DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
April 29, 2009

RE: COBRA'S LATEST STUNT

I suppose we know now what he does for encores...he gets arrested and sued. LOL

I freaking loathe the fact that Snodgrass may walk away from this whole thing with money padding his pockets... and if it is true that 2 officers were at the scene when Cobra physically detained the man and took off with him without legal permission and did nothing about it, the States case against Snodgrass on the sex charges may see the case put on shaky ground. All because Cobra just had to go above the law...

On the side note: I really don't see how Snodgrass could hold Art Harris responsible and as part of the issue of Cobra illegally detaining Snodgrass. As long as Art did not put his hands on Snodgrass, or falsely present himself as an agent of the law thus having control over Snodgrass: then Snodgrass as no beef with Art. Art was there reporting it: nothing more, nothing less.

(for the record, I am not an Art fan... my defending of him is based on a legal level, alone. Overall I dislike Art's tabloid-ish reporting... his articles have done nothing but add to the circus atmosphere that Cobra has tried like heck to inject into Haleigh's case)

I haven't read all the posts in this thread. I just find it ironic that this is page 24 on thread #2 of Cobra feels confident there will be a break in case soon.

Does his soon mean something differently from what I think soon means?

Maybe soon will be when is takes off his blinders and searches outside Putnam County...

waiting.gif

Anytime Cobra.

At least he's been trying to find Haleigh.

LE apparently is no closer either.

Also it is good that he tried to get DS bond revoked, what the authorities where thinking in the first place when they let alleged sex predator, who is charged with capital sexual battery against a child, walk free :doh: :behindbar:

At least he's been trying to find Haleigh.

LE apparently is no closer either.

Also it is good that he tried to get DS bond revoked, what the authorities where thinking in the first place when they let alleged sex predator, who is charged with capital sexual battery against a child, walk free :doh: :behindbar:

I don't mind Cobra trying to get a lead on what might have happened in the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings, however....in my opinion what he did was insert himself into an already complicated investigation, and bring attention to himself only. Not aligning himself with either side of this case would have earned him points with me.

Perhaps you are right.elle1919

But he is a colourful figure and evidently has catched many criminals.

Cobra along with Art harris have exposed the local community with its twisted relationships, drug addicts, large number of sex offenders, young people almost routinely booked in and out of prison etc, to the greatest extent of humiliation on the national level. No wonder they want to get rid of him. imoo.

I am listening to Cobra on an audio now and he is collecting money,again.I am wondering why,as far as we hear,isn't LE not allowing searches?They are conducting the searches.The break in the case will not come from money being collected for searches that are not being allowed.IMO

He supposedly needs $10,000 to follow up some leads and keep searching. Mind you, there have been people down there searching with no price attached to it, at all. As well, by his own admission, he has not uncovered anything that LE hasn't.

Well,the weekly raiseathons will more than likely bring in some money for him,but if someone has a credible tip to LE for a search,they will go themselves.If people wanted to donate,they do have LE that has spent thousands in the search for Haleigh.

My take on Cobra is that he is like the mythic JOKE-STER or TRICKSTER of old... his role in the system is to provide a certain amount of chaos to a system so that it's tendency - on both sides - to solidify in place, protecting a certain set of interests (as you can see happening on this board between certain factions) is disrupted for the good of new possibilities.

This doesn't mean that Cobra will solve the case or that Cobra will specifically DO good, but by shaking things up and loose, some good that might not otherwise have occurred can happen. In fact, I think Cobra, in his own words, has said something of the sort, which tells me he does have some small level of self-awareness (in addition to self-interest).

The difference is,LE has a handle on everything that's been brought up and already dealt with it.If LE brings out something,it is truthful and not for thier benefit.It is for the benefit of finding the child,it is thier only interest in where she is and what happened.They have thier drives and it is to help the community,put back into the community.LE doesn't shake up the community with rumors or lies for thier benefit and pockets.They have no self interests.

The difference is,LE has a handle on everything that's been brought up and already dealt with it.If LE brings out something,it is truthful and not for thier benefit.It is for the benefit of finding the child,it is thier only interest in where she is and what happened.They have thier drives and it is to help the community,put back into the community.LE doesn't shake up the community with rumors or lies for thier benefit and pockets.They have no self interests.

While it would nice if true - and it might be in this case - there are many cases where LE has become so attached to its own view of the case that later what turned out to be very key data was missed or discarded.

Still, there's the other point, that LE is often wise enough to appreciate a little chaos... :)

Well,Viki,this is true,but all this chaos has fried my brain. :)

IMO Cobra has done nothing but stir up things that have nothing to do with Haleigh disappearing. People relied on him for information and he fueled rumor after rumor which have all mostly being proven false by now. He is down on Haleighbug Center for collecting donations, yet he is on radio show begging for money because unlike Haleighbug he will use the money to find Haleigh. Well he has already spent 35,000 dollars and has done nothing but cause LE extra work and used their resources to fix the problems he creates.

I guess there are people that think BHs are the devil themselves....I remember similar rumblings about a man with the initials LP...

BHs are more inclined to be on the side of LE than work against them.

I guess there are people that think BHs are the devil themselves....I remember similar rumblings about a man with the initials LP...

BHs are more inclined to be on the side of LE than work against them.

Actually, Bounty Hunters are the same as any profession. There are some good, some bad.

Not liking what a person does and how they act is not the same as being against all of that profession.

I guess the cases we cover have all the bad ones.

I suppose that the best ones manage to stay under our radar for the most part, because I can't believe that media attention and getting to be (in)famous and instantly recognizable often helps them in their endeavours to elicit information about and from the bad guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissHalle