Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A letter of that type is required for taking children into Canada -- or was several years ago. We saw that while following the murder of Nancy Cooper -- she wanted to leave her husband (later, convicted murderer Brad Cooper). She had planned to leave Brad and to take her two girls to Canada, her home country, but she knew Brad would never give her that letter, so she had to stay here in the US until she died from strangulation.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?141579-Verdict-Watch

There are parts of the Canadian/US border where you can get straight across as they are unguarded. I'm also sure that it's likely that they would forge a letter of consent to take her across the border at a crosspoint. I think it is more likely that if they have left the US then they are in Canada rather than Mexico.

How does someone with a criminal record become a Sunday school teacher

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Most churches don't do background checks unless you work in the nursery with babies/toddlers and will be changing diapers (and some don't even background check those people although they should for the liability, IMO). Being a "Sunday School teacher" for a teenager class is usually nothing more than reading from a book and facilitating questions. Maybe passing out worksheets, leading a song or saying a prayer. It's a volunteer position anyone can do in most churches. If the classes are large they might even have two teachers at the same time that tag team. Actually, some churches encourage married couples with children of their own to teach a Sunday School class together. I wonder if that is how his wife got to know A as well? They might have taught the age range that their own children were in together. A is the same age as one of his daughters (which makes this all the MORE sickening, IMO).

Yes, I agree. Did the form need the primary care-giver's signature to authorize it? If so, did A forge her signature? If it did not, it certainly should have -- that would give the school less liability should something like this occur. I know I would want to verify such a permission/signature.

It's a big deal, IMO, and schools have to be very careful for their students and for their own liability.
JMO

I've been thinking about this and I wonder if perhaps A's mom DID sign the form but depended on A to tell her what it said? He mom only speaks a little English. She probably does not read English. I'm not sure how the school could have gotten around this issue since the child was determined (or encouraged by a predator) to turn in a false document.

I looked down quite a bit at the pics -- one pic has a girl who looks like A. Anyone else see that? (I could certainly be wrong, but it does look like her, IMO.)
Yes, there‘s a rollercoaster video as well (posted earlier) where he speaks out her name.

Most churches don't do background checks unless you work in the nursery with babies/toddlers and will be changing diapers (and some don't even background check those people although they should for the liability, IMO). Being a "Sunday School teacher" for a teenager class is usually nothing more than reading from a book and facilitating questions. Maybe passing out worksheets, leading a song or saying a prayer. It's a volunteer position anyone can do in most churches. If the classes are large they might even have two teachers at the same time that tag team. Actually, some churches encourage married couples with children of their own to teach a Sunday School class together. I wonder if that is how his wife got to know A as well? They might have taught the age range that their own children were in together. A is the same age as one of his daughters (which makes this all the MORE sickening, IMO).
Yes and him posing as a "step father" is even mire sickening

Yes and him posing as a "step father" is even mire sickening

I'm surprised no one working at the school knew A's mom OR knew the Esterly's to know this wasn't true. Were his own kids in a different High School? Were teachers and administrators under the false idea that the Esterlys are divorced?

I looked down quite a bit at the pics -- one pic has a girl who looks like A. Anyone else see that? (I could certainly be wrong, but it does look like her, IMO.)

That pic was posted in 2015 however per this Heavy article, AL was friends with one of his daughters.

<modsnip>

The dad she never had -- talk about grooming. She is going to be a therapist's life's work. From daddy to lover, perhaps. OMG -- I hope I've got this all wrong, but...
<shiver> <gag> SMH. Be still, my racing mind. SMH. It happens.

This case isn’t getting nearly the amount of media coverage I would have thought it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree. Did the form need the primary care-giver's signature to authorize it? If so, did A forge her signature? If it did not, it certainly should have -- that would give the school less liability should something like this occur. I know I would want to verify such a permission/signature.

It's a big deal, IMO, and schools have to be very careful for their students and for their own liability.
JMO

Lehigh Valley Academy has a link on their website that AL may have downloaded and forged. However, it is a google shared link so the school should be able to locate who downloaded the form.

http://www.lvacademy.org/school_information/forms_and_notices1

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tjRuJ25ovAvRUOZZ-X2PXsDLuev4RvaQgveQGzPST64/copy?usp=sharing

bbm
I've been thinking about that daughter. What in the world can she be thinking? Assuming he was a good dad (who knoze??), what does she think is going on? And she will have to go to school with all that "stuff" floating around the news media and everywhere else. Did she see anything "weird" between her dad and A? Another casualty by this jerk of a husband/father/s.s. teacher/predator. Long prison sentence, please.

bbm
I've been thinking about that daughter. What in the world can she be thinking? Assuming he was a good dad (who knoze??), what does she think is going on? And she will have to go to school with all that "stuff" floating around the news media and everywhere else. Did she see anything "weird" between her dad and A? Another casualty by this jerk of a husband/father/s.s. teacher/predator. Long prison sentence, please.

I worry his daughter could be a victim prior to him moving onto A. JMO.

Yes, Gardener, I've worried about that, too. Sometimes someone can get away with it if he "explains" that that "it's only because I love you so much, I want us to be close, but you can't tell anyone that you are my favorite daughter," etc. It wouldn't surprise me at all. What a horrible secret she may be keeping.

Just me speculating...
Feb 9 KE was caught with AY when her mother found the texts between the two and tried to pick her up at school.

Feb 15, KE''s wife finds out and KE makes up a story, blaming AY for the mess, in order to calm her down. She losses it and tries to confront AY at the family home. AY''s mother calls the police. The Esterlys are warned to leave the family alone.

Like what? How do you think grooming occurs? Do you think it's impossible for a grown man to decide to prey on a child he knows well or has taken care of?

A 45 year old man took off with a 16 year old girl who is nkt his, left his family, and disappeared without telling anyone. He had checked her out of school several times before and no one knows why.

To me its not a mystery. He's a predator.

I am very much aware of how predators groom from a young age as I've been a victim of it, thanks though :)

I was more talking about how they know each other and the relationship between the two families, as I first got the impression (from her Mum's statements) that there wasn't one, which now seems to be untrue.

Skipped a few posts so apologies if it's been mentioned, but wonder if she could be pregnant :facepalm:

A's mother said "I asked Kevin, 'Why does A call you daddy?' and he said, 'That's normal. It's normal because my daughter talks like that,'" she recounted. "I don't believe that now."

Her mother said she also brought up the paternal reference with Stacey Esterly, because A also called her "mom." Stacey allegedly responded to her that "it was normal."

Multiple attempts by ABC News to reach Stacey Esterly were not immediately returned.

The mother said that since her daughter turned 16 she developed a wild streak and turned to the cops often. A "won't listen to me. She was going out a lot and I called the police many times because my daughter I can't control," she said.

A was an infant when her father left their home to return to China.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-missing-teen-waiting-waiting-praying-safe-return/story?id=53658567

I live in PA and have to say this is false. It is PA LAW that all adults employed or volunteering around children must have background checks and clearances.
My church requires a copy of my clearances for me to volunteer at Sunday school. My children&#8217;s school will not allow parents to volunteer or even have lunch with their child without proper clearances. If this man was a Sunday school teacher with a criminal background, the church didn&#8217;t follow the law.

ETA: didn&#8217;t intend for my response come off rude. Just wanted to share that it is law here in PA, not optional for the church to do a check.

No rudeness seen by me, j-j -- you were stating facts. My church is the same -- there are always kids around, no matter whether it's Sunday School, a weeknight dinner, picnics, movie night, whatever -- nearly any type of coming together involves kids and adults . These days, I would think most churches certainly would be careful in the way they operate. Bad things happen, and bad people watch & do bad things. No point in making it easier for such things to happen. And children are usually trusting & trying to be good kids -- and one bad apple can do much harm.
I just hope this will end soon -- Amy is in great danger on many levels.

I live in PA and have to say this is false. It is PA LAW that all adults employed or volunteering around children must have background checks and clearances.
My church requires a copy of my clearances for me to volunteer at Sunday school. My children&#8217;s school will not allow parents to volunteer or even have lunch with their child without proper clearances. If this man was a Sunday school teacher with a criminal background, the church didn&#8217;t follow the law.

ETA: didn&#8217;t intend for my response come off rude. Just wanted to share that it is law here in PA, not optional for the church to do a check.

No offense taken. That's a very good law to have-- that background checks should be preformed. It is not that way in all places (I wish it were!). Does the PA law allow the church to choose to allow someone with a known criminal background to volunteer regardless of the results of the check or does it mean the church violated the law since he has a criminal background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay