seen.
I can't believe anything she said to the judge, all I have are her actions and her actions say she was gussied up for the cameras.
She came to this courtroom to be seen and heard.

I, too am curious about the man in black. I first thought it could have been JB, but he was in the courtroom. I thought it could have been the officer mentioned above. I felt really badly for HHJBP having to deal with this mess but I am glad he sent a message.
As far as the spectator, I believe given the description of how she entered the courtroom, her actions, slamming her purse down and hitting a reporter in th arm with it, taking off her shoes, fluffing her hair (reminded me of JW) she came to that courtroom to be seen.
I can't believe anything she said to the judge, all I have are her actions and her actions say she was gussied up for the cameras.

I agree.. everyone is so sorry for her but those sobs just didnt work for me, ill or not, she twanged my bells. That's the kind of crying that sounds totally phony to me the air gulp sobs.... little kids cry like that when they are over tired , not grown women. She got a couple days in jail ... woo... but she gained notoriety, and the press coverage is overdone on this stuff. I hope whoever set this up paid her well.

I agree. This woman claimed that she'd never been in a courtroom before and wanted to see what it was like (well, giving her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she meant a DP hearing) yet she then claimed to have been in another courtroom prior to coming into ICA's hearing. Later we find out she's had multiple arrests, which would mean she's been in court before.

It was crocodile tears. MOO

A post or two above says she's already out? How? I thought she was sentenced to two days? Did I miss something?

I think what we saw yesterday was a deeply troubled young woman who may have gotten caught up in the media frenzy around this case. Just imagine someone mentally ill and if they followed Nancy Grace this whole time - they could be very mad and confused.

her first words through the sobs were she had a 2/3 year old and she had to see for herself... yes, she was at the courthouse for reasons to do with her fiance but to wander and find ICA's courtroom .. that was intentional. then she was real quick to trot out all diagnosis once she misbehaved.

But she was fully aware of what case, she was aware enough like all of us to be mad and upset as hell that ICA is so cool and detacted.

I too have a 2 year old and there are moments being someone who has followed this case since day 31 (our 1) and can get easily choked up think that anyone could hurt a baby especially that person who has the child's most trust - their momma.

It is heartbreaking - imagine that in combination with mental illness and impulse control issues and there go any one ...

I am glad that the judge punished her, we do not need any one thinking it might be a good idea or funny or historical to disrupt this case.

As far as other speculating that she may be a bad mother ... in her calm and medicated moments she may quite simple and attentive and be okay. Granted she has a rap sheet and an abusive relationship of some sort - none good for a kiddo to be around but se might be as full of love as she is full of passion about this case.

it was sad to watch .... she knew why she snuck in there - she knew she made a huge mistake ... she did seem to be sorry.

kathy

I know the public has a right to sit in on this trial but I think HHJP should have the gallery seated a half hour early and give them a little movie to watch showing him reading them the laws that apply to courtroom proceeding, the maximum penalty and end with the clip of this lady being led away (twice) in handcuffs. Just saying...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back