P.I. Says Partner Knew Where Caylee Anthony's Body Was

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe I interpreted it wrong but in that video it almost seemed to me that Hoover knew what was said on the phone. It sort of stood out how his lawyer stressed that he made a very detailed statement after the reporter asked if he could hear what was being said.

All of this news is very interesting. I'd love to see and hear that tape.

I'm glad this PI came forward with the tape. But the answers I'm dying to know now are:

why he didn't say anything back in Nov when DC told him that Caylee was dead and that he knew where she was. All the attorney said if I remember right was that there are a lot of pieces to the puzzle missing and that some people were media hungry for the spot light,etc.

Who was DC talking to on the phone that day in the woods? I hope they supeona all of his phone records and pings for his cell now.

Exactly. WHY didn't he say anything back in November? Some people WERE media hungry? Puhleeeze. I too hope they subpoena DC's records as well as this "PI". There is something about Mr. Hoover that I don't trust. Can't put my finger on it, but I just get a feeling that he's just as sleazy as the rest.

Exactly. WHY didn't he say anything back in November? Some people WERE media hungry? Puhleeeze. I too hope they subpoena DC's records as well as this "PI". There is something about Mr. Hoover that I don't trust. Can't put my finger on it, but I just get a feeling that he's just as sleazy as the rest.

I don't trust him either! There's no reason why LE should not have been notified about what DC knew (allegedly) back in November. JH just sat there during the interview with Kathy Bellich... didn't say a word. Kind of weird how the atty did all the talking for his client here. At least RK made his own statement before his atty started talking!

I'm working on the CMA calendar at the moment and just happened to find this while digging on the web for more November 08' info. I'm not sure if this is the right locale for it, if not moderator's please feel free to move. I have saved this to file as well in the event that it is removed at any point from ML's site. Keep in mind this conversation takes place on the weekend of November 8-9, 2008, when Equusearch arrived in Orlando to conduct a search.

http://www.momlogic.com/2008/11/casey_anthonys_private_investi.php
(Bolded by me)
Casey Anthony's Private Investigator Speaks
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2008

The private investigator working with the Anthonys to locate Caylee Marie believes Casey Anthony is a "loving and protective mother."

Over the weekend, Equusearch spearheaded a massive effort in the Orlando, Florida area to locate the remains of missing toddler Caylee Marie Anthony. Over a thousand volunteers combed the terrain for two days -- but found no signs of the child.

There is one man who is not in the least surprised by the outcome.
Dominic Casey, head of D & A Investigations, Inc., the agency working with the Anthony family to find Casey Anthony's missing daughter, spoke exclusively with momlogic. And he vehemently believes the three-year-old is alive. "You can call me crazy," says Dominic, who has been a private investigator for 20 years. "Everyone is calling me crazy. I get death threats on a daily basis."
With all the evidence mounting against Caylee's mother Casey, it seems like a long shot the little girl will ever come home. From the mysterious "nanny" Casey claimed was watching after Caylee, to her chloroform recipe search, the partying and -- most of all -- Casey's father George's revelation that he noticed the "familiar" stench of death in the trunk of Casey's car.

Whatever George Anthony smelled, Dominic is convinced it was not Caylee Marie. "There is no indication in any of the forensic reports," insists Dominic, "that say that the decomposition was of a human nature. They are all inconclusive." Dominic Casey says he is still actively searching for clues, just has he has been since days after Caylee's disappearance -- all pro bono. "We offered our services to the Anthonys and since then we have not taken one cent from them. It's not about the money. One's ability to pay should not deny the right to available resources, especially in the case of missing child."

In addition to his ongoing investigation, Dominic speaks with the Anthonys on a daily basis. "George and Cindy are good people living a nightmare." And he stresses at no time have the Anthonys ever doubted the innocence of their daughter. "Absolutely not. Never. They completely support Casey." But, he adds, "I would never give them false hope." Dominic has also spoken many times with Casey, meeting with her in Orange County Jail early as August. "She is absolutely distraught," says Dominic when asked about her demeanor on these visits, "I cannot imagine what that girl is going through."

Ultimately, Dominic is sick of the sensationalism that surrounds this case. "Please, stop the negativity," he pleads. In his opinion, one detail that keeps feeding the media frenzy is law enforcement's release of nearly 1000 tips from psychics to the public -- not legitimate Caylee sightings. "The Sheriff's department claims they are withholding the tips because they are currently investigating them. But that's impossible," Dominic says, adding "There are in excess of 5,000 tips. By withholding the tips of people who say they saw Caylee Marie, it just fuels the public opinion that Caylee Marie is no longer with us. And that is untrue."

For some, Dominic realizes it's difficult to understand how he or, for that matter the Anthonys, can have hope for Caylee Marie's safe return. Dominic puts the question directly to parents. "What if your child disappeared and there was no conclusive evidence that the child was dead, would you give up the search?"

Another search begins today, this one led by Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter who helped post Casey Anthony's bail. Padilla is heading up a dive team searching a river in the Orlando area. As with the Equusearch effort,Dominic says he would be absolutely devastated if Caylee's remains were found. "I would fall apart. I would not believe the remains were of Caylee Marie. Not for one minute would I believe Casey would do that to her child. I've spent many hours with her and she is a loving and protective mother."

This reminds me of a case in my area about a foster child, Marcus Fiesel, whom his foster parents claimed went missing from an area park in broad daylight. Long story short, of the three adults residing in the household, one finally came forward to LE with the truth. The couple went to prison for life and she walked. Now, it's just an opinion mind you, but it's my belief that this woman only went to LE with the truth because the thought of prison had her rattled and she figured she'd "beat them to the punch" so to speak. When all this broke, my first thought was "he's just trying to beat them to the punch".

<<"You can call me crazy," says Dominic,>>

Okay, you're crazy.

everyone keeps asking why LE was not informed back in Nov when the PI's searched. What exactly was supposed to be reported? That they got a tip to look there, did, and came up empty? That they didn't fiind her is the only thing the PI's agree about. Even LP said they were off from where she was actually found. Even if the tip had come from Casey, they probably thought is was yet another lie in her long list of many. MOO

Hi all.

I think PI Hoover's motivations are pretty clear: assist PI Casey (they were both employed by the A family at the time), then shop the tapes to various media outlets for the cash. I think he may have sought out LP as a potential buyer or for advice about a buyer. Guess Hoover didn't figure that LP would call his FBI buddy, N Savage.

PI Casey is the devious one. He won't hold a presser because he is waiting for Caylee's funeral (aww; how nice of him), is angry because Hoover suprised him (but actually it seems, Hoover was told to be on site with cam), says he was on the phone to his ailing daughter (aww; well maybe on 1 of his 3 cellphones), wants to sue Hoover (for what, exactly?). PI Casey also revisited the site 2 MORE times in addition to 15-16 November.

Hoover, at least, has come clean with LE and FBI...What does PI Casey have to say under oath? Oh, right...add to the list that he is waiting for Baez and special master before giving his deposition. Okey-dokey. *wink*

I don't know why DC would state emphatically KC was a loving and protective Mother when Caylee was already gone and all his time spent with KC was in jail. It isn't like he could actually view KC's Mothering Instincts with her child firsthand, now is it?

That comment has always bugged me.

I couldn't help but keep thinking that maybe.....the filming was for any upcoming book or movie deals. How much would crazy production companies pay for real video from the scene?

Surely they are not that sick but you never know in this crazy case. If any of them could actually live with themselves knowing she was out there and filming it.....there is a special place for them(somewhere I won't say since my 9 yr old is trying to read what I am typing).

everyone keeps asking why LE was not informed back in Nov when the PI's searched. What exactly was supposed to be reported? That they got a tip to look there, did, and came up empty? That they didn't fiind her is the only thing the PI's agree about. Even LP said they were off from where she was actually found. Even if the tip had come from Casey, they probably thought is was yet another lie in her long list of many. MOO

Well, JH should have reported what's being called a bombshell right now... that DC supposedly had detailed information that there was a body at that location. Why didn't he take it to LE?

I think LP also said that the fence was shown in the film. I am guessing that perhaps the snippet LP saw--1.5 minutes or so--did not show the exact site but that the longer 10-minute version did. After interviewing Hoover and seeing the film LE (Det. Allen) said they are fairly pleased with the results. The film (or whatever it is, digital?) must, therefore, show the site or else LE would merely have said Hoover is cooperating....

Thinking about what I said earlier, If JH is telling the truth regarding DC's words when he called JH on the 14th.

Maybe DC is sick enough to want to film the area the body is in before she was found, so that they could use the video for a book or movie deal.

According to JH's interview this morning, when DC called him on the 14th he said (I KNOW WHERE CAYLEE IS, SHE IS DEAD........COME INTO TOWN AND BRING YOUR CAMERA)......If DC really thought he knew where she was then why not call LE or FBI instead of requesting JH and his camera....

Well, JH should have reported what's being called a bombshell right now... that DC supposedly had detailed information that there was a body at that location. Why didn't he take it to LE?

Because there was nothing found? JH didn't realize his opportunities until much later. Got a feeling Hoover is not only a bit amoral but also not that bright (if that is the word for it).

More important is why PI Casey did not inform LE--he had contact or a line to the info....and it wasn't Kiomarie (testimony in JULY). PI Casey also visited the site two additional times after 15 and 16 November.

If PI Casey was *that* sure, why didn't PI he tell LE? He was working for the A family beginning in October, not Baez; therefore, there is no attorney-employee privilege for that period of time.

PI Casey looks very interesting, in an LE kind of way.

Thinking about what I said earlier, If JH is telling the truth regarding DC's words when he called JH on the 14th.

Maybe DC is sick enough to want to film the area the body is in before she was found, so that they could use the video for a book or movie deal.

According to JH's interview this morning, when DC called him on the 14th he said (I KNOW WHERE CAYLEE IS, SHE IS DEAD........COME INTO TOWN AND BRING YOUR CAMERA)......If DC really thought he knew where she was then why not call LE or FBI instead of requesting JH and his camera....

Yeah! What's up with that? hmm. I think PI Casey might be a fibster.

DC claims to have worked pro bono, then I ask who paid his traveling expenses?

Within Florida: Jacksonville, Gainesville, Clearwater, Tampa, Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale and Miami, AND OF COURSE, ON SUBURBAN DR. IN ORLANDO.

Out of State: Navada, California, Texas, Kentucky, Ohio, New York, Virginia and North Carolina.

Pro bono my you know what!

Note: this video includes details about the Caylee "look alike" at the Florida mall. The two women who supposedly spotted her were co-worker's. One of the women DID NOT believe that it was Caylee, her co-worker did and called it in. NEITHER WOMAN WANTED TO COME FORWARD AND BE IDENTIFIED.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7954854&versionw.=1&locale=EN-US

it's all so frustrating, i really don't know what to think. so many good points being made here, make me keep changing the way i look at things and still no answers!! I suspect that the old interview where PI said Casey was a good mom..blah,blah,blah....was him trying to keep on the good side of theA's. If he really has intentions that aren't on the level, why wouldn't he lie all along, just to be close to the family and get info? I still think that the PI's really didn't have much to tell back in Nov. Casey is a major liar, anything coming from or around her, has to be checked out, but when not panning out there was nothing to tell. Once the baby was found, yeah it should be mentioned and followed up as to how the tips were given. But at the time??? It would be yet another false lead Casey was throwing at them.

I don't know... we have to keep in mind that JH had important information back in November that he didn't disclose to the proper authorities. Was LP the first to alert LE about it? NG seemed to think so last night.

LE probably asked him that same question in the iv yesterday and one day soon hopefully we can see how he answered that! But, I'm speculating....maybe he was scared of DC and/or the As and what might happen to him if he broke ranks and told LE, maybe he was concerned his personal and professional reputation would suffer if he told them, maybe he didn't take the information all that seriously, and perhaps had they found the body (and I'm not saying they didn't) he may have reported it. He may have been concerned he was breaching his duty of confidentiality with the As and not known whether or not he was obliged to report, or if reporting it could result in him losing his license (american sp...lol).

ETA He may also have been willing to keep the secret, and perhaps had a falling out with DC and/or the As and changed his mind. So many possibilities!

It looks like LP was the first to alert LE. He seemed to indicate he couldn't call quick enough because he was concerned they were trying to set him up.

DC claims to have worked pro bono, then I ask who paid his traveling expenses?

Within Florida: Jacksonville, Gainesville, Clearwater, Tampa, Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale and Miami, AND OF COURSE, ON SUBURBAN DR. IN ORLANDO.

Out of State: Navada, California, Texas, Kentucky, Ohio, New York, Virginia and North Carolina.

Pro bono my you know what!

Note: this video includes details about the Caylee "look alike" at the Florida mall. The two women who supposedly spotted her were co-worker's. One of the women DID NOT believe that it was Caylee, her co-worker did and called it in. NEITHER WOMAN WANTED TO COME FORWARD AND BE IDENTIFIED.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7954854&versionw.=1&locale=EN-US

perhaps he was getting paid by KFN? Does anyone know if he's associated with them?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back